Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- With which country India has signed a Civil Nuclear Cooperation Agreement (N-Pact) on December 9, 2016, in New Delhi?
Answer – D.Vietnam
India and Vietnam signed a Civil Nuclear Cooperation Agreement (N-Pact) in New Delhi on December 9, 2016, in the presence of Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan and President of Vietnam’s National Assembly Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan.The two countries also signed three other agreement: Enhance aviation links, Jointly work in the area of energy efficiency and Promotion of parliamentary cooperation.
- According to the Social Development Report (SDR) 2016, what percentages of Persons with Disability (PWD) are illiterate in India?
Answer – B.45%
According to the Social Development Report (SD) 2016, in India, 45 percent of Persons with Disability (PWD) are illiterate. The report revealed that 38 percent of PWD males were illiterate while 55 percent of female PWD.Even in Kerala, which is known as a state associated with complete literacy, 33.1 percent of PWDs were illiterate.
- What is the theme of Social Development Report (SDR) for 2016 is ‘Disabilities Rights Perspectives’ ?
A.The State in a Changing World
B.Making Services Work for Disabled
C.Disabilities Rights Perspectives
D.The Challenge of Development
Answer – C.Disabilities Rights Perspectives
The theme of the Social Development Report (SDR) for 2016 is ‘Disabilities Rights Perspectives’. Every year SDR focusses on a specialised theme, to identify major issues related to social sector and suggest measures for possible intervention, and review India’s commitment to the social sector.
- Where was the 28th State Information Ministers Conference (SIMCON), 2016 organized by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting from December 9 to December 10, 2016?
Answer – D.New Delhi
The 28th State Information Ministers Conference (SIMCON), 2016, was organised by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting from December 9 to December 10, 2016 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi to promote partnership among Centre and State, to discuss key issues in the films & broadcasting sector and new initiatives undertaken in the information domain.
- Name the campaign launched by the Ministry of Electronics and IT on December 9, 2016, to promote awareness and educate the rural people about cashless transactions.
A.Cashless Economy for All
B.Digi Money Campaign
C.Digi Dhan Abhiyan
D.Digital India Campaign
Answer – C.Digi Dhan Abhiyan
The Ministry of Electronics and IT, lead by Shri Ravishankar Prasad, launched a campaign, ‘Digi Dhan Abhiyan’, on December 9, 2016, to promote awareness about cashless transactions. The campaign will educate the citizens about various modes of digital transaction so as to enable all the citizens including small traders and merchants to make digital payment in their day to day financial transactions.
- Which Court on December 9, 2016 struck down the Rajasthan Special Backward Classes (SBC) reservation Act 2015 that allowed for 5% quota to Gujjars and five other communities of the state?
A.Kolkata High Court
B.Mumbai High Court
C.Delhi High Court
D.Rajasthan High Court
Answer – D.Rajasthan High Court
The Rajasthan High Court on December 9, 2016, cancelled the Rajasthan Special Backward Classes (SBC) reservation Act 2015 that allowed for 5% quota to Gujjars and five other communities of the state. A division bench of justices M N Bhandari and J K Ranka struck down the notification of October 2015 saying that it was in violation with the 50% limit set by the Supreme Court.
- The Committee on Digital Payments constituted by the Finance Ministry, to review existing payment systems in the country and recommend appropriate measures for encouraging Digital Payments, submitted its report on 09 December 2016. Who was the Chairman of the committee?
A.Ratan P. Watal
Answer – A.Ratan P. Watal
The committee formed by Finance Ministry to boost Digital Payment system in India that was headed by Shri. Ratan P. Watal submitted its report to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on 09 December 2016. The committee has recommended to bridge the gaps between those are digitally active and those are not, by promoting competition, open access & interoperability in payments.
- What was the theme of the First India-China Think-Tanks Forum which was held in New Delhi from December 9 to December 10, 2016?
A.From Strategic Partnership Towards Comprehensive Strategic Partnership
B.Towards a Closer India-China Developmental Partnership
C.Enhancing Spirit of Friendship and Openness
D.Moving Ahead to Develop Asia-Pacific region
Answer – B.Towards a Closer India-China Developmental Partnership
The First India-China Think-Tanks Forum which started on December 9, 2016, concluded in New Delhi on December 10, 2016.The two day forum was jointly organized by the Institute of Chinese Studies, the Indian Council of World Affairs, and the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.
The forum was based on the theme ‘Towards a Closer India-China Developmental Partnership’.
