Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current AffairsDecember 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which country has announced the launch of first ever drone delivery program, to use drones for delivering parcels on a nine-mile route once a week?
Answer – C.France
France’s airspace regulator, General Directorate for Civil Aviation, has approved the plan to launch drone delivery program, making France the world’s first national postal service to use drones regularly. The French postal service announced that France is setting up a drone delivery program to deliver parcels on a nine-mile route once a week.
- Name the winner of the Bihari Puraskar Award 2015
B.Arjun Deo Charan
C.Chandra Prakash Deval
D.Bhagwati Lal Vyas
Answer – D.Bhagwati Lal Vyas
Noted writer and poet Bhagwati Lal Vyas was awarded the 25th Bihari Puraskar-2015 by the KK Birla Foundation on December 22, 2016. The award was given to Vyas by the President of Sahitya Academy, Prof Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari, for his poetry collection Katha Soon Aave Hai Sabad.It carries a citation, a plaque and prize money of Rs. 1 lakh.
- Which of the following Pakistani Sikh recently secured a place in Pakistan’s National Cricket Academy, becoming the first Pakistani Sikh to join the list?
B.Mahinder Pal Singh
C.Ramesh Singh Arora
D.Rupinder Singh Magon
Answer – B.Mahinder Pal Singh
For the first time, a Pakistani Sikh, Mahinder Pal Singh, has secured a place at Pakistan’s National Cricket Academy. Mahinder Pal Singh, who hails from Nankana Sahib in Lahore, is among the list of top 30 emerging cricketers in the country. Pakistan’s cricketing history has only seen 7 non-Muslim cricketers representing the country. Mahinder joins the list as the eighth non-muslim and first Pakistani Sikh to represent Pakistan.
- Which state government has passed a resolution to include 17 sub-castes of Other Backward Castes (OBCs) into the Scheduled Castes (SC) category?
Answer – A.Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: In an attempt to seek the favour of the backward castes ahead of Assembly polls in 2017, the Uttar Pradesh state cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav passed a resolution to include 17 sub-castes of Other Backward Castes (OBCs) into the Scheduled Castes (SC) category. These sub-castes include Kahaar, Kashyap, Kewat, Nishad, Bind, Bhar, Prajapati, Rajbhar, Batham, Gaur, Tura, Majhi, Mallah, Kumhar, Dheemar
- Biju Sishu Surakshya Yojana, a scheme for the care and protection of HIV positive orphan children has been launched by which state?
Answer – C.Odisha
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on December 22, launched “Biju Sishu Surakshya Yojana” for care and protection of HIV positive orphan children in the state. Under the scheme, the children would get financial support from the state government for their studies till higher secondary. The state will bear the cost of marriage in case the beneficiary is a girl.
- India defeated which country to win the bronze medal at the 4th Women’s U18 Asia Cup 2016 hockey tournament?
Answer – D.South Korea
India surpassed South Korea 3-0 to finish with the bronze medal at the 4th Women’s U18 Asia Cup 2016 hockey tournament in Bangkok on December 22, 2016. The two teams played out a goalless first half, however, India finally managed to break the tie via defender Ritu, who put India ahead in the bronze medal clash by converting a penalty corner in the 45th minute while Sangita Kumari scored a couple of field goals later on.
- ‘Mamata Scheme’ which aims to provide monetary support to the pregnant and lactating women was launched by which state government?
Answer – D.Odisha
Mamata Yojana is a scheme which aims to provide monetary support to the pregnant and lactating women tom enable them to seek improved nutrition and promote health seeking behavior. It was launched by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in October 2011. Under the Mamata Scheme, the government provides Rs. 5,000 to pregnant and lactating women in rural areas. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, on December 22, addressed a meeting at the Jayadev Bhawan to mark five years of completion of the Mamata Yojana.The state government added 25 lakh new beneficiaries under the Mamata Yojana and electronically transferred Rs 1,100 crore to the bank accounts of these beneficiaries.
- Which among the following border police force have launched a drive to procure local yaks and ponies to sustain troops at the border?
A.Indo-Tibetan Border Police
B.Border Security Force
C.Special Frontier Force
D.Sashastra Seema Bal
Answer – A.Indo-Tibetan Border Police
To strengthen India’s positions along the Indo-China frontier, the Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has launched a drive to procure local varieties of tough mules and yak to carry supplies for the troops at snow-hit posts. The border guarding force, which secures 3,488 km of this icy frontier from the Karakoram Pass in Ladakh to Jachep La in Arunachal Pradesh, has launched an aggressive drive to purchase sturdy livestock like horses, mules, ponies, yak and dogs from the locals living in these areas.
- Who laid the foundation stone of a 150-bed capacity Pt Mohan Malviya Cancer Centre in Varanasi on December 22?
Answer – A.Narendra Modi
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid foundation stone for Pt Mohan Malviya Cancer Centre and a 150-bed ESIC super speciality hospital in his Lok Sabha constituency, Varanasi on December 22, 2016. He visits Kabir Nagar area to inspect laying of underground cables, installation of heritage streetlights and lighting of heritage buildings. He also Inaugurated new Trade Facilitation Centre and Crafts Museum
- The Global Wage Report 2016 showed that India was one among the countries with world’s worst gender gaps in wages. The report is released by which organization?
A.International Monetary Fund
B.United Nations Industrial Development Organization
C.International Development Association
D.International Labour Organisation
Answer – D.International Labour Organisation
According to the Global Wage Report 2016-17 released by the International Labour Organisation (ILO), India is among one of the World’s worst gender gaps in wages.The report showed that men earned more than women in similar jobs, with the gap exceeding 30 percent. Women are paid 33% less than men in hourly wages in India.The report showed that, in India, women represented 63 percent of the lowest paid wage labor while only 15 percent of the highest wage-earners were female.
- The world’s first solar panel road has been inaugurated in which country?
Answer – D.France
The world’s first solar panel road was inaugurated in a small town of Normandy village of France on December 22, 2016 by the French Environment Minister, Segolene Royal. The 1-km (0.6 mile) project was funded by the French Ministry of the Environment to test whether solar panels can be implemented effectively at a large scale.
- Indian dairy cooperative company Amul, has decided to set up a Centralised Milk Processing Plant in West Bengal by the end of 2018. What is the total outlay of the project?
A.Rs. 400 crore
B.Rs. 355 crore
C.Rs. 145 crore
D.Rs. 200 crore
Answer – D.Rs. 200 crore
Gujarat based Indian dairy cooperative comapnay, Amul to set up its ‘Centralised Milk Processing Plant’ at Sankrail Food Park in Howrah, West Bengal
Outlay: Rs.200 Crore. The plant work will be started in 2017 and is expected to be completed by 2018-end.The proposed plant will manufacture UHT milk, yoghurt and ghee besides normal milk.
- ICICI Bank has launched a payments collection app for merchants and retailers which will allow customers to pay any mode of payment. Name the App.
Answer – – B.EazyPay
ICICI Bank has launched a mobile application, eazypay, for merchants, which includes all modes of payments, including digital wallets, Unified Payments Interface (UPI), QR code, and credit & debit cards. The app is first of its kind that introduces an all-in-one acceptance platform for merchants. Eazypay is a one-stop solution for all merchants to collect payments from their customers.
- Name the eminent poet who has been felicitated with the 52nd Jnanpith Award for 2016?
Answer – C.Shankha Ghosh
The Jnanpith Selection Board named the eminent modern Bengali poet Shankha Ghosh for the 52nd Jnanpith Award for 2016 on December 23, 2016.His nomination was decided at a meeting of the Jnanpith selection board chaired by writer and scholar Namwar Singh. Shankha Ghosh is a Bengali Indian poet and critic.He is regarded a leading authority on Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore in addition to being one of the most prolific poet, critic and academician.
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of APIS India, a leading producer, distributor and exporter of honey?
B.P V Sindhu
Answer – B.P V Sindhu
Indian professional badminton player PV Sindhu is roped as brand ambassador of leading producer, distributor and exporter of honey APIS India on December 23, 2016. Apis India Limited produces and distributes honey, honey related products, and bakery products in India.
- Recently the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi gave a surprise resignation ahead of his one-and-a-half year’s tenure ending in 2018. Who was the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi?
D.Banwari Lal Joshi
Answer – A.Najeeb Jung
The Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, Najeeb Jung, gave a surprise resignation on December 22, 2016, one-and-a-half years before his tenure ends in 2018. Lt Governor Shri Najeeb Jung has submitted his resignation to the Government of India.He thanked the Hon’ble Prime Minister, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Delhi and all the people of Delhi for all their support, affection and cooperation he received during his tenure as the Lt. Governor of Delhi.
- Which of the following district’s cop created a world record of organizing the world’s biggest self-defence class for women?
Answer – C.Warangal, Telangana
Warangal cops set world record in biggest self-defence class. The event at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium lasted 52 minutes. Hyderabad: Warangal police in Telangana have set a new world record by conducting the largest self-defence
class at a single venue where 21,276 college girls and working women took part.
- Which company has entered an agreement to acquire 100 % equity shares of the Brahmani River Pellets Limited (BRPL), Manufacturer of World Class Iron Ore Pellets?
Answer – D.Tata Steel
Tata Steel has announced an agreement on December 23, 2016 to acquire 100 % equity shares of the Brahmani River Pellets Limited (BRPL) from Aryan Mining and Trading Corporation Private Limited (AMTC) and other companies associated with the Moorgate Industries Group (MIG). Tata steel also announced that the funding for acquiring the complete equity shares in BRPL will be done from Tata Steel’s internal cash flows.
- Which among the given fluid has been discovered by the researchers that aids in strengthening weak bones?
Answer – B.Amniotic fluid
UK-based researchers have found that stem cells harvested from pregnant woman’s amniotic fluid can be used to strengthen weak bones. Researchers collected stem cells from human amniotic fluid, which is a protective fluid that surrounds the baby in the uterus and helps it to develop inside the mother’s womb, and used them to treat mice with brittle bone disease.
- Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines, Shri Piyush Goyal launched a web portal on December 21, in New Delhi for allowing flexibility in utilization of domestic Coal. Name the portal.
Answer – C.Coal Mitra
Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines, Shri Piyush Goyal launched a web portal Coal Mitra on December 21, in New Delhi for allowing flexibility in utilization of domestic Coal. The Coal Mitra Web Portal aims at optimum utilisation of coal by private as well as public power companies.
- Which of the following rocket was successfully launched by Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) on December 20, 2016 from the Uchinoura Space Centre in southern Japan?
Answer – D.Epsilon-2
Japan’s space agency, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) successfully launched a solid fuel rocket named Epsilon-2 on December 20, 2016 from the Uchinoura Space Centre in southern Japan. The 26-meter-long rocket released Exploration of energization and Radiation in Geospace (ERG) satellite for studying radiation belts around the earth soon after the lift-off.
- Which country has topped the list to be named as the FIFA’s Team of the Year 2016?
Answer – C.Argentina
Argentina topped in the FIFA’s Team of the 2016 Year title with 1634 points. Argentina won 10 wins out of 15 games this season has earned them 179 points this year, to end 2016 with 1634 points. India jumped two places to finish 2016 at 135.This is India’s six-year highest annual ranking after 2009 when India finished at 134.
- When is the Kisan Diwas Day observed?
Answer – C.December 23
Kisan Diwas is observed every year on 23 December across India Since 2001 to celebrate the birth anniversary of the fifth prime minister and kisan leader,Ch. Charan Singh. Kisan Diwan is also known as Farmers Day or Charan Singh Jayanti 2016.