Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- How many new caste have been include in the Central list of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) by the Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 30, 2016?
Answer – C.15
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 30, 2016, approved inclusion of 15 new castes and modification in 13 other castes in the Central list of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in 8 states —Assam, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Uttarakhand.
- How much amount has been approved by the Union Cabinet, to provide Central Assistance to 36,384 displaced families from Pakistan occupied areas of Jammu & Kashmir (POJK) and Chhamb under the Prime Minister’s Development Package for Jammu & Kashmir 2015 ?
A.Rs. 3600 crore
B.Rs. 2150 crore
C.Rs. 4500 crore
D.Rs. 2000 crore
Answer – D.Rs. 2000 crore
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has approved a Central Assistance of Rs. 2000 crore for 36,384 displaced families from Pakistan occupied areas of Jammu & Kashmir (POJK) and Chhamb based on an announcement of Prime Minister’s Development Package for Jammu & Kashmir-2015 in November, 2015. Rs. 5.5 lakh cash benefit per family will be disburseD.
- Which country has become the first in the world to officially authorize the use of “three-parent baby” fertility treatments on December 1, 2016 to enable women with mitochondrial disease to have a healthy child?
Answer – B.Britain
British scientists on December 1, 2016, gave green signal to the use of “three-parent baby” fertility treatments, thus becoming the first in the world to officially introduce the procedures. The technique could enable women with mitochondrial disease to have a healthy child, without the fear of passing on the disease to new born babies with conditions having multiple disabilities and indeed life-limiting impairments.
- Who has approved the merger of Bharatiya Mahila Bank Ltd (BMBL) with the country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) in the last week of November 2016 ?
A.Reserve bank of India
B.Competition Commission of India
C.All India Bank Employees Association
D.Ministry of Finance
Answer – B.Competition Commission of India (CCI)
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) in the last week of November 2016 approved the merger of Bharatiya Mahila Bank Ltd (BMBL) with the country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI). After the merger the banking organisation will have a network of more than 24,000 branches, 2,70,000 employees and total assets of Rs 30 lakh crore.
- With which country India has signed a deal to buy 145 M-777 Ultra-Light Howitzers artillery guns worth Rs 5,000 crore under the Foreign Military Sales programme on November 30, 2016 ?
Answer – B.United States
India and United States (US) has signed a deal to buy 145 M-777 Ultra-Light Howitzers worth $750 million (Rs 5,000 crore) under the Foreign Military Sales programme that will be deployed in high-altitude areas in Arunachal Pradesh and Ladakh, bordering China.
- Which chess champion has won the world Chess championship which was played in New York City, USA between 11 and 30 November, 2016?
Answer – A.Magnus Carlsen
World champion Magnus Carlsen of Norway won the world Chess championship which was played in New York City, USA between 11 and 30 November, 2016 by defeating Russian challenger Sergey Karjakin. This was his third win of the world championship match
- Which bank has launched a new digital transaction service named SIMsePAY, that allows customers of the bank to do money transfers, pay bills and other mobile banking services, without the need for smart phones or internet ?
Answer – C.Yes Bank
Private sector lender Yes Bank has launched a new digital transaction service through mobile phones named SIMsePAY, that allows any account holder to do money transfers, pay utility bills and other mobile banking services, without the need for smart phones or internet.
- According to the Times Higher Education’s (THE) BRICS and Emerging Economies University Rankings 2017 which Indian Institute has been ranked in the top 15 among 300 global universities?
B.Indian Institute of Science
Answer – B.Indian Institute of Science
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has become the first Indian institute to be placed in the top 15 universities among top 300 universities in the latest Times Higher Education’s (THE) BRICS and Emerging Economies University Rankings 2017.
- Which Bank has launched Aadhaar Payment Bridge System (APBS) on November 30, 2016 to disburse micro-finance loan amounts directly in Aadhaar-enabled bank accounts to promote cashless loan disbursements
Answer – B.RBL Bank
Maharashtra based private sector lender RBL Bank has launched Aadhaar Payment Bridge System (APBS) on November 30, 2016, for small ticket micro-finance loan disbursements. It has been developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) mainly to process government subsidies or direct benefit transfer (DBT) to various government scheme beneficiaries.
- Who has been conferred with the second ICCR ‘Distinguished Indologist’ Award bt the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee on December 1, 2016 at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi ?
A.Professor Pandurang Vaman Kane
B.Professor Heinrich Von Stietencron
C.Professor Yu Long Yu
D.Professor David Shulman
Answer – C.Professor Yu Long Yu
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee presented the second ICCR ‘Distinguished Indologist’ Award to Prof. Yu Long Yu of the People’s Republic of China on December 1, 2016 at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
- How many elements have been added to the periodic table chart on November 30, 2016?
Answer – D.4
On November 30, 2016, the periodic table got larger after 4 new elements were officially named and added to the chart. Newly included elements are: nihonium, moscovium, tennessine and oganesson.
- Which of the following elements has been discovered by Japanese scientist and literally means ‘the land of the rising sun’ ?
Answer – A.Nihonium
On November 30, 2016, the periodic table got larger after four new elements were officially named and added to the chart, including ‘nihonium’ which is the first ever element to be discovered by Japanese scientists. The new name for element 113, nihonium, symbol Nh, a highly radioactive element with an extremely short half-life, comes from Japan’s name in Japanese ‘nihon’, literally ‘the land of the rising sun’.
- According to the Central Statistics Office (CSO) the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of Indian economy has grown at the rate of __________ in the second quarter of FY17.
Answer – B.7.3%
The Central Statistics Office (CSO) has estimated the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of Indian economy has grown at the rate of 7.3% in the second quarter of FY17, which is up from the 7.1% recorded in the previous three months.
- Which space tech firm has signed a verified commercial launch contract with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on December 1, 2016, for its mission to land a spacecraft on the moon with an aim to win Google Lunar XPRIZE?
Answer – A.TeamIndus
Bangalore-based space tech firm TeamIndus on December 1, 2016 signed a verified commercial launch contract with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for its mission to land a spacecraft on the moon. The move is an attempt to win Google Lunar XPRIZE, a competition to challenge and inspire engineers and entrepreneurs from around the world to develop low-cost methods of robotic space exploration.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has added Cuba’s______and Belgian ______ to its coveted list of “intangible” cultural heritage at the meeting held in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa on November 30, 2016.
A.Rumba dance, Beaches
D.Rumba dance, Beer
Answer – D.Rumba, Beer
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) added Cuba’s rumba dance and Belgian beer to its coveted list of “intangible” cultural heritage at the meeting held in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa on November 30, 2016. The UN body also included Portuguese pottery and Ugandan traditional music into the Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding.
- The 10-day long Hornbill Festivalis celebrated in which state of India?
Answer – C.Nagaland
The 10-day long Hornbill Festival began at the Naga Heritage village Kisama, Nagaland on December 1, 2016, which is coinciding with the Statehood Day of Nagaland.The day is celebratd to revive, protect and preserve the richness and uniqueness of the Naga heritage
- Which High Court has removed the ban on 344 Fixed Dose Combination (FDC) drugs on December 1, 2016?
A.Allahabad High Court
B.Kolkata High Court
C.Delhi High Court
D.Kerala High Court
Answer – C.Delhi High Court
The Delhi High Court on December 1, 2016 agreed with pharmaceutical companies to set aside the ban on 344 fixed dose combination (FDC) drugs like Corex cough syrup, Vicks Action 500 extra and D’ColD.The FDC is banned under Section 26A (Power to Prohibit Manufacture of Drugs and Cosmetics in Public Interest) of Drugs and Cosmetics Act.
- With which country China has launched direct rail & sea freight service as a part of economic corridor project of the two countries launched in 2015?
Answer – C.Pakistan
China and Pakistan launched the direct rail & sea freight service between Kunming and Karachi as a part of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project (CPEC) which was launched in 2015
- Name the legendary poet and activist,known for his poems like Naanga Manushangada, who passed away in Chennai on December 1, 2016.
A.Makkal Pavalar Inkulab
C.Kethu Viswanatha Reddy
D.Mangesh Keshav Padgaonkar
Answer – A.Makkal Pavalar Inkulab
Legendary poet and activist Makkal Pavalar Inkulab passed away in Chennai on December 1, 2016. He was a rationalist writer and professor of Tamil literature. He was known for his poems like Naanga Manushangada (We are human beings) and Avvai, a drama.
- Shriram Gojamgunde who passed away in Mumbai on December 1, 2016 at 71 was a renowned ___________ ?
Answer – C.Actor
Noted Marathi film maker and actor Shriram Gojamgunde passed away in Mumbai on December 1, 2016. He was 71. Gojamgunde well known for the movie “Zatpat Karu De Khatpat”, which led to other film makers from the region take up producing films.
- Who has been appointed as the President of the All India Tennis Association on December 1, 2016 ?
B.Rajkumari Amrit Kaur
Answer – C.Praveen Mahajan
Senior bureaucrat Praveen Mahajan is appointed as the President of the All India Tennis Association on December 1, 2016. She will replace Anil KhannA.Mahajan became the second woman preseident of AITA after Rajkumari Amrit Kaur.
- Which state has directed its Rajbhawan Staff to adopt Cashless System for all kinds of Transactions to comply with Prime Minister’s Digital economy Decision?
Answer – C.Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh, Governor Acharya Devvrat has directed the Raj Bhawan staff in Shimla to adopt cashless system or cheque in all kind of payments to ensure that all transactions are made online. Himachal Rajbhawan is the first in country to adopt these cashless techniques so promptly.
- BHEL has commissioned thefirst unit of the 4×30 MW Pulichintala Hydroelectric project(HEP) on December 1, 2016 in which district of Andhra Pradesh ?
Answer – B.Guntur
New Delhi based BHEL has commissioned the first unit of the 4×30 MW Pulichintala Hydroelectric project (HEP) on December 1, 2016 in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh on the river Krishna.
- What is the theme of World Aids day 2016?
A.Hands up for HIV Prevention.
B.Getting to zero
C.Sharing the Challenge to eliminate HIV
D.Together we will end HIV
Answer – A.Hands up for HIV Prevention.
Explanation: World Aids Day has been held on 1 December every year since 1988. It is dedicated to raising awareness of the disease caused by the spread of HIV. The theme of this year’s event is Hands up for HIV Prevention. The campaign looks at ways to improve prevention strategies, identifying key areas among specific groups of people who are vulnerable to transmission.
- Who flagged off the trail run of the lucknow metro rail service from Transport Nagar Metro depot to8.5 km stretch Charbaghstation on December 1, 2016.
Answer – A.Akhilesh Yadav
The opening ceremony of the Uttar Pradesh government’s Lucknow Metro Service was held at Transport Nagar Metro depot, near Amausi airport in Lucknow, on December 1, 2016. The trial run of the metro was flagged off up to 8.5 km stretch Charbagh station by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and his father Mulayam Singh Yadav.
- North-Eastern Space Applications Centre (NE-SAC) of the Indian Space Research Organisation which tested unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) to assess several regional problems, like measuring diseased paddy fields is located in which state?
Answer – B.Meghalaya
Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) Shillong-based North-Eastern Space Applications Centre (NE-SAC) has tested Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVS) to map various problems and disasters ranging from measuring diseased paddy fields to damage caused by frequent landslides in the north eastern region of the country. NE-SAC, located at Umiam (near Shillong), Meghalaya, was started in the year 2000.