Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- How much amount has been funded by the Centre through NABARD for the multipurpose Polavaram irrigation project in Andhra Pradesh on December 26, 2016?
A.Rs 1,972 crore
B.Rs 1,782 crore
C.Rs 1,892 crore
D.Rs 1,982 crore
Answer – D.Rs 1,982 crore
The Centre released Rs 1,982 crore for the multipurpose Polavaram irrigation project in Andhra Pradesh on December 26, 2016.The funding is being done through NABARD, which has now started funding irrigation projects. NABARD sanctioned the long term irrigation fund under Prime Minister Krishi Sinchayee Yojana.Finance Minister Arun Jaitley handed over the cheque to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu at a function in New Delhi.
- Which state government on December 25 launched a health insurance scheme ‘Atal-Amrit Abhiyan’ to provide insurance coverage against several critical illnesses?
Answer – C.Assam
The state government of Assam on December 25 launched an ambitious health insurance scheme ‘Atal-Amrit Abhiyan’ which will provide coverage against several critical illnesses. The scheme was launched by Assam’ Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal at a function in Guwahati, to mark the 92nd birthday of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The centre has lowered the registration fees to Rs 100 from Rs 15,000 for Hindus and other minority community people from three neighboring countries to get registered as Indian citizens. Which three countries have been granted the relief?
A.Pakistan, Nepal, and Bangladesh
B.Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh
C.Bhutan, Myanmar, and Bangladesh
D.Pakistan, Bhutan, and Bangladesh
Answer – B.Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh
The registration fees for Hindus and other minority community people from three neighboring countries comprising Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh, to register as Indian citizens have been reduced drastically to Rs 100 from Rs 15,000. The changes have been made after amending various provisions of the Citizenship Rules 2009.
- Name the malaria control programme launched by the State Government of Odisha to control malaria in inaccessible areas.
A.Durgama Anchalare Malaria Nirakaran (DAMAN)
B.National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme (NVBDC)
C.National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP)
D.National Malaria Eradication Programme (NMEP)
Answer – A.Durgama Anchalare Malaria Nirakaran (DAMAN)
The State Government of Odisha has decided to launch a new malaria control programme, Durgama Anchalare Malaria Nirakaran (DAMAN), to control malaria in inaccessible areas, with a total spending of 120 crore rupees for five years. The programme will be implemented in 8000 villages of all 79 blocks of eight high malaria endemic southern districts – Koraput, Malkangiri, Nabarangapur, Kalahandi, Rayagada, Gajapati, Nuapada and Kandhamal with an annual expenditure of 24 crore rupees.
- The State Government of Odisha on December 24 has named Rs. 7,600 crore Mega Lift Irrigation Scheme after which freedom fighter as a mark of respect?
Answer – A.Parbati Giri
The State Cabinet of Odisha on December 24 named the Mega Lift Irrigation Scheme worth Rs. 7,600 crore, after the noted freedom fighter and social reformer Parbati Giri as a mark of respect for her immense contribution to the freedom movement and service to the poor and needy.The scheme was named after Parbati Giri by the Chief Minister of state, Naveen Patnaik at a cabinet meeting.
- Which country has on December 25, 2016, passed an environmental tax law on enterprises and other public institutions to curb pollution level in the country?
Answer – C.China
China on December 25, 2016, passed a new law to levy environment tax on polluters, especially on heavy industries. The environment tax law was adopted by the legislature, the National People’s Congress (NPC) standing committee at a meeting in Beijing. The law will be implemented on January 1, 2018.
- Name the famous English pop-star known for his music duo Wham who died on December 25, 2016, at the age of 53.
Answer – B.George Michael
The famous pop superstar George Michael, died on December 25, 2016, at the age of 53 at his home in Goring, Oxfordshire, Englana.The English singer, songwriter, and record producer began his career with the music duo Wham! with Andrew Ridgeley.
- Which Indian Tennis Player clinched ITF Hong Kong F4 Futures title on 25 December 2016 defeating Shintaro Imai of Japan?
Answer – D.Yuki Bhambri
Indian Tennis Player Yuki Bhambri, clinched $10000 ITF Hong Kong F4 Futures title on 25 December 2016. It was his 11th title on the ITF Pro Circuit. He defeated Shintaro Imai of Japan 6-4, 7-5 who has been placed at second position.
- Who has been appointed as the new director of Vatican Museums by Pope Francis?
C.Dr Barbara Jatta
Answer – C.Dr Barbara Jatta
Dr Barbara Jatta(54) was appointed as the first female director of Vatican Museums by Pope Francis. It will be effective from January 1, 2017. Jatta is currently working as the Deputy Director of the museums Since June 2016. With this appointment she will become the “highest-ranking female administrator in the Vatican
- Which famous personality has been ranked at the top most position in the 2016 Forbes India Celebrity 100 list?
Answer – B.Salman Khan
Based on the 2016 Forbes India Celebrity 100 list released by Forbes, Salman Khan has bagged the top position in the coveted list leaving behind Shah Rukh Khan at second place. Player Virat Kohli was placed third.The ranking was based on two parameters: estimates of entertainment related earnings and estimates of fame. The period under consideration was 1 October 2015 to 30 September 2016. The 50-year-old Salman (with fame rank 2) was ranked as the top celebrity with the highest revenue for the year of Rs 270.33 crore.
- Name the Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) which was successfully test-fired by India on December 26, from Dr Abdul Kalam island off the coast of Odisha.
Answer – A.Agni V
India successfully test-fired its nuclear-capable, Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM), the Agni V, on December 26, from Dr Abdul Kalam island, formerly known as Wheeler Island, off the coast of Odisha.The three-stage, solid propellant surface-to-surface missile was test-fired from a mobile launcher from launch complex-4 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at 11:05 am in Balasore district. This was the fourth and final test of the missile. With the success of the final development test, Agni-V is now ready for the induction into the strategic arsenal (collection of weapons) of India.
- India’s TeamIndus has decided to share its spacecraft with which country to carry its rovers to travel to the moon for the Gogle Lunar XPRIZE?
Answer – B.Japan
Bengaluru-based TeamIndus has announced an agreement to carry Japanese team Hakuto’s robotic rover in the Google Lunar XPRIZE, to the moon aboard TeamInduss spacecraft in late 2017. This is a first-of-its-kind collaboration of two private space enterprises competing in the Google Lunar XPRIZE. The TeamIndus spacecraft, in addition to the Japanese rover, will also be carrying its own indigenously designed and developed robotic rover, ECA (Ek Chhoti si Asha).
- Which of the following dance has been listed in the Guinness World Records for being performed in unison by 6,117 dancers belonging to different countries?
Answer – A.Kuchipudi
The state dance of Andhra Pradesh, ‘Kuchipudi’ has found a place in the Guinness World Records once again when a record 6,117 dancers came together to present a show at the IGMC Stadium in Vijaywada on December 25, 2016. Guinness judge Rishinath declared “Jayamu Jayamu” presented in unison by the participants created a new record and handed over a certificate to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
- Which Regional Rural Bank has launched a scheme Bank Sakhi for appointing women business correspondents to ensure greater participation in financial inclusion in the state?
A.Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank
B.Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank
C.Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
D.Allahabad UP Gramin Bank
Answer – B.Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank
To ensure greater participation in financial inclusion in rural areas, the Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank (KVGB) has come out with an innovative method of employing women in villages to promote and popularize cashless transaction. The bank launched a scheme named ‘Bank Sakhi’ at a programme held at Adavi Somapura village in Gadag district of Karanataka.Under the initiative, the bank would appoint women business correspondents called “Bank Sakhi” in select villages where this scheme would be implemented.
- Which country’s plane Tu-154, on December 25, crashed on its way to Syria in the Black Sea with 92 people onboard?
Answer – C.Russia
A Russian plane on its way to Syria with 92 people onboard, including members of the world-famous Russian army choir, crashed into the Black Sea on December 25, minutes after taking off. There appeared to be no survivors. The Tu-154 plane crashed shortly after taking off from the southern city of Adler, south of the Black Sea resort city of Sochi. The plane was conducting a routine flight to Russia’s Hmeimim airbase outside the coastal Syrian city of Latakia.
- Which Rajya Sabha member resigned from the Upper House on December 26 citing health reasons?
Answer – A.Mithun Chakraborty
West Bengal hailed Mithun Chakraborty has resigned from Rajya Sabha due to his health problems.He has submitted his resignation to Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari on December 26, 2016. He was elected to the West Bengal Rajya Sabha Assembly by Trinamool Congress(TMC) in 2014.
- Which among the following sports has been derecognized as a sport by the center due to its wide dimensions, making it difficult to conduct competitions?
Answer – C.Yoga
Explanation: 15 months after Yoga was declared as a sport in India in September 2015 with the approval from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), the decision has been reversed and has been once again derecognized as a sport.The sports ministry communicated to all the National Sports Federations and the Sports Authority of India (SAI) that “Yoga can’t be termed as a sport.”