Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- In which pilgrim town of Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched the five month long Narmada Seva Yatra on December 11, 2016 ?
Answer – D.Amarkantak
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched Narmada Seva Yatra at Amarkantak on December 11, 2016. The five months long Yatra which will continue till May 11, 2017 aims to turn the Narmada river pollution free.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation will roll out a new basin in which city by the end of 2017 to focus towards exploration of oil and gas?
Answer – D.Agartala
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is setting up a new ‘basin’ in Agartala which would be completed by the end of the year 2017 to increase focus on exploration of oil and gas in the North-East region.
- Who has been sworn in as the new Prime Minister of New Zealand on December 12, 2016?
Answer – B.Bill English
New Zealand’s Minister of Finance and leader of National Party Bill English was sworn in as the country’s new Prime Minister on December 12, 2016 after John Key announced his intention to resign as prime minister last week. After the appointment of Mr. English, State Services Minister, Paula Bennett was named as deputy Prime Minster of the country.
- Which of the following books were released by the President Pranab Mukherjeeon December 11, 2016, at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on the occasion of his 81stbirthday ?
i. Life at Rashtrapati Bhavan
iii. The Dramatic Decade: The Indira Gandhi Years
B.Both i and iii
C.Both i and ii
Answer – C.Both i and ii
President Pranab Mukherjee on December 11, 2016, released three books at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on the occasion of his 81st birthday. The three books include: Life at Rashtrapati Bhavan, Indradhanush-2 and Rashtrapati Bhavan – From Raj to Swaraj.
- Name the severe cyclonic storm that made landfall in Chennai on December 12, 2016, causing severe destruction in the city and neighboring states?
Answer – A.Vardah
The very severe cyclonic storm, Vardah made landfall in Chennai about 3 pm on December 12, 2016, killing seven people in the state. According to the Regional Meterological Centre, the storm after crossing Chennai and coastal districts of north Tamil Nadu, will move westward and is likely to emerge in Arabian Sea on December 14.
- The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh,N Chandababu Naidu launched the website of the APEDB on December 10, 2016. What is APEDB ?
A.Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Bureau
B.Andhra Pradesh Energy Development Board
C.Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board
D.Andhra Pradesh Energy Development Bureau
Answer – C.Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board
Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, N Chandababu Naidu launched the website of the Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board (AP-EDB), on December 10, 2016. The website, apedb.gov.in will provide the information about the policies of various sectors of the state, help to track the areas of investment in Andhra Pradesh and enable investor to determine various investment opportunities available in the state.
- Which has directed the Rajasthan government to cancel allotments of salt pans in Sambhar Salt Lakethat fall within the wetland and run against the order of Wetland Rules, 2010 ?
A.Rajasthan High Court
B.National Green Tribunal
C.The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
Answer – B.National Green Tribunal
The central zonal bench of National Green Tribunal (NGT) has directed the Rajasthan government to cancel allotments of salt pans in Sambhar Salt Lake that fall within the wetland and run against to the order of Wetland Rules, 2010. The bench has given six months’ time to implement the recommendations which should not exceed 2017 monsoon.
- Name the protein identified by the Scientists, which are found in the cell membranes of Cancer cells and have the ability to metastasize (spread).
Answer – A.CD36
Scientists at the Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona), identified a specific protein called CD36 which is responsible for spreading cancer. CD36 is found in the cell membranes of tumour cells and are dependent on fatty acids.
- Which Space Research Organisation has signed a contract with private firms on December 9, 2016, to jointly build navigation satellite?
Answer – B.ISRO
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) signed a contract with a consortium of six companies on December 9, 2016, to build two navigation satellite jointly with private firms by March 2017. The contract was signed between M. Annadurai, Director of ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC), and the consortium lead Alpha Design Technologies P Ltd.
- Who has been named as the President of the 90th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan to be held from February 3 to 5, 2017 atDombiviliin Maharashtra.
