AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs December 4 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs December 2018
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has put the imports of ____ dore in restricted category, which means that an importer now, needs a license to import this commodity?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Gold
On 30th November 2018, The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) which works under Ministry of Commerce and Industry has put the imports of gold dore in restricted category. It means that an importer now, needs a license to import this commodity. Gold dore is a semi-pure alloy which is refined for further purification. Refined gold bars are manufactured from gold dore bar. India, the world’s second-biggest gold consumer after China, imports about 900 tonnesof gold a year. Also in a separate notice, the DGFT prescribed wastage norms and value addition in respect of gold religious idols (only gods and goddess) -both plain and studded, of eight carats and above (up to 24 carats). The DGFT prescribed that percentage of wastage for plain gold idols will be 2.5 per cent and for studded gold idols it will be 5 per cent.
- Government has constituted a 6-member committee to look at selling 149 small and marginal oil and gas fields of state-owned ONGC and Oil India to private and foreign companies to boost domestic output. Who is the head of the committee?
1) Rajiv Kumar
2) Sanjay Arora
3) Rithuparna Sen
4) Deeksha Sashant
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rajiv Kumar
A six-member committee has been constituted by the government which will look at selling as many as 149 small and marginal oil and gas fields of state-owned ONGC and Oil India to private and foreign companies to boost domestic output. The committee will be headed by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar and includes Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha, Economic Affairs Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg, Oil Secretary M M Kutty, NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant and ONGC Chairman and Managing Director Shashi Shanker. Earlier on 12thOctober, Prime Minister Narendra Modi called a meeting to review domestic production profile of oil and gas and the roadmap for cutting import dependence by 10 per cent by 2022 and this committee is a follow up of that meeting.
- Name India’s first locomotive-less train that crossed the 180 kmph speed limit during a test run in the Kota-Sawai Madhopur section, on 2nd December 2018?
1) Train 18
3) Train 98
4) Train FX
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Train 18
On 2nd December 2018, India’s first locomotive-less train named Train 18, crossed the 180 kmph speed limit during a test run in the Kota-Sawai Madhopur section. Train 18 will become India’s fastest train when it is made operational. This train has been developed indigenously, costing Rs 100 crore. It is a high-tech, energy-efficient, self-propelled (engine-less) train. It features aerodynamically designed driver cabins at both ends for quicker turn-around at destinations. It has an advanced regenerative braking system to save power. It is fully air-conditioned. It has 16 coaches. Train 18 is expected to start its commercial run from January 2019. It is expected to replace the current Shatabdi Express. Integral Coach Factory (ICF) will launch one more Train 18 this fiscal and 4 by the next fiscal.
- Nagaland government signed a 5-year MoU with e-Governance Academy of which country to provide advisory and technical knowledge for setting up of e-Governance Academy of Nagaland (e-GAN), on 30th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Estonia
On 30th November 2018, Nagaland government signed a five-year Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with e-Governance Academy of Estonia to provide advisory and technical knowledge for setting up of e-Governance Academy of Nagaland (e-GAN). The MoU is aimed at strengthening bilateral technical cooperation in the fields of information technology and e-governance. The agreement was signed during the on-going 4thedition of the e-Naga Summit, by department of IT&C commissioner and Secretary of the state, KD Vizo and Arvo Ott, director e-Governance Academy of Estonia.
- Where was the international workshop on “Developing a Ganga Museum Concept: Exchanging Experiences and Ideas between India and Europe”, held on 29th and 30th November 2018?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On 29th and 30th November 2018, an international workshop on “Developing a Ganga Museum Concept: Exchanging Experiences and Ideas between India and Europe” was held in New Delhi. The workshop was organized by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) along with GIZ India, as a part of Indo German Development Co-operation. Experts from India and the European Union participated. NMCG is planning to set up a Ganga Exhibition and a Ganga Museum for public outreach, portraying river Ganga’s history and mythology, its importance for the livelihood of a huge population, and efforts for Ganga Rejuvenation. In the workshop, ideas and experiences related to the proposed Ganga Museum and Ganga Exhibition, were discussed.
- Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik launched AB-PMJAY in Jammu, on 1st December 2018. What does “B” represent in AB-PMJAY?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bharat
On 1st December 2018, Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik launched the ambitious “Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY)” at Teacher’s Bhawan in Jammu. The scheme which would benefit over 31 lakhresidents in the state will provide medical facilities to the poor and vulnerable families in secondary and tertiary care hospitals of the country. Marking the launch of the scheme, theGovernor along with other dignitaries distributed Golden Cards among 10 eligible beneficiaries for availing the annual health cover facility. Recently the state received ‘Best Performing Large State’ award on account of high reduction in Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) in a single year and for effective implementation of health schemes by the India Today group at the “State of the States Conclave 2018”.
