AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 9 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On August 9, 2017, India celebrated _____ anniversary of the Quit India Movement
5.79thAnswer – 1.75th
The Quit India Movement was an important milestone in the Indian freedom struggle. Under the leadership of Mahatma Gandhi, people across India came together to uproot imperialism. A number of events were planned at organisational and local levels to mark the 75th anniversary of Quit India Movement.
- Government will soon expand operation of Logistics Data Bank (LDB) project to India’s southern region. Logistics Data Bank (LDB) project was unveiled in:
5.July 2017Answer – 2.July 2016
Logistics Data Bank (LDB) project was unveiled in July 2016 at the Jawaharlal Nehru Port, Mumbai with an aim to bring efficiency in the current Logistics & Supply Chain environment through use of information technology that would be helpful for tracking and viewing the movement of containers across the port.
- Under ‘Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital (SATH)’ initiative, NITI Aayog has selected which three states to improve healthcare delivery and key outcomes within those States?
1.Uttar Pradesh, Assam, and Karnataka
2.Uttar Pradesh, Assam, and Andhra Pradesh
3.Madhya Pradesh, Assam, and Karnataka
4.Uttar Pradesh, Sikkim, and Karnataka
5.Uttar Pradesh, Assam, and GujaratAnswer – 1.Uttar Pradesh, Assam, and Karnataka
On August 8, 2017, NITI Aayog announced partnership with six states (with three states for health sector reforms and three states for education sector reforms) under its Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital (SATH) initiative. NITI Aayog has selected Uttar Pradesh, Assam, and Karnataka to improve healthcare delivery and key outcomes in these States. For Education sector, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, and Jharkhand have been selected for support to better learning outcomes.
- The government has formed a committee in its bid to make drugs more affordable in the country. The committee would suggest ways to make pricing policy in favour of poor patients and would also review the scope of:
1.Drugs (Price Control) Order 2010
2.Drugs (Price Control) Order 2011
3.Drugs (Price Control) Order 2012
4.Drugs (Price Control) Order 2013
5.Drugs (Price Control) Order 2014Answer – 4.Drugs (Price Control) Order 2013
Government has constituted a committee of joint secretaries for ensuring enhanced affordability, availability and accessibility of drugs for the citizens. The committee would suggest ways to make pricing policy in favour of poor patients. The committee would also review the scope of Drugs (Price Control) Order 2013 and suggest ways for strengthening the regulatory provisions of the order.
- As per a survey released by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, almost all rural households in _____ and ______ had access to a toilet.
1.Gujarat and Kerala
2.Gujarat and West Bengal
3.Kerala and Telangana
4.Telangana and Haryana
5.Kerala and HaryanaAnswer – 5.Kerala and Haryana
According to the survey, almost all rural households in Kerala and Haryana had access to a toilet. The survey was released by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation and was carried out by the Quality Council of India (QCI). Bihar and Uttar Pradesh have least access to toilets compared to other states.
- Which Asian country will soon open a new diplomatic station in Chennai?
5.ChinaAnswer – 1.Bangladesh
Bangladesh will soon open a new diplomatic station in Chennai. The new station is likely to focus on medical tourism and educational centres that draw thousands of Bangladeshi citizens to India every year.
- India has become _______ country to accept the amendment relating to the second commitment period of the Kyoto Protocol – the international emissions reduction treaty.
5.95thAnswer – 2.80th
India has ratified the second commitment period of the Kyoto Protocol that commits countries to contain the emission of greenhouse gases, reaffirming its stand on climate action. India’s Permanent Mission to the UN said that India has deposited its Instrument of Acceptance of the Doha Amendment to the Kyoto Protocol under the UN Convention on Climate Change on August 8, 2017.
- On the global retirement index of 43 countries, India has ranked:
5.43rdAnswer – 5.43rd
The index by French asset management company Natixis Global, ranks countries on the basis of four factors — the material means to live comfortably in retirement; access to quality financial services to help preserve savings value and maximize income; access to quality health services; and a clean and safe environment. On all four, India has ranked the lowest. Switzerland, Norway and Iceland are the top three countries.
- Government of which Gulf country has announced that citizens belonging to 80 countries, including India can now enter the country without the need of applying for a visa?
5.OmanAnswer – 4.Qatar
The Qatari government has announced that citizens belonging to 80 countries including India, Canada, US and UK can now enter Qatar without the need of applying for a visa. This step aims to encourage more people to travel to the nation and discover its renowned hospitality, cultural heritage and natural treasures.
- Which bank has partnered with digital payments company Zeta, to launch a payment solution for corporates that digitizes employee spends and claims?
2.State Bank of India
5.Federal BankAnswer – 3.IDFC Bank
IDFC Bank has partnered with digital payments company Zeta, to launch ‘IDFC Bank Benefits’. ‘IDFC Bank Benefits’ is a payment solution for corporates that digitizes employee spends and claims, making the process simple, real-time and paperless.
- Which company has announced the launch of Virtual Customer Service (VCS) model in India?
5.SamsungAnswer – 4.Amazon
Amazon has announced the launch of Virtual Customer Service (VCS) model in India. It is an initiative to create cost efficient employment prospects for skilled candidates seeking more flexible work opportunities.
- Amazon India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Department of Handloom and Textiles of which state to educate, train and enable weavers and artisans to directly sell their products to Amazon customers across the country?
5.AssamAnswer – 1.Telangana
Aim of this MoU is to transform the lives of weavers and artisans and raise their standard of living. This association will help to elevate popular handloom products from clusters such as are Pochampally, Warangal, Gadwal, Narayanpet and Siddipet which have a tremendous potential and demand in urban areas.
- Which among the following has become first state in India to implement coal utilisation between power units?
5.OdishaAnswer – 2.Gujarat
Setting a precedent, the Gujarat government has issued a tender for power developers to receive cheap coal marked for the state in return for selling coal-based power at less than Rs 2.82 a unit.Through the auction, Gujarat will transfer the coal allocated to power generating stations owned by Gujarat State Electricity Corporation (GSECL) to more fuel-efficient private power plants.
- Who among the following has been appointed as 45th Chief Justice of India?
1.Justice Kumar Acahrya
2.Justice Pranav Divakar
3.Justice Dipak Misra
4.Justice Navneet Manek
5.Justice Peter FernandesAnswer – 3.Justice Dipak Misra
On August 8, 2018, Union Government appointed Justice Dipak Misra as the 45th Chief Justice of India (CJI) with effect from August 28, 2017. He will be replacing incumbent Justice J S Khehar, who is set to retire on August 27, 2017
- Researchers have identified a new species of snake in Europe called:
1.Checkered Grass Snake
2.Striped Grass Snake
3.Purple Grass Snake
4.Barred Grass Snake
5.Blind Grass SnakeAnswer – 4.Barred Grass Snake
Based on more than 1,600 snakes, the researchers were able to show that the “Barred Grass Snake,” whose range includes Western Germany, France, Great Britain, Switzerland and Italy constitutes a distinct species.
- Who among the following has won a Bronze medal at 7th Asian Shotgun Championship, being held at Astana, Kazakhstan?
2.Zoravar Singh Sandhu
5.Navtej AhluwaliaAnswer – 1.Kynan Chenai
Trap shooter and Olympian Kynan Chenai won the bronze medal in the Men’s Trap, at the ongoing 7th Asian Shotgun Championship, being held at Astana, Kazakhstan. Abdulrahman Al Faihan of Kuwait won Gold medal and Talal AlRashidi also of Kuwait won Silver Medal.
- Sanwar Lal Jat, who passed away on August 9, 2017, was:
1.Former Union Minister of State
2.Former Chief Minister of Haryana
4.Veteran Novel Writer
5.Rajasthani Folk SingerAnswer – 1.Former Union Minister of State
Sanwar Lal Jat had defeated Sachin Pilot from Congress in Ajmer during the 2014 LokSabha polls. He had served as Minister of State for Water Resources in Narendra Modi government. He was appointed as the Chairman of the Rajasthan State Farmers’ Commission in October 2016.
- Gyan Singh Sohanpal, who passed away on August 8, 2017, was:
1.Former Cabinet Minister of West Bengal
2.Former Chief Minister of West Bengal
4.Veteran Novel Writer
5.Bhojpuri Folk SingerAnswer – 1.Former Cabinet Minister of West Bengal
Veteran Congress MLA form West Bengal, Gyan Singh Sohanpal passed away on August 8, 2017. He was 92. Gyan Singh was fondly called “Chacha”. He was elected to the state assembly 10 times. He was also a former minister in the Congress government in West Bengal.
- ‘International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples’ is observed on which date every year?
5.Augsut 9Answer – 5.August 9
This day is observed to recognise the achievements and contributions that indigenous people make to improve world issues such as environmental protection. This year’s celebration of International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples marks the 10th anniversary of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.