Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Name the President of Indonesia who recently was on a three days visit to India and signed three agreements in various areas to enhance strategic partnership.
Answer – A.Joko Widodo
President of Indonesia, Mr. Joko Widodo was on a three day visit to India from December 11-December 13, 2016, at the invitation of Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi.India and Indonesia signed three agreements in various areas to enhance strategic partnership: MoU on Youth Affairs and Sports Cooperation, MoU on Standardization Cooperation, Joint Communiqué on on Ilegal and Unauthorised Fishing.
- In which state, the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, inaugurated the largest cheese plant and whey drying plant on December 10, 2016?
Answer – B.Gujarat
The Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, attended a programme organized by the Banaskantha Cooperative Milk Producers Union (Banas Dairy) at Deesa in Gujarat on December 10, 2016 to celebrate the Golden Jubilee year of the Dairy. On this occasion, the Prime Minister unveiled a plaque by remote control, to mark the inauguration of a cheese plant and whey drying plant at Palanpur.
- India’s first amphibious bus project “Harike Cruise” was launched in which state on December 12, 2016?
C.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – D.Punjab
The Punjab government launched first of its kind, amphibious bus project “Harike Cruise” at the Harike wetland near Amritsar on December 12, 2016, almost after two years of announcing the launch. The vehicle, which can run both on land and water, was imported from Swedish automobile company Scania and was reassembled in Goa before being brought to Harike.
- Uttar Pradesh Cabinet on December 13, 2016 approved the recommendations of the Seventh Pay Commission. The pay hike under the 7th pay commission will be applicable from which date?
A.February 1, 2017
B.March 1. 2017
C.January 1, 2017
D.December 31, 2016
Answer – C.January 1, 2017
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav led Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approved the recommendations of the Seventh Pay Commission on December 13, 2016. The pay hike will be applicable from January 1, 2017.
- Name the Indian Minister who has been named in the top 100 Global Thinkers of 2016 List by the US based Foreign Policy magazine under the ‘Decision-makers’ category ?
Answer – D.Sushma Swaraj
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has been named among the top 100 global thinker by the US based Foreign Policy magazine.Swaraj was named in the Global Thinkers of 2016 Lis tunder the ‘Decision-makers’ category
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar made his first ever visit to which country to strengthen close political and bilateral strategic ties between the two countries?
Answer – A.Mauritius
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar was on a three days visit to Mauritius from December 10 to December 12, 2016 to strengthen close political and bilateral strategic ties between the two countries. This was the first ever visit by a Defence Minister of India to Mauritius.
- The European Union (EU) on December 12, 2016, signed a deal with which country to normalize relations, change interaction on human rights issues and increase already existing business among the two?
Answer – B.Cuba
The European Union (EU) and Cuba signed a deal in Brussels on December 12, 2016, to normalize relations, change interaction on human rights issues and increase already existing business ties between Europe and Cuba.
- United Bank of India has adopted two villages in which Indian state to implement schemes in line of digital India program to change the villages into truly cashless villages ?
Answer – C.Tripura
Kolkata based United Bank of India has adopted Patunagar and Sachindranagar Colony in the state of Tripura to implement schemes in the line of digital India program. UBI will make necessary steps to change the villages into truly cashless villages.
- LIC Mutual Fund Asset Management Company on December 12, 2016, has announced to offer Unified Payment Interface (UPI) in partnership with which bank, as mode of payment for its investors to invest in its schemes ?
Answer – B.Standard Chartered
LIC Mutual Fund Asset Management Company on December 12, 2016, announced its readiness on Unified Payment Interface (UPI) in partnership with Standard Chartered Bank as mode of payment for its investors to invest in its schemes. UPI is a payment mechanism which allows instant money transfer without bank details. Instead of bank account number and IFSC code, the virtual payment address is used to pay through the UPI.
- Yes Bank has tied-up with which e-grocer to deliver cash up to Rs. 2000 at doorstep on purchasing grocery online?
Answer – A.Grofers
Yes Bank has tied-up with e-grocer Grofers to deliver cash at doorstep, allowing customers to get cash of up to Rs 2,000 when they order grocery online. Customers who wish to get the money will have to buy grocery of minimum of Rs 2,000 and pair it with a special code.
- Following India, which other country banned the circulation of the country’s largest banknote 100 bolivars within 72 hours to fight smuggling and food scarcity?