- Which state government has issued a government resolution allowing citizens to inspect records in district-level offices and local bodies throughout the state under the Right To Information (RTI) for 2 hours every Monday?
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Maharashtra
On 26th November 2018, Maharashtra government issued a government resolution allowing citizens to inspect records in district-level offices and local bodies throughout Maharashtra under the Right To Information (RTI) for 2 hours every Monday. This move aims to bring transparency in the functioning of the government and to reduce RTI applications and appeals. People don’t need to file RTI applications or pay any fee. They can directly go to the offices and inspect the records. All district-level offices and local bodies like municipal corporations and councils, zilla parishads, etc, have been instructed to allow inspection from 3 pm to 5 pm every Monday. This resolution is not applicable to Mantralaya, the state secretariat of Maharashtra, due to logistical issues. If a public holiday falls on Monday, inspection would be allowed on the next working day.
- Name the country which has announced that, it will quit from Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) in January 2019, to concentrate on Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) export?
1) Saudi Arabia
2) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Qatar
Qatar announced that it was quitting Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) from January 2019. The decision meant Doha could focus on cementing its position as the world’s top liquefied natural gas (LNG) exporter. Doha is one of the smallest oil producers in OPEC.
- World Bank unveiled _____ dollars in climate action investment for 2021-25, adding which amounts to a doubling of its current five-year funding, on 3rd December 2018?
1) USD 200 billion
2) USD 370 billion
3) USD 450 billion
4) USD 150 billion
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) USD 200 billion
On 3rd December 2018 , the World Bank unveiled USD 200 billion in climate action investment for 2021-25, adding this amounts to a doubling of its current five-year funding.The move coincides with a UN climate summit in Katowice (Poland). The breakdown of 200 billion dollars would comprise approximately 100 billion in direct finance from the World Bank. Around one-third of the remaining funding will come from two World Bank Group agencies with the rest private capital mobilised by the World Bank Group. In the 2018 fiscal year, running from July 2017 to June 2018, the World Bank had committed USD 20.5 billion to climate action, compared with an annual average of USD 13.5 billion for the 2014-2018 period. UN climate summit started on 03rd December 2018 in Katowice (Poland) with a warning that today’s generation is the last that can prevent catastrophic global warming, as well as the first to be suffering its impacts. This Climate conference has been called as Paris 2.0. Agreement saw countries commit to limiting global temperature rises to well below two degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit), and to the safer cap of 1.5C if at all possible.
- Moody’s expects the real gross domestic product (GDP) in India to grow at what per cent in the year ending March 2019 and 7.4 per cent in the following year?
1) 7.2 %
2) 7.3 %
3) 7.5 %
4) 7.6 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 7.2 %
On 03rd December 2018, Moody’s expects the real gross domestic product (GDP) in India to grow 7.2 per cent in the year ending March 2019 and 7.4 per cent in the following year. Earlier Moody’s Investors service growth prediction for India was 7.5% in 2018-19, 7.5% in 2019-20 released on 23rd August,2018. This growth is driven by investment growth and strong consumption. Moody’s said in its report it has a stable outlook on the Indian banking system for the next 12-18 months. The stable outlook is based on six parameters — operating environment, asset quality, capital, funding and liquidity, profitability and efficiency, and government support.
- Name the Disabilities’ Advocate from Bangladesh who won the UNESCO/Emir Jaber al Ahmad al Jaber al Sabah Prize for Digital Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities in the Individual Category in Paris, France, on 3rdDecember 2018?
1) Jalaludin Shah
2) Vashkar Bhattacharjee
3) Ruban Singhal
4) Arindam Chaudhary
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Vashkar Bhattacharjee
On 3rd December 2018, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) had awarded Disabilities’ Advocate from Bangladesh, Vashkar Bhattacharjee and Private sector enterprise of China, Tencent with UNESCO/Emir Jaber al Ahmad al Jaber al Sabah Prize for Digital Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities at a ceremony organized on International Day of Persons with disability at UNESCO headquarter in Paris, France. Individual Category award winner, Vashkar Bhattacharjee from Bangladesh is a leading advocate who collaborated with Local, National as well as international organization to produce learning resources dedicated to persons with disabilities and to train teachers to use the accessible reading materials. Organization Category award winner, Tancent from China is an Internet based technologies and cultural organization recognized for its outstanding contribution towards employment of person with disabilities using inclusive digital technologies. This year’s theme for the International day of Persons with disability focuses on empowerment of persons with disabilities and ensuring inclusiveness and equality which is a part of 2030 Agenda for Sustainable development that pledges to “leave no one behind”.
