Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Where was the India International Science Festival (IISF) 2016 organized?
Answer – B.New Delhi
The 2016 India International Science festival (IISF) was organized at CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL) Campus in New Delhi from December 7 to December 11, 2016 by the Department of Biotechnology and Ministry of Science & Technology to promote the science and technology developed by the Indian research laboratories among masses and to inculcate scientific understanding, temperament and appreciation for various achievements in Indian science & technology.
- Which state Chief Minister inaugurated the insurance claim distribution programme on December 10, 2016, worth 4 thousand 416 crore rupees to 20 lakh 46 thousand farmers of the state under the Prime Ministers Crop Insurance Scheme?
Answer – D.Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhanon December 10, 2016, inaugurated the programme to distribute Pradhan Mantri Fasal Beema Yojna claim worth 4 thousand 416 crore rupees to 20 lakh 46 thousandfarmers of the state from Ujjain district. This is the biggest and first-ever crop insurance claim distribution programme in Indian History.
- What is the maximum limit of free accident insurance cover that Indian Railways will provide to passengers who buy railway tickets online, in a bid to promote the cashless transaction post demonetization?
A.Rs. 10 Lakh
B.Rs. 7.5 Lakh
C.Rs. 15 Lakh
D.Rs. 9 Lakh
Answer – A.Rs. 10 Lakh
In order to promote Digital Transaction after demonetization of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 currency note, the Indian Railways has started to give free accidental insurance coverto the passengers who booked their tickets through online mode, from December 10, 2016.
- Name the committee constituted by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) to fight against online piracy.
A.Uday Sodhi Committee
B.Salil Kapoor Committee
C.Ajit Mohan Committee
D.Ratan Watal Committee
Answer – C.Ajit Mohan Committee
Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) has constituted a Ajit Mohan committee to fight against the problem of online piracy and develop suitable business standards and best practices for the digital entertainment industry. Ajit Mohan of Hotstar will be the chairman of the committee while it will be co-chaired by Uday Sodhi of SET India and Salil Kapoor of HOOQ.
- Which state on December 11, 2016 flagged off the first fortnightly special train for children?
B.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – B.Jammu & Kashmir
Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti flagged off fortnightly special train ‘Vaadi ki sair’ (Tour of the Valley) on December 11, 2016, for children that will run between Banihal to Baramulla.
- The world’s longest rail tunnel, Gotthard Base Tunnel (GBT) is built in which country?
Answer – C.Switzerland
The world’s longest rail tunnel, Gotthard Base Tunnel (GBT), began operating on regular basis in Switzerland, on December 11, 2016, to provide service to the passengers. The 57 km GBT took 17 years to build at a cost of over 12 billion Swiss francs ($11.8 billion, 11.2 billion euros).
- Which State Government has tied up with Tata Trusts to acquire digital platforms to ensure Aadhaar-enabled public distribution system (PDS)at fair price in the state?
Answer – D.Uttar Pradesh
Akhilesh Yadav lead Uttar Pradesh Government has tied up with Tata Trusts to acquire digital platforms to strengthen the public distribution system (PDS) in the state. Under the Agreement, Tata Trusts have installed electronic Point of Sale devices(ePOS) in various urban region shops of Lucknow, to ensure operation of an Aadhaar-enabled Public Distribution System (AePDS) at fair price.
- Who has been appointed as the new Prime minister of Italy on December 11, 2016?
Answer – A.Paolo Gentiloni
Paolo Gentiloni was appointed as Prime minister of Italy on December 11, 2016. He replaces Matteo Renzi who resigned after losing a referendum on plans to reform Italy’s constitution.
- Name the author of the book ‘Dipa Karmakar: The Small Wonder’ ?
Answer – D.Bishweshwar Nandi
The biography of Dipa Karmakar who is the first Indian female gymnast ever to compete in the Olympics to be written by Vimal Mohan, Digvijay Singh Deo and her coach Bishweshwar Nandi. The book titled ‘Dipa Karmakar: The Small Wonder’ which will be published by Fingerprint! in August 2017.
- When is the International Mountain Day observed?
Answer – D.December 11
Every Year 11th December is celebrated as “International Mountain Day” to create awareness about the importance of mountains to life. 2016 Theme — “Mountain Cultures: Celebrating diversity and strengthening identity“
- Name the first Indian to win a medal at the Mr. Olympia amateur event?
Answer – B.Iqbal Sayed
Iqbal Sayed of Mumbai won the silver medal at the Mr Olympia amateur event held in Hong Kong, beating participants from 20 countries under the Olympia Amateur Asia 2016’s Classic Bodybuilding category. He works as a civil engineer with Reliance Infrastructure and Mumbai Metro.
- Which sport has been granted provisional recognition by the International Olympic Committee on December 6, 2016?
Answer – B.Chearleading
The International Olympic Committee’s executive board on December 6, 2016, has granted provisional recognition to cheerleading and the martial art of muaythai as Olympic sports. However, the provisional recognition of the two sports will be provided for up to three years, after which they can apply to become a part of the game.
- Name the first Pakistani female to join the Bomb Disposal Unit (BDU).
A.Rafia Qaseem Baig
C.Rizwana Syed Ali
Answer – A.Rafia Qaseem Baig
Rafia Qaseem Baig(29) become the first Pakistani woman to join the Bomb Disposal Unit (BDU) in the restive province that frequently witnesses terror attacks. She will work in the BDU after completing her 15-day training along with 31 other male members at Nowshera’s School of Explosive Handling.
- Name the campaign launched by the President Pranab Mukherjee on December 11, 2016, to end child labour, child slavery and violence against children.
A.‘100 Million for 100 Million’
B.Fight Against Child Labor
C.One in a Million
D.Stop Child Labor
Answer – A.‘100 Million for 100 Million’
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee launched a campaign named, ‘100 Million for 100 Million’ which was organized by the Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation at Rashtrapati Bhavan on December 11, 2016 to mobilize 100 million youth and children each for 100 million underprivileged children across the world to end child labour, child slavery, violence against children and promote the right of every child to be safe, free, and educated, over the next 5 years.
- Name the first second generation quantitative remote-sensing weather satellite launched by China in the geostationary orbiton December 11, 2016.
Answer – D.Fengyun-4 satellite
China launched a new weather satellite, Fengyun-4 satellite, in the geostationary orbit, on December 11, 2016, from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in southwest China’s Sichuan Province . Long March-3B carrier rocket took the satellite into orbit. It was China’s First second-generation weather satellites launched as well as the country’s first quantitative remote-sensing satellite in the geostationary orbit.
- Government has reduced the import duty on wheat to zero from ________per cent on December 8, 2016, to improve domestic availability.
Answer – C.10%
The government on December 8, 2016, scrapped the 10 percent import duty on wheatdue to the rising domestic prices and shortage in the buffer stocks arising out of the consecutive drought in the years 2014 and 2015.
- Which village has been adopted by Lt. Governor of Puducherry, Kiran Bedi on December 11, 2016 under Model Village Scheme ?
Answer – B.Thimmanaicken Palayam
Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry, Kiran Bedi on December 11, 2016 announced the decision about the selection of Thimmanaicken Palayam village in the Manaveli Assembly constituency under Model Village Scheme.