Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Name the full-fledged NRI-focused mobile banking application introduced by South Indian Bank across major mobile platform.
B.SIB NRI Wallet
D.SIB NRI App
Answer – A.SIB Mirror+
Kerala headquartered South Indian Bank has launched a full-fledged NRI-focused mobile banking application called SIB Mirror+ across major mobile platforms. SIB Mirror+ enables the customers to perform almost all banking transactions from their smart phones.
- The four day World Bhojpuri Conference was began on December 29 has been organized in which Indian city?
Answer – C.Varanasi
The four-day World Bhojpuri Conference began in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh on December 29, 2016 and will continue till January 1, 2017. High Commissioner of Mauritius to India, Jagdishwar Goburdhun informed that participants from over 18 countries are participating in the conference.
- The Haryana Government on December 29 has signed an MoU with which state to assist it in making a Centralized Citizens Database for effective implementation of welfare programmes?
Answer – D.Andhra Pradesh
The state Government of Haryana signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Andhra Pradesh on December 29 to assist the state in compiling a centralised databaseof its population to ensure efficient and effective implementation of welfare programmes.
- Name the former professional World No 1 tennis player who announced her retirement on December 28.
Answer – B.Ana Ivanovic
Former Serbian professional tennis player Ana Ivanovic announced her retirement from Tennis at the age of 29, on December 28. As of 2016, she has career earnings of over $15 million. Ivanovic became the first Serbian woman to win a grand slam tournament when she beat Russian Dinara Safina in the 2008 French Open final. The victory made her World No. 1 Player for a period of Nine Weeks.
- Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on December 29, 2016, inaugurated a 340 MW Chashma-III nuclear power plant in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. The project was a joint collaboration with which country?
Answer – D.China
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif inaugurated the Chinese-Assisted 340 MegaWatt Chashma-III nuclear power plant in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province on December 29, 2016. This nuclear power project is a joint collaboration between the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) and China National Nuclear Corporation. It was executed by the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission under the guidelines of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
- Who has won the junior men’s 50M Rifle Prone event at the 2016 National Shooting Championship in Pune?
D.Syed Araib Pervez
Answer – A.Pruthviraj Ayachi
Gujarat based Pruthviraj Ayachi, won the gold medal in the finals of junior men’s 50M Rifle Prone event at the National Shooting Championship in Pune. A 16-year-old shooter shot 209.5 in the finals, equaling the score of the Olympic champion H Junghaenel of Germany who shot the same score by virtue of which he won the gold medal in the men’s 50m Rifle Prone event at the 2016 Rio Olympics. Ayachi also surpassed the score of Sushil Ghaley, who won the senior men’s 50m Rifle Prone, shot 207.5.
- The virtual reality firm of Facebook, Oculus, has acquired which eye tracking Software Company on December 29?
Answer – B.Eye Tribe
The virtual reality company of Facebook, Oculus has acquired eye-tracking software company The Eye Tribe for an undisclosed amount on December 29, 2016. The Eye Tribe was developed out of research by the founders at IT University Of Copenhagen back in 2009. The Eye Tribe developed foveated rendering technology, that lets VR systems save computational power by only generating perfect graphics where you’re looking.
- Name the initiative launched by the Union Government on December 29, 2016, to strengthen Community Health Centers in Open Defecation-Free blocks.
A.Swachh Swasth Sarvatra
B.Swasth Swachh Sarvatra
C.Swasth Bharat Sarvatra
D.Swachh Swasth Sarwada
Answer – A.Swachh Swasth Sarvatra
The Union Government launched an initiative, Swachh Swasth Sarvatra, on December 29, 2016, to strengthen health centers in open defecation-free blocks. The initiative was launched by the Union Health Ministry in collaboration with the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation and Human Resource Development. Aim: The objective of the initiative is to strengthen community health centres in 708 open defecation free blocks across the country along with behavioural change to enable them achieve higher levels of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador for Thums Up campaign Toofani series?
Answer – C.Ranveer Singh
Coca-Cola India has roped Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh as brand ambassador for its new thematic campaign Thums Up campaign Toofani series. Ranveer replaced Salman Khan who existing relationship with Coca Cola.He has been appointed as the Indian Ambassador For Switzerland Tourism in November 2016
- Bihar Government on December 27 approved an overall reservation of 50% for backward class people of the state in judicial services. What percent of reservation has been granted for the Other Backward Class (OBC) under the new provision?
Answer – D.12 percent
Bihar government led by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, on December 27 approved an overall reservation of 50% in both, subordinate and superior judicial services, in the state after consulting with Bihar Public Service Commission and Patna High Court. As per the new provision, 21% posts will be reserved for Extremely Backward Class (EBC), 12% for Other Backward Class (OBC), 16% for Scheduled Castes (SC) and 1% for Scheduled Tribe (ST).