D.Akshaykumar M Kale
Answer – D.Akshaykumar M Kale
Marathi Writer and scholar Akshaykumar M Kale was elected as the President of the 90th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan which is scheduled to be held from February 3 to 5, 2017 at Dombivili in Maharashtra.
- Name the director of Tata Industries who was removed on December 12, 2016.
C.F N Subedar
Answer – A.Cyrus Mistry
Cyrus Mistry was removed as director of Tata Industries during extraordinary general meeting of Tata Industries held on December 12, 2016. The decision was made by shareholders of Tata Industries.
- Who has been honored with the highestFrench civilian award,Legion of Honor, on December 11, 2016 for his contribution in the favor of peace?
Answer – C.John Kerry
US Secretary of State John Kerry was honored with the highest French civilian award, Legion of Honor ,on December 11, 2016 for his contribution in the favor of peace. He received the award from the French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault in Paris.
- Which Technology Giant has launched its first full-scale Cybersecurity Engagement Centre (CSEC) in India?
Answer – A.Microsoft
Technology giant Microsoft has launched its first full-scale Cybersecurity Engagement Centre (CSEC) in Delhi. It is the first such cyber security center of Microsoft to be bulid in India.The centre will offer Microsoft capabilities to promote deeper cybersecurity collaborations with public and private sector organizations in India.
- The Directorate General of Anti-Dumping and Allied Duties (DGAD) has recommended imposing definitive anti-dumping duty for imports of steel tubes and pipes from which country ?
Answer – B.China
The Directorate General of Anti-Dumping and Allied Duties (DGAD) has recommended imposing definitive anti-dumping duty on China for imports of steel tubes and pipes from the country. The product under consideration has been exported by China to India under its normal value which has resulted in dumping. As a result the domestic manufacturing has suffered material injury due to dumping.
- Who inaugurated the museum for vintage tapestries and carpets in the Marble Hall of Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi on December 11, 2016?
Answer – C.Pranab Mukherjee
President Pranab Mukherjee on the occasion of his 81st birthday on December 11, 2016 inaugurated a museum for vintage tapestries and carpets in the Marble Hall of Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi. The museum will showcase Zardozi canopiesfrom the early 1900s, red embroidered canopy prepared for the 1911 Delhi Durbar of King George VI, collection of Buddhist art, paintings, carvings and miscellaneous gifts presented to different Presidents.
- The European Union has signed an agreement with which country on December 11, 2016, to enable the return of migrants who have reached Europe’s shores and whose asylum requests have been refused?
Answer – B.Mali
The European Union has signed an agreement with the Malian government on December 11, 2016, to enable the return of strucked Malian migrants who have reached Europe’s shores and whose asylum requests have been refused.
- German scientists have detected ammonia in which layer of the atmosphere for the first time?
Answer – A.Troposphere
Scientists have detected ammonia in the upper troposphere layers for the first time above India and China. Researchers from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology analysed satellite data collected between June 2002 to April 2012 and calculated the three-month averages.
- When was the Universal Health Coverage Day observed?
Answer – C.December 12
Universal Health Coverage Day was observed on December 12, 2016 to mark the anniversary of UN’s historic endorsement of universal health coverage in 2012.
Aim: To promote the human right to health.
- Who has been sworn in as UN secretary-general on December 12, 2016?
Answer – D.Antonio Guterres
Former Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Guterres was sworn in as Secretary-General of the United Nations, on December 12, 2016, becoming the ninth U.N. chief in the body’s 71-year history. The former U.N. refugee chief will take over duties from Ban Ki-moon on Jan. 1, 2017.
- India to offer Tsunami Early Warning-System which was developed by INCOIS to which Countries ?
Answer – B.SCS Countries
India is looking forward to provide Tsunami Early Warning-System to South China Sea (SCS) countries such as Vietnam, Malaysia and Philippines as a part of a soft-diplomacy effort.