Answer – B.Venezuela
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has signed an emergency order to ban country’s largest banknote 100 bolivars banknote to be taken out of circulation in the next 72 hours. The decision was taken by Venezuelan government to fight smuggling and food scarcity. Venezuela also shutting down its western border with Colombia for 72 hours in order to combat currency smuggling
- Name the winner of 2016 Ballon d’Or .
Answer – A.Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid, beat rival Lionel Messi to win the prestigious Ballon d’Or award for a fourth time. Ronaldo, 31, previously won the award in 2008 as well as in 2013 and 2014. Lionel Messi took the honour for a fifth time last year. Atletico Madrid’s French forward Antoine Griezmann finished third in the vote.
- How many Indians have been listed in Forbes magazine’s 2016 List of US Wealthiest Entrepreneurs under 40?
Answer – D.2
Two Indians have been listed in Forbes magazine’s second annual list of wealthiest entrepreneurs under the age of 40. Vivek Ramaswamy, a successful biotech entrepreneur has been ranked 24th on ‘America’s Richest Entrepreneurs Under 40 2016’ list having a networth of 600 milliondollars while Apoorva Mehta stands at 31st spot with a 360 million dollars networth. The list has been topped by Zuckerberg, whose Facebook shares and net worth is now worth USD 50 billion.
- Which badminton player who was awarded with the Badminton World Federation (BWF) Most Improved Player of the Year award 2016 in Dubai on December 12, 2016 ?
Answer – C.PV. Sindhu
Rio Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu awarded with Badminton World Federation (BWF) Most Improved Player of the Year award at the Players’ Reception and Gala Dinner in Dubai on December 12, 2016
- Who has been appointed as the Industry Director of Facebook on December 12, 2016?
Answer – .Pulkit Trivedi
Google’s former Head of Industry, e-commerce Pulkit Trivedi was appointed as Industry Director for e-commerce, retail, travel and financial services verticals of Facebook on December 12, 2016
- Who has been appointed as the Global Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF for the campaign “For Every Child”?
Answer – A.Priyanaka Chopra
Bollywood Actress Priyanka Chopra is appointed as UNICEF Global Goodwill Ambassador for campaign “For Every Child.Chopra would be joined with Jackie Chan, Orlando Bloom and David Beckham to works towards protecting children’s rights around the world.
- Who has been elected as the president of Chennai based Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) on December 12, 2016?
Answer – B.Akbar Ebrahim
Veteran Akbar Ebrahim has been elected as the president of Chennai based Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) at the FMSCI Annual General Meeting, which was held in Chennai on December 12, 2016. He will replace Zayn Khan. J Prithiviraj was elected as the vice-president and also councillors were elected for various motor clubs.
- Who has been appointed as the new full time Test Captain of South Africa on December 13, 2016?
D.Faf du Plessis
Answer – D.Faf du Plessis
Faf du Plessis is the new full time Test captain of South Africa after AB de Villiers voluntarily stepped down from captaincy. The decision taken by deVilliers was to focus more on his fitness as he has undergone an elbow surgery recently.
- Name the snooker player who won the 2016 IBSF World Billiards Championship on December 12, 2016 in Bengaluru.
Answer – C.Pankaj Advani
Indian snooker player Pankaj Advani won the IBSF World Billiards Championship in Bengaluru on December 12, 2016. The Indian cueist, Advani beat multiple world champion, Peter Gilchrist of Singapore by 6-3 in the final match to claim his 11th World Billiards Championship and 16th overall world title.
- Who is the author of the book, ‘Many Everests: An Inspiring Journey of Transforming Dream into Reality’?
Answer – B.Ravindra Kumar
Ravindra Kumar, the first IAS officer as well as the first Seafarer of India, to climb the Mount Everest has written a motivational book for students, which was released by the Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha on December 12, 2016 in New Delhi. The book titled ‘Many Everests: An Inspiring Journey of Transforming Dream into Reality’ is penned by Ravindra Kumar, a 2011 batch IAS officer.
- The first ever Day and Night Ashes test match between England and Australia is scheduled to be played in which stadium from 2-6 December 2017?
B.Melbourne Cricket Stadium
C.Sydney Cricket Ground
Answer – D.Adelaide Oval
Cricket Australia (CA) has announced that the first ever Day and Night Ashes test match will be played at Adelaide Oval from 2-6 December 2017. Out of the 5 match test series this will be the 2nd test match which will be the first day and night Ashes.