- Who has been appointed as the Chief Advisor for Counter-Terrorism by Donald Trump?
Answer – C.Thomas Bossert
US’s next president Donald Trump appointed Thomas Bossert to his national security circle and a figure from the Trump Organization to make international deals. Bossert will work as an assistant to the president for homeland security and counterterrorism.He will work closely with Trump’s pick for national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn.
- Who has been appointed as the new Lieutenant Governor of Delhi?
A.Banwari Lal Joshi
D.Pradeep Kumar Singh
Answer – B.Anil Baijal
Former home secretary Anil Baijal was appointed as the new Lieutenant Governor of Delhi by the President Pranab Mukherjee on December 29, replacing Najeeb Jung who resigned on December 23. The new Lieutenant Governor is likely to take oath on December 31.
- The Chinese E-Commerce Firm Alibaba is setting up its first Indian branch in which city?
Answer – B.Mumbai
Chinese major e-commerce entity, Alibaba is to set up its first Indian office at Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC) in Mumbai, to take the advantage of the growing e-commerce market in the city. The company has rented 3,221 sq ft of office space at Platina building owned by the The Wadhwa Group and would pay Rs 275 per sq ft on a monthly basis. The rent of the building is expected to be a little over Rs 1 crore per month.
- The Union Government on December 29, 2016 removed the Minimum Export Price (MEP) on which of the following item?
Answer – B.Potato
The central government removed the minimum export price (MEP) of potato from December 29, 2016. MEP of USD 360 per tonne on potato had imposed to increase domestic availability and cool prices in July 2016. India was the world’s second largest potato producer at 48 million tonnes (mt) in 2014-15. India exported nearly 0.18 mt of potato in the curreny year which is lower than the previous year
- Which Industrial Organization has commissioned a 600 MW coal-based thermal power plant in Telangana on December 29?
D.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
Answer – A.BHEL
India’s second largest coal mining company Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (Bhel) on December 29 informed that it has successfully commissioned second 600 MW coal-based thermal power plant in Telangana.The first unit of the project was commissioned
in March 2016. The project has been developed by Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) and the unit has been commissioned at the 2×600 Mw Singareni Thermal Power Project (TPP) located in Adilabad district in Telangana.The 600 Mw rating sets comprise a 4 cylinder turbine designed in-house.
- Which bank has signed an MoU with the Heritage Foods Ltd (HFL) on December 29 to provide loans to farmers?
A.State Bank of India
B.Union Bank of India
C.Bank of Baroda
D.Bank of Maharashtra
Answer – C.Bank of Baroda
Vadodara based Bank of Baroda signed Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Heritage Foods Ltd (HFL) to provide dairy loans to farmers through the lender’s branches across the country on December 29, 2016. Aim : To increase formers productivity and earnings Heritage Foods is in the business of procurement, processing and sale of milk and milk products.
- How much amount has been approved by the World Bank for the Bihar Rural Roads Project for the construction of rural roads in Bihar under the Mukhiya Mantri Gram Sampark Yojana?
A.USD 232 million
B.USD 237 million
C.USD 239 million
D.USD 235 million
Answer – D.USD 235 million
World Bank has approved a USD 235 million credit for the Bihar Rural Roads Project to upport the construction of about 2,500 km of rural roads in Bihar under the Mukhiya Mantri Gram Sampark Yojana (MMGSY). The fund is allocated from the International Development Association (IDA) with a maturity of 25 years, including a 5-year grace period.
- Which ministry recently released a report which pointed that tribal group in India lags behind other social groups on various social parameters?
A.Ministry of External Affairs
B.Ministry of Consumer Affairs
C.Ministry of Tribal Affairs
D.Ministry of AYUSH
Answer – C.Ministry of Tribal Affairs
According to latest released annual report of the Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs, the tribal population in India lags behind other social groups on various social parameters such as child mortality and infant mortality and women’s health, education, poverty etc.
- Who has been named as the Best Player of the Year at the seventh edition of the 2016 Globe Soccer Awards held in Dubai?
Answer – A.Cristiano Ronaldo
Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo won the Best Player of the Year along with Goodwill Award at the seventh edition of the 2016 Globe Soccer Awards held in Dubai on December 27, 2016. Besides, Club’s president Florentino Pérez was named as the Best President and the coach of the club, Fernando Santos, won the Best Coach of the Year while Real Madrid Club received the Best Club of the Year.
- Which state has launched the first Digital Investigation, Training and Analysis Centre (DIATC) to enable the state police to better handle cyber crime?
Answer – D.Haryana
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurated the Digital Investigation, Training and Analysis Centre (DIATC) on December 28 at a function at Gurugram to boost the state police’s capabilities to solve cyber crime cases. The centre has been set up in collaboration with the National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO) of Government of India.