Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Union Cabinet recently approved the Drinking Water Project proposal of Puducherry government to treat water from Ousteri lake to meet water requirement in the areA.What is the total cost of the project?
A.Rs. 50 crore
B.Rs. 75 crore
C.Rs. 40 crore
D.Rs. 15 croreAnswer – C.Rs. 40 crore
Union Environment Ministry has approved Rs. 40 crore proposal of Puducherry government, to treat water from Ousteri lake, a major water body in puducherry, and supply it to meet the water requirements in Puducherry and Oulgaret Municipal limits. Puducherry government has clarified in the proposal to the Central Environment Ministry that it would take necessary steps to protect the sanctuary while implementing the project.
- Union Government has planned to launch a Cash Mukt Bharat Abhiyan Helpline number ___________ which is a nationwide toll-free number to educate people and provide support related to cashless mode of transactions.
D.11444Answer – A.14444
Explanation: After launching free-to-air channel DigiShala and ‘Cashless India’ website, the government is now set to launch a Cash Mukt Bharat Abhiyan Helpine number to educate people about digital
transactions.A nationwide toll-free helpline number ‘14444’ will be launched soon to educate people and provide support related to cashless mode of transactions.
- The sports and culture based ‘Judima Festival’ is celebrated in which Indian State?
D.ManipurAnswer – B.Assam
The three-day ‘Judima Festival’ begin at Haflong in Assam on December 18, 2016.The festival seeks to establish the only hill station of Assam, Haflong into the tourism map of the Northeast to promote and nurturing of ethnic culture, music, dance, craft and folk-art of Dimasa tribals living in Dima Hasao district of the state. The first edition of the festival held in January 2016 saw the conglomeration of cultures from different ethnicities which helped in further strengthening the harmony among various tribes residing in the hill district.
- Himachal Pradesh recently launched its first cyber crime police station in Shimla to deal with increasing incidents of crime in cyberspace. In which city was India’s first cyber crime police station inaugurated ?
D.HyderabadAnswer – B.Bangalore
Himachal Pradesh CM Virbhadra Singh inaugurated the state’s first Cyber Crime Police Station was inaugurated at the state police headquarters, Shimla to deal with increasing incidents of crime in cyberspace. India’s first cyber crime police station was inaugurated at the cod headquarters in Bangalore. Maharashtra become first state to launch cyber police stations in all districts.
- Which country recently inaugurated the world’s largest non-permanent indoor ice rink?
D.Stockholm, SwedenAnswer – A.Paris, France
A 2,700-square-meter skating space has recently opened at the Grand Palais in Paris, France. It is the world’s largest non-permanent indoor ice rink. The rink was inaugurated at the third edition of the ‘Grand Palais des Glaces’ festival which was held on December 15, 2016 featuring skating stunts and acrobatics.
- Which bank has launched a mobile wallet app ‘MobiCash’ which can be used in both Smartphone as well as Feature phone?
A.Punjab National Bank
B.State bank of India
D.United Bank of IndiaAnswer – B.State bank of India
The State Bank of India (SBI), country’s largest lender, has launched its mobile wallet application ‘State Bank MobiCash’ in partnership with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) on December 17, 2016. The MobiCash app will allow users with Feature phone as well as Smartphone to deposit cash and withdraw funds from their account through BSNL retail outlets.
- Who has been appointed as the new Chief of Army Staff?
A.Lt Gen S K Sinha
D.Gen A S VaidyaAnswer – C.Bipin Rawat
Government on December 17, 2016, decided to appoint Lieutenant general Bipin Rawat as the new chief of Army Staff. Rawat will succeed General Dalbir Singh. Lt Gen Bipin Rawat is currently serving as Vice Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army from 01 September 2016.
- Who has been selected as the new chief of India’s external intelligence agengy RAW?
D.Rajinder KhannaAnswer – B.Anil Dhasmana
Anil Dhasmana has been appointed as the next chief of the country’s external intelligence agency RAW. Anil Dhasmana will succeed Rajinder Khanna who is also completing his tenure on December 31. Dhasmana, a 1981-batch officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, has been with RAW for the last 23 years during which he has served on important desks including Pakistan.
- Name the newly appointed Chief of Indian Air Force.
A.S K Sinha
C.P M Hariz.
D.B.S DhanoaAnswer – D.B.S Dhanoa
Government on December 17, 2016, decided to appoint Air Marshal B.S. Dhanoa as the new chief of Air Staff. Dhanoa will replace Arup Raha both of whom are retiring on December 31. Air Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa is Vice Chief of the Air Staff of the Indian Air Force and assumed the office on 1 June 2015.
