Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which is not feature of the Mental Health Care Bill 2013 which was passed by the Rajya Sabha?
A.to decriminalise suicide
B.provide better healthcare for people suffering from mental illness
C.protection and promotion of rights of persons with mental illness during delivery
D.shall be liable to punishment under section 309 of Indian Penal Code
Answer – D.shall be liable to punishment under section 309 of Indian Penal Code
The Mental Health Care Bill 2013 says that any person who attempts to commit suicide shall be presumed, unless proved otherwise, to be suffering from mental illness at the time of attempting suicide and shall not be liable to punishment under section 309 of Indian Penal Code (IPC).
- The International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples is being celebrated on which date to promote and protect the right of indigenous People Globally?
Answer – B.9th August
The International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples is celebrated on August 9 annually to promote and protect the rights of indigenous people globally. The Day was first announced by the General Assembly of the United Nations in December 1994.
- Trade Body ASSOCHAM puts which state on the top on its study in terms of growth in the industry and service sectors in the last ten years?
The study also highlighted the state’s economic growth and industrial development as it has recorded the highest Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 16.5 per cent and 12.3 per cent respectively in during the last ten years from 2004 to 2015.
- Which movement has launched by the Maharashtra government against various social ills?
A.Khilafat Movement 2
B.Quit India Movement 2
C.Swadeshi Movement 2
D.Non Cooperation Movement 2
Answer – B.Quit India Movement 2
Maharashtra government has launched the Quit India Movement 2 against various social ills, the launch is in line with commemorating the Platinum Jubilee anniversary of the Quit India Movement at the historic August Kranti Maidan in Mumbai.
- Which legendary Journalist and Columnist Barendra Krushna Dhal passed away following a prolonged illness at his residence in Bhubaneswar?
B.R C Dhere
C.Barendra Krushna Dhal
Answer – C.Barendra Krushna Dhal
Dhal was born on March 25, 1941 in Cuttack ,He started his journalistic career in ‘Matrubhumi’ in 1960 and worked there for about 25 years. He worked in different language newspapers like in Odia, English and Bengali.
- What is the recent modification in the latest Monitory Policy Review which is released by RBI?
A.Repo rate was decreased at 5.6%
B.Repo rate was decreased at 6.5%
C.Repo rate was increased at 6.5%
D.Repo rate was left unchanged at 6.5%
Answer – D.Repo rate was left unchanged at 6.5%
The RBI kept the cash reserve ratio of scheduled banks unchanged at 4.0 per cent of net demand and time liabilities. It is noted that RBI Governor Raguram Rajan is set to retire on September 4 after a three-year term with plans to return to academia in the US
- Which company along with Max group merges life insurance businesses to create company worth Rs 67,000 crore?
Answer – C.HDFC
The boards of HDFC Life, Max Life, Max Financial Services and Max India decided to amalgamate their businesses to create a Rs 25,500-crore entity under the label of HDFC Life through a 3:7 share swap under which a Max shareholder will get three HDFC Life shares for every seven in an old share deal.
- RGIC ties up with which bank to foster the spread of the Insurance Policies on a Pan – India Basis?
Answer – C.SVCB
Reliance General Insurance Company Ltd, Non-life insurer declare a bancassurance tie-up with Shamrao Vithal Co-operative Bank (SVCB) on August 9.
- Which organisation along with State run Power major NTPC has entered into collaboration in low emission technologies?
Answer – D.CSIRO
State run Power major NTPC has entered into a collaboration with Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research in low emission technologies. The Letter of Intent was inked by R.K Srivastava,Executive Director (NETRA) at NETRA Greater Noida and Mr Peter Mayfield, Director CSIRO, Energy Queensland, Australia.
- What are the six nations, by which India imposed anti-dumping duty on certain hot-rolled steel products?
A.Russia, China, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Indonesia
B.Russia, Nepal, Japan, China, Kajikisthan and Pakistan
C.Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran
D.China, Japan, South Korea, Russia, Brazil and Indonesia
Answer – D.China, Japan, South Korea, Russia, Brazil and Indonesia
India imposed anti-dumping duty on certain hot-rolled steel products from six nations including China and South Korea with an aim to guard domestic players from cheap imports. An anti-dumping duty of USD 474-557 per tonne was imposed on ‘hot-rolled flat products of alloy or non-alloy steel’ import from China, Japan, South Korea, Russia, Brazil and Indonesia.
- Who has been re-elected as the multilateral funding agency’s president of Asian Development Bank Board?
Answer – D.Takehiko Nakao
The Asian Development Bank was conceived in the early 1960s as a financial institution that would be Asian in character and foster economic growth and cooperation in one of the poorest regions in the world. ADB assists its members, and partners, by providing loans, technical assistance, grants, and equity investments to promote social and economic development.
- Who has been reappointed as a chairman, managing director and ceo of Hero Moto Corp Ltd?
Answer – C.Pawan Munjal
Two-wheeler maker Hero Moto Corp Ltd reappointed Pawan Munjal as its chairman, managing director and CEO for a period of five years. It also elevated its head of operations and supply chain Vikram Kasbekar as a director on the company’s board.
- Who has won the 20th Commonwealth Chess championship crown 2016 in Colombo, Sri Lanka?
Answer – A.Abhijeet Gupta
Former world junior Chess champion Abhijeet Gupta has won the 20th Commonwealth Chess championship crown 2016 in Colombo, Sri Lanka. He is the third Indian to win this prestigious championship, after Viswanathan Anand and Pentala Harikrishna.
- Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate change run Wildlife Institute of India (WII) will establish repository on tigers, under its new Tiger Cell in which City?
Answer – B.Dehradun
Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate change run Wildlife Institute of India (WII) will establish repository on tigers, under its new Tiger Cell in Dehradun. This is first such repository in India.
- Name the Union Government first portal for Online Selling of goods and Services by Government Departments?
Answer – D.e-marketplace
Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched an “e-marketplace” for online purchase of goods and services by various central government ministries and departments.
- On August 9th Nagasaki marked 71 years since its destruction by a US atomic bomb. Nagasaki is located in
The Japanese city of Nagasaki on August 9th marked 71 years since its destruction by a US atomic bomb