Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Chinese Navy has recently seized the underwater drone of which country in South China Sea?
Answer – B.US Navy
Navy of China has seized an Underwater drone of US Navy on 15 December 2016 from northwest of Subic Bay which is an extension of South China Sea.The unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV) drone that the Chinese Navy has seized had to return to USNS Bowditch (an oceanographic survey ship). But before that it was seized.
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has extended the Peacekeeping mission of South Sudan for how many years?
Answer – C.1 Year
The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has given one year extension to the Peacekeeping mission of South Sudan. The UN adopted Resolution 2326 (2016) unanimously. Known as the United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan (UNMISS) has been extended till 15 December 2017. UNMISS can now continue to include a Regional Protection Force and authorized the Mission to use all necessary means to carry out its tasks.
- Thal Favang Kut Festival is celebrated in which Indian state?
Answer – D.Mizoram
The ‘Thal Favang Kut’ festival of Mizoram, which marks the completion of weeding of the farmland by cultivators in the state, was held in Aizawl with enthusiasm and fervor from December 15-17, 2016. It is a post-harvest festival which is celebrated after harvesting the paddy. It is celebrated every year to thank the almighty as well as to promote tourism in the state.
- Where was the 6th BRICS Health Ministers Meet held?
D.Rio de Janeiro
Answer – A.New Delhi
The two-day 6th BRICS Health Ministers Meet was held from December 16- December 17, 2017 in New Delhi.The meeting was attended by the health delegates of BRICS nation-Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa along with other Senior Officers of representative department. The 7thBRICS Health Ministers meeting and Meeting of Senior Health Officials will be held in China in 2017.
- Railway Minister on December 16, 2017, flagged off an AC III tier Express Train via video conference that would run between Gorakhpur and Anand Vihar. Name the train.
Answer – D.Humsafar
Indian Railways new train, Humsafar Express, was flagged off from Gorakhpur in eastern Uttar Pradesh by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu via video conferencing in Rail Bhawan, New Delhi on December 16, 2016.The first Humsafar Express, with 16 AC III tier coaches and two power cars, would run between Anand Vihar in Ghaziabad to Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh and has been designed specifically for middle-class passengers.
- Name the former editor-in-chief of Times Now who has launched his own new venture named Republic.
Answer – A.Arnab Goswami
Noted television journalist and talk show host Arnab Goswami announced the launch of his ‘new venture’ called ‘Republic’, on December 15, 2016, a month after resigning as editor-in-chief of Times Now. At a conference held at the 10th anniversary of IEEMA ( Indian Electronic Equipment Manufacturer’s Association), the apex body for the power equipment industry, Swamy informed that Republic will be launched on 26 January, 2017.
- Which academic institution among the following Indian Universities has become the first to be accredited with QS 4-star rating?
Answer – C.VIT University
VIT University, Vellore, has become India’s first academic institution to be certified with QS 4-star rating due to its excellence in fields of teaching, innovation and employability. University has also received 5 star category rating across 5 different categories namely Teaching, Innovation, Facilities, Employability and Inclusiveness.
- Name the Indian Minister who has been selected for the 2016 SIES- Kanchi Seer Award under Public Leadership Category.
C.N Chandrababu Naidu
Answer – A.Devendra Fadnavis
Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis, UK-based scholar John Ralston Marr, ISRO chairman A S Kiran Kumar and Hari Katha exponent Kamala Murthy has been selected for the SIES-Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswati National Eminence Award and will be presented the award at a function at the Shanmukhananda auditorium in Mumbai on December 18, 2016. Devendra Fadnavis: Public Leadership, A S Kiran Kumar: Science & Technology, Hari Katha exponent Kamala Murthy: Social Thinkers, Philosophers and Pravachana Karthas, John Ralston Marr: will be felicitated for his work in the International category.
- To encourage digital transactions, Reserve Bank of India has announced to lower the MDR charges for debit card payment. The new charges will be into effect from which date?
B January 1
Answer – B.January 1
To encourage digital transactions, the Reserve Bank on December 16, 2016, has announced several measures that would come into effect from January 1 to March 31, 2017. RBI has directed the banks to cut MDR charges on payments made through debit carD.The Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) for debit card payments, including for payments made to government, will be capped at 0.25 per cent for transactions up to Rs 1,000 and 0.5 per cent between Rs 1,000-2,000.
