AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 7 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On August 4, 2017, Union Home Ministry passed an order to merge the three-decade old National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) with BPRD. Abbreviation BPRD stands for:
1.Bureau of Patrolling Research and Development
2.Bureau of Police Research and Development
3.Border Police Research and Development
4.Border Patrolling Research and Development
5.Bureau of Police Regulation and Development
Answer – 2.Bureau of Police Research and Development
Government has taken this decision with an aim to improve administrative efficiency and optimal utilisation of resources. The BPRD Director General (DG) will be the head of the merged new entity, where the NCRB Director, an Additional DG rank post will report to the former.
- At its 20th meeting on August 5, 2017, GST Council decided to raise cess on ________from 15% now to up to 25%.
4.Auto Spare parts
Answer – 1.Luxury Cars
Sports utility vehicles (SUVs) and luxury cars, which became cheaper after the rollout of the goods and services tax (GST) from July 1, 2017, may now cost more as the GST Council, has decided to raise cess on them from 15% now to up to 25%.
- Which two companies have extended their partnership into Asia Pacific to enhance the consumer experience?
1.Mastercard and PayPal
2.Visa and PayPal
3.Mastercard and Paytm
4.Visa and Paytm
5.American Express and PayPal
Answer –1.Mastercard and PayPal
The deal will expand PayPal’s presence at the point of sale and enable Masterpass for Braintree merchants in the region. Additionally, both companies will collaborate to create opportunities to leverage Mastercard’s new payment flow technologies, providing increased value to Mastercard cardholders, financial institutions, and PayPal customers.
- Customers of which public sector bank will have to pay charges for depositing cash above Rs 5,000 in a non-base branch even if it is located in the same city?
1.State Bank of India
2.Bank of Baroda
4.Punjab National Bank
5.Bank of India
Answer – 4.Punjab National Bank
Currently, the customers of Punjab National Bank (PNB) are levied charges only for depositing cash over Rs 25,000 at a non-base branch within the same city. It has been decided to revise the non-credit related charges exclusive of GST with effect from 1st of September 2017 for cash deposit above Rs 5,000 at other than base branch within the same city.
- Indian government has formulated National Trade Facilitation Action Plan for which period for smooth implementation of WTO’s Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA)?
1.2017 – 2020
2.2018 – 2021
3.2017 – 2021
4.2018 – 2022
5.2017 – 2022
Answer – 1.2017 – 2020
Recommendations made by four working groups on legislative changes, time release study, outreach programme and infrastructure augmentation have been included in this plan. Implementation of the plan, which also includes suggestions of the private sector, has been divided into short term (0-6 months), medium term (6-18 months) and long term (18-36 months).
- Leading FMCG company Britannia Industries will invest Rs 1000 crore at its proposed largest plant at a food park in:
Answer – 2.Maharashtra
The plant would have six biscuit lines, and one each for rusk and croissant. The company has plans for a flour mill and a dairy unit also. The company would make a capital expenditure of Rs 400 crore in the current fiscal.
- Who among the following Indian businessman has been honoured with United Arab Emirates’ (UAE’s) prestigious Community Service Medal?
Answer – 3.Firoz Merchant
Firoz Merchant, an Indian businessman in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), who has spent over USD 4 million to help free prisoners languishing in jails due to non-payment of debts, has been honoured with UAE’s prestigious Community Service Medal.
- Who among the following has been appointed as an Executive Director in the World Bank in the US?
Answer – 4.S Aparna
Senior bureaucrat S Aparna, presently Principal Secretary to Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, has been appointed as an Executive Director in the World Bank in the US. As the Executive Director at World Bank, Ms. Aparna will represent the constituency of India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Sri Lanka.
- Which Indian tech company would acquire London-based firm Brilliant Basics for Rs 62.76 crore?
2.Tata Consultancy Services (TCS
Answer – 1.Infosys
The acquisition of the firm that specializes in customer experience and product design would help Infosys in expanding design-based technology services in Europe and West Asia. The acquisition cost included earn-out and employee retention amounts.
- Researchers from which institute have developed a highly sensitive, low cost nanometre-scale carbon monoxide (CO) sensor with possible applications in environmental pollution monitoring?
1.Indian Institute of Science
2.Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
3.Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US
4.Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
5.Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
Answer – 1.Indian Institute of Science
The sensor was developed using novel fabrication technique. It also does not involve costly and time consuming lithography technology. The nanometer-sized sensor was made using zinc-oxide (ZnO) nanostructure on a silicon wafer substrate. Tiny polystyrene beads were also used on the wafer.
- NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope has discovered the strongest evidence for a stratosphere on which exoplanet?
Answer – 3.WASP-121b
The discovery shows that a common trait of most of the atmospheres in solar system, which is a warm stratosphere, can also be found in the atmospheres of exoplanet WASP-121b with NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope.
- Which team has beaten Bengaluru Hockey Association (BHA) by 4-2 in the final of 91st All-India MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup hockey tournament?
1.Indian Railways team
2.Mumbai Hockey Association
3.Defence Services Team
Answer – 4.ONGC Team
The Murugappa Gold Cup hockey tournament was scheduled from 27th July to 6th of August 2017. It was held at Mayor Radhakrishnan stadium, Egmore Chennai. The ONGC team received Rs 5, 00,000 prize money while BHA got Rs 2.5 lakh.
- Who among the following Indian shooter has won the individual as well as the team gold medal in Men’s double trap at the 7th Asian Shotgun Championship?
Answer – 1.Ankur Mittal
The Asian Shotgun Championship was held in Astana, Kazakhstan. Mittal shot 71 in the six-man final to finish at the top of the podium. UAEs Khaled Alkaabi (70) won the silver in men’s double trap event, while Saif Alshamsy (53) has won the bronze. India managed to bag the top prize in the team event with scores of Sangram Dahiya (43) and Mohammad Asab (34) added to Mittal’s final total.
- On August 4, 2017, which High Court ordered Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to lift the life ban imposed on Cricketer Sreesanth in the wake of the 2013 IPL spot-fixing scandal?
1.Allahabad High Court
2.Kerala High Court
3.Karnataka high Court
4.Bombay High Court
5.Rajasthan High Court
Answer – 2.Kerala high Court
In 2013, Sreesanth faced allegations on spot-fixing issues in the Indian Premier League and was hence charged with the same alongside fellow cricketers Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan. He soon received a suspension form BCCI. Delhi Court had cleared his case in 2015 and acquitted him from spot-fixing charges. In March 2017, Sreesanth had filed a petition to challenge BCCI’s decision to remove off the ban even after Delhi court has cleared his case.
- On August 6, 2017, world’s shortest woman Jyoti Amge unveiled a 51-feet high book titled ___________ at a programme in Sikar, Rajasthan.
Answer – 3.’Kadve Vachan’
The book ‘Kadve Vachan’ written by Jain saint Acharya Tarun Sagar Maharaj was unveiled by Jyoti Amge in the presence of BJP state president Ashok Parnami. Amge is considered to be the world’s shortest woman alive by the Guinness World Records at 62.8 cm.
- ‘National Handloom Day’ is celebrated in India on which date every year?
Answer – 4.August 7
‘National Handloom Day’ is celebrated every year due to its significance in India’s history, as ‘Swadeshi Movement’ was launched in 1905 on this day. This year the main event was be held in Guwahati to celebrate the third National Handloom Day. Over 1000 weavers from North East India participated in the celebration of the National Handloom day in Guwahati.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.