AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 6 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Police department of which State/UT has tied up with Uber for enhancing the women safety?
Answer – 2.Delhi
Commuters can now access the Delhi Police’s women safety mobile application ‘Himmat’ via cab aggregator Uber’s application while travelling in taxis. Through this partnership with Uber, more women riders in Delhi will be sensitised about the availability of this assistance at hand.
- Which State Government has decided to distribute 13 lakh Soil Health Cards among farmers?
About 1 lakh 41 thousand cards have already been distributed between April 2016 and June 2017. Assam Agriculture Minister Atul Bora has mentioned that 214 soil test kits are operational for this purpose and that the government would soon be announcing a State Agriculture policy.
- CM Yogi Adityanath-led cabinet in Uttar Pradesh has approved a proposal to rename the Mughalsarai railway station near Varanasi after:
1.Atal Bihari Vajpayee
2.Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
3.APJ Abdul Kalam
4.Deen Dayal Upadhyay
Answer – 4.Deen Dayal Upadhyay
The centre has approved a proposal to rename the Mughalsarai railway station in Uttar Pradesh after RSS ideologue Deen Dayal Upadhyaya. The decision is a part of Yogi Adityanath government’s celebrations to mark the centenary of Deen Dayal Upadhyay.
- The Minister for Road Transport & Highways and Shipping, Nitin Gadkari has said that the government is keen on developing Chabahar Port in _____and is hopeful of starting operations by 2018.
Answer – 4.Iran
The Indian Government has allocated Rs 6 billion for the development of the Chabahar port. Out of this, tenders worth Rs 380 Crore for equipment have already been finalized. Mr. Nitin Gadkari has also informed that civil construction work has already started at the Chabahar Port
- Music band of which entity has joined the historic Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo in the UK for this year’s musical event where they will mark the 70th year of India’s Independence?
1.Indian Navy band
2.Indian Army band
3.Indian Air Force band
4.Indian Coast Guard band
5.Border Security Force band
Answer – 1.Indian Navy band
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is an annual series of performance of music by British Armed Forces, Commonwealth and international military bands and artistic performance teams on the esplanade of Edinburgh Castle in Scotland. It was first staged in 1950 and since then British and international musicians and acts from over 50 countries have entertained audiences.
- In a bid to emerge as a top consumer finance brand in the digital space, mobile wallet major MobiKwik has entered into a strategic partnership with which company to transform itself into a financial services app from a payments app at present?
Answer – 2.Bajaj Finance
Under this partnership, Bajaj Finance has picked up 10.83 per cent equity stake in MobiKwik for about Rs. 225 crore and will offer its lending (purchase finance, credit card, mortgage loans and personal loans) and insurance products to be sold through the MobiKwik app. MobiKwik, which currently has a user base of 55 million, will, through this partnership, get immediate access to about 100 million customers of Bajaj Finance.
- On August 4, 2017, in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha, Arjun Ram Meghwal, Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs stated that Government has revised the base year of All-India Wholesale Price Index (WPI) from 2004-05 to:
Answer – 1.2011-12
In the revised series, WPI will continue to constitute three Major Groups namely Primary Articles, Fuel & Power and Manufactured Products. The new series has 697 items as compared to 676 items in old series.
- BJP-led National Democratic Alliance nominee and former Union Minister, M Venkaiah Naidu has been elected as the ____ Vice President of India
Answer – 3.13th
Mr. Naidu will take oath as new Vice-President of India on August 11, 2017 and will thereby become the ex-officio Chairman of the Rajya Sabha. Over 98% poll percentage was recorded in the Vice-Presidential election 2017. 771 out of 785 MPs voted in the election, however 11 votes were found to be invalid
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new Vice Chairman of the NITI Aayog?
Answer – 1.Rajiv Kumar
Rajiv Kumar is an economist who has served in a wide variety of roles in government, think-tanks, international organizations, industry associations and academia. He has also served as Director and Chief Executive of the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER), and chief economist of the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII).
- NASA’s___________ which found evidence that ancient Marshad the fair conditions to support microbial life has marked five years of exploring the red planet.
Answer – 2.Curiosity Rover
On August 5, 2012, the mission team at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, exalted at radio confirmation and first images from Curiosity after the rover’s touchdown using a new “sky crane” landing method.
- Researchers at which institute have tested a new antibiotic drug-delivery system that improves the efficacy of drugs, thereby reducing the dosage used for treating bacterial infections?
1.Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur
2.Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee
3.Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi
4.Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mumbai
5.Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Chennai
Answer – 3.Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi
A peptide called sushi-peptide, which has not been approved for clinical use, bound to gold nanoparticles was able to kill coli and Salmonella typhi more efficiently at lower dosages. The peptide in a free form may not be available as it gets degraded relatively fast.
- The Sri Lankan Navy has commissioned an India-built state-of-the-art AOPV, to boost its search and rescue capabilities. Abbreviation AOPV stands for:
1.Automatic Offshore Patrol Vessel
2.Aerodynamic Offshore Patrol Vessel
3.Augmented Offshore Patrol Vessel
4.Advanced Offshore Patrol Vessel
5.Assessment Offshore Patrol Vessel
Answer – 4.Advanced Offshore Patrol Vessel
Sri Lankan President and Armed Forces commander-in-chief Maithripala Sirisena commissioned the new patrol vessel “SLNS Sayurala” this week at a ceremony at the Eastern Container Terminal of the Port of Colombo. It is the largest vessel built by an Indian ship builder for a foreign navy till date.
- On August 5, 2015, who among the following Indian Boxer defeated China’s Zulpikar Maimaitiali to win the unified WBO Asia Pacific and Oriental Super Middleweight title in Mumbai?
Answer – 1.Vijender Singh
This was Vijender Singh’s ninth successive win in his professional career. Vijender dominated the fight, most of the time by using his height and greater reach to good effect. This was the first defeat of Zulpikar’s professional career.
- Who among the following athlete has won Gold medal in 100m final at 16th World Athletics Championship 2017 in London?
Answer – 2.Justin Gatlin
Justin Gatlin from USA has won gold and Bolt had to settle for Bronze in 100 m Final. Justin Gatlin won with a time of 9.92 as Bolt came third in 9.95. American Christian Coleman took silver with 9.94 having beaten Bolt in the semi-finals.
- Which Indian wrestler clinched the bronze medal in women’s 59kg category of the Junior World Wrestling Championship in Tampere, Finland?
Answer – 3.Manju Kumari
Manju registered a 2-0 victory over Ilona Prokopevniuk of Ukraine in her bronze medal play-off bout to finish on the podium. In the men’s 74kg freestyle category at the Junior World Wrestling Championships, Veer Dev Gulia won bronze medal after defeating Yamasaki Yajuro of Japan by 8 -5 in the bronze medal play-off bout.
- Japan observed the 72nd anniversary of the atomic bomb attack in Hiroshima on:
1.August 2, 2017
2.August 3, 2017
3.Augsut 4, 2017
4.Augsut 5, 2017
5.August 6, 2017
Answer – 5.August 6, 2017
On August 6, 1945, the US dropped an atomic bomb called “Little Boy” on Hiroshima in Japan. Three days later a second atomic bomb “Fat Man” was dropped on the city of Nagasaki. These are the only times nuclear weapons have been used in war.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.