AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs December 1 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs December 2018
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- How many Indian states have achieved 100 % household electrification as on 29th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 15
8 States have achieved 100% saturation in household electrification under Saubhagya scheme. They are Madhya Pradesh, Tripura, Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir, Mizoram, Sikkim, Telangana and West Bengal. With this a total of 15 states in India have 100 % household electrification now. This announcement was made by RK Singh, Union Minister of State (IC) for Power and Renewable Energy after the ‘Review, Planning & Monitoring (RPM) Meeting with States and State Power Utilities’ in New Delhi, on 29th November 2018. So far, 2.1 crore connections have been released under Saubhagya. It is expected to achieve 100% saturation in India by 31st December 2018. Also, the Government is committed to ensure 24×7 access to electricity for all by 31st March 2019. An award scheme had also been announced, to create healthy competition among DISCOMs (Distribution Company)/Power Departments of States, with awards of more than Rs 300 crore to be won by States/DISCOMs.
- Government has launched ‘Bhasha Sangam’, a unique initiative to introduce school students to _____ Indian languages, on 22nd November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 22
On 22nd November 2018, Government has launched ‘Bhasha Sangam’, a unique initiative to introduce school students to 22 Indian languages. Bhasha Sangam has been launched under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat. It will continue till the 21 December 2018. Bhasha Sangam is a programme for schools and educational institutions to offer multilingual exposure to students in Indian languages. It also aims to improve linguistic tolerance and respect and promote national integration. There are 22 languages listed in Schedule VIII of Indian Constitution.
- The Air forces of India and which country will take part in a joint exercise ‘Cope India 2019’ (CI19) at two air force stations in West Bengal from December 3 to 14, 2018?
1) United Kingdom
2) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) United States
Air forces of the United States and India will take part in a 12-day joint exercise ‘Cope India 2019’ (CI19) at two air force stations in West Bengal from December 3 to 14, 2018. The exercise will be held at Air Station Kalaikunda and Air Station Arjan Singh (Panagarh) in West Bengal. This exercise is conducted after a gap of 8 years. The previous edition of this exercise was held in 2010. This is a bilateral US Pacific Air Forces (PACAF) sponsored Field Training Exercise (FTX). This will focus on US-Indian mutual cooperation and building on existing capabilities, aircrew tactics and force employment. Around 200 US Airmen with 15 aircraft from the 18th Wing, Kadena Air Base, Japan and 182nd Airlift Wing, Illinois Air National Guard will participate on behalf of United States.
- Where did India-Mozambique Joint Commission on Economic, Cultural, Scientific and Technical Cooperation held its 4th session on 29th November 2018?
1) Mumbai, India
2) New Delhi, India
3) Maputo, Mozambique
4) Vilankulo, Mozambique
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi, India
On 29th November 2018, India-Mozambique Joint Commission on Economic, Cultural, Scientific and Technical Cooperation held its 4th session in Jawaharlal Nehru Bhavan, New Delhi. The meeting was chaired by the External Affairs Minister of India, Sushma Swaraj, and the Minister of Foreign Affairs & Cooperation of the Republic of Mozambique, Mr. Jose Condungua Antonio Pacheco. Bilateral relations between the two countries were reviewed. In 2017, India was the largest destination for Mozambican exports, which accounted for 35% of its total export revenue. Tica-Buzi Highway funded by Indian credit-line of about 150 million US Dollars was implemented recently in Mozambique.
- National Archives of India and National Documentation and Information Center of Mozambique, signed a MoU to improve cooperation in the field of ____?
1) Linguistic Research
2) Archival Management
3) Historic Documentation
4) Information Technology
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Archival Management
On 29th November 2018, India-Mozambique Joint Commission on Economic, Cultural, Scientific and Technical Cooperation held its 4th session in Jawaharlal Nehru Bhavan, New Delhi. The meeting was chaired by the External Affairs Minister of India, Sushma Swaraj, and the Minister of Foreign Affairs & Cooperation of the Republic of Mozambique, Mr. Jose Condungua Antonio Pacheco. Bilateral relations between the two countries were reviewed. National Archives of India and National Documentation and Information Center of Mozambique, signed a MoU to improve cooperation in the field of archival management.
