AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 30,2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On 30 August 2017,Cabinet approved the MoU with which country for the conservation of Earthquake-Damaged Pagodas at Bagan?
5.CanadaAnswer – 3.Myanmar
Cabinet approves MoU with Myanmar for the Conservation of Earthquake-Damaged Pagodas at Bagan. Implementation of this project will strengthen India’s ties in culture and religion with Myanmar. This project has religious significance as well as the touristic significance. It will be an opportunity to showcase India’s expertise in the restoration and conservation of monuments not only to the people of Myanmar but also to the tourists from other countries.
- Which Country have mutually agreed with India to jointly issue a set of two Commemorative Postage Stamps on the theme “Diwali“?
5.CanadaAnswer – 5.Canada
Cabinet apprised of jointly issue of postage stamps between India and Canada. India and Canada have mutually agreed to jointly issue a set of two Commemorative Postage Stamps on India-Canada, on the theme “Diwali“. The joint stamps will be released on 21st September, 2017.Diwali it is a cultural theme for both the countries and also considering the large presence of Indian Diaspora in Canada.
- Name of the state that our Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited to inaugurate few highway projects along with road transport and highways minister Nithin Gadkari on 29th August 2017.
5.MaharashtraAnswer – 4.Rajasthan
On 29th august,2017 Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Rajasthan to inaugurate few highway projects and to dedicate some to our nation along with road transport and highways minister Nithin Gadkari. He informed that his government is setting in a culture of completion of projects unlike previous governments. The assembly polls in Rajasthan is going to take place next year. PM Modi will also visit Pratap Gaurav Kendra which exhibits the valour and achievements of Maharana Pratap and pay his homage to the famous King of Mewar.
- Under which Yojna Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the ‘YUVA’ – a skill development programme which is an initiative taken by Delhi Police on 29th of Aug 2017?
1.Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
2.Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
3.Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
4.Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
5.Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala YojanaAnswer – 2.Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Rajnath Singh inaugurates YUVA a skill development programme of Delhi Police
The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the ‘YUVA’ – a skill development programme. It is an initiative taken by Delhi Police under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana on 29th of Aug 2017.Delhi Police has tied up with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) to provide the job-linked skilling for selected youths.
- Which state government decided to close the process of holding interview for selection of candidates for the government jobs in all the non-gazetted posts of Group B, C and D categories?
5.BiharAnswer – 3.Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh cabinet has decided to close the process of holding interview for selection of candidates for the government jobs in all the non-gazetted posts of Group B, C and D categories announced on 29th of Aug 2017.
The decision was taken in a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.The state government has decided to do away with the interview in the recruitment of non-gazetted officers from Class II to IV but for recruitment of gazetted officers in Class II category, Interview will be a must.
- Which district of West Bengal’s Gobindobhog rice gets geographical indication status on August 29 2017?
5. KolkataAnswer – 4. Burdwan
On august 29,2017, The Geographical Indications Registry (GIR) has granted geographical indication (GI) status to Gobindobhog rice, a speciality from Burdwan district of West Bengal. The state has applied for GI status in the year 2015.Gobindobhog rice is a short grain, white, aromatic, sticky rice having a sweet buttery flavour. It derives its name from principal ingredient usage in preparation of offerings to Govindajiu, the family deity of Setts of Kolkata. Burdwan region is called “the rice bowl of Bengal”.
- Which is one of the most destructive storms in US history thrashed USA,menaces Texas & Louisiana?
1. Hurricane Dean
2. Cyclone Monica
3. Hurricane Camille
4. Typhoon Zeb
5. Hurricane HarveyAnswer – 5. Hurricane Harvey
Hurricane Harvey is one of the most destructive storms in US history thrashed USA,menaces Texas & Louisiana. It has claimed 30 lives and left thousands homeless. Houston’s mayor imposed an overnight time curfew to prevent looting and opportunistic crimes. Harvey was gearing up for another landfall near the Texas-Louisiana border.One Indian student has died after he nearly drowned in a swollen lake in the US state of Texas where Hurricane Harvey caused havoc.
- Name of the insurance company has launched ‘PoS-Easy Bima Plan’.
1. Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Company
2.Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance Limited
3. Future Generali India Life Insurance Company Limited
4.ING Vysya Life Insurance Company Ltd
5.Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company LtdAnswer –
ExplanationAnswer – 1. Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Company
Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Company (CHOICE) has launched with a ‘Point-of-Sale’ Easy Bima Plan targeted at the mass-market segment.The product ‘PoS – Easy Bima Plan’ is the first PoS product for the company. It will provide life cover and also returns all premiums paid during the payment term on survival till maturity.The affordable premiums start from Rs.1,000 annually and there is inbuilt double life cover in case of accidental death.It would be available in the bank branches of Canara Bank and Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) in the next two months.
- Which bank receives scheduled bank status from RBI due to second scheduled to the RBI Act 1934?
1.Janalakshmi Small Finance Bank Ltd
2. Equitas Small Finance Bank Ltd
3. Capital Small Finance Bank
4. Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd
5. Disha Small Finance Bank LtdAnswer – 4. Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd, has been included in the second scheduled to the RBI Act 1934 on 30th Aug 2017.This grants the ‘Scheduled Bank’ status to Ujjivan Small Finance Bank’ from the date of notification.With this Ujjivan Small Finance Bank can issue certificate of deposits.Ujjivan SFB commenced its operations as a Small Finance Bank with effect from February 1, 2017.
