AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 31,2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affair August 31 2017
- On 30th August ,2017, The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) approved the first phase of recommendations of Which Committee for Army reforms.
1. Sachar Committee
2. Bimal Jalan Committee
3. Naresh Chandra Committee
4. Shekatkar Committee
5. Shah Nawaz CommitteeAnswer – 4. Shekatkar Committee
On 30th august ,2017, The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) approved the first phase of recommendations of Shekatkar Committee for Army reforms. This committee was formed to recommend measures to enhance combat capability and rebalancing Defence Expenditure of the Armed Forces with an aim to increase “teeth to tail ratio”, It had given 99 recommendations to the government on December 2016, out of which the Ministry of Defence has decided to implement 65 suggestions in phased manner.
- The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) release new industrial policy by October and it is expected to replace the United Progressive Alliance government’s ______________ Policy.
1. Industrial Policy Resolution of 1956
2. Environmental policy of India 1992
3. National Manufacturing Policy 2011
4. Monetary policy of India 2010
5. National Industrial Policy and Promotion 1980Answer – 3. National Manufacturing Policy 2011
The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) under the commerce and industry ministry will release a new industrial policy by October, it will focus on encouraging Indian branded products with high value addition at a global level, and will review the existing Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy regime to facilitate greater technology transfer. Recently on august 29th, DIPP released consolidated FDI policy. The new policy is expected to replace the United Progressive Alliance government’s National Manufacturing Policy (NMP) 2011
- Which two States were the fastest expanding State economies in 2015-16 according to the Central Statistics Office(CSO) published new series of gross State Domestic Product (SDP) data with 2011-12?
1. Maharashtra and Karnataka
2. West Bengal and Arunachal Pradesh
3. Karnataka and Jammu & Kashmir
4. West Bengal and Maharashtra
5. Jammu & Kashmir and Arunachal PradeshAnswer – 5. Jammu & Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh
On 30th August 2017, Central Statistics Office(CSO) published new series of gross State Domestic Product (SDP) data with 2011-12 as the base year. According to it Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh were the fastest expanding State economies in 2015-16. Comparison between states plays a healthy role in promoting competitive federalism thereby promoting fair competition. On the whole, the national economy expanded by 8 per cent in 2015-16 at constant 2011-12 prices.
- The Ministry of Railways has signed two MoUs with which country on 31st of Aug 2017.
5. ChinaAnswer – 4. Switzerland
The Ministry of Railways has signed two MoUs with Switzerland on 31st of Aug 2017. It has been signed between Ministry of Railways and Swiss Confederation.
The first MoU is between Ministry of Railways and Federal Department of the Environment, Transport and Communications of the Swiss Confederation for technical cooperation in Rail Sector. This was signed in the presence of Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi and President of the Swiss Confederation.
- Which Country and India had Fourth Session of the Joint Trade Committee meeting was held in New Delhi on 29th Aug, 2017?
5. TanzaniaAnswer – 5. Tanzania
The Fourth Session of the India-Tanzania Joint Trade Committee meeting was held in New Delhi on 29th Aug, 2017.The Indian delegation was led by Commerce and Industry (Independent Charge) Ms. Nirmala Sitharaman. TheTanzanian delegation was led by the Industry, Trade and Investment Mr. Charles John Mwijage.With an investment of US $ 2.2 billion, Tanzania is among the top 5 investment destinations for India.
- Which Indian delegation was led 10th India-European Union Counter Terrorism Dialogue was held at New Delhi on 30th Aug 2017?
1. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
2. Shri Mahaveer Singhvi
3. Preeti Saran
4. Dnyaneshwar M. Mulay
5. Gopal BaglayAnswer – 2. Shri Mahaveer Singhvi
The 10th India-European Union Counter Terrorism Dialogue was held at New Delhi on 30th Aug 2017.The Indian delegation was led by Shri Mahaveer Singhvi, Joint Secretary for Counter Terrorism at the Ministry of External Affairs of India, while the European Union’s delegation was led by Mr. Pawel Herczynski, Director for Security Policy, European External Action Service.The next India-European Union Counter Terrorism Dialogue will take place in Brussels in 2018.
- Which electronic commerce entity has announced a partnership with the Akshaya Patra Foundation to implement the Karnataka government’s ‘Ksheera Bhagya’ Scheme in Bengaluru on 30th Aug 2017?
5.ShopCluesAnswer – 1.Amazon
Amazon has announced a partnership with the Akshaya Patra Foundation to implement the Karnataka government’s ‘Ksheera Bhagya’ Scheme in Bengaluru on 30th Aug 2017.Under this scheme schoolchildren would be provided a glass of milk each five days a week.The partnership aims to reach out to 170,000 children across 1,300 government schools in the state.The scheme is developed by Karnataka Milk Federation on Chief Minister’s (Siddaramaiah) to help poor children by providing them nutritious food essential for healthy growth and all-round development of schoolchildren.
- Where did Harsimrat Kaur Badal launch Common Food Processing Incubation Center for Shallots ?
3. Perambalur ,Tamilnadu
5. Kozhikode,KeralaAnswer -3. Perambalur ,Tamilnadu
Union Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal has inaugurated a unit to process small onions in Perambalur district in Tamil Nadu on 31st Aug 2017.
With this new unit it will help farmers of this region to earn extra income.
The unit, set up at Chettikulam village at a cost of Rs 1 crore, will process small onions to produce vacuum packed peeled onion, onion paste, onion flakes and onion powder.While vacuum packed peeled onion will last for 1 month (under refrigeration), the shelf life of Onion powder will be 6 months, onion paste 5 months and onion flakes 6 months.Farmers in Perambalur district are producing 70,000 tonnes of shallots per year in a cultivation area of 8,000 hectares land.
- Which country is the leading BRICS nation in innovation competitiveness according to the BRICS Innovative Competitive Report 2017?
5. South AfricaAnswer – 4.China
On 29th August ,2017, BRICS Innovative Competitive Report 2017 was released by China Science and Technology Exchange Centre. The report says India is expected to surpass China in innovation competitiveness between 2025-2030. At present, China is the leading BRICS nation in innovation competitiveness. The report is a huge confidence booster for Indian government’s efforts at improving the innovation environment in the recent years.
- Solar energy services company Freyr Energy has tied up with which Bank announced on 31st Aug 2017?
1. HDFC Bank
2. Indian Bank
3. Axis Bank
4. ICICI Bank
5. Kotak Mahindra BankAnswer – 3. Axis Bank
Solar energy services company Freyr Energy has tied up with Axis Bank announced on 31st Aug 2017.It will offer term loans ranging from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 50 lakh for tenures up to five years, for solar rooftop installations in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.The loans will be given to MSMEs and self-employed individuals to install Freyr rooftop solar plants for industrial and commercial purposes.This loan programme will help MSMEs significantly to reduce their electricity bills.
- How many years the SEBI bans Orion Capital, Orion Broking from securities markets?
5.3 yearsAnswer – 2. 10 years
Markets regulator SEBI has barred Orion Capital as well as Orion Broking and their partners from the securities markets for 10 years announced on 29th of Aug 2017.They have been barred for failing to redress several investor grievances related to non- settlement of funds due to the clients.The claim amount is more than Rs 6 crore against Orion Capital and over Rs 4 crore against Orion Broking.
According to SEBI Whole-Time Member S Raman the two firms and their partners have failed to act in accordance with the requirements of the stock brokers regulations.
- Who has been appointed as Union Home Secretary for fixed two year tenure on 31st Aug 2017?
1. Jagat Prakash Nadda
2. Rajiv Mehrishi
3. Kiren Rijiju
4. Hansraj Gangaram Ahir
5. Rajiv GaubaAnswer – 5. Rajiv Gauba
Rajiv Gauba has been appointed as Union Home Secretary for fixed two year tenure on 31st Aug 2017.Gauba replaced Rajiv Mehrishi. He is a 1982-batch IAS officer of the Jharkhand cadre.Gauba would be dealing with issues like internal security, militancy in Jammu and Kashmir and the Northeast, Maoist problems in the central and east India besides other issues.He was born in Punjab in 1958, Gauba graduated in Physics from Patna University..He has previously worked in the central government’s ministries of home, defence, finance and environment and forests in different positions.
- Which group hospitality firm Indian Hotels Company Ltd (IHCL) has appointed Puneet Chhatwal as its Managing Director and CEO announced on 29th Aug 2017?
2. Reliance Industries Limited
3. Tata Group
4. Hindustan Unilever
5. Sun GroupAnswer -3. Tata Group
Tata group hospitality firm Indian Hotels Company Ltd (IHCL) has appointed Puneet Chhatwal as its Managing Director and CEO announced on 29th Aug 2017.Chhatwal is currently Chief Executive and Member of Executive Board of Duetsche Hospitality/Steinberger Hotels AG.
ii.He will take over from Rakesh Sarna , who is stepping down on 30th Sep 2017.
- Which IIT Researchers created an implantable bioartificial pancreas model grown within a 3D silk scaffold?
1. IIT Madras
2. IIT Guwahati
3. IIT Kanpur
4. IIT Bombay
5. IIT PatnaAnswer – 2. IIT Guwahati
Researchers of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati has successfully created an implantable bioartificial pancreas model grown within a 3D silk scaffold.The silk scaffold was found to be biocompatible (not toxic to living tissue) as it did not trigger any immune reaction or cause any adverse reaction when implanted.The “pancreas” which encapsulates insulin-producing cells, is capable of naturally producing insulin in a sustained manner.
- Which country has approved the first gene therapy for cancer in the nation on 30th of Aug 2017?
5.CanadaAnswer – 1.U.S
United States has approved the first gene therapy in the nation on 30th of Aug 2017. It is a treatment that uses a patient’s own immune cells to fight childhood leukaemia.The treatment is made by Novartis and is called Kymriah (tisagenlecleucel).This type of immunotherapy, known as a CAR-T cell therapy, was known by the term CTL019 until now.It was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for children and young adult patients up to the age of 25 with a form of acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification