Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which e-commerce company has recently launched a 100 member Merchant Helpdesk to educate merchants across India about digital payments?
D.PaytmAnswer – D.Paytm
Digital payments platform, Paytm, has launched a 100 member Merchant Helpdesk to educate merchants across India on digital literacy. The E-Commerce Company has also announced that it will invest Rs 50 crore towards educating merchants. The main objective of the initiative is to work closely with the merchants by seeking feedback and helping them understand digital payments.
- The Foundation Stone of Char Dham Highway Development Project was laid by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on December 27 in UttarakhanD.What is the total outlay of the project?
D.Rs. 17,000Answer – B.Rs. 12000
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the Char Dham Mahamarg Vikas Pariyojna in Uttarakhand’s Dehradun on December 27, 2016. The Chardham Mahamarg Vikas Pariyojna, or the Chardham Highway Development Project, is an ambitious initiative to improve connectivity to the Char Dham (Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath) pilgrimage centres in the Himalayas.The total cost of the project is estimated to be Rs. 12000. The entire project is likely to be completed by 2018.
- Which State on December 25 launched India’s first Bio-Diesel Buses?
D.GujaratAnswer – A.Karantaka
The Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) has launched 25 bio-diesel buses on December 25, to reduce pollution level emitted by diesel buses. 25 luxury multi-axle Scania buses were flagged off by the state Transport Minister Ramalinga Reddy at the KSRTC depot.
- Who has been conferred with the Honorary Doctorate by the Maulana Azad National Urdu University on December 26 for promoting Urdu Language and Culture?
B.Shah Rukh Khan
D.Salman KhanAnswer – B.Shah Rukh Khan
Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad, conferred the Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan with the honorary doctorate on December 26, 2016, for his contribution towards promotion of Urdu culture. Shahrukh Khan was awarded the ‘honorius causa’ (doctor of letters) at the 6th Convocation of the University by the Chancellor, Zafar Sareshwala.
- Name the pioneering astronaut, famous for the theory of dark matter, who died on December 25 at the age of 88.
B.John N Bahcall
D.Carl SaganAnswer – C.Vera Rubin
Vera Rubin, a U.S. astronomer who pioneered work on invisible dark matter in the universe died on December 25, 2016 in Princeton, New Jersey at the age of 88. She had been suffering from dementia for several years
- China on December 23 successfully tested its Fifth Generation twin-engine radar-evading stealth fighter. Name the massive fighter jet.
D.FC-31Answer – D.FC-31
China successfully tested the Fifth Generation twin-engine radar-evading stealth fighter, FC-31 Gyrfalcon, on December 23, 2016. FC-31 Gyrfalcon, an upgraded version of the J-31 stealth fighter, made its maiden flight in the northeastern city of Shenyang. The FC-31 Gyrfalcon is said to be worth about $70 million and can easily carry 8 tons of weapons, holding six missiles in its internal weapons bay along with another six under its wings.
- The office of Sagarmala Development Company was recently inaugurated by the Ministry of Shipping in which of the given place?
D.UttarakhandAnswer – B.New Delhi
The Union Minister for Road Transport and Shipping, Nitin Gadkari, inaugurated the Sagarmala Development Company’s office in New Delhi on December 26, 2016 to promote port-led development. The SDC has been incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013. The Cabinet in July had approved the formation of the SDC under the administrative control of the Ministry of Shipping.
- The Bank of Maharashtra has adopted which village to transform it into cashless village?
D.HaripurAnswer – A.Malangaon
Pune based public sector lender Bank of Maharashtra, has adopted the village of Malangaon, in Sangli district, Maharashtra, with the help of District Collector and several government officials to make it a completely cashless village. The bank Business Correspondents did door to door campaigns across the village to enroll the people through Aadhaar linked bank accounts to enable them to make payments digitally instead of cash.
- Name the universe’s biggest super-clusters of galaxies discovered by the Astronomers near the Milky Way.
D.Vela superclusterAnswer – D.Vela supercluster
A research team of astronomers from Australia, South Africa, and Europe has discovered one of the universe’s biggest super clusters of galaxies, Vela super cluster, near the Milky Way. It was undetected for long as it was hidden by stars and dust in the Milky Way. The Vela is massive and is at a distance of 840 million light-years from Earth. It is estimated to carry 100,000 galaxies with trillions of stars.
- Name the cricketer who scored the record breaking score of 359 not out, the highest unbeaten score by an opening batsman, in the First-Class Cricket.
D.Axar PatelAnswer – B.Samit Gohel
Gujarat’s opening batsman Samit Gohel made history on December 27 by scoring 359 runs not out during his team’s Ranji Trophy quarter-final against Odisha being played in Jaipur and thus taking his team’s total to 641. It is the highest unbeaten score by an opening batsman in first-class cricket. The 26-year-old player broke a 117-year-old record by achieving the feat in 723 balls and smashed 45 fours and one six on the way.
- Post demonitization, which state organized the country’s first Digi Dhan Mela as a part of the programme to spread digital literacy and promote cashless economy?
D.UttarakhandAnswer – C.Haryana
In order to promote cashless economy, the state government of Haryana organized the country’s first Digi Dhan Mela in the Gurugram, Haryana on December 26, 2016 post demonitization. The centre has planned to organise as many as 100 such melas throughout the country up to April 14, 2017 for educating the people.
- Who has been named as the Captain of Cricket Australia’s ODI team of the year 2016?
D.AB de VilliersAnswer – A.Virat Kohli
Indian Test cricket captain Virat Kohli has been named as the captain of Cricket Australia’s ODI team of the year. He was preferred over Australian captain Steve Smith. Recently he was also named the captain of ICC’s ODI team of the year. Out of 10 ODI matches played by Virat Kohli in 2016, he scored a score of 45+ in 8 matches and has an average of greater than 90 in successful run chase for India.
- Name the Sri Lankan politician who had served as the Prime Minister twice and died on December 27 at the age of 83.
D.Ratnasiri WickremanayakeAnswer – D.Ratnasiri Wickremanayake
Veteran Sri Lankan politician Ratnasiri Wickremanayake, who served twice as Prime Minister, passed away after a brief illness on December 27, 2016.The 83-year-old leader was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit of a leading private hospital on December 21. He was elected to the legislature in 1960, from Horana for the Lanka Sama Samaja Party. Wickremanayake joined the SLFP in 1962. In 1965, he was re-elected to the legislature for Horana from the SLFP.
- Which state government has recently introduced the ‘Biotechnology Policy-2016‘ to establish itself as a preferred destination for manufacturing of biotechnology products?
D.Madhya PradeshAnswer – C.Gujarat
Gujarat government lead by Vijay Rupani introduced the ‘Biotechnology Policy-2016‘ to establish Gujarat as a preferred destination for manufacturing of biotechnology products. Gujarat Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel announced this policy in the state legisalative assembly on December 26, 2016
- The three-phase campaign Nagar Uday Abhiyan has been launched by which Indian State to focus on welfare of the people and development of urban localities?
D.West BengalAnswer – B.Madhya Pradesh
The three-phase campaign Nagar Uday Abhiyan has been launched in all 378 urban bodies of Madhya Pradesh on December 25, the birthday of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Aim :To assess services being provided to citizens and bring them at standard live
- Who has been named for the 26th Bihari Puraskar 2016 by the K K Birla Foundation?
C.Dr. Bhagwati Lal Vyas
D.Arjun Deo CharanAnswer – A.Satya Narayan
Eminent Rajasthani writer Satya Narayan has been chosen for the 26th Bihari Puraskar, 2016 by the K K Birla Foundation. He will be awarded a cash prize of Rs 2 lakhs, besides a citation and a plaque. Narayan selected for his Hindi book titled ‘Yeh Ek Dunia’ which was published in 2010.The book is a meticulous depiction of various circumstances of life in the contemporary world.
- Indian Army has signed an agreement with institution to set up a research and development (R&D) cell to deal with the problems and possible solutions for the Indian Army.
A.Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
D.Indian Institute of Science BangaloreAnswer – B.IIT Gandhinagar
Indian Army has inked an agreement with IIT Gandhinagar to set up a research and development (R&D) cell at the IIT campus to identify problems and possible solutions for the Indian Army. The agreement will also enable the IIT and Indian Army to collaborate in areas including critical technology requirements of Indian Army, sharing of professional and technical knowledge.
- Who has been appointed as brand ambassador for Tata Motor’s commercial vehicle (CV) business unit on December 27?
D.Kapil SharmaAnswer – C.Akshay Kumar
Bollywood star Akshay Kumar is appointed as brand ambassador for Tata Motor’s commercial vehicle (CV) business unit on December 27, 2016. Akshay will start his role as ambassador for commercial vehicles will be supported by a multi-media campaign which will begin from January 2017.
- Which Board has given its final clearance for the Ken-Betwa inter-linking of rivers (ILR) project to meet the water needs of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh?
A.Intellectual property Appellate Board (IPAB)
B.National Tiger Conservation Authority
C.National Board for Wildlife (NBWL)
D.National Institute of Animal WelfareAnswer – C.National Board for Wildlife (NBWL)
The National Board for Wildlife (NBWL) on December 26 gave its approval for the Ken-Betwa inter-linking of rivers (ILR) project which will benefit Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh in terms of meeting irrigation, drinking water and electricity needs of people across six districts in the two states. The project worth Rs 9,000 crore had got the Union Cabinet clearance in July 2014 but work could not begin since it required clearance from the NBWL who were opposing the project citing its impact on tiger reserve and wildlife sanctuaries.