- Who was awarded “Hero to Animals” by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for banning Chinese Manjha ( A thread use in Kites) in Delhi, on 1st December 2018?
1) Rajath Seth
2) Imran Hussain
3) Savithri Ben
4) Vanitha Das
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Imran Hussain
On 1st December 2018, Mr. Imran Hussain, Delhi Minister of Food Supplies, Environment and Forest was awarded “Hero to Animals” by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for banning Chinese Manjha ( A thread use in Kites) in Delhi. In July 2018, Mr Imran Hussain banned the sale, production, storage, supply, import and use of Chinese manjha made of Nylon because Sharp edges of manjha hurt the birds and animals sometimes even children.
- _____ became the first Indian to be elected as one of the 7 members of the Judges Committee of the International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF), on 2nd December 2018?
1) Rudhra Kumar
2) Pawan Singh
3) Vijay Mahath
4) Randeep Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Pawan Singh
On 2nd December 2018, Pawan Singh became the first Indian to be elected as one of the 7 members of the Judges Committee of the International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF). Pawan Singh is also the Joint Secretary General of National Rifle Association of India (NRAI). He was a former coach of the Indian shooting team. Members of the administrative council of ISSF voted to select the committee, at the elections held at Munich. The Judges Committee consists of: a Chairman and 7 members. It is responsible for the uniform application of shooting rules. It offers guidelines for international judges. It prepares and conducts courses for judges and jury members. It approves applications for judge’s licenses’ and proposes juries to the executive committee for championships and games. It meets at least once a year and reports to the administrative council.
- Who has taken charge as Technical Member in the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL), Ministry of Power, for a period of 3 years?
1) Vijendra Yadav
2) Sushil Kumar
3) Sarthak Jain
4) Ravindra Kumar Verma
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Ravindra Kumar Verma
Ravindra Kumar Verma has taken charge as Technical Member in the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL), Ministry of Power, for a period of 3 years. Justice Manjula Chellur, Chairperson of APTEL, administered the Oath of Office and Secrecy to Ravindra Kumar Verma. Ravindra Kumar Verma has occupied various posts in Central Electricity Authority (CEA) for over 37 years. He had superannuated as Chairperson of CEA and Ex-officio Secretary to the Government of India on 30th June 2018. He has a vast experience in power sector related to Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Grid Operation.
- ____ is the first Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered robot to fly in Space, which made an interaction with the spacefaring crew of International Space Station (ISS), on 15th November 2018?
1) CIMON (Crew Interactive Mobile Companion)
2) SFIB (Space Flight Interactive Bot)
3) RAID (Real-time Artificial Intelligence Dexter)
4) IE (Intelligent Explorer)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) CIMON (Crew Interactive Mobile Companion)
CIMON (Crew Interactive Mobile Companion), the first Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered robot to fly in Space, was launched to the International Space Station (ISS) in June 2018. German astronaut Alexander Gerst talked with the artificially intelligent crew-assistant CIMON during a 90-minute experiment on November 15, 2018, aboard the International Space Station (ISS).
- Name the Indian who won gold in the Senior Women’s Sabre event of the Commonwealth Senior Fencing Championships held in Canberra, Australia, from 23rd to 28th November 2018, by which she has become the first Indian to win a gold in the Commonwealth Championship?
1) Rushmita Roy
2) Avantika Sen
3) Bhavani Devi
4) Vimala Ranjan
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bhavani Devi
From 23rd to 28th November 2018, Commonwealth Senior Fencing Championships, was held in Canberra, Australia. India won a total of 3 medals: 2 gold and 1 bronze, in the championship. The medal tally was topped by England with 6 gold, 6 silver and 4 bronze medals. Indian medal winners:
• Bhavani Devi won gold medal in the Senior Women’s Sabre event. She has become the first Indian to win a gold medal in the Commonwealth Championship.
• Karan Singh won bronze medal in the Senior Men’s Sabre event.
• Karan Singh teamed with Sagar Sahi, Manpreet Singh and Vishal Thapar and won gold medal in the Senior Men’s Sabre team event.
- Who won the Men’s Singles title of the Tata Open India International Challenge 2018 (badminton) held in Mumbai, from 28th November to 2nd December 2018?
1) Lakshya Sen
2) Arjun M.R.
3) B. Sumeeth Reddy
4) Mahindra Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Lakshya Sen
From 28th November to 2nd December 2018, Tata Open India International Challenge 2018 (badminton) was held in Mumbai.
Men’s Singles Lakshya Sen (India)
Women’s Singles Ashmita Chaliha (India)
Men’s Doubles Arjun M.R., B. Sumeeth Reddy (India)
Women’s Doubles Ng Wing Yung, Yeung Nga Ting (Hong Kong)
Mixed Doubles Nipitphon Phuangphuapet, Savitree Amitrapai (Thailand)
- ____ became the first Indian individual medal winner in an international ultra running event by winning bronze in the 2018 International Association of Ultra Running (IAU) 24 Hour Asia & Oceania Championships in Taipei, Taiwan, on 2nd December 2018?