- Who has been chosen by the Canada’s Government, as the first women to be featured on the new Canadian $ 10 currency note, effective from 2018?
Answer – C.Viola Desmond
Civil rights activist Viola Desmond has emerged as the first Canadian Woman to be featured on the nations $ 10 Currency note.Canada’s Governor Stephen S. Poloz, Minister of Finance Bill Morneau and Minister of Status of Women
Patty Hajdu on December 8, 2016, made the announcement at the Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau, Que.
- What is the theme of Human Rights Day 2016?
A.Our Rights. Our Freedoms. Always.
B.My Voice Counts
C.Every day is Human Rights Day
D.Stand up for someone’s rights today
Answer – D.Stand up for someone’s rights today
The theme of Human Rights Day for 2016 is “Stand up for someone’s rights today!”
- Which country was the first to introduce Plastic Banknotes ?
Answer – B.Australia
Modern polymer banknotes were first developed by the Reserve Bank of Australia(RBA), Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) and The University of Melbourne. They were first issued as currency in Australia during 1988 (coinciding with Australia’s bicentennial year).
- The Government of India, has partnered with which technology giant on December 8, 2016 to conduct research on water and air quality monitoring?
Answer – D.Intel
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has partnered with the US Technology Giant Intel on December 8, 2016, to conduct research on water and air quality monitoring.
- Which movie has won the Hollywood Independent Documentary Awards 2016 under the ‘Best Foreign Documentary Feature’ category?
A.Raising the Bar
B.A Queer Country
C.The Russian Woodpecker
Answer – A.Raising the Bar
The Indian filmmaker Onir won the Hollywood Independent Documentary Awards for his Indo-Australian documentary, “Raising the Bar” which was selected as the ‘Best Foreign Documentary Feature’.
- Who has been appointed as the new CEO of Coca-Cola on December 10, 2016 ?
Answer – D.James Quincey
US based carbonated soft drink producer Coca-Cola named James Quincey as new CEO of the company on December 10, 2016. He will replace Muhtar Kent who will be the chairman of the board.
- Who has won the 2016 Ghana’s National Election to become president elect?
A.John Dramani Mahama
B.John Atta Mills
D.Samuel Atta Akyea
Answer – C.Nana Akufo-Addo
Opposition leader of Ghana, Nana Akufo-Addo, won the country’s national election, to become president elect, defeating President John MahamA.Nana Akufo-Addo leader of New Patriotic Party (NPP) won the election with majority vote of 53.8% while President John Mahama got 44.4%.
- Who has been appointed as the new Member of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet?
Answer – A.Rajendra Kumar
Senior Indian Revenue Service officer Rajendra Kumar has been appointed as the new Member of the Central Board of Direct Taxes(CBDT) by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
- Name the online food-delivery service that has acquired its competitor Foodpanda on December 10, 2016 for an undisclosed amount.
Answer – D.Delivery Hero
Berlin-based Delivery Hero signed an agreement on December 10, 2016 to acquire competitor Foodpanda for an undisclosed amount. The acquisition will strengthens Delivery Hero’s global leadership position in online food ordering and delivery, with the combined group processing over 20 million orders per month across 47 countries.
- Which space agency successfully launched a Kounotori 6 (HTV-6) spacecraft on December 9, 2016, to deliver a space junk collector technology into orbit?
A.National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
B.Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
C.Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
D.Russian Federal Space Agency (RFSA or Roscosmos)
Answer – C.Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
Japan’s space agency, JAXA, on December 9, 2016, successfully launched a spacecraft for the International Space Station (ISS), carrying a large magnetic space junk collector to divert the space junk toward Earth’s atmosphere. JAXA designed the ‘space junk’ collector with the help of a fishnet company.
- Name the two Mobile App launched by Kerala Government on the occasion of International Anti-Corruption Day on December 9, 2016, to end corruption in the government and semi-government institutions.
A.AC Kerala and Bribr App
B.ArisingKerala and Whistle Now
C.Adipoli and Arumbu
D.Arumbu and Whistle Now
Answer – B.ArisingKerala and Whistle Now
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched the mobile applications – ‘ArisingKerala‘ and ‘Whistle Now’ – on the occasion of International Anti-Corruption Day to end corruption in the government and semi-government institutions as part of the proactive policy of zero tolerance
- When is the Human Rights day celebrated?
Answer – B.December 10
Human Rights Day is observed on 10th December every year commemorates the day on which the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948. This day is celebrated to improve the physical, social, cultural and spiritual well being and welfare of the vulnerable group of people globally.