AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 4 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs August 4 2017
- In an attempt to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in agriculture, Government launched “AGRI UDAAN”- Food and Agribusiness Accelerator 2.0 programme in _______on August 4, 2017.
5.KarnalAnswer –2.New Delhi
The program will be run by ICAR-NAARM Technology Business Incubator (TBI), a-IDEA and Indian Institute of Management Ahmadabad’s Center for Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE). This is a 6 month program in which shortlisted agri startups with promising innovative business models will be mentored & guided to scale up their operations.
- From which date, Aadhaar number will be mandatory for the registration of death?
1.October 1, 2017
2.November 1, 2017
3.December 1, 2017
4.January 1, 2018
5.February 1, 2018Answer – 1.October 1, 2017
Under the new rule, Aadhaar number, or enrolment number of the dead person will have to be provided along with application for death certificate. The rule will come into force across the country except Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya.
- Which State Government has informed that it has decided to implement compulsory retirement of the non-performing teachers, head masters and education department officials above the age of 50?
5.RajasthanAnswer – 4.Bihar
The decision was taken after the review of the education department by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. The main aim is to improve results in matriculation and intermediate. Bihar state government is in process of identifying non-performing institutions and all those responsible for the poor show will be given compulsory retirement.
- India’s first dedicated helicopter-taxi (heli-taxi) service will be launched in which city?
5.KolkataAnswer – 4.Bengaluru
The service is expected to take off in three months. It will be operated by Thumby Aviation Private Limited. Initially, the services will be between Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) and Electronics City, where a heliport is expected to come up. Estimates by the company peg the travel time at around 15 minutes.
- On August 4, 2017, the first meeting of the Japan-India Coordination Forum (JICF)for Development of North-Eastern Region was held in:
5.TripuraAnswer – 1.New Delhi
The Japanese delegation was led by the Japanese Ambassador to India, Mr. Kenji Hiramatsu while Secretary, Ministry of Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), Shri Naveen Verma led the Indian side. The priority areas of cooperation identified by Indian side include Connectivity and Road Network Development, Disaster Management, Food Processing, Organic Farming and Tourism.
- Which among the following has become the first Arab country to offer permanent residency to selected non-citizens?
5.BahrainAnswer – 2.Qatar
Under the new law, residency permits will be granted to children of Qatari women married to foreigners. The residency permit gives holders similar rights as Qataris in terms of property ownership and access to generous education and health care services.
- On August 4, 2017, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley launched a new Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) under the name ______, comprising shares of 22 companies from 6 sectors of the economy.
5.India 22Answer – 4.Bharat 22
The ETF will feature four banking stocks — SBI, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda and Indian Bank — other than CPSEs such as Nalco, ONGC, IOC, BPCL and Coal India. Besides, there will be nine other PSUs as well as REC and PFC.
- On August 3, 2017, India’s first private sector missile sub-systems manufacturing facility, a joint venture between the $2.5 billion Kalyani Group and Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defence Systems Ltd., was inaugurated near:
5.AmritsarAnswer – 1.Hyderabad
Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems (KRAS) is a 24,000-sq ft facility, located about 40 km from Hyderabad and is close to the new international airport. The project has been set up in a record time, and is considered first such facility which makes missile systems by a private player in India.
- Who among the following has topped this year’s Forbes ranking of the highest paid author?
2.J K Rowling
5.Christopher CooperAnswer – 2.J K Rowling
JK Rowling, the creator of Harry Potter, tops the ranking of the highest paid author by Forbes with earnings of £72m this year. JK Rowling has beaten the likes of Dan Brown, Stephen King and John Grisham to be named as world’s highest paid author.
- Who among the following veteran actress has been selected for this year’s Prem Nazir Award?
5.AnjaliAnswer – 3.SharadaExplanation :
The award will be presented to Sharada by Kerala state Devaswom MinisterKadakampally Surendran at a function at Chirayankeezhu on August 15, 2017. Sharada had won three national awards with the first being for her performance in 1968 tragedy film “Thulabharam“, which was remade in Tamil also.
- Who among the following has been named as Chairman of All India Football Federation (AIFF) Transfers Dispute Committee?