- With which country India has agreed to undertake joint technical development work to extend the range of Brahmos supersonic cruise missiles beyond the current 300 km?
Answer – B.Russia
India and Russia have agreed to undertake joint technical development work to extend the range of Brahmos supersonic cruise missiles beyond the range of current 300 km. The agreement was reached after India joined the Missile Technology Control Regime MTCR in June as a full member.
- Which Public Sector Unit has inked MoU with NALCO on December 16 to set up a 2400 MW (8×300 MW) power plant in Dhenkanal district of Odisha?
Answer – A.NTPC
Central PSUs, National Aluminium Company Limited (Nalco) and NTPC Limited signed a MoU in New Delhi on December 16, 2017, to set up a 2400 MW (8×300 MW) power plant at Gajmara in Dhenkanal district, OdishA.The pact was inked in the presence of Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Power Minister Piyush Goyal. The estimated investment in all these projects will be approximately Rs 36,000 crores.
- To regulate the pet shops the Environment ministry on December 16, 2016, announced the notification of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Pet Shop) Rules, 2016. Who is the Union Environment Minister?
A.J P Nadda
B.Anil Madhav Dave
Answer – B.Anil Madhav Dave
The Union Environment minister, Anil Madhav Dave, on December 16, 2016, announced the notification of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Pet Shop) Rules, 2016. The aim of the rule is to regulate the pet shops across the country and prevent cruelty against animals kept in such pet shops.
- To boost Swachh Bharat mission in every district, the Central government has planned to deploy around 600 ”young professionals” in each district of IndiA.These professionals will be called as?
A.District Clenliness Preraks
B.Motivating Professional for Cleanliness
C.Zila Swachh Bharat Preraks
D.Swachh Bharat Motivators
Answer – C.Zila Swachh Bharat Preraks
In a move to boost Swachh Bharat mission started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Central government has planned to deploy around 600 ”young professionals” in each district of IndiA.The professionals will be called “Zila Swachh Bharat Preraks (ZSBPs)”. They will be responsible to provide their technical and management support to the respective districts collectors among other authorities to implement the goals by coordinating the various sanitation-related activities in the district.
- Government on December 17, formed an inter-ministerial task force committee to look into all the strategic aspects of Indus Water Treaty (IWT) with Pakistan. Who will be the head of the committee?
Answer – C.Nripendra Mishra
The Central Government has formed an inter- ministerial task force to look into all the strategic aspects of Indus Water Treaty (IWT) with Pakistan on December 17, 2016. The Task force will be headed by PM Narendra Modi’s Principal Secretary Nripendra MishrA.Other team members included NSA Ajit Doval, Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar and Secretaries in ministries of Finance, Environment, Power and Water Resource.
- Karnataka Government on December 16, launched its first air ambulance H130 helicopters in which city of the state?
Answer – B.Bangalore
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah formally launched the state’s first air ambulance H130 helicopters at HAL Airport in Bengaluru on December 16, 2016. The air ambulance service will start its operation from January 2017.The emergency number of air ambulance service is 155350.
- Which State Government has inaugurated two new districts Pherzawl and Noney on December 16, 2016 amid Naga protest?
Answer – D.Manipur
Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh inaugurated two new districts Pherzawl and Noney on December 16, 2016. Pherzawl carved out of Churachandpur district, and Noney from Tamenglong district in Manipur.Now, the total number of district is 11.
- Who has been appointed by Audi as the new Head of Indian Operation?
Answer – D.Rahil Ansari
German automobile manufacture company Audi appointed Rahil Ansari is appointed as Head of Indian Operation. It will effect from February 1, 2017. He will succeed Joe King, who will move back to Germany. He has a broad range of experience in finance, sales, network development, retail operations and after sales business.
- Which among the following institutions have been selected for the Digital India Silver Award under Most Innovative Citizen Engagement category?
A.Mumbai Western Railway
B.Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation
C.Municipal Corporation of Delhi
D.South East Central Railway
Answer – B.Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation
The Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation(CCMC) in Tamil Nadu has been selected for Digital India Silver Award instituted by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in the category of “Most Innovative Citizen Engagement” The corporation was chosen for installing and implementing free WiFi Scheme in its various offices.