AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 29,2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Tirumala Tirupati temple has deposited 2780 kg gold with Which entity under long term deposit scheme?
1. Bank of India
2. Andhra Bank
3. Karnataka bank
4. Union Bank
5. State Bank of India
Answer – 5.State Bank of India
Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams which is the famous temple of Lord Venkateswara and of the richest Hindu temple in India has deposited 2,780 kg of gold with State Bank of India under long term deposit schemeannounced on 29th Aug 2017.The gold deposits have been converted into the Long Term Deposit Scheme at a rate of 2.5% per annum for a period of 12 years from the date of investment under the Gold Monetisation Scheme.
- Which Department is going to launch Deep Ocean Mission by January 2018 to encourage research activities in ocean science?
1. Union Ministry of Earth Sciences
2. Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
3. Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
4. Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change
5. Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
Answer – 1. Union Ministry of Earth Sciences
The Union Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) is going to launch Deep Ocean Mission by January 2018 to encourage research activities in ocean science.
The proposed inter-ministerial and interdisciplinary project aims to explore and harness mineral resources beneath the ocean floor.India has 7,500 km of coastline and 2.4 million square km of exclusive economic zone (EEZ). The oceans along Indian peninsula contain enormous opportunities in energy, food, medicine and a host of other natural resources.
- The Ministry of Textiles has organized Pan India camps in handlooms and handicrafts of initiative “Hastkala Sahyog Shivir”. To whom this initiative is dedicated?
1. Nanaji Deshmuk
2. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee
3. Pandit Deendayal Upadhayay
Answer – 3. Pandit Deendayal Upadhayay
The Ministry of Textiles has organized Pan India camps in handlooms and handicrafts groups under the initiative “Hastkala Sahyog Shivir”.The camps will be organized during 7th October to 17th October 2017.This initiative is dedicated to Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Garib Kalyan Varsh, the birth centenary year of Pandit Deendayal Upadhayay.
- Where will be the First Synergy Conference on Defence Pension Organised by Defence Accounts Department held?
2. Gandhi Nagar
4. New Delhi
Ans – 4.New Delhi
On 28th August,2017,the Defence Accounts Department (DAD)organized its first Synergy Conference on Defence Pensions.The conference was attended by all Defence Pensioners Associations and was open to all Defence Pensioners.
i.The objective of the conference was to obtain feedback from the pensioners that would help the department to serve them better with constantly improving systems and procedures. Digitization of pension data and implementation of a pensions app were also discussed in detail.
- Name the Qatar’s Minister of Foreign Affairs arrived India for two-day visit on Aug 25 2017.
1. Sheikh Mohamed Bin AbdulRahman Al-Thani
2. Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan
3. Rashid Abdullah Al Nuaimi
4. Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa
5. Adel bin Ahmed Al-Jubeir
Answer –1.Sheikh Mohamed Bin AbdulRahman Al-