Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The Union Government is soon to launch a toll-free number to address the issue of call-drop. For this purpose which of the following code has been allotted?
Answer – B.1955
The Union government has decided to launch a toll-free number ‘1955’ in order to take a feedback from the telecom subscribers on call drop issue. The code has been allotted for Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) on call drops. According to the Department Of Telecom (DoT), the provisioning of the new number would be mandatory for all telecom operators along with making the number accessible for local and STD calling.
- Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, on December 19, 2016, released the first issue of a National Newspaper dedicated to Senior Citizen. Name the newspaper.
Answer – D.Saanjhi Saanjh
Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment released the first issue of a National Newspaper ‘Saanjhi Saanjh’, dedicated to Senior Citizen, in the National Capital on December 19, 2016. The Newspaper is edited by Ms. J.V Manisha Bajaj, Secretary, Harikrit, an NGO for elderly people. This bilingual newspaper has got 8 pages which will be published from Delhi by Harikrit publishers.
- Which Indian Company has emerged as the first National Supporter to sponsor the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 to be held from 6 to 28 October 2017?
A.Bank of Baroda
Answer – A.Bank of Baroda
Bank of Baroda has become the first Indian company to sign up as a National Supporter for the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017, which will be held from 6 to 28 October 2017. With the signing of the agreement, Bank of Baroda has claimed the first out of six National Supporter slots for the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017. The tournament FIFA will be signing 5 more national supporters ahead of the tournament.
- The Reserve Bank of India is issuing a new batch of Rs 500 notes in Mahatma Gandhi (New) series with which inset letter?
Answer – A.R
The Reserve Bank of India on December 19, 2016, announced that it is issuing a new batch of Rs 500 notes in Mahatma Gandhi (New) series with the inset letter R in both the number panels bearing the signature of Dr Urjit R Patel Governor, Reserve Bank of India, with the year of printing ‘2016’. Earlier, the Reserve Bank had also informed to issue Rs 500 notes in Mahatma Gandhi (New) series with the inset letter E having star mark in both the number panels and Swachh Bharat logo printed on the reverse of the banknote.
- Which country’s Government unveiled a Bill of Rights on December 19 to guarantee freedom of speech, protest, fait trials and privacy for the citizens of the nation?
Answer – B.Iran
President of Iran, Hassan Rouhani on December 19, 2016, unveiled a landmark bill of rights, guaranteeing freedom of speech, protest, fair trials and privacy for the citizens of the nation. Rouhani said the authorities should respect limits on their powers, accusing them of ignoring human rights. A new special deputy for citizenship rights will be deployed to work with government departments to draw up reform plans and check their progress with annual reports.
- The United Nations Security Council on December 19, 2016 approved a resolution to deploy UN monitors to carry out “adequate, neutral monitoring and direct observation” on evacuations from which Syrian city?
Answer – B.Aleppo
The United Nations Security Council on December 19, 2016, unanimously approved a resolution to deploy UN observers to the Syrian city of Aleppo. The resolution taken during a session at the council’s headquarters in New York, stated that UN monitors sent to Aleppo would be carrying out “adequate, neutral monitoring and direct observation” on evacuations from eastern Aleppo and the safety of civilians who remain in the Syrian city.
- Who has taken over as the new patron of Wimbledon after stepping down of 90-year-old Queen Elizabeth II?
Answer – A.Kate Middleton
Queen Elizabeth II , queen of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms, is stepping down as patron of Wimbledon. The 90-year-old queen has been patron of the All England Club since 1952, and last made an appearance at the Wimbledon tournament in 2010. She will be succeeded by Prince William’s wife, Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge.
- The fifth edition of the Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCSS) is scheduled to be hosted in which country 2017?
Answer – D.India
Explanation: IT and Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on December 20, 2016, informed that India has been selected to host the fifth edition of the Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCSS) in 2017. The conference is likely to be held in last quarter of 2017. Over 100 countries are expected to participate in it with ministerial level delegations. The first edition of GCCS was hosted by UK in 2011 followed by Budapest in 2012. South Korea hosted the third edition in 2013 and the Netherlands in 2015.
- The Government has given its approval for the formation of the Indian Enterprise Development Service (IEDS) in which of the following ministry?
A.Ministry of Commerce and Industry
B.Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
C.Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
D.Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
Answer – C.Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
The Government on December 21, 2016, approved the cadre review and formation of the Indian Enterprise Development Service (IEDS) in the Office of the Development Commissioner, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. The measure will enhance the capacity and efficiency of the organisation and also help in achieving growth in the MSME sector through a focussed and dedicated cadre of technical officers.
- Hong Kong has recently withdrawn its visa-free facility for which country to be effective from January 23?
Answer – B.India
Hong Kong has decided to withdraw visa-free facility for Indians. Indians can enter with a valid passport for a period up to 14 days without a visA.From January 23, 2017, Indian nationals must apply for and successfully complete pre-arrival registration online before they can visit Hong Kong Special Administrative Region HKSAR visa-free. The pre-arrival registration is valid for six months, during which the applicant can visit Hong Kong multiple times. Indian nationals must furnish an “approval slip” before boarding a plane or ship to the city.