- Which state celebrated “Sangai Festival”, an annual cultural festival to promote tourism, from 21st November to 30th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Manipur
From 21st November to 30th November, Manipur Tourism Department organized an annual cultural festival known as “Sangai Festival” which was previously known as “Tourism Festival”. But in 2010 it was renamed after the State Animal of Manipur Sangai Deer. The Sangai Festival is celebrated to promote Manipur as the World Class tourism destination. The Festival showcases the culture, handloom, handicraft and fine arts, Cuisines and Music, Indigenous sports, Adventure sports as well as the scenic natural beauty of the Manipur. Sangai Festival is celebrated at Keibul Lamjao & Loktak Lake, Hapte Kangjeibung and Bheigyachandra Open Air Theatre, Mapal Kangjeibung and Khuman Lampak, Kangshang, Trade & Permanent Exhibition Centre at Lamboi Khongnangkhong.
- Where was India’s first owl fest named “Indian Owl Festival” held on 29th and 30th November 2018?
1) Pune, Maharashtra
2) Shillong, Meghalaya
3) Jalandhar, Punjab
4) Kochi, Kerala
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Pune, Maharashtra
On 29th and 30th November 2018, the Indian Owl Festival, India’s first owl fest, was held at Pingori village in Purandar taluka of Pune, Maharashtra. The festival was organised by Ela Foundation. It created awareness on owl conservation and feature art forms like pictures, paintings, lanterns, lamp shades, posters, origami, stitched articles, poems and stories on owls. The festival featured skits and short films on owls. Out of the 262 species of owls that are found in the world, 75 are threatened. As per a report of Traffic India, a wildlife trade monitoring body, and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in 2010, owls were found to be consumed and traded for black magic, street performances, taxidermy, private aviaries/zoos, food, folk medicines, etc. They are protected under the Wildlife (Protection) Act of India.
- Maharashtra assembly approved what percentage reservation for the Maratha community in jobs and educational institutes in Maharashtra, on 29th November 2018?
1) 10 %
2) 16 %
3) 12 %
4) 21 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 16 %
On 29th November 2018, Maharashtra assembly unanimously approved 16% reservation for the Maratha community in jobs and educational institutes. With this move, the total reservation for OBC, SC/ST groups, other minor social groups, and the Marathas in Maharashtra will be 68% from the existing 52%. The bill is named the Maharashtra State Reservation (of seats for admission in education institutions in Maharshtra and for appointments in public services and posts under the state) for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) Act, 2018. It will come into force after Maharashtra Governor C Vidyasagar Rao clears the law. The Maratha community comprises 32% population of Maharashtra. Reservation for this community has been granted based on the report by the Maharashtra State Backward Class Commission (MSBCC) which declared the Maratha community as socially and educationally backward.
- Central Water Commission (CWC) has given approval to which state for Rs.5912 worth Makedatu Project on river Cauvery?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Karnataka
On 26th November 2018, Central Water Commission (CWC) has given approval to Karnataka’s disputed Makedatu Project on river Cauvery and asked the Karnataka government to formulate detailed project report for the Makedatu Project. Makedatu is a deep gorge situated 100 km away from Bangaluru. This Rs.5912 crore project aims to alleviate the drinking water problems of Bangaluru and Ramanagara. The approval comes with a condition that Karnataka must provide Tamil Nadu with the required water from river Cauvery as prescribed by the Supreme Court.
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) has imposed a fine of _____ rupees on thermal power plants which do not meet 100% fly ash disposal criteria during electricity generation?
1) Rs 2 crore
2) Rs 5 crore
3) Rs 3 crore
4) Rs 4 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs 5 crore
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has imposed Rs 5 crore fine on thermal power plants which do not meet 100% fly ash disposal criteria during electricity generation. The Thermal Power plants on which the fine is imposed needs to deposit Rs 5 crore with Central Pollution Control Board in a month. The move intended to curb the pollution caused by the Thermal Power plants. Although Fly ash is not a major source of pollution but it affects the crop grown in its vicinity.