1) Sunil Sharma
2) Vineet Chandra
3) Ullas Narayan
4) Mithun Desai
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ullas Narayan
On 2nd December 2018, Ullas Narayan became the first Indian individual medal winner in an international ultra running event by winning bronze in the 2018 International Association of Ultra Running (IAU) 24 Hour Asia & Oceania Championships in Taipei, Taiwan. Ullas Narayan secured third position as he completed 250 km. He finished behind Japanese runners Yoshihiko Ishikawa (253 km) and Nobuyuki Takahashi (252 km). Indian team, comprising Ullas Narayan (250 km), Sunil Sharma (202 km) and L L Meena (192 km), also won a bronze medal with their combined distance of 644 km. In the team event, Japan won gold with a distance of 756 km and Australia got silver with 684 km.
- Which Ethiopian athlete won the Full Marathon with the timing of 2 hours 17 minutes 17 seconds in Pune International Marathon, on 2nd December 2018?
1) Atlawim Debebe
2) Teshome Getachew
3) Bekele Asefa
4) Dekebe Tafa
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Atlawim Debebe
On 2nd December 2018, Atlawim Debebe of Ethiopia, won the Full Marathon with the timing of 2 hours 17 minutes 17 seconds in Pune International Marathon. Second and third positions were secured by Ethiopians Teshome Getachew and Bekele Asefa respectively. In women’s Full Marathon Kenya’s Pascalia Chepkogei came first with a timing of 2 hour 50 minutes 27 seconds. Belew Mekonnen and Fekede Tilahun of Ethiopia occupied the second and third positions respectively. Dekebe Tafa and Degefa Gezmu from Ethiopia won the men’s and women’s half marathon respectively.
- Name the authors of the book “Architecture of Justice: A pictorial walk-through of the supreme court and High courts of India” released by Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi in New Delhi, on 30th November 2018?
1) Kunal Kashyap, Vasuki Soni
2) Vinay Thakur, Amogh Thakur
3) Vivek Kumar Singh, Himanshu Singh
4) Aman Mittal, Viddhanth Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Vinay Thakur, Amogh Thakur
On 30th November 2018, the Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi released a book authored by father-son duo Vinay Thakur and Amogh Thakur named “ Architecture of Justice: A pictorial walk-through of the supreme court and High courts of India” in New Delhi. The book is a one of its kind, never before seen photographic rendition of the Supreme Court of India, the 24 High Courts and its 12 benches. The book is a sequel to Vinay Thakur earlier book ‘The Courts of India: Past to Present’ (2016). Supreme court judge Justice Sharad Bobde was also present.
- “Modiraj Main Kisan, Double Aamad Ya Double afat”, a book authored by ____ was launched in New Delhi, on 26th November 2018?
1) Sushil Modi
2) Suresh Mathur
3) Yogendra Yadav
4) Shiv Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Yogendra Yadav
On 26th November 2018, A book named “Modiraj Main Kisan, Double Aamad Ya Double afat” authored by Swaraj India President Yogendra Yadav launched by agricultural economist Ashok Gulati and the Punjab State Farmers’ and Farm Workers’ Commission Chairman Ajay Vir Jakhar in New Delhi. Book detailing how Modi government’s policies have led to a drop in farmers’ income and caused rural distress across the country.
- When was International Day of Persons with Disabilities 2018 or World Disability Day 2018, themed “Empowering persons with disabilities and ensuring inclusiveness and equality”, observed?
1) December 3
2) December 2
3) November 29
4) November 30
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) December 3
December 3 is observed as United Nations International Day of Persons with Disabilities or World Disability Day.The theme for this year is “Empowering persons with disabilities and ensuring inclusiveness and equality”. Since 1992 December 03 is celebrated as United Nations international Day of Persons with Disabilities. This theme focuses on the empowering persons with disabilities for the inclusive, equitable and sustainable development envisaged in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Estimated one billion people living with disabilities worldwide. As part of World Disability Day, the UN launch a UN Flagship Report on Disability and Development 2018 for persons with disabilities.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Economic Affairs Secretary of India is ____?Subhash Chandra Garg
- What is the capital and currency of Romania?Capital – Bucharest; Currency – Romanian Leu
- Where is Puliebadze wildlife sanctuary located?Nagaland
- Who is the President of Athletics Federation of India (AFI)?Adille Sumariwalla
- Name the President and headquarters of World Bank?President – Jim Yong Kim; Headquarters – Washington DC, United States