- Which company launches world’s first ever Genomeceuticals range of products in India?
2.Hatsun Agro Product Ltd
5.AmulAnswer – 4.Unicity International
Unicity International has launched world’s first ever Genomeceutical (gene controlling) range of products to India.Unicity International headquartered in Orem, Utah, United States.Unicity uses advanced Genomecutical technology in its products to support proper gene expression. Genomeceutical is a ground-breaking, patent-pending, technology whereby certain secondary metabolites found in nature and it can help maintain the gene response whenever needed by the body to help in maintaining overall metabolic health.
- Who presented the NITI Aayog’s Women Transforming India Awards 2017?
1. A.Smt Sushma Swaraj
2. Smt Smriti Irani
3. Nirmala Sitharaman
4. Shri Giriraj Singh
5. Radha Mohan SinghAnswer – 2.Smt Smriti Irani
Union Minister of Textiles, Information, and Broadcasting Smriti Irani will present Women Transforming India Awards 2017 a prestigious award to 12 incredible women winners at an event in New Delhi on 29th of Aug 2017.
The award has been launched by NITI Aayog, in partnership with the UN in India and MyGov.It has been awarded to recognize the transformational impact of work undertaken by women across India.This year’s campaign “to promote equal opportunity of women” received around 3000 entries from across India.
- Dara Khosrowshahi is new CEO of which entity?
4.Taxi for sure
5.FastrackAnswer – 3.Uber
Dara Khosrowshahi has accepted the position of Uber CEO after he was selected by the company’s board announced on 29th Aug 2017.Uber Technologies has finally announced the appointment of Dara Khosrowshahi as its new chief executive officer. He has selected after Travis Kalanick resigned from the position of chief executive.Dara will join the company from 30th August.
- Who has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Cyprus?
4. Dr. R.K. Raghavan
5. R.S.ManiyanAnswer – 4. Dr. R.K. Raghavan
Dr. R.K. Raghavan has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Cyprusannounced on 30th Aug 2017.He served as a former Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Director from January 4, 1999 to April 30, 2001.He is an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the 1963 batch. v.He was a Visiting Fellow at Rutgers University and the Harvard Law School.He has served as the director of Tamil Nadu Fire Service and as the director-general of the Tamil Nadu State Vigilance Directorate.
- Who is the brand ambassador for Bridgestone India?
5.Virat KholiAnswer – 1.P.V.Sindhu
Tyre major Bridgestone India has announced badminton player and Olympic silver medallist P V Sindhu as its first brand ambassador announced on 30th Aug 2017.She will be a part of three year agreement. Sindhu will be included in Bridgestone’s activations around its Worldwide Olympic Partnership.Bridgestone India is a subsidiary of the world’s largest tyre and Rubber Company and also a Worldwide Olympic Partner.
- Which app helps Athletes can identify prohibited medicines in sports ?
1. ‘Mann Ki Baat’
2.“Pharma Jan Samadhan”
3.” Pusa Krishi”
4. “Kisan Suvidha”
5.” Shetkari Masik “Answer – 2.“Pharma Jan Samadhan”
Drug pricing regulator NPPA has tied up with National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA). It will help athletes to understand medicines that could contain prohibited substances in sports through its app Pharma Jan Samadhan.
The two regulators signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 29th Aug 2017.Through NPPAs app every consumer can know ingredients in a medicine and it will make it easy for athletes to keep away from medicines that have prohibited substances.National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority( NPPA) foundation day also held in 29th of Aug 2017.
- For what purpose Kerela CM Shri Pinarayi Vijayan launches Logo for Kochi Venue?
1.2017 ICCI U-17 Badminton World Championship
2. 2018 ICC U-17 World T20
3.2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup
4. 2018 Men’s Hockey U-17 World Cup
5. Asian Cities U-17 Chess Championship 2017Answer – 3.2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup
Kerala Chief Minister Shri Pinarayi Vijayan has launched the host city logo for Kochi. This time Kochi is selected as one of the venues of FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 announced on 29th Aug 2017.The logo represents and reflects Kochi’s identity and will be a valuable tool in linking the local community in a global World Cup.The FIFA U-17 World Cup will have India official emblem, it will form a crucial link in the promotions and communications regarding the host city
- On August 30th each year, The United Nations (UN) observes as what day?
1.International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
2. International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
3.International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances
4. International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
5. International Day for the Elimination of Violence against WomenAnswer – 3.International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances
On August 30th each year, The United Nations (UN) observes the International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances. On this day organizations such as the UN and Amnesty International play an active role in raising awareness that enforced disappearance is a crime and should not be used as a tool to deal with situations of conflict.
- Ministry of Micro, Small &Medium Enterprises(MSME) is celebrated as what day on 30th August ?
1.Small Industry Day
2.Small Enterprises Day
3.Small Investors Day
4.Medium Industry Day
5.Medium Enterprises DayAnswer – 1.Small Industry Day
Ministry of Micro, Small &Medium Enterprises(MSME) is celebrated Small Industry Day on 30th August This celebration will support and promote small industries. These industries play a major role in boosting state’s financial health.The trend of celebrating “SSI (Small Scale Industry) day” started in 2001. Celebrating ‘Industries Day’ will help districts to exhibit their growth potential and opportunities.