- Which bank has approved a loan worth USD 75 million for the Shanghai Lingang Distributed Solar Power Project of China on December 20?
A.Asian Development Bank
C.New Development Bank
D.Bank of China
Answer – C.New Development Bank
The New Development Bank, jointly found by the BRICS countries approved USD 75 million (525 million yuan) loan for a solar power project in Shanghai, China on December 20, 2016. The power project ‘Shanghai Lingang Distributed Solar Power Project’ is being developed by Shanghai Lingang Hongbo New Energy Development Co. The loan with a maturity period of 17 years was approved under an agreement signed between New Development Bank (NDB), the Ministry of Finance and the Shanghai municipal government.
- The Union Government on December 19, decided to provide additional grace period to farmers whose crop loan dues fall between November 1 and December 31, 2016. How many days have been extended for the repayment of the loan?
Answer – D.60 Days
Explanation: The Union Government on December 19, 2016, decided to provide additional grace period
of 60 days to farmers, whose crop loan dues fall between November 1 and December 31, 2016. This decision was taken in view of constraints faced by the farming community in repayment of loans due to demonetization of high value notes. If such farmers repay the loan within 60 days with effect from the date on which the repayment was due, they will be eligible for prompt repayment incentives.
- How many MoUs were signed between India and Kyrgyzstan, during the four days visit of Kyrgyzstan’s President Almazbek Atambayev to India?
Answer – B.6
President of Kyrgyzstan, Almazbek Sharshenovich Atambayev, was on a four-day official visit to India from December 18-21, 2016. After delegation level talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting President of Kyrgyzstan Almazbek Sharshenovich Atambayev in New Delhi on December 20, 2016, India and Kyrgyzstan signed 6 Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) in areas including tourism, agriculture and food industry and Youth Affairs, Broadcasting.
- Name the long range surface-to-surface subsonic cruise missile that was test-fired by India from Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha on December 21.
Answer – A.Nirbhay
India test-fired its long range subsonic cruise missile, Nirbhay, from the launch complex 3 of Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha coast at 11: 56 hours on December 21, 2016.The state-of-the-art surface-to-surface missile is developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation.
- Researchers from the University of Texas recently developed the first ever safe and effective vaccine for Chikungunya fever made from an insect-specific virus. What is the name of the virus?
Answer – D.Eilat Virus
Explanation: A team of researchers from The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston have developed a safe and effective vaccine for Chikungunya fever made from an insect-specific virus. The research team at The University of Texas Medical Branch used the Eilat virus as a vaccine platform. The Eilat virus only infects insects and has no effect on people. An Eilat virus clone was used to design a hybrid virus-based vaccinecontaining Chikungunya structural proteins.
- Russia’s ambassador to Turkey was recently shot dead at an art gallery exhibition in Ankara by Turkey’s off-duty police officer. Name that Russian diplomat.
Answer – A.Andrei Karlov
Explanation: Russia’s ambassador to Turkey, Andrei Gennadyevich Karlov, was shot dead in front of a crowd at a posh art gallery exhibition in Ankara, Turkey on December 19, 2016. He was 62. Police later killed the assailant on December 20. The assailant, Mevlut Mert Altintas, was a 22-year-old off-duty police officer who worked in Turkey’s capital.
- Which Ministry is responsible to deal with the matter of Haj Management?
A.Ministry of Civil Aviation
B.Ministry of Minority Affairs
C.Ministry of External Affairs
D.Ministry of Tourism
Answer – B.Ministry of Minority Affairs
Explanation: Haj matters have been transferred from the Ministry of External Affairs to the Ministry of Minority Affairs, with effect from October 1, 2016. Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on December 20, 2016, launched the tri-lingual website www.haj.gov.in relating to Haj matters. The website is in Hindi, Urdu and English languages and is a one stop facility to provide all necessary information relating to Haj management in one place.
- The Union Government has announced project worth Rs 207 crore for protection and development of world’s biggest river island Majuli. The island is built along which river?
Answer – C.Brahmaputra
Centre has announced Rs 207 crore project for protection and development of world’s biggest river island Majuli, located along river Brahmaputra in Assam. The amount earmarked by the Ministry of DoNER will be spent primarily for safeguarding the land loss due to erosion and to protect the 80 km length of the bank line on the right bank of river Brahmaputra along world famous Majuli island.
- Union government recently planned to launch a second center of excellence for sericulture in Bengaluru to boost the silk industry. Where was the first such excellence center established?
Answer – C.Ranchi
Explanation: Union government plans to launch its second centre of excellence for sericulture in Bengaluru. The first such centre was set up in Ranchi, JharkhanD.The Central Silk Board has set up the centre to boost the silk industry.
- Who won the Kids Golf World Championship 2016?
Answer – D.Arjun Bhati
Arjun Bhati bagged the first position in the Kids Golf World Championship after defeating South Africas Methu Denish during the three-level final match in MalaysiA.Out of the 21 counties that participated in the tournament, Arjun secured the first position scoring 2 extra shots.