Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which edition of Quit India Movement commemoration has been observed in India on 8th August 2016?
Answer – B.74th
74th Quit India Movement commemoration is followed throughout the country on August 8, 2016. It is noted that the Quit India or August Kranthi Movement was launched at the Bombay Session of All India Congress Committee on August 8, 1942.
- The First surfing champion Bernard Farrelly has passed away due to stomach cancer in the age of 71 years old. He belonged to which country?
Answer – D.Australia
Australia’s first surfing champion Bernard ‘Midget’ Farrelly has passed away following a stomach cancer. He was 71 years old.
- Which country cricket players have been banned for the period 7 years to 12 years for allegedly involving in fixing the matches?
Answer – A.South Africa
Four South African cricketers have been banned for allegedly involving in fixing the matches. The Ban varies from 7 years to 12 years.
- Which company acquired Hyderabad based Melgain belonged to Issar Pharma to promote the product in other global markets?
Answer – C.Zydus
The Zydus Group, an innovation-led global healthcare provider, has acquired Melgain from Hyderabad based Issar Pharma. In India, Melgain will be marketed by Liva Healthcare, a specialty division of the group catering to the dermatological segment.
- Which section of Company has signed a formal Joint venture agreement with MSTC Ltd to set up India’s First of its kind Greenfield auto shredding and recycling capability?
D.None of the above
Answer – C.Mahindra
Mahindra Inter trade Ltd., a part of the Mahindra Partners Division of the $17.8 billion Mahindra Group, and MSTC Ltd. (a Government of India enterprise) signed a formal joint venture agreement to set-up India’s first-of-its-kind Greenfield auto shredding and recycling capability.
- Who has taken over the charge of Head of BHEL Corporate R & D from the place of General Manager in Charge wef from August 4th 2016?
Answer – B.KK Khurana
With effect from August 4, 2016 KK Khurana, General Manager in-charge has took charge as the Head of BHEL Corporate R&D.
- Which play/story has won the Television Critics Association Awards for the year 2016 based on the true story of three nods?
A.People vs OJ Simpson
B.Public vs OJ Sampson
C.Student vs OJ Simpson
D.Citizen vs OJ Sampson
Answer – A.People vs OJ Simpson
American Crime Story the People vs OJ Simpson has topped in the Television Critics Association Awards 2016. The Crime Story’s Sarah Paulson received Individual Achievement in Drama.
- The First ever pizza vending Machine has been installed on the campus of which University that can hold seventy 12 inch pizzas?
Answer – D.Xavier University
The first-ever pizza vending Machine has been installed on the campus of Xavier University (XU) in Ohio that can hold seventy 12-inch pizzas and dispense in just three minutes.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation signed Memorandum of Understanding with which State Government to provide improved hospitality and tourism services?
Answer – B.Manipur
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and the Manipur government have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). By making joint use of their capabilities and facilities, IRCTC mulls to provide improved hospitality and tourism services to their customers.
- Which Asian Country has recorded the largest current account surplus in the first half of 2016 that quantify the international trade of goods, services and investments?
Answer – D.Japan
Japan has recorded the largest current account surplus in the first half of 2016 that quantify the international trade of goods, services and investments in and out marked a surplus of 10.63 trillion yen ($104 billion) in the duration which is up 31.3 per cent from a year earlier.
- Which country holds the first rank in the category of happiest place in the world as per latest Bloomberg Misery Index?
Answer – A.Thailand
According to the latest Bloomberg Misery Index which combines the inflation and unemployment rates in 74 countries, Singapore is the second happiest place in the world. The Misery Index, computed by adding inflation to the unemployment rate, gives Thailand a score of 1.11 percent, which is the best
- Which state has launched a new scheme for elderly weavers in the state to mark the National Handlooms Day named as “Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana”?
Answer – C.Odisha
Odisha State Government has launched a new scheme for elderly weavers in the state to mark the National Handlooms Day named as “Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana”, the scheme is aimed at providing financial assistance to the elderly weavers in the state.
- Name of the new Tax scheme has been announced by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar in 13 districts of the state falling in the National Capital Region?
A.NCR Taxi Scheme 2016
B.Haryana Taxi Scheme 2016
C.Tax Seva NCR 2016
D.Haryana NCR Taxi 2016
Answer – A.NCR Taxi Scheme 2016
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has approved a proposal of the State Transport department to implement a new “NCR Taxi Scheme 2016” in 13 districts of the state falling in the National Capital Region.
- Which state has initiated to achieve of planting over one crore saplings this year to increase green cover in the state to earn carbon credit?
Answer – B.Himachal Pradesh
State government of Himachal Pradesh has come up with a target of planting over one crore saplings this year to increase green cover in the state. It is the first state to earn carbon credit.
- Who will address the 71st session of the United Nations General Assembly to be held on September 2016 in New York?
B.External Affairs Minister
Answer – B.External Affairs Minister
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will address the 71st session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on September 26 in New York.