- India and which country signed a protocol on hygiene and inspection requirements for the exports, on 28thNovember 2018 in New Delhi?
4) United Arab Emirates
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) China
On 28th November 2018, India and China signed a protocol on hygiene and inspection requirements for the exports. The protocol was signed in New Delhi, during the visit of Chinese Vice Minister, General Administration of Customs of China Hu Wei, who led a 6-member delegation to India. This move will help India to start export of fish meal and fish oil to China. So far, China had not allowed these exports by India. It had earlier allowed import of rice from India. China imports fish oil worth USD 143.29 million per year and fish meal worth USD 263.43 million per year. Hu Wei met India’s Commerce Secretary Anup Wadhawan. They discussed issues of market access for products like milk and milk products, agricultural goods like soy meal, fruits and vegetables, tobacco and pharmaceuticals.
- Where was the first India Indonesia Business forum (IIBF) held on 29th November 2018?
1) Nagpur, Maharashtra
2) Guwahati, Assam
3) Kavaratti, Lakshadweep
4) Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
On 29th November 2018, the first ever India Indonesia Business forum (IIBF) was held at Port Blair in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The forum was held as part of policies of Delhi and Jakarta to extend their strategic partnership in the Indo-Pacific Region including Indian Ocean Region. It aimed to improve the commercial and people to people linkages between Andaman and Nicobar Islands of India with Aceh and North Sumatera Province of Indonesia. A 30-member delegation comprising members of Chamber of Commerce of Aceh, state and local enterprises, shipping and logistics companies, academics, media and officials of Foreign Ministries of India and Indonesia participated. Members of Andaman Chamber of Commerce and officials of Andaman and Nicobar Administration also participated. This edition of IIBF is a part of continuing engagements between Aceh and Andaman that started in July 2018, when the 1st Business Forum was held in Aceh.
- ‘South Asia Regional Youth Peace Conference’ was organized by Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti (GSDS) along with UNESCO- MGIEP and Standing Together to Enable Peace Trust, in _____, from 28th to 30th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Delhi
On 28th November 2018, Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti (GSDS), under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India organised a 3 day ‘South Asia Regional Youth Peace Conference’ in partnership with UNESCO- MGIEP and Standing Together to Enable Peace Trust. The conference was held at Gandhi Darshan, Rajghat, Delhi, India. The conference was organized to mark the beginning of celebration of 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The Chief Guest in the Inaugural Session was Shri Shrikrishna G Kulkarni, great grandson of Mahatma Gandhi and member of Government of India’s Committee to celebrate 150th birth anniversary of Father of the Nation. About 100 youth leaders from South Asian countries like Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka and different parts of India came together to discuss different dimensions of ‘peace’. The thematic thrust areas of the conference included Gender; Interfaith issues; Food Security in the context of Gandhian vision of village economy; Digital Media; Arts, Democracy and Dialogue.
- Name the Union Ministry that organized “Hausla 2018”, the national festival for Children of Child Care Institutions (CCIs), from 26th to 29th November 2018?
1) Ministry of Women and Child Development
2) Ministry of Human Resource Development
3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ministry of Women and Child Development
The National Festival for Children of Child Care Institutions (CCIs) – “Hausla 2018” of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) was held at Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi. It was a 4 day event, from 26 to 29th November 2018. Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi, Union Minister for Ministry of Women and Child Development and Ms. Mary Kom, Indian Olympic Boxer & Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) addressed the opening ceremony. The festival witnessed participation of more than 600 Children drawn from CCIs from 16 states in the various events like painting competition,debate, athletics meet, football, chess competition Safe Neighbourhood Project making activity and speech writing as part of the Festival. The theme for the event was “Child Safety”. The Childline India Foundation (CIF) and National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD) will be assisting the Ministry in organizing the events. The concluding ceremony was organized on 29th November (evening) at Siri Fort Auditorium, New Delhi in which a cultural programme by the children of CCIs, presentation of Best State Team Award based on performance during Hausla 2018 and Prize distribution to all winners of each individual category was held.
- National Green Tribunal imposed a fine of _____ rupees on West Bengal for non-compliance with the 2 years old directive to improve air quality in Kolkata and Howrah?
1) Rs 2 crore
2) Rs 3 crore
3) Rs 5 crore
4) Rs 7 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rs 5 crore
On 27th November 2018, The National Green Tribunal imposed a fine of Rs 5 crore to be deposited with Central Pollution Control Board within two weeks on West Bengal which fails to comply with the 2 years old directive to improve the air quality in Kolkata and Howrah. Kolkata and Howrah comes under one of the most polluted cities of the country, so In 2016 NGT recommended several measures to control pollution but West Bengal fails to comply with those direction.
- Which institute launched “Empowering People Against Hepatitis: The Empathy Campaign” to create awareness about Hepatitis B and C disease throughout India, on 26th November 2018?
1) All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
2) Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS)
3) Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)
4) National Institute of Homeopathy (NIH)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS)
On 26th November 2018, Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS) launched “Empowering People Against Hepatitis: The Empathy Campaign” to create awareness about Hepatitis B and C disease throughout India. The campaign was launched at Metro Bhawan in New Delhi. It was launched in association with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC). It is also supported by Airports Authority of India (AAI). Nearly, 60 million people in India are affected by Hepatitis virus infections that lead to liver cirrhosis and cancer. At the launch, DMRC staff took a pledge for the cause. ILBS medical and para medical staff carried out screening and vaccination for the volunteers. Over 250 DMRC staff were screened and vaccinated for hepatitis B and C in the health-check camp.
- European Union has set a goal to become the first major economy to be ‘Climate Neural’ by ____?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 2050
The European Union has set a goal to become the first major economy to be ‘Climate Neural’ by 2050 after that the emissions of greenhouse gases needs to be offset by planting trees or burying the gases underground. As per European Union, this target can be achieved by using Solar and Wind Energy for electricity generation. Climate Neutrality means the emissions are to be balanced by methods of removing warming gases from the atmosphere by planting new forests or through carbon capturing technologies.
- Where was the 3rd ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) India Business Summit held on 27thNovember 2018?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Jakarta, Indonesia
3) Beijing, China
4) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
On 27th November 2018, the 3rd ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) India Business Summit was organised by the ASEAN India Business Council (AIBC) Malaysian Chapter in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Summit consisted of 3 events: ASEAN India Business Conference, ASEAN India Business Excellence Awards and Gala Dinner. It was organized under the guidance of Ministry of International Trade and Industries. The award ceremony was presided by the Malaysian Minister of International Trade and Industry YB Datuk Ignatius Darell Leiking. ASEAN – India Business Summit honours businessmen from the ASEAN and Indian Business community with special achievement awards.
- Name the Indian who was awarded the special ASEAN – India Achievement award for the businessman of year, at the 3rd ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) India Business Summit held on 27th November 2018?
1) Sunil Kumar
2) Rakesh Vadwani
3) Pardeep Batra
4) Rai Kamal
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pardeep Batra
On 27th November 2018, the 3rd ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) India Business Summit was organised by the ASEAN India Business Council (AIBC) Malaysian Chapter in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Spice Garden group of restaurants owner Pardeep Batra was awarded the special ASEAN – India Achievement award for the businessman of year.
- Reserve Bank of India has relaxed the securitisation norms by relaxing the Minimum Holding Period (MHP) requirement. Relaxation on MHP will be allowed when the NBFC retains _____% of the book value of these loans?
1) 10 %
2) 40 %
3) 55 %
4) 20 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 20 %
The Reserve Bank of India in a move to make more liquidity available to non-banking finance firms (NBFCs), has issued a circular to relax the securitisation norms by relaxing the Minimum Holding Period (MHP) requirement. The NBFC sector is facing liquidity shortage after Infrastructure Leasing & Finance Services, a core investment company, started defaulting on loans. The cost of funds has gone up for the non-banking finance firms putting pressure on profitability. NBFCs are now allowed to securitise loans with maturity of more than five years after holding them for six months on their books, as compared to one year earlier. The relaxation on the MHP will be allowed when the NBFC retains 20% of the book value of these loans and it shall be applicable to securitisation / assignment transactions carried out during a period of six months from the date of issuance of the said circular.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that, the interest subsidy that exporters get under the ‘Interest Equalisation Scheme on Pre and Post Shipment Rupee Export Credit’ has been increased to what percent from 3%?
1) 7 %
2) 5 %
3) 8 %
4) 10 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 5 %
In order to boost MSME sector exports, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said the interest subsidy that exporters get under the ‘Interest Equalisation Scheme on Pre and Post Shipment Rupee Export Credit’ has been increased to 5% from 3%.
- National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) has stated that Indian economy is projected to grow at 7% -____ % in the current fiscal year?
1) 7.3 %
2) 7.5 %
3) 7.4 %
4) 7.2 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 7.4 %
On 29th November 2018, economic policy think-tank, National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) said that Indian economy is projected to grow at 7-7.4 % in the current fiscal citing comfortable agricultural sector outlook and a marked improvement in the external sector. According to a report by the NCAER, the real agriculture Gross Value Added (GVA) is envisaged to grow at 3 per cent and real industry GVA at 7 per cent in 2018-19. The growth rates of exports and imports, in dollar terms, are estimated at 11.8 percent and 16.9 percent respectively. According to NCAER’s Mid-Year Review of the Economy these forecasts at constant prices are based on NCAER’s annual GDP macro model. The current account balance and central fiscal deficit, as percentages of GDP, are projected at -2.3 percent and 3.2 percent respectively. NCAER also estimated that the combined output of Kharif and Rabi food grains during the current year may be in the region of 290 million tonnes, which is slightly higher than last year’s record output.
- Bain & Company’s latest report states that, India has the fastest growing online retail market among top global economies, with India’s online retail market having a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of what percentage from 2013 to 2017?
1) 53 %
2) 67 %
3) 48 %
4) 76 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 53 %
Consultancy firm Bain & Company’s latest report states that, India has the fastest growing online retail market among top global economies. According to the report, India’s online retail market had a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 53% from 2013 to 2017. This rapid growth is due to heavily discount-driven e-commerce marketplaces, improvement in delivery infrastructure and increased smartphone penetration and data usage. India’s total e-commerce retail sales in 2017 was nearly $20 billion. As per the studies, another $50 billion of online e-commerce could be introduced by adding new users and bringing back the currently inactive old users. Inspite of the rapid growth, online retail penetration in India is low at 5% compared to markets like China (20%) and the US (12%). India was in 8th rank in terms of online retail penetration among 11 countries. In India, consumer electronics segment has the highest online penetration (17%, which is e-commerce sales as percentage of total retail sales). It is followed by apparel and footwear (9%) and beauty and personal care (1%). Food & grocery had overall retail sales of nearly $530 billion in 2017. It has one of the lowest online penetrations at 0.1%.
- Vijay Varma and _____ are the two Indian Navy officers who were honoured with the 7th ‘Asian of The Year’ awards, at the Straits Times Global Outlook Forum 2019, in Singapore, on 28th November 2018?
1) Ravi Sharma
2) P Rajkumar
3) Shiv Ganesh
4) Ranjan Rao
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) P Rajkumar
On 28th November 2018, An Indian Navy Commander (Pilot) Vijay Varma and Captain (Pilot) P Rajkumar were honoured at the 7th ‘Asian of The Year’awards acknowledging their selfless service and bravery in rescue operations during the devastating floods in Kerala. The winners were announced at the Straits Times Global Outlook Forum 2019 held in Singapore. Commander Varma, 42, winched up a pregnant woman who gave birth just after being airlifted to safety, during the rescue operation in a district of the port city of Kochi. Captain Rajkumar, 54, winched 26 people up from a rooftop in Kochi while hovering between trees and other houses besides pulling up a wheelchair-bound pregnant woman. Rajkumar ended up with 32 people on board. The award was presented to them by The Straits Times, a well-known Singapore daily. Centre for Humanitarian Assistance on Disaster Management (AHA Centre).
- Which organization has added Jamaican reggae, Georgian wrestling, Japanese raiho-shin rituals etc. to its list of “intangible heritage”?
1) UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Fund)
2) UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)
3) WHO (World Health Organization)
4) AIBA (International Boxing Association)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)
On 29th November 2018, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) added Jamaican reggae, Georgian wrestling and Japanese raiho-shin rituals as among the new elements to its list of “intangible heritage” for the world to treasure and improve the visibility of often little-known and understood arts traditions. The announcement came at a gathering of the Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage in Mauritius, which is meeting till December 1 to inscribe new elements to its much coveted intangible heritage list. Every year UNESCO updates its Intangible Cultural Heritage Lists, which seeks to ensure that traditions of essential cultural significance are preserved. The concept of protected list was started in 2008.
- Who was appointed the next Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the World Gold Council, on 28th November 2018?
1) Russell Steve
2) David Tait
3) Orson Hodge
4) Carlos Sollis
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) David Tait
On 28th November 2018, the market development organization for the gold industry, The World Gold Council announced the appointment of David Tait who has a very successful career in the financial services industry as the incoming Chief Executive Officer (CEO). David began his professional career at Goldman Sachs. Before his appointment as the CEO of World Gold Council, he worked as the Global Head of Fixed Income Macro Products at Credit Suisse.
- United Nations World Meteorological Organization’s annual report states that Global temperature may rise by 3-___ degree Celsius by the end of this century?
1) 6 degree Celsius
2) 5 degree Celsius
3) 4 degree Celsius
4) 8 degree Celsius
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 5 degree Celsius
On 29th November 2018, United Nations World Meteorological Organization in its annual report said that Global temperature may rise by 3-5 degree Celsius by the end of this century, which is higher than the target to limit the increase in temperature to 2 degrees Celsius or less. As per United Nations, the Greenhouse gas concentration are at a record level and if this trend continues the earth temperature will rise significantly. It is vital to limit the rise in Global temperature to 2 Degree Celsius in order to avert extreme weather conditions, rising sea levels and loss of plants and animal species. As per 2015 Paris Climate Conference, Countries pledged to limit the rise in the temperature to 2C by reducing the use of fossil fuels which are the primary cause of Global Warming.
- International Boxing Association (AIBA) has announced that it will introduce a “Protest System” for coaches and boxers in 2019 Mens World Championship to be held in which location?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Tokyo, Japan
3) Bangkok, Thailand
4) Moscow, Russia
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Moscow, Russia
On 29th November 2018, The International Boxing Association (AIBA) announced that it will introduce a “Protest System” for coaches and boxers in next year’s Mens World Championship to be held in Moscow, Russia which will also acts as a qualifier for 2020 Olympic Games. The proposed new system for boxers and coaches has been tested at the 2018 Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires and recently concluded Women’s World Championship in Delhi.
- When was the Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare observed across the world?
1) November 28
2) November 29
3) November 30
4) November 26
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) November 30
On 30th November 2018, Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare was observed all over the world. The United Nations observes the Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare on 30th November each year. This day offers an opportunity to pay tribute to the victims of chemical warfare, and to reaffirm the commitment of Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) to eliminate the threat of chemical weapons. This day also promotes the goals of peace, security, and multilateralism.
- The International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People is observed by United Nations on 29th November as a reminder to the unresolved unrest caused after which country occupied East Jerusalem in the 1967 war?
3) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Israel
On 29th November every year since 1977 United Nations organizes “The International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People” as a reminder to the unresolved unrest caused after Israel Occupied East Jerusalem in the 1967 Six-day war. On 29th November which is also known as Solidarity Day, United Nations adopted the Resolution 181, the partition plan for Palestine in 1947. Israel see entire city of Jerusalem as its Capital whereas Palestinians see the eastern sector as the Capital of their new future state. United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres proposed a two state solution to bring desired long lasting solution to the problem.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- When was Saubhagya – ‘Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana’ launched?September 2017
- What is the state animal of Manipur?Sangai Deer
- Where is Gugamal National Park located?Maharashtra
- Name the Secretary General and headquarters of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)?Secretary-General – Lim Jock Hoi; Headquarters – Jakarta, Indonesia
- The President of National Council of Applied Economic Research is ____?Nandan Nilekani