AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 8 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On August 8, 2017, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH, Mr. Shripad Yesso Naik, informed that during the year 2016-17, central Government released Rs. ______ fund to State/UT Governments under National AYUSH Mission (NAM).
Answer – 2.41711.849 lakhs
In 2014, Union Government had launched National AYUSH Mission (NAM) to develop and encourage the AYUSH system of medicine in India. The Mission envisages better access to AYUSH services, strengthening of AYUSH educational institutions, enforcement of quality control of Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani & Homoeopathy (ASU &H) drugs and promoting cultivation of medicinal plants for sustainable availability of raw-materials for ASU & H drugs in the States/UTs.
- 2030 Water Resources Group (2030WRG) will help which State Government to raise $270 million from the Green Climate Fund, which will be invested in integrated watershed programmes in the state?
Answer – 1.Maharashtra
For raising money from the Green Climate Fund, Maharashtra State Level Climate Change Committee will endorse the proposal next week, after which it would be referred to the Central Government. The approvals will be in place in early 2018 and it could take a year to get the funding.
- Union Government has rolled out the second phase of its measles-rubella (MR) vaccination campaign in how many States/UTs?
Answer – 4.Eight
In a bid to eliminate measles and curb instances of rubella by 2020, Union Government has rolled out the second phase of its measles-rubella (MR) vaccination campaign in the country. In the second phase, nearly 3.4 crore children across eight states and union territories — Andhra Pradesh, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Telangana, Uttarakhand, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu — will be covered.
- On August 8, 2017, ‘Dawn of cruise tourism in India’ was inaugurated by Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari in:
Answer – 5.Mumbai
At the inauguration, Mr. Nitin Gadkari highlighted the huge potential for cruise tourism, particularly in view of the reforms undertaken by the Ministry of Shipping under the Sagarmala Project. He also released reports on “Road map for Sea cruise tourism”, “Mumbai Port SOP for Cruise Operations” and “Cruise terminals in India”.
- 8th meeting of the Regional Technical Group of Confidence Building Measure on Trade, Commerce & Investment Opportunities under the Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process was held on August 7, 2017, in:
Answer – 1.New Delhi
The meeting was attended by representatives of 17 participating countries and supporting international organisations. There was an agreement that economic development was an important factor in ensuring peace and stability in Afghanistan and the Heart of Asia Region.
- The Centre has declared entire area of which state as a “disturbed” area under Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) for one more month?
Answer – 2.Assam
The Centre has declared entire Assam as a “disturbed” area under the controversial Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) for one more month, citing various violent activities by insurgent groups ULFA, NDFB, and others. The Union home ministry also declared Meghalaya’s border areas adjoining Assam, and three districts in Arunachal Pradesh as “disturbed” under the AFSPA for two more months with effect from August 3, 2017.
- On August 8, 2017, Legislative Assembly of which state passed a bill which reclassifies coconut as a `tree’, ensuring legal protection for it?
Answer – 1.Goa
Goa Forward Party, a partner in the Manohar Parrikar-led government, had promised to reclassify coconut. The previous Laxmikant Parsekar-led government had changed classification of coconut tree to a `palm’.
- Bombay High Court has accepted Maharashtra government’s statement that it would not allow children under the age of _________ years to participate in the ‘Dahi Handi’ festival.
Answer – 4.14 years
Additional Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for Maharashtra state government, told the court that as per the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, children below 14 years of age will not be allowed to participate in the festival since the government had in August last year declared ‘Dahi Handi’ as an adventure sport.
- Eighth Mekong Ganga Cooperation Ministerial Meeting was held on August 7, 2017 in:
2.New Delhi, India
Answer – 1.Manila, Philippines
On August 7, 2017, at Eighth Mekong Ganga Cooperation Ministerial Meeting in Manila, Philippines, India called for expanding the areas of cooperation among the member countries of the bloc to further deepen mutually beneficial partnership and cooperation.
- On August 8, 2017, which company announced a partnership with UK’s Triumph Motorcycles to jointly make mid-capacity motorcycles for Indian and global markets?
1.Mahindra & Mahindra
Answer – 2.Bajaj-Auto
The aim of this partnership is to deliver a range of outstanding mid-capacity motorcycles. Triumph will benefit from this partnership by expanding its global reach and entering new higher volume markets while Bajaj will in return, gain access to Triumph’s motorcycles and technology.
- Which company is launching a programme under which it will provide financial assistance to employees who wish to participate in national or international challenges in any field of interest?
Answer – 3.Flipkart
Flipkart staff who have completed six months with the company are eligible for this ‘Budding Star Programme’. Those shortlisted — based on evaluation by an internal company panel — will get up to Rs. 3 lakh in assistance
- Overseas arm of which Oil Company has planned to invest $150 million in Colombia, Kazakhstan and Bangladesh?
Answer – 3.ONGC
ONGC has participating interest in a total of six blocks in Colombia. It includes a producing block whose current output is 35,000 barrels per day. Drilling has begun in the Kazakhstan block in the Caspian Sea while preparations are on to drill the first well in Bangladesh.
- Who among the following has been honoured with Asia Society Game Changers Award?
2.Shah Rukh Khan
Answer – 5.Dev Patel
Indian-origin actor Dev Patel is to be honoured by a leading educational organisation for making a “transformative and positive” difference for the future of Asia and the world. He will be felicitated with the Asia Society 2017 Asia Game Changers Award at a ceremony to be held at the United Nations, New York, in November 2017.
- Health and wellness startup Cure.fit has roped in which Bollywood actor as its Brand Ambassador?
Answer – 2.Hrithik Roshan
Health and wellness startup Cure.fit has signed on actor Hrithik Roshan as brand ambassador in what is touted as one of the largest endorsement deal signed by an Indian startup. The five-year association, valued at Rs 100 crore, includes the actor’s equity stake in the company in lieu of cash investment, promotions and royalty from his personal brand HRX’s specialised workout plan.
- Which company has announced that it has acquired Millarworld, a comic book company?
Answer – 4.Netflix
The acquisition was the first ever by Netflix. Together, the two companies will bring Millarworld’s portfolio of character franchises to life through films, series and children’s shows available exclusively to Netflix members.
- Research conducted on a tree found in the Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Indian Botanic Garden in West Bengal has revealed two new species of Cycas to the world. Cycas are one of the most ancient plants whose fossils date to the Jurassic period and are often referred to as:
Answer – 4.Living Fossils
Research based on morphological and anatomical characters of this tree led to the discovery of new species of Cycas pschannae and, later, Cycas dharmrajii in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The species were named after scientists Paramjit Singh Channa and Dharmraj S. Mishra.
- India’s first micro forest is being built in which state?
Answer – 3.Chhattisgarh
Nineteen acres of land which housed around 70 government office buildings in Chattisgarh’s Raipur is being converted into India’s first micro forest in order to create an oxy-zone. The micro forest will provide fresh air to Raipur which is the seventh most polluted city in the world. It will reportedly be open to the public in the next 8 months.
- In the latest International Cricket Council (ICC) Test rankings, who among the following has been ranked as World No. 1 all-rounder?
1.Shakib Al Hasan, Bangladesh
2.Ravindra Jadeja, India
3.Mohammed Hafiz, Pakistan
4.Ben Stokes, England
5.Angelo Mathews, Sri Lanka
Answer – 2.Ravindra Jadeja
Following his Man-of-the-Match performance of 70 not out and seven wickets to help India beat Sri Lanka by an innings in Colombo on August 6, 2017, Jadeja has displaced Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan to claim the top spot in the ICC Test rankings for all-rounder for the first time in his career.
- Vishvjit P Singh, who passed away on August 6, 2017, was:
1.Former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
2.Former Chief Justice of India
3.Former Member of Rajya Sabha
4.Former Chief Minister of Haryana
5.Former Attorney General of India
Answer – 3.Former Member of Rajya Sabha
On August 8, 2017, Rajya Sabha mourned the death of its former member Vishvjit P Singh. When the House met for the day, Chairman Hamid Ansari mentioned the passing away of Vishvjit Singh on August 6, 2017 at the age of 71. Mr. Singh had represented Maharashtra for two consecutive terms from April 1982 to April 1988 and April 1988 to April 1994.
- Who among the following has been appointed to a senior position focusing on increasing outreach to the minority communities in Nassau County in New York, US?
Answer – 4.Dilip Chauhan
Dilip Chauhan was named Deputy Comptroller for Minority Affairs by Nassau County Comptroller George Maragos. Chauhan had joined the Comptroller’s office in 2015 as Director for Community Affairs, South and East Asia and has served as senior advisor to the Comptroller since early 2017.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.