5.Narendra BhattacharyaAnswer – 4.Ushanath Banerjee
The AIFF has appointed senior advocate Ushanath Banerjee as the chairman of a special committee. It will deal with the players’ transfer disputes’. The Committee assigned the task to make a detailed and reasoned paper based on the review of the rules and regulations for consideration of the members for a decision thereafter.
- On August 1, 2017, who among the following took over as Air Officer-in-Charge Administration of Indian Air Force at Air Headquarters, New Delhi?
1.Air Marshal Hemant Narayan Bhagwat
2.Air Marshal Prakash Shinde
3.Air Marshal Jayant Raut
4.Air Marshal Rajinder Singh
5.Air Marshal Nayan TomarAnswer – 1.Air Marshal Hemant Narayan Bhagwat
Air Marshal HN Bhagwat AVSM VM was commissioned in Administrative branch of the IAF in June 1981. After serving for seven years as an Air Traffic control Officer in three different operational bases of the IAF, he qualified as Parachute Jump Instructor and served in instructional capacity for fifteen years.
- Prabhat Kumar, (IFS 1991), presently Ambassador of India to Colombia has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to:
5.AustriaAnswer – 3.Kazakhstan
Prabhat Kumar, prior to his appointment as Ambassador of India to Colombia was Director General, in-charge of the Energy Security and Investment and Technology Promotion Division in the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi (2010-2014). Kumar was earlier posted to the Permanent Mission of India to the conference of disarmament in Geneva.
- Senior bureaucrat Mohammad Mustafa has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of:
5.NABARDAnswer – 1.SIDBI
Senior bureaucrat Mohammad Mustafa has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director in Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI). Mustafa is a 1995 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre. He was working as a Joint Secretary in Department of Financial Services. The Appointments Committee of the cabinet has approved his appointment to the post for 3 years.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has entered into a partnership with which entity to enable railway passengers to book train tickets ‘now and pay for it later’?
5.ePayTomorrowAnswer – 4.ePayLater
ePayLater is a platform that allows persons to log out immediately after booking tickets so that they can make payment later. The idea behind paying later comes with every customer receiving a credit line for 14 days, and the amount lent can be paid within these 14 days.
- Which online portal has been launched by Maharashtra Government to ease the process of direct benefit transfer (DBT)?
5.MahaTranferAnswer – 1.MahaDBT
On August 3, 2017, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis launched MahaDBT and MahaVASTU online portals. Through MahaDBT portal, benefits of all government schemes will be transferred directly into bank accounts of beneficiaries in the state. MahaVASTU is an Online Building Permission Management System with an electronic workflow for sanctioning building approvals.
- Which satellite has been jointly launched by France’s National Centre for Space Studies (CNES) and Israel’s space agency for monitoring the effects of climate change on vegetation?
5.UranusAnswer – 2.Venus
The Vegetation and Environment monitoring on a New Micro Satellite — Venus — is a joint effort between France’s National Centre for Space Studies (CNES) and Israel’s space agency. Venus will photograph 110 specific sites across the world every two days for two-and-a-half years, charting the impact of climate change on ecosystems and agriculture as well as studying carbon stocks and plant evolution.
- Who among the following has become the most expensive player in football history after completing his blockbuster transfer to Paris Saint-Germain from Barcelona for 222 million Euros?
5.Gareth BaleAnswer – 2.Neymar
Neymar has signed a five-year contract with PSG until June 2022. He has already been selected for the Brazilian national team 77 times, scoring 52 goals. He has already achieved 15 titles at club level.
- Jyoti Gupta, who was found dead on August 2, 2017, was associated with which sport?
5.SwimmingAnswer – 4.Hockey
Jyoti Gupta, a 20-year-old hockey player who was a part of the Indian women’s team and was seen as a future star, was found dead on the railway tracks in Haryana’s Rewari on August 2, 2017. Police believe she committed suicide, going by the account of the driver of the Chandigarh-Jaipur Intercity Express.
- Robert Hardy, who passed away on August 3, 2017, was:
5.English PhysicistAnswer – 4.English Actor
English actor, Robert Hardy, famous for his role as Cornelius Fudge in Harry Potter, passed away on August 3, 2017. He was 91. Robert Hardy enjoyed a distinguished acting career which spanned seven decades.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification