Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Senior CPI (M) leader Jiban Maitra has passed away due to cerebral attack at the age of 71 years. He belonged to which State?
Answer – C.West Bengal
West Bengal hailed Senior CPI (M) leader Jiban Maitra, passed away following a cerebral attack in a nursing home in Malda. He was 71 year old.
- Which association has announced that Indian medal winners at the Rio 2016 Olympics would be granted with 500 gms Sovereign Gold Bonds and Silver?
A.Indian Bullion and Jewellers Association
B.Indian Pawn and Jewellers Association
C.Indian Jewellers Association
D.Indian Jewel and Pawn Association
Answer – A.Indian Bullion and Jewellers Association
Mumbai-based India Bullion and Jewellers Association (IBJA) came with an announcement that Indian medal winners at the Rio 2016 Olympics will be granded with 500 gms Sovereign Gold Bonds and silver.
- Who has inaugurated the C Band Polari metric Doppler Weather Radar to be installed in the Southern states at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre?
C.A S Kiran Kumar
Answer – C.A S Kiran Kumar
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman A S Kiran Kumar inaugurated the C Band Polari metric Doppler Weather Radar to be installed in the southern states at the Vikram Sarabahi Space Centre in Thiruvananthapuram. This is the first of its kind.
- The Ministry of Railway signed an agreement with which state to execute the rail projects in the state and to accelerate the economy of the country?
Answer – D.Chhattisgarh
The Ministry of Railways and the Chhattisgarh government have signed an agreement to form a joint venture as said in the Union Railway Budget 2016 announcement.
- Who has been elected as member of International Olympic Committee from India of the 129th IOC Session in Rio?
Answer – C.Nita Ambani
On August 4th, 129th IOC Session in Rio elected Nita Ambani, the founder and chairperson of the Reliance Foundation as the first Indian woman member of International Olympic Committee.
- Chief of Banks Board Bureau, Vinod Rai has been taken as independent Chairman of which bank?
Answer – C.IDFC
Being appointed as the chief of Banks Board Bureau (BBB), Vinod Rai has stepped down from the IDFC bank board and however he will serve continuously as the independent Chairman of the IDFC Ltd.
- In which country Ever Win Company & Ltd. organized 1,007 robots to set a new Guinness World Record for “Most Robots dancing simultaneously”?
Answer – C.China
Ever Win Company & Ltd. organized 1,007 robotsto set a newGuinness World Record for “Most Robots Dancing Simultaneously” during the Qingdao Beer Festival in Shandong, China. But in fact, several robots were disqualified for failing to perform, even though the total numbers successfully set the record.
- Which Company investing $4 million in Cloudyn, an Israeli Corporation for cloud management and optimization startup?
Answer – C.Infosys
IT giant Infosys is investing $4 million (Rs 27 crore) in Cloudyn, an Israeli corporation. This Israeli Corporation is providing software as a service (SAAS) solutions for the management and optimization of hybrid, multi-cloud deployments.
- Which bank has launched group credit life insurance scheme in Mangalore to increase the insurance cover of the growing population?
A.Bank of Baroda
Answer – D.Corporation Bank
In a pilot basis, Corporation bank has launched group credit life insurance scheme in Mangalore on August 4. This move attributes to increase the insurance cover of the growing population and also strengthen its borrowing community.
- Which country has added the Pakistani Militant Group Jamaat-ur-Ahrar to its list of global terrorists, triggering sanctions against a faction?
Answer – D.United States
The United States has added the Pakistani militant group Jamaat-ur-Ahrar to its list of global terrorists, triggering sanctions against a faction that has staged multiple attacks on civilians, religious minorities and soldiers.
- Who has been elected to assume his office as the new Chief Minister of Gujarat?
Answer – A.Vijay Rupani
Putting an end to all the speculations, Vijay Rupani is going to assume his office as the new Chief Minister of Gujarat on August 7 and Nithin Patel will assist him as a Deputy CM. This news is declared after the BJP MLAs meeting.
- Which of the following states are set to launch campaign against ISIS by staging on board Imams of Mosques to prevent the attempts of the terror group?
A.Telangana and Karnataka
B.Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
C.Andhra Pradesh and Tamilnadu
D.Andhra Pradesh and Kerala
Answer – B.Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
Telangana and Andhra Pradesh is set to launch campaign against ISIS by staging on board Imams of mosques to prevent the attempts of the terror group to lure youths. The campaign is organised by State Minorities Commission.
- Which High Court has quashed Government’s ordinance to offer 10% quota for the Economically backward among upper castes in education and admission?
Answer – C.Gujarat
Gujarat High Court has quashed government’s ordinance to offer 10 % quota for the economically backward among upper castes in education and admission.
- Which State Government is proposed to implement the 7th pay commission recommendations in the state form November 1 2016?
Answer – C.Goa
Goa government will implement the 7th pay commission recommendations in the state form November 1 this year, Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar has informed in the state Assembly.
- Which operation has been launched by Uttar Pradesh Police in Lucknow following a slew of rape cases, including the horrific Bulandshahr gangrape, on 5 August?
Answer – D.Operation Vishwas
The UP Police launched ‘Operation Vishwas’ in Lucknow following a slew of rape cases, including the horrific Bulandshahr gangrape, on 5 August.
- Lokesh Rahul is related to which sport ?
Answer – C.Cricket
Kannur Lokesh Rahul Kannada commonly known as KL Rahul and also as Lokesh Rahul, is an Indian cricketer who plays for India national cricket team in international cricket, and Karnataka in domestic cricket.