AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 5 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- A high level committee set up to review the Institutionalization of Arbitration Mechanism, has submitted its recommendations to Union Law ministry. This committee was headed by:
1.Justice J N Reddy
2.Justice B N Srikrishna
3.Justice K L Parikh
4.Justice V K Raghuvanshi
5.Justice B V Menon
Answer – 2.Justice B N Srikrishna
The Department of Legal Affairs, Ministry of Law and Justice, on January 13, 2017 constituted a ten Member, High Level Committee under the Chairmanship of Retired Judge, Supreme Court of India, Justice B. N. Srikrishna. This committee has recently has submitted its recommendations to Union Law ministry.
- In order to develop airports in _____________as green airports, Airports Authority of India (AAI) has commenced installation of 1MW solar power plant at two airports in the state.
Answer – 1.Andhra Pradesh
The Government of India encourages development of green airports. In order to develop airports in Andhra Pradesh as green airports, AAI has commenced installation of 1MWp solar power plant at Tirupathi and Vijaywada Airports.
- On August 2, 2017, which entity unanimously adopted a resolution aimed at preventing terrorists from acquiring weapons?
3.UN Security Council
Answer – 3.UN Security Council
The Council strongly condemned the continued flow of weapons, military equipment, unmanned aircraft systems (UASs) and their components, and improvised explosive device (IED) components to and between the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL/Da’esh), Al-Qaida, their affiliates, and associated groups, illegal armed groups and criminals.
- 50th Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Regional Forum (ARF) meeting begun on August 5, 2017 in:
2.Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Answer – 5.Manila, Philippines
Southeast Asian foreign ministers and their counterparts from the U.S., China, Russia, Japan, the two Koreas and other nations attended 50th Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Regional Forum (ARF) meeting in Manila on Aug 5, 2017. Topping the agenda are the intercontinental ballistic missile tests by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, and a siege by pro-Islamic State group militants in the southern Philippine city of Marawi, which has dragged on for more than two months.
- Which public sector bank has hit the international debt market with $400 million bond issue that will have a tenor of 5 years?
2.Punjab National Bank
4.Bank of India
5.Bank of Baroda
Answer – 1.Canara Bank
Canara Bank has hit the international debt market with a benchmark dollar bond issue that will have a tenor of 5 years. Through this issue, Canara Bank will raise $400 million as part of its $2 billion medium-term note programme.
- As per data by Reserve Bank of India (RBI), India’s foreign exchange reserves surged by $1.536 billion to touch a fresh life-time high of $_____ billion during the week to July 28, 2017.
Answer – 2.392.867
As per data by RBI, India’s foreign exchange reserves surged by $1.536 billion to touch a fresh life-time high of $392.867 billion during the week to July 28, helped by rising in foreign currency assets (FCAs). In the previous week, the reserves had increased by $2.27 billion to $391.33 billion.
- Indian Railways signed its first Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract with which company for large electrification projects?
Answer – 1.L&TExplanation :
On August 4, 2017, Indian Railways signed its first Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract with L&T for large electrification projects. Including this contract, Railways Ministry has signed total nine EPC (engineering, procurement, construction) contracts for electrification of railway lines at a cost of Rs. 2,800 crore. The first EPC contract worth Rs. 1,050 crore was awarded to private sector engineering major L&T for electrifying 781 route kilometres
- Which Indian company has signed a 30-year concession agreement with the Government of Mozambique to develop 20 million tons per annum (MTPA) coal terminal at Beira Portas part of a Public Private Partnership (PPP) project?
Answer – 2.Essar Ports
The project will be executed through a subsidiary, New Coal Terminal Beira (NCTB), which is a joint venture between Essar and Portos e Caminhos de Ferro de Moçambique (CFM). The first phase of this project will be developed at a cost of close to $275 million and will entail developing dedicated berths, along with state-of-the-art, mechanised and environment-friendly systems.
- Which entity has joined hands with the Indian Dental Association (IDA) to start India’s first digital initiative for prevention and early detection of oral cancer?
1.Colgate India Trust
2.Anchor India Trust
3.Tata Memorial Centre
Answer – 3.Tata Memorial Centre
Tata Memorial Centre is a known destination for cancer treatment and its dedication to provide latest treatment technology and multi-disciplinary approach especially towards head and neck cancer. The IDA is the largest recognised body of dental professionals in India with a presence in 29 states and seven Union Territories and over 450 local branches spread across the country.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has bagged Rs.3,375-crore order from government of which country to design and build an Integrated Light Rail-based Urban Transit System?
Answer – 4.Mauritius
After bagging Riyadh and Doha metro, engineering and construction major Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has bagged Rs.3375-crore order from Mauritius government-led Metro Express Limited to design and build an Integrated Light Rail-based Urban Transit System in the African island nation.
- Who among the following Indian-Americans have been appointed to key posts in the government by US President Donald Trump?
1.Neil Chatterjee, Krishna R. Urs, and Jayant Pandey
2.Neil Chatterjee, Vikas Deshmukh, and Vishal Amin
3.Akash Sharma, Krishna R. Urs, and Vishal Amin
4.Neil Chatterjee, Krishna R. Urs, and Vishal Amin
5.Surya Reddy, Krishna R. Urs, and Vishal Amin
Answer – 4.Neil Chatterjee, Krishna R. Urs, and Vishal Amin
US Senate has confirmed that President Donald Trump has appointed three Indian-Americans to key posts in the government. The three Indian-Americans are Neil Chatterjee, Krishna R. Urs, and Vishal Amin.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the brand ambassador of ‘Clean UP Mission’ by chief minister Yogi Adityanath?
Answer – 1.Akshay Kumar
Akshay Kumar has promised to proactively work towards making UP the open defecation free (ODF) state, a cause in line with the theme of his upcoming movie Toilet Ek Prem Katha. The chief minister also announced to make the film tax-free in the state.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Payback India?
Answer – 2.Gautam Kaushik
Payback India has appointed Gautam Kaushik as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO). He will spearhead Payback’s India operations. At Payback India, Gautam Kaushik’s primary focus would be towards driving engagement through new touch points and creating transformational customer experiences.
- Paul Kagame has won third term in office as President of:
Answer – 3.Rwanda
President Paul Kagame of Rwanda has won a third term in office with a landslide victory in election held on August 4, 2017. Mr Kagame won 98.66 percent votes while his two little-known rivals barely made a dent.
- ________________, has become the first Hindu in Pakistan government in more than 20
Answer – 4.Darshan Lal
Pakistan’s new Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi formed his cabinet on August 4, 2017, filling it with his toppled predecessor Nawaz Sharif’s aides and allies. It also included the first Hindu in Pakistan government in more than 20 years, Darshan Lal.
- Seeking to make indigenous regional positioning system Navigation with Indian Constellation(NavIC), independent from the US clock system, the Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) has signed an MoU with which entity for time and frequency traceability services?
1.European Space Agency
2.IIT – Kanpur
3.CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
5.Russian Space Agency
Answer –3.CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
This step will help in making NavIC fully operational in the market for commercial purposes as time synchronisation is essential for all kinds of services – be it financial transactions, stock handling, digital archiving, time stamping, national security or prevention of cyber crimes.
- Who among the following has become thefirst paralympian to be recommended for India’s highest sporting honour— the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna?
Answer – 2.Devendra Jhajharia
Javelin thrower Jhajharia, the first Indian to win two Paralympic gold medals, was the first choice of the awards selection committee headed by Justice (Retd) C K Thakkar. The committee has picked 31-year-old midfielder Sardar Singh as its second nominee for the top honour and has suggested that both Jhajharia and Sardar be considered for the award jointly.
- Who among the following Indian women squash players have bagged a bronze medal at the WSF World Doubles Squash Championship?
1.Joshna Chinappa and Dipika Pallikal Karthik
2.Joshna Chinappa and Maitri Joshi
3.Maitri Joshi and Dipika Pallikal Karthik
4.Maitri Joshi and Shikha Rajput
5.Joshna Chinappa and Shikha Rajput
Answer – 1.Joshna Chinappa and Dipika Pallikal Karthik
Indian doubles pair of Joshna Chinappa and Dipika Pallikal Karthik bagged a bronze medal at the WSF World Doubles Squash Championship. They lost against English pair of Jenny Duncalf and Alison Waters in the semi-finals
- The Union Government has proposed to establish an additional ______new AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science) under various phases of Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) in different parts of the country.
Answer – 3.14
Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) was announced in 2003. Its objectives are correcting regional imbalances in the availability of affordable/reliable tertiary healthcare services and augment facilities for quality medical education in the country.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.