Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which state launched India’s first cashless bazaar in the state on December 19?
Answer – B.Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh launched India’s first cashless bazaar in Raipur on December 19, 2016. This ‘Smart’ bazaar consist of nearly Over 900 shops which are providing the facilities of cashless payments using POS, UPI and other digital systems to its customers. Chhattisgarh is currently leading in the nation in training its people in digital transactions.
- The 12-foot-tall stone statue of a renowned Tamil poet was inaugurated at Mela Bhawan premises in Haridwar, Uttarakhand by Chief minister Harish Rawat on December 19, 2016. Name the poet.
D.Thiru Narayana Iyengar
Answer – B.Thiruvalluvar
The 12-foot-tall stone statue of renowned Tamil poet and philosopher-saint Thiruvalluvar was inaugurated at Mela Bhawan premises in Haridwar, Uttarakhand by Chief minister Harish Rawat on December 19, 2016. Former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP from Uttarakhand Tarun Vijay had initiated the process of introducing Thiruvalluvar in Uttarakhand which was initially decided to be installated on the banks of the Ganga in Haridwar in June 2016.
- Which High Court on December 19, 2016, declared a ban on all unauthorised ‘Sharia’ courts functioning in the state?
A.Mumbai High Court
B.Kolkata High Court
C.Madras High Court
D.Delhi High Court
Answer – C.Madras High Court
Explanation: The Madras High Court on December 19, 2016 declared a ban on all unauthorised ‘Sharia’ courts functioning on premises of mosques in Tamil Nadu, to safeguard the interests of a large number of innocent Muslims whose fate was being decided by such illegal Sharia courts and councils in the state.A two bench of Chief Justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Justice M Sundar ordered the ban of all such unauthorised courts in the state and asked for a status report from the police within four weeks.
- Where was the 9th edition of the World Confluence of Humanity, Power and Spirituality organized?
Answer – B.New Delhi
The ninth edition of World Confluence of Humanity, Power and Spirituality, organised by ASSOCHAM in association with Srei Foundation and Times Foundation was held in New Delhi from December 16- December 17, 2016.The theme of the convention was “Sach Bharat: Spirituality at Work” The Confluence was inaugurated in the presence of Hon’ble President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee, ASSOCHAM President Mr. Sunil Kanoria, Srei Foundation Chairman Dr. Hari Prasad Kanoria and Chairman, Times Foundation, Smt. Indu Jain,.
- What is India’s rank in the Global Wind Power Installed Capacity index?
Answer – B.Fourth
India has been ranked 4th in the Global Wind Power Installed Capacity index after China, USA and Germany with cumulative installed wind power generation capacity of 28,279 MW in 2016. The Government is aiming to increase share of clean energy through massive development and deployment of new and renewable energy in India to meet Energy security, Electricity shortages, Energy access and Climate change among others.
- How many countries have signed an Open Skies Agreement with India at the International Civil Aviation Negotiations (ICAN), 2016 which was held in Nassau, Bahamas?
Answer – D.6
India has signed an Open Skies Agreement with six countries at the International Civil Aviation Negotiations (ICAN), 2016 which were held in Nassau, Bahamas from December 5-9, 2016. Open Skies Agreement was signed with Jamaica, Guyana, Czech Republic, Finland, Spain and Sri Lanka to allows unlimited number of flights to six metro airports namely Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Chennai.
- Name the Ukraine’s largest private bank, which was recently nationalized by the Government after being declared insolvent by the National Bank of Ukraine.
Answer – A.PrivatBank,
Explanation: PrivatBank, Ukraine’s largest private bank, was nationalized by the Government of Ukriane on December 18, after being declared insolvent by the National Bank of Ukraine. The Ukrainian government will now acquire the 100 per cent ownership of PrivatBank and will allocate funds to stabilise the bank to guarante uninterrupted functioning of the institution and the safety of its clients’ money. Ukraine’s former finance minister Oleksandr Shlapak will take over as president of the bank.
- Which Country’s Senate on December 19 passed a resolution to withdraw the nation’s highest denomination currency note to curb the flow of black money?
Answer – C.Pakistan
Weeks after demonetization of high currency notes in India, Pakistan’s Senate on December 19, 2016, passed a resolution to withdraw high denomination Rs 5,000 currency notes to curb the flow of black money in the country. The Senator Usman Saif Ullah Khan of the Pakistan Muslim League tabled the resolution that was endorsed by the majority of law makers in the upper house of Parliament.
- The Government has recently revised North East Industrial and Investment Promotion Policy (NEIIP), 2007. As per the new policy which of the following statement is true?
i. Government has decided that the subsidies payable to all industrial units will be disbursed through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mechanism by Chief Controller of Accounts (Industry).
ii. Industrial units commenced production on or after December 1, 2015 and on or before January 31, 2017 will be eligible for incentives as per the revised norms of subsidy.
iii. The subsidy for the existing and new industrial units going for substantial expansion will be limited Rs 3 crore per industrial unit operating in services sector.
A.Only i & iii
B.Only i & ii
C.All i, ii, iii
Answer – A.Only i & iii
The Government has revised North East Industrial and Investment Promotion Policy (NEIIP), 2007 to stipulate mandatory disbursal of subsidies to all industrial units in northeast through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mechanism by Chief Controller of Accounts (Industry). The Industrial units which had commenced production on or after December 1, 2014 and on or before March 31, 2017 will be eligible for incentives as per the revised norms of subsidy. The subsidy for the existing and new industrial units going for substantial expansion will be limited Rs 3 crore per industrial unit operating in services sector and Rs 5 crore per industrial unit operating in manufacturing sector.
- Which Ministry has won the Digital India awards 2016 under the Web Ratna Category?
A.Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
B.Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
C.Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
D.Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
Answer – B.Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare lead by Jagat Prakash Nadda has won gold in the Web Ratna category in the Digital India awards 2016. Jitendra Arora, Director, e-Governance, at the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare received the award from the Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- According to a World Wide Fund (WWF) for Nature report published on December 19, scientists have discovered 163 new species in which Southeast Asian region?
Answer – C.Greater Mekong
According to a World Wide Fund (WWF) for Nature report published on December 19, 2016, scientists have discovered 163 new species in the Greater Mekong. Of the 163 species discovered, 126 were plants, 14 reptile, 11 fish, nine amphibian and 3 mammal species.
- K N Jagannatha Varma who died on December 20 at the age of 77 was associated to which field?
Answer – C.Actor
Veteran Malayalam Film and Television actor K N Jagannatha Varma passed away at Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala on December 20, 2016. He was 77. Varma was well known for his Malayalam films in 1978 with ‘Mattoly‘ and had acted memorable roles in over 500 films.
- When is the International Human Solidarity Day celebrated?
Answer – C.December 20
The United Nations’ (UN) International Human Solidarity Day is celebrated on December 20 ever year since 2006 to celebrate unity in diversity.
Aim: To remind people on the importance of solidarity in working towards eradicating poverty.
- What is the rank of India as per the last ICC Test team rankings update of 2016?
Answer – C.First
India has been ranked as the No.1 team in the ICC Test Championship after posting a 4-0 wins over England in the five-match series, which ended with an innings and 75 runs victory in Chennai on December 20, 2016.
ii. The series win helped India gain five points and totaling to 120 points in the last Test team rankings update of 2016 leaving behind Australia at second spot.
- According to a survey done by World Health Organization (WHO), which of the following nation is getting more prone towards developing a deadly lifestyle disease owing to modern city life and bad habits?
Answer – A.Africa
As per a study conducted by the World Health Organization (WHO) survey of 33 countries, the developing African nation is developing a deadly lifestyle disease owing to modern city life and bad habits. These deadly disease are normally caused due to smoking, harmful use of alcohol, a poor diet which does not include fruit and vegetables, and low levels of physical activity.
- In which of the following areas, Researchers from National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) have found 60,000 square kilometres‘ dead zone’?
A.South China Sea
D.Bay of Bengal
Answer – D.Bay of Bengal
Explanation: A 60,000 square kilometres‘ dead zone’ was founded in the Bay of Bengal by Researchers from the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research’s National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) in Goa.This zone contains little or no oxygen and supports microbial processes that remove vast amounts of nitrogen from the ocean.
- Which country has recently signed a multi-billion dollar deal with Airbus to acquire 100 jetliners?
Answer – B.Iran
Iran has finalized an agreement with Airbus to acquire 100 jetliners. The timing of the first delivery of the Airbus A321 is expected to arrive before the January 20. Under the agreement, Airbus will supply four types of aircraft including both narrow-body and wide-body aircraft: its medium-haul A320 and A321 aircraft and the long-haul A330 and A350.
- As per the Forbes Magazine report, India has become the fifth largest country in terms of the size of the economy after United States, China, Japan and Germany. India has overtaken which country to achieve fifth position?
Answer – A.United Kingdom
According to a report published in Forbes magazine, India has overtaken United Kingdom in terms of the size of the economy, first time in 150 years. With this major shift in world economy, India has now become the fifth largest country in terms of the size of the economy after the United States, China, Japan and Germany. The recent shift took place because of India’s continuous economic growth in the last 25 years as well as Britain’s recent economic issues after the Brexit decision over the last 12 months.
- Which country has recently commissioned its firs 7-tonne helicopter to boost the development of the nation’s helicopter industry?
Answer – B.China
China on December 20, 2016, commissioned its first seven-tonne helicopter, to mark a new development in the China’s helicopter industry, the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC). The new Chinese AC352 civil helicopter is a multi-purpose twin-engine helicopter with a 7.5-tonne maximum take-off weight, and is capable of carrying up to 16
- Which instant messaging service has launched the world’s first chat operating system which allows developers to build customised apps, bots and integrations on the messenger?
Answer – D.Flock
A free instant messaging service for work and business environments, Flock has launched world’s first chat operating system”FlockOS” by Bhavin Turakhia, Flock CEO on December 20, 2016. Developers can build apps by using Flock OS that provide a tightly integrated experience by using widgets. This OS provides setup slash commands, providing an additional option for users to interact with the app