- Who has been appointed as the new Chief of Intelligence Bureau?
D.Rajinder KhannaAnswer – C.Rajiv Jain
Jharkhand cadre IPS officer Rajiv Jain has been appointed as the new chief of Intelligence Bureau (IB). He will succeed Dineshwar Sharma who is completing his two-year tenure on December 31. Rajiv Jain, the 1980-batch officer, has served in various departments of the IB including the sensitive Kashmir desk and is a recipient of President’s Police Medal.
- Name the app launched by the power ministry to monitor the eletrification programme in 6 lakh villages of India.
D.SamvadAnswer – A.GARV-II
The Power Ministry is set to launch a new app, GARV-II, to provide real time data of all six lakh villages of the country to ensure transparency in implementation of rural electrification programme in the villages. The Power Minister Piyush Goyal informed that the app will be launched on December 20, 2016.Earlier version of the app, GARV, was used to provide data about rural electrification regarding 18,452 un-electrified villages while the new version GARV-II will provide real time data for all six lak villages in the country.
- Telecom ministry is soon to launch a web portal that will let users check radiation compliance status of towers across the country and get a specific one tested on request. What is the name of the portal?
D.Radiation EmissionAnswer – C.Tarang Sanchar
Department of Telecom (DoT) is set to launch a website portal Tarang Sanchar that will help users get checked the radiation level of mobile towers and transmitters across the country. In order to get radiation of a particular tower tested, the applicant will have to pay a fee of Rs 5,000.
- Name the Indian Boxing Champion who retained his WBO-Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title on December 17 by defeating Francis Cheka.
D.Manoj KumarAnswer – A.Vijender Singh
Indian boxing star Vijender Singh defeated former world champion Tanzania’s Francis Cheka to retain WBO-Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title in New Delhi on December 17, 2016. On July 7, 2016 Singh defeated Australian Kerry Hope to win WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title
- Former Planning Commission member Saumitra Chaudhuri, who passed away on December 18 at 63 was a noted?
D.JournalistAnswer – C.Economist
Noted economist and former Planning Commission member Saumitra Chaudhuri passed away on December 18, 2016, at New Delhi’s Sir Gangaram Hospital, following a brief illness. He was 63. Saumitra Chaudhuri was born on January 11, 1954. He was a member of the Planning Commission of India from 2009. Before that, he had been a member of the Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council from 2005 onwards.
- When is the International Migrants Day celebrated?
D.December 18Answer – D.December 18.
Every year, International Migrants Day is celebrated on 18th December to recognizes and celebrates the rights of migrants around the world.This year marks the 26th anniversary of the UN’s International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families which was approved by the UN General Assembly on Dec.18, 1990.
- A R Rahman has been nominated for the 89th Academy Awards under both Best Original Score and Best Original Song category. Name the movie for which he has been nominated ?
A.Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
B.Pele: Birth of a Legend
C.The Hateful Eight
D.A WarAnswer – B.Pele: Birth of a Legend
Academy award winning musician A R Rahman has been nominated for the 89th Academy Awards and once again stands a chance to win the double Oscar for his work on sports biopic “Pele: Birth of a Legend”. The Indian musician has been nominated for the 89th Academy Awards under both Best Original Score and Best Original Song category. Rahman’s name has been listed among 145 original scores list, as the music composer for the biographical film of Brazilian footballer Pele, directed by Jeff Zimbalist and Michael Zimbalist.
- Which Ministry has launched Swasthya Rakshan Program to promote health and health education in village?
A.Minstry of Science and Technology, Earth Sciences
B.Ministry of Social justice and empowerment
C.Ministry of Ayush
D.Ministry of Health and Family WelfareAnswer – C.Ministry of Ayush
AYUSH Ministry headed by Shripad Yasso Naik has launched Swasthya Rakshan Program to promote health and health education in village. The Programme has been initiated through Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH) and Central Council for Research in Siddha (CCRS)
- Colombian president has been honored with Lampara peace prize or Catholic Nobel for his efforts to reach the FARC deal on December 18, 2016 in Italy. What is the name of Colombian president?
D.Juan Manuel SantosAnswer – D.Juan Manuel Santos
Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos honoured with the Lampara peace prize or Catholic Nobel for his efforts to reach the FARC deal on December 18, 2016 in Assisi, Italy. The award recognize his work to end the half-century conflict that has claimed more than 260,000 lives.