AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 3 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Who among the following former heavyweight world champion has retired from boxing?
Answer – 3.Wladimir Klitschko
Former heavyweight world champion Wladimir Klitschko has retired from boxing – ruling out a rematch with Britain’s Anthony Joshua. Klitschko is a two-time former champion, who held the unified title from 2006-2015.
- On August 2, 2017, Union Cabinet was apprised of MOU between India and _____ on cooperation in renewable energy
Answer – 1.Spain
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Spain on India-Spain Cooperation in renewable energy was signed on May 30, 2017 in Spain. The MoU will help in strengthening bilateral cooperation between the two countries with the exchange of expertise and networking of information.
- Union Cabinet has given its ex-post fac to approval for a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed among India and various BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, China & South Africa) for establishment of the BRICS-ARP. Abbreviation ‘ARP’ stands for:
1.Agriculture Regulatory Platform
2.Agriculture Research Portal
3.Agriculture Research Platform
4.Agriculture Regulatory Portal
5.Agriculture Redevelopment Platform
Answer – 3.Agriculture Research Platform
During the 7th BRICS Summit held on July 9, 2015 at Ufa in Russia, Prime Minister Narendra Modi proposed to establish BRICS Agriculture Research Centre. The Centre will promote sustainable agricultural development and poverty alleviation through strategic cooperation in agriculture to provide food security in the BRICS member countries.
- On August 2, 2017, Lok Sabha passed two bills for implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST) in:
3.Andaman & Nicobar Islands
4.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – 4.Jammu & Kashmir
On August 2, 2017, Lok Sabha passed two bills, CGST (Extension to Jammu and Kashmir) Bill, 2017 and IGST (Extension to Jammu and Kashmir) Bill, 2017, extending Central Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Integrated Goods and Services Tax (GST) to Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
- On August 2, 2017, Union Agriculture Ministry has signed a memorandum of association (MoA) for setting up a regional centre of the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) in:
Answer – 1.Varanasi
The MoA was signed between Agriculture Secretary Shobhana K Patnaik and IRRI Director General Matthew Morell. IRRI’s South Asia Regional Centre will be set up at the campus of National Seed Research and Training Centre (NSRTC) in Varanasi.
- Aadi Perukku festival is celebrated in which Indian State?
Answer – 2.Tamil Nadu
Aadi Perukku is celebrated for the birth of the Tamil month of Aadi. This is the beginning of all the festivals during the festival seasons. On August 3, 2017, The Aadi Perukku festival was celebrated with religious fervour in various towns on the banks of River Cauvery in Tamil Nadu.
- Which country has issued a ban prohibiting its citizens travelling to North Korea?
Answer – 4.US
The ban will come into effect from September 1, 2017. The new ban will remain in effect for one year, unless it is revoked sooner by US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. Exemptions will be allowed in specific cases for humanitarian travel and journalists.
- A new representative body, _________ is being set up to further enhance business relations between India and US.
1.US-India Business Partnership Forum
2.US-India Trade Partnership Forum
3.US-India Investment Partnership Forum
4.US-India Strategic Partnership Forum
5.US-India Bilateral Partnership Forum
Answer – 4.US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF)
US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF), a non-profit corporation aims to promote bilateral trade. The body will work closely together with businesses and government leaders to achieve its goals of driving economic growth, job creation, innovation, inclusion and entrepreneurship.
- Which entity has stated that India along with ASEAN – 5 countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam) is more attractive Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) destination as compared to other emerging markets?
2.Asian Development Bank
Answer – 1.Nomura
Nomura has dubbed India and ASEAN-5 (Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam) as “Asia’s tiger cubs” and has said that Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) flows to these nations are expected to surge to around USD 240 billion by 2025.
- Which company is planning to team up with social media site Facebook and search engine Google to increase its digital presence for better online marketing?
Answer – 3.Patanjali Ayurved
Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev-led Herbal products manufacturer Patanjali Ayurved plans to team up with social media site Facebook and search engine Google in a push to increase its digital presence for better online marketing.
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India Limited (MCX) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU)with which company to provide agriculture related price information?
1.Reliance Agri Solutions
2.Kotak Agro Solutions
3.Tata Agri Solutions
4.Mahindra Agri Solutions
5.Aditya Birla Agri Solutions
Answer – 4.Mahindra Agri Solutions Ltd
Mahindra Agri Solutions Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mahindra and Mahindra. This MoU would enhance the decision-making ability of the farmers. This partnership also strengthens the vision of the two leading organizations to empower farmers by offering knowledge based solutions.
- Hassan Rouhani has been sworn in as the President of which country for a second term?
Answer – 1.Iran
Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamanei gave his official approval for Rouhani’s appointment. Rouhani will administer the oath at the Iranian parliament on August 5, 2017. Before that, he has to present his cabinet before the parliament for a vote of confidence
- InCred,the Mumbai-based new age financial services group, has roped in which former cricketer as its Brand Ambassador?
Answer – 2.Rahul Dravid
InCred, a Mumbai-based start-up has raised $85 million, one of the largest rounds of funding of a start-up in the Indian financial services industry recently. The company said that it plans to work on its marketing strategy through various online and offline marketing platforms with Rahul Dravid.
- Who among the following Indian Women Cricketer has been appointed to the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) in the Punjab state police?
Answer – 3.Harmanpreet Kaur
Harmanpreet, the all-rounder cricketer had made 171 runs from 115 balls against Australia in the semi-finals and steered India into the ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 final. Chief Minister Amarinder Singh has directed the state Director General of Police (DGP) Suresh Arora to complete the necessary formalities for her appointment.
- The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has approved the proposed merger between _________and Telenor India.
Answer – 4.Bharti Airtel
Airtel would take over Telenor India’s spectrum in all seven circles — Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Maharashtra, Gujarat, UP (East), UP (West) and Assam. It would also acquire its licences and operations, including its employees and customer base of 44 million
- The Indian Army has developed a mobile application app called, _________,through which serving soldiers can track their details like postings and promotions.
Answer – 3.“Humraaz”
Through the ‘Humraaz’ app, soldiers can view their monthly salary slips and the Form 16 and also download them. For security reasons, the installation of the application has been linked to verification of Aadhaar details.
- Team of scientists from which countries have, for the first time, successfully freed embryos of a piece of faulty DNA that causes deadly heart disease to run in families?
1.US and China
2.US and South Korea
3.China and Japan
4.UK and Japan
5.China and South Korea
Answer – 2.US and South Korea
The study hints at the future of medicine, but also provokes deep questions about what is morally right. It potentially opens the door to preventing 10,000 disorders that are passed down the generations.
- An international team of astronomers has found that theSun’s core rotates nearly _____ times faster than its surface.
1.Two times faster
2.Three times faster
3.Four times faster
4.Five times faster
5.Six times faster
Answer – 3.Four times faster
The discovery was made possible with European Space Agency (ESA) and NASA’s Solar and Heliospheric Observatory, or SOHO, which helped the solar scientists find evidence of a type of seismic wave in Sun. These low-frequency waves, called g-modes, revealed that the solar core is rotating some four times faster than the solar surface.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.