AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs December 1 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which organization published “Crime in India – 2016” Report?
1. Intelligence Beureau
3. National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB)
4. Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
5. National Security Guard (NSG)Answer – 3. National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB)
Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh released ‘Crime in India – 2016’ published by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB). Number of Murder cases across India decreased by 5.2% from 2015-16. In 2015, 32127 cases were reported, which reduced to 30450 cases in 2016. Number of cases under Rioting decreased by 5% in 2015-16. In 2016, 61974 cases were reported as compared to 65255 cases in 2015.
- With which country, India had signed MoU for cooperation in Agriculture and Phytosanitary issues?
5. RussiaAnswer – 3. Italy
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Italy for cooperation in Agriculture and Phytosanitary issues. Cabinet approves investment cooperation and facilitation treaty between India and Brazil. Cabinet approves transfer of landed assets owned by Hindustan Vegetable Oils Corporation Ltd. to Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Totally how many houses are sanctioned under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) ?
1. 31.66 lakh
2. 30.52 lakh
3. 32.45 lakh
4. 33.33 lakh
5. 35.00 lakhAnswer –2. 30.52 lakh
Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (HUA) has approved the construction of additional 1.12 lakh affordable houses for urban poor under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban), PMAY (U). Construction of these additional houses will entail an investment of Rs 8105 crore, out of which, Central Government will provide an assistance of Rs 1681 crore. Including these 1.12 lakh houses, total number of houses sanctioned under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) has reached 30.52 lakh. Under PMAY(U), the government has set a target to provide houses to all urban poor by 2022.
- In which state, the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) conducted regional level Marine Oil Pollution Response Exercise titled ‘Clean Sea – 2017’?
1. Andaman Nicobar
2. Tamil Nadu
4. Lakshadweep Island
5. Odisha CoastAnswer – 1. Andaman Nicobar
Indian Coast Guard (ICG) conducted regional level Marine Oil Pollution Response Exercise titled ‘Clean Sea – 2017’ at sea off Port Blair, Andaman Nicobar Islands. Objective of this exercise was to ascertain preparedness of the ICG in responding to a major oil spill in accordance with provisions of NOS-DCP (National Oil Spill Disaster Contingency Plan). Particiopation of one ICG Pollution Control Vessel (PCV) and Indian Coast Guard Dornier/Chetak aircraft aircraft were the key highlights of this exercise. The exercise was conducted under observation of Coast Guard Regional Commander, KR Suresh.
- Which state inaugurated Hindustan Times Leadership Summit (HTLS) 2017?
3. New Delhi
5. UttarkhandAnswer -3. New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit (HTLS) 2017 in New Delhi. The theme of this summit is “The Irreversible Rise of India”.During the summit, eminent world leaders like former US President Barack Obama and Afghanistan Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah shared their perspectives on India’s rise in the world. Other speakers at the summit included, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, Bollywood Actor Salman Khan and Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani. HT Leadership Summit is being held annually since last 14 years and has served as a platform for revolutionary ideas.
- In which state, the Joint Indo-United Kingdom (UK) army training exercise ‘Ajeya Warrior 2017’ was held at?
5. RajasthanAnswer – 5. Rajasthan
Joint Indo-United Kingdom (UK) army training exercise ‘Ajeya Warrior 2017′ begun at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges, Bikaner, Rajasthan on December 1, 2017. Ajeya Warrior 2017’ will be the third joint military exercise between India and UK. First exercise was conducted in 2013 in Belgaum, Karnataka and second exercise was conducted in 2015 in UK. In the last few year, Mahajan Field Firing Ranges in Bikaner has been developed into a world-class training node and is being used by Indian Army for joint exercises with friendly foreign countries.
- Which state Government passed the bill named ‘Green University Bill 2017’ to set up an environmental studies university in the state?
2. West Bengal
5. Madhya PradeshAnswer – 2. West Bengal
A bill named ‘West Bengal Green University Bill 2017’ has been passed in West Bengal Assembly to set up an environmental studies university at Hooghly district. State Education Minister Partha Chatterjee tabled the Bill in Assembly and West Bengal becomes the first state to have a university dedicated to environmental studies. Two other bills were also passed to establish the Purba Medinipur University and the Jhargram University.
- Which state created “WE-Hub” for women entrepreneurs?
1. Andhra Pradesh
4. Tamil Nadu
5. TelanganaAnswer – 5. Telangana
During the end of 3-day mega Global Entrepreneurship Summit – 2017, Telangana Minister for IT and Industries KT Rama Rao stated that 3 initiatives for women entrepreneurs including setting up ‘We-Hub’ on the lines of T-Hub and also to create Rs 15 crore fund. CEO of NITI Aayog Amitabh Kant along with Telangana Government announced it will back the proposed WE-Hub with funds under the Atal Innovation Mission. Minister also informed about a plan to change in procurement policy of the mandated 20 percent purchases from SME (small amd medium-sized enterprises) sector.
- Which state of India celebrates Hornbill Festival?
5. TripuraAnswer – 2. Nagaland
Shri Ram Nath Kovind , the President of India inaugurated the Hornbill Festival and State Formation Day celebrations of Nagaland in Kisama. The Hornbill Festival at Kisama and the International Music Festival represent the diversity of Naga society. Hornbill Festival will be celebrated every year from 1 – 10 December, in Nagaland, Northeast India. It is also called the ‘Festival of Festivals’. The aim of the festival is to revive and protect the rich culture of Nagaland and display its extravaganza and traditions.
- Which state will host “Kathakar: International Storytellers Festival”?
1. New Delhi
5. MaharashtraAnswer – 1. New Delhi
Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the 7th edition of three day ‘Kathakar: International Storytellers Festival’ at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts ( IGNCA), New Delhi. This festival will be hosted in the cities of Delhi, Gurugram, Noida and Mumbai. Members participated – Member of Parliament, Shri Manoj Tiwari, Film maker and composer Shri Vishal Bhardwaj, singer and musician Shri Mohit Chauhan, Australian High Commissioner to India Mr Harinder Sidhu and Member Secretary, IGNCA, Dr Sachchidanand Joshi. ‘Curious Tales from the Himalayas’ co-authored by Shaguna Gahilote and Prarthana Gahilote was launched during this event.
- In which country, the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit 2017 was held at?
5. AustraliaAnswer – 2. Russia
Union External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj visited Russian city of Sochi to attend the annual Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit.i. SCO Summit 2017 was held on November 30 and December 1, 2017. Discussions at the SCO Summit focused on regional security scenario including the situation in the Gulf and Afghanistan. At the summit, India pressed for concerted regional and global efforts to contain terrorism. Ms Sushma Swaraj also held bilateral meetings with several leaders on the sidelines of the summit.
- In which state, The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) announced its first impact bond across the globe?
5. BiharAnswer – 2. Rajasthan
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) announced its first impact bond across the globe by launching ‘Rajasthan Development Impact Bond’. Mark Green, administrator of USAID stated that this aim of bond is to reduce the number of mother and baby deaths by improving the quality of maternal care in Rajasthan’s health infrastructure.`Utkrisht Impact Bond ‘- Utkrisht is the world’s first health impact bond, developed by partners including USAID, Merck for Mothers, the UBS Optimus Foundation, HLFPPT and PSI.
- According to the new norms of SEBI, the existing independent trustees and independent directors have been permitted to hold office for a maximum of how many years?
5. 17Answer – 2. 10
In a bid to strengthen the governance structure for mutual funds, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has introduced a framework for the tenure of independent trustees as well as directors. An independent trustee and independent director of MF (mutual fund), AMC (asset management company) will hold office for a maximum of two terms. Each term should not exceed a period of five consecutive years. Such individuals will be eligible for re-appointment only after a cooling-off period of three years, during which, such individuals should not be associated with the concerned mutual fund, asset management company (AMC) in any manner.
- Where is the Headquarters of India Index Services and Products Ltd (IISL) located?
5. MumbaiAnswer – 5. Mumbai
Quick Facts about India Index Services and Products Ltd (IISL):
♦ Founded in – 1998
♦ Headquarters – Mumbai
♦ Owned by – National Stock Exchange (NSE)
- India’s which currency note had completed its 100 years?
1. 1 Rupee note
2. 2 Rupee note
3. 5 Rupee note
4. 10 Rupee note
5. 20 Rupee noteAnswer – 1. 1 Rupee note
India’s 1 Rupee currency note completed 100 years. First Rupee 1 note was printed in England and was issued in India on November 30, 1917. It had an image of King George V (the then British monarch) imprinted on the left corner. During British Rule, currency notes were being issued in India since 1861. However, the Rupee 1 note was issued much later in 1917 to replace the silver coin that was used as Re1 coin. This change was implemented to use silver for making weaponry components during World War.
- Name the movie which won tve’s Global Sustainability Film award 2017 in London?
2. Lipstick Under My Burkha
3. A death in the Gunj
5. Secret SuperstarAnswer – 2. Lipstick Under My Burkha
In London “Lipstick Under My Burkha”, which explores womens sexuality, has bagged a top prize at the tve Global Sustainability Film Awards 2017.” Lipstick Under My Burkha” is produced by Prakash Jha and directed by Alankrita Shrivastava and stars Konkona SenSharma and Ratna Pathak Shah.i. Actor Gabriella Wright, also a film producer and philanthropist working for womens rights, received the award from Narula, on behalf of the filmmakers.
- Name the boxer who has resigned as the national observer for Indian boxing?
1. Shiva Thapa
2. Akhil Kumar
3. Mary Kom
4. Sathish Kumar
5. Devendro SinghAnswer – 3. Mary Kom
Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore had cleared that active sportspersons will not be considered for the boxing’s national observer position. Due to this, 35-year-old Olympic bronze-medallist and five-time world champion MC Mary Kom has resigned as the national observer for Indian boxing. In March 2017, Mary was among 12 national observers appointed by the former Sports Minister Vijay Goel.
- Datally app was introduced by __________?
5. TwitterAnswer – 2. Google
Google launched Datally App to understand,control and save users mobile data themselves. Datally App available on the Google Play Store, will enable users to track their data usage in real time, and get personalized recommendations on saving data along with notifications of nearby available public Wi-Fi spots.
- Who wins the ‘Best Boxer’ title in AIBA Women’s Youth World Championship 2017?
1. Kavitha Chahaal
2. Kavitha Goyat
3. Sakshi Malik
5. Nikat ZareenAnswer – 4. Ankushita
Ankushita Boro 17-year-old girl from Assam won ‘The Best Boxer title’ in AIBA World Youth Women’s Boxing Championship held in Guwahati. Ankushita Boro won the fifth gold with her bout against Russia’s Ekaterina Dynnik in the 64kg final. Four boxers from Haryana – Nitu in light flyweight (45-48 kg), Jyoti in flyweight (51 kg), Sakshi in bantamweight (54 kg) and Shashi Chopra in featherweight (57 kg) – won gold in the first four final bouts. Assam’s Ankushita Boro added the fifth in welterweight (64 kg) category.
- Who grabbed the title of IBSF World Snooker Championship at Al-Arabi Sports Club in Doha,Qatar?
1. Stephen Henry
2. Mark Williams
3. Pankaj Advani
4. Jimmy White
5. Judd TrumpAnswer – 3. Pankaj Advani
Ace Indian cueist Pankaj Advani grabbed the title of IBSF World Snooker Championship at Al-Arabi Sports Club in Doha,Qatar. He defeated Iran’s Amir Sarkhosh in the finals and secured his 18th World Championship title.
- Abi, who was also called Habeeb Ahamed belongs to which profession?
5. ResearcherAnswer – 2. Actor
Popular Malayalam actor and mimicry artist Abi, 52 passed away at a Kochi hospital. Abi’s real name is Habeeb Ahamed, is survived by wife Sunila and children Ahana, Aleena and Shane Nigam. His son Shane Nigam is also a popular film actor.
- Who is Saraswati Tripathy?
3. Freedom Fighter
5. MinisterAnswer – 3. Freedom Fighter
Prominent Gandhian and freedom fighter Saraswati Tripathy , 89 passed away at Bhubaneswar ,Odisha. She was a wife of late freedom fighter Brundaban Tripathy is survived by four sons and a daughter. Saraswati Tripathy had met Mahatma Gandhi at Beraboi Ashram in Puri district and joined the freedom struggle. She was spending her lifetime by supervising the activities at Thakar Bapa Ashram at Balipadia village in Jajpur district .
- Sreerupa Mukherjee belongs to which sport?
5. AthleteAnswer – 2. Cricket
Former Indian women’s cricket team player and coach Sreerupa Mukherjee who was 65 years old had passed away.She was the first woman cricket selector from Bengal.She was also a well-known sports commentator for Doordarshan and All India Radio through mid 1980’s and till late 90’s. Sreerupa had played two One Day Internationals for India against New Zealand and was along time Bengal captain. She was also the cricket manager of the Indian women’s team during three World Cups — 1993, 1997 and 2000.
- What is the theme of World AIDS Day 2017?
1. Awareness to people
2. Remove the AIDS
3. Right to Life
4. My Health ,My Right
5. No AIDS IndiaAnswer – 4. “My Health, My Right”
World AIDS Day is observed on December 1 every year. This day is dedicated to spreading awareness about AIDS, which spreads due to infection from the virus called HIV. World Health Organization has marked this day as global public health campaign. The Theme of World AIDS Day 2017 is “My Health, My Right”. According to CDC, in 2016, an estimated 36.7 million people worldwide were living with HIV, about 1 million people died from AIDS-related illnesses, and 1.8 million people become newly infected with HIV.
- On what date the Border Security Force (BSF) celebrated its 52nd Raising Day?
1. December 1
2. December 2
3. December 3
4. December 4
5. December 5Answer – 1. December 1
The Border Security Force (BSF) celebrated its 52nd Raising Day.It was established on December 1,1965. BSF stand as the world’s largest border security force. It is one of five Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) and currently headed by Director General KK Sharma.
Static GK Questions from Current Affairs
- What is the capital of Qatar?Answer – Doha
- Where is the headquarters of SEBI located?Answer –Mumbai, Maharashtra
- How many member states are there in SCO?Answer – 8
- What is the Capital city of Nagaland?Answer – Kohima
- When is Coast Guard Day celebrated in India?Answer – 1st February