Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- According to the 2016 Jane’s Defence Budgets Report, released by IHS Markit on December 12, 2016, what is India’s position among the global defence spender?
Answer – B.Fourth
According to the 2016 Jane’s Defence Budgets Report, released by research firm IHS Markit on December 12, 2016, India has become the fourth largest defence spender in the world, after US, China, and the UK. India, which is Asia’s third-largest economy spent $50.6 billion in 2016, from previous $46.6 billion in 2015.
- How much amount has been pledged by India to contribute to the UN Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) for the year 2016-17?
Answer – A.$500,000
India will contribute $500,000 to the UN Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) for the year 2016-17 announced by Indian diplomat Anjani Kumar a counsellor at India’s UN Mission at the pledging session held at UN. India giving it’s contribution since it was launched in 2006. This fund will be used to provide relief materials to emergency evacuation arises in any countries.
- Which island country has signed a deal with technology giant Google on December 12, 2016, to have faster access to internet content from the US technology giant?
Answer – C.Cuba
Explanation: Google and the government of Cuba signed a deal on December 12, 2016, that will enable Cuba to have faster access to internet content from the US technology giant. Google had no direct data link to the Cuba island.Under the deal, the internet giant will install servers called Google Global Cache, on the island that will store company’s most popular content from sites like Gmail and Youtube on the local servers to provide faster access to its data.
- Which country on December 13, 2016, formally announced the end of its controversial “kafala” system?
Answer – C.Qatar
Labour Minister of Qatar, Issa bin Saad al-Jafali al-Nuaimi on December 13, 2016, formally announced the end of its controversial “kafala” system, which was the biggest ever labour reform in Qatar. The system requires a local sponsor -individual or company- and need their permission to switch jobs or leave the country. The system was replaced with new contract-based system that aims to improve and protect the rights of the worker along with providing freedom of movement, right to change the job.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on December 13, 2016, lowered the 2016 growth estimate for India from 7.4 per cent to ___________.
Answer – D.7%
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) lowered the 2016 growth estimate for India to 7 per cent from the previous 7.4 per cent on December 13, 2016, due to demonetisation, weak investment and agricultural slowdown. However, India’s growth forecast for 2017 remained unchanged at 7.8 per cent.
- With which bank India has signed a Grant Agreement for Additional Financing in Financing Energy Efficiency at MSMEs Project- Programmatic Framework for Energy Efficiency on December 13, 2016?
A.Asian Development Bank (ADB)
B.International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
C.International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
D.European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Answer – B.International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
India on December 13, 2016, signed a Grant Agreement of USD 5.19 million with International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) for Additional Financing for Financing Energy Efficiency at MSMEs Project- Programmatic Framework for Energy Efficiency.
- Which e-commerce website has partnered with National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) to enable cashless payments at all national and city toll plazas?
Indian e-commerce website Paytm has announced partnership with National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) to enable cashless payments at all national and city toll plazas. Travellers can pay their toll charges instantly with Paytm app by scanning the QR code placed at toll payment counters.
- Name the app launched by Vodafone India on December 13, 2016, to enable merchants and retailers to receive payments from their customers directly in the wallet and replaces the need of PoS machines.
A.M Pesa Pay
B.M Pesa Purse
C.E Pesa Pay
D.E Pesa Wallet
Answer –A.M Pesa Pay
Vodafone India launched Vodafone M Pesa Pay to enable merchants and retailers to receive payments from their customers on December 13, 2016. It will also enable to M Pesa customers. M Pesa Pay replaces the need for point of sale (PoS) machine.
- Which Indian airport has recently achieved carbon neutral status under the 5-15 Million Passengers Per Annum category?
A.Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi
B.Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai
C.Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Ahemdabad
D.Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad
Answer –D.Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad
The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA), Hyderabad operated by GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd (GHIAL), has achieved neutral status with regards to carbon emission. Hyderabad Airport has become the first airport in Asia-Pacific region under the 5-15 Million Passengers Per Annum category and second among all categories in the Asia-Pacific region to achieve the Carbon Neutral status.
- Who has been sworn in as the 15th king of Malaysia on December 14, 2016?
A.Sultan Muhammad V
B.Muhammad Sharif Othman
C.Musa Abdul Wahab
D.Sultan Abdul Halim
Answer –A.Sultan Muhammad V
Malaysia government has been installed its 15th king Sultan Muhammad V in the Istana Negara in Kuala Lumpur(KL) on December 14, 2016. Muhammad succeeds Sultan Abdul Halim of Kedah who was king previously in the 1970s and he was the first person to hold the position twice.
- Who has been appointed as the new Chief Executive of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) on December 14, 2016?
A.Mohan V Tanksale
B.V G Kannan
Answer –B.V G Kannan
V G Kannan took charge as Chief Executive of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) on December 14, 2016. He replaced M V Tanksale. Kannan had working as Managing Director & Group Executive (Associates & Subsidiaries) of State Bank of India till July 31, 2016.
- Which country has been stripped from hosting the 2017 Bobsleigh and Skeleton World Championships?
Answer – C.Russia
The International Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation (IBSF) announced that Russia will not host the 2017 Bobsleigh and Skeleton World Championships. The reason cited by IBSF for this was that Russia is accused of state-sponsored doping and IBSF wants to focus on sport rather than accusations.
- Name the winner of the 1st Elite Senior Men’s National Boxing Championships under lightweight 60 Kg category held on 13 December 2016 in Guwahati.
Answer –B.Shiva Thapa
Shiva Thapa won Gold Medal in lightweight (60kg) National Boxing Championships held on 13 December 2016 in Guwahati. He defeated Ankush DahiyA.This was the 1st Elite Senior Men’s Nationals Boxing Championship and was held at the Nabin Chandra Bordoloi Indoor Stadium, Sarusajai in Guwahati.
- Name the winner of the 1st Elite Senior Men’s National Boxing Championships under 69 Kg category held on 13 December 2016 in Guwahati.
Answer – A.Manoj Kumar
Manoj Kumar won a Gold medal in 69 Kg category in the National Boxing Championships held on 13 December 2016 in Guwahati.. He represented Railways Sports Promotion Board (RSPB).This was the 1st Elite Senior Men’s Nationals Boxing Championship and was held at the Nabin Chandra Bordoloi Indoor Stadium, Sarusajai in Guwahati.
- Name the tennis player who has been named as the 2016 ITF World Champions by the International Tennis Federation.
Answer – C.Andy Murray
The International Tennis Federation(ITF) named Andy Murray of Great Britain and Angelique Kerber of Germany as the 2016 ITF World Champions. They will receive the award at the 2017 ITF World Champions Dinner on 6 June 2017 in Paris.
- Name the renowned horse trainer and Jockey who passed away on December 12, 2016 at 55?
Answer –D.Walter Swinburn
Renowned English jockey and horse trainer Walter Swinburn, passed away on December 12, 2016, in London suffering from epilepsy at the age of 55.
- When is the World Energy Conservation Day celebrated?
Answer – D.December 14
World Energy Conservation Day is celebrated on 14th December across the world to highlight the importance of energy consumption and its use in our day-to-day life and highlight awareness about impact of energy on sustainability of global eco system.
- Rajya Sabha on December 14, 2016 passed The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill, 2014, with amendments to secure and enhance the rights of disabled persons. Which among the following statements is true regarding the Bill?
i.The bill will replace the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995.
ii.The amended Bill complies with the United Nations Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
iii.The new bill covers total 7 disabilities
A.Only i and iii.
B.Only ii and iii.
C.All i, ii, iii
D.Only i and ii
Answer – D.Only i and ii
The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill, 2014, which aims at securing and enhancing the rights and entitlements of disabled persons was passed with amendments in the Rajya Sabha on December 14, 2016.The bill will replace the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.The new bill covers total 19 disabilities instead of seven disabilities specified in the 1995 Act.
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on December 14, 2016 imposed a ban on the procurement, sale and use of glass powder coated ‘manja’ for flying kites. Who is the Chairman of NGT?
B.Lokeshwar Singh Panta
C.Jagdish Singh Khehar
Answer – A.Swatanter Kumar
A ban was imposed by the National Green Tribunal on December 14, 2016 on the procurement, sale and use of glass powder coated ‘manja’ and other dangerous strings for flying kites. The order was passed by the NGT bench, headed by Chairman Justice Swatanter Kumar who said that the sharp string poses a danger to humans, animals and birds as well as causes harm to environment.
- Where is the 9th edition of the annual bilateral maritime exercise INDRA NAVY between Indian Navy and Russian Navy being conducted?
D.Bay of Bengal
Answer – D.Bay of Bengal
The 9th edition of the annual bilateral maritime exercise between Indian Navy and Russian Navy, INDRA NAVY, started off in the Bay of Bengal on December 14 and will continue till 21 December 2016.
- Name the book released by the Supreme Court of India that is based on the history of courts and judicial system in India?
A.Judicial System and History
B.Courts of India – Past to Present
C.History of Indian Judiciary
D.History of Indian Court & Judiciary
Answer –B.Courts of India – Past to Present
The book titled ‘Courts of India – Past to Present’ released by the Supreme Court of India.The book is a comprehensive history of courts and judicial system in IndiA.It was authored by the Editorial Board comprises members of both the Bench and the Bar.
- Which city officially entered the UN’s list of world heritage sites on December 13, 2016, in recognition of its soaring granite cliffs, urban rainforest and beaches?
A.Rio de Janeiro
Answer –A.Rio de Janeiro
The Marvelous City or Rio de Janeiro officially entered into the UN’s list of world heritage sites while UNESCO status was announced in 2012 in recognition of its soaring granite cliffs, urban rainforest and beaches.
- Union Cabinet, on December 14, 2016, approved signing of MoU with which country for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism ?
The Union Cabinet, headed by Shri Narendra Modi also gave its approval for signing Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Tourism, Government of the Republic of India and Ministry of Cultural,Information & Tourism of the Government of the Kyrgyzstan Republic for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
- The Union Cabinet on December 14, 2016, approved the signing of the revised Air Services Agreement (ASA) with which country after 38 years?
Answer – C.Nigeria
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing of the revised Air Services Agreement (ASA) between India and Nigeria which was signed on 31th January, 1978. The revised Agreement with strengthen the civil aviation relations between India and Nigeria and has the potential to encourage greater trade, investment, tourism and cultural exchanges between the two countries.
- With which Indian Research Organisation, United States Geological Survey (USGS) signed an MoU for cooperation in the exchange and use of U.S. Land Remote Sensing Satellite Data which got approval from Union Cabinet on December 14, 2016?
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on December 14, 2016, approved the Memorandum of Understanding signed between Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and United States Geological Survey (USGS) that was signed on July 9, 2016 at Bengaluru, for cooperation in the exchange and use of U.S. Land Remote Sensing Satellite DatA.According to the MoU ISRO will receive data from USGS’s satellite, Landsat-7 & 8 in India while USGS will receive data from ISRO’s RESOURCESAT-2 (AWiFS and LISS III) satellite in US.