Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current AffairsDecember 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Allahabad Bank merged its wholly owned subsidiary for merchant banking with itself on December 23. Name that subsidiary.
B.AldCapital Finance Ltd.
C.AllBank Finance Ltd.
D.AllCapital Ltd.Answer – C.AllBank Finance
Explanation: Public sector Allahabad Bank has merged its wholly owned subsidiary AllBank Finance (ABFL) with itself on December 23, 2016. The merger was finalized at the Board of Directors meeting who gave the in-principle approval for merger of loss making AllBank Finance with the bank. AllBank Finance is the merchant banking arm of Allahabad Bank and also holds license for debenture trusteeship.
- Who is the winner of the Asian Luge Championship 2016?
D.Justin SnithAnswer – A.Shiva Keshavan
Explanation: Shiva Keshavan, the only professional luger from India, won his third gold in Asian Luge Championship at Nagano, Japan, on December 23, 2016. The 35-year-old Shiva Keshavan finished the Asian Luge Championship race with a time of 99.962 seconds and top speed of 130.4 km/h to clinch the title.
- Which country won the 2016 Asia Cup under-19 title?
D.Sri LankaAnswer – C.India
India beat hosts Sri Lanka by 34 runs in the finals and cinched the Under-19s Asia Cup title on December 23, 2016 at the R Premadasa Stadium, SrilankA.India under-19s team, coached by Rahul Dravid, opted to bat first after winning the toss and posted 273/8 in their 50 overs to which Sri Lanka could score 239 all out in 48.4 overs.
- Name the famous British born astronaut and climate scientist who died in Texas on December 23.
D.Piers SellersAnswer – D.Piers Sellers
Explanation: British-born astronaut Piers Sellers died of pancreatic cancer in Houston, Texas at the age of 61 on December 23, 2016. Sellers, a climate scientist and former astronaut flew on three space shuttle missions between 2002 and 2010 and gained fame late in life for his eloquent commentary about the earth’s fragility.
- Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of ‘Shiv Smarak’, the grand memorial of Maratha warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in the Arabian Sea off Mumbai coast on 24 December 2016. What is the total outlay of the project?
A.Rs. 4500 crore
B.Rs. 2700 crore
C.Rs. 3600 crore
D.Rs. 4250 croreAnswer – C.Rs. 3600 crore
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on a-day-long visit to Maharashtra on December 24, 2016, where he laid the foundation stone of ‘Shiv Smarak’, the grand memorial of Maratha warrior king ChhatrapatiShivaji Maharaj in the Arabian Sea off Mumbai coast.The total outlay of the project is Rs. 3,600 Crore.The project is expected to be completed by 2019.
- Who is the head of The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council?
D.Rajnath SinghAnswer – B.Arun Jaitley
Explanation: The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council is headed by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. The council approved the primary drafts of Central GST and State GST laws on December 23 at the 7th meeting of GST Council in New Delhi. The primary drafts of CGST and SGST laws have been approveD.The legally vetted copy of the drafts will be circulated to all the states.
- President Pranab Mukherjee gave fifth assent to amend Enemy Property Ordinance. The ordinance aims to amend which act?
A.Enemy Property Act 1952
B.Enemy Property Act 1955
C.Enemy Property Act 1960
D.Enemy Property Act 1968Answer – D.Enemy Property Act 1968
Explanation: President Pranab Mukherjee on December 22 approved re-promulgation of The Enemy Property (Amendment) Fifth Ordinance for the fifth time in a year. The ordinance was re-promulgated to amend the 50-year-old Enemy Property Act 1968, which guards against succession claims or transfer of properties left by people who migrated to Pakistan and China after 1965 and 1968 wars.
- Which institution has launched National ‘Performance on Health Outcomes index’ along with Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to encourage states to take transformative action in the Health sector?
D.BHUAnswer – C.NITI Aayog
Explanation: Performance on Health Outcomes index has been launched by the government think-tank NITI Aayog along with Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on December 23, 2016 to encourage states to take transformative action in the Health sector. The index will rank the states on the basis of their performance on measurable health indicators.
- Which state government has removed restriction on night shift for women in all sectors to provide gender equality?
D.Andhra PradeshAnswer – A.Karnataka
The state government of Karnataka has removed restrictions on allowing women to work in night shifts in all sectors in a move to provide equal opportunities for women in all sectors. Currently, women are allowed to be employed in night shifts only in IT and ITES sectors.
- The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has passed a resolution demanding Israel to stop building settlements on occupied ______ territory.
D.EgyptAnswer – A.Palestine
The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) on December 23, 2016, passed a resolution demanding Israel to stop building settlements on occupied Palestinian territory. It is the first resolution adopted by the Security Council on Israel and the Palestinians in nearly eight years.
- US President Barack Obama has signed $ ____ billion defence policy bill for 2017 in Honolulu, Hawaii, to enhance security cooperation with India.
A.$ 515 billion
B.$ 629 billion
C.$ 710 billion
D.$ 618 billionAnswer – D.$ 618 billion
Explanation: US President Barack Obama has signed a $618 billion defence policy bill for 2017 on December 23, 2016, in Honolulu, Hawaii, to enhance security cooperation with IndiA.The National Defence Authorization Act (NDAA), which was passed by both the House and the Senate with veto-proof majorities earlier in December.
- RBI opened its ___ banking ombudsman office in Dehradun, Uttarakhand on December 23, 2016.
D.21Answer – C.17
Explanation: India’s central banking institution, Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has opened its 17th banking ombudsman office in Dehradun, Uttarakhand on December 23, 2016.It is the third such office in North India after Kanpur and Chandigarh. RBI also announced that ombudsman office opens in Ranchi, Jharkhand on the same day.
- Which of the following bank has adopted Shirki in Maharashtra to make the entire village turn cashless within 30 days?
C.Union Bank of India
D.State Bank of IndiaAnswer – D.State Bank of India
India’s public sector banking and financial services company State Bank of India(SBI) has adopted a village Shirki in Maharashtra to make the entire village will turn cashless within 30 days. SBI will promote Aadhaar number-based merchant payments in the light of demonetisation, the government’s pet scheme to weed out the evil of black money.
- Which country has dragged India to the World Trade Organisation (WTO) against measures taken on imports of iron and steel products?
D.RussiaAnswer – B.Japan
Explanation: Japan has dragged India to the World Trade Organisation (WTO) against certain measures taken by New Delhi on imports of iron and steel products. India has imposed minimum import price (MIP) on imports of certain iron and steel products. The country has also imposed anti-dumping duties on certain steel products to guard domestic players from cheap imports.
- India recently has agreed to provide additional 240 MW electricity to which country?
D.PakistanAnswer – B.Nepal
India has agreed to give Nepal additional 240 MW of electricity. An agreement has been signed between Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) and state-owned NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam (NVVN). The import of power – 80 MW immediately from January and 160 MW from February, will be made through Dhalkebar- Mujjafpur Cross Border Transmission line
- DRDO successfully test fired smart anti-airfield weapon SAAW from Chandipur in OdishA.What does SAAW stands for?
A.Superior Anti Airfield Weapon
B.Synchronous Anti Airfield Weapon
C.Systematic Anti Airfield Weapon
D.Smart Anti-Airfield WeaponAnswer – D.Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon
The Defence and Research Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully tested an indigenous Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW) from an Indian Air Force aircraft on December 24, 2016. Weight: 120 kg, Range: 100km & Project Outlay: Rs.56.58 Cr
- The ‘Aadhaar Payment App‘ of government of India has been developed by which bank along with UIDAI and NPCI?
D.Axis BankAnswer – B.IDFC Bank
Explanation: The ‘Aadhaar Payment App‘ is all set to launch on December 25, 2016 to eliminate the fee payments for service providers like card companies such as Mastercard, Visa etC.The app was developed by IDFC Bank along with UIDAI and National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI). With this app, people can make payments without any phone.
- Who has been nominated as the Player of the Year 2016 by All India Football Federation (AIFF)?
D.Denson DevdasAnswer – B.Jeje Lalpekhlua
Mohun Bagan and Chennaiyin FC striker Jeje Lalpekhlua was nominated as the ‘2016 All India Football Federation (AIFF) Player of the Year on December 21. The 25-year-old Indian professional footballer from Mizoram will be presented a prize of Rs. 2.5 lakh along with the glittering trophy.
- National title in 6-red Snooker championship 2016 is won by which player?
D.Anuja ThakurAnswer – A.Pankaj Advani
Sixteen-time world champion, Pankaj Advani bagged the National title in 6-red Snooker, the shorter format of the game. Advani is the only player in the world to win all titles — National, Continental and World — in 6-red Snooker.
- What was the theme of the National Consumer Day 2016 which was observed on December 24?
A.Discharge your Responsibilities: Assert your Rights
B.Combating food adulteration
C.Safe and Healthy food
D.Alternate Consumer Disputes RedressalAnswer – D.Alternate Consumer Disputes Redressal
The National Consumer Day is observed every year on December 24. On this day, the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 had received the assent of the President. Aim: To promote the basic rights of all consumers. The Department of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Consumer Affairs Food and Public Distribution is celebrating the National Consumer Day this year with the theme “Alternate Consumer Disputes Redressal”at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi.
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Luggage maker American Tourister?
D.MS DhoniAnswer – C.Virat Kohli
Indian international cricketer Virat Kohli was appointed as first Indian brand ambassador of Luggage maker American Tourister owned by Samsonite. American Tourister has signed the ace cricketer to feature in a new integrated marketing communications campaign from March 2017, which will be publicised in India, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
- Defence Project worth over Rs. __________ has been approved by the Defence Ministry on December 23.
A.Rs 7100 crore
B.Rs 7000 crore
C.Rs 6200 crore
D.Rs 5500 croreAnswer – B.Rs 7000 crore
The Defence Ministry led by Manohar Parrikar approved four defence proposals worth over Rs 7,000 crore in a meeting on December 23, 2016. The Defence Acquisition Council approved purchasing six multi-mission maritime aircraft for the Indian Coast Guard to keep an eye on the 7,500 km-long coastline worth Rs 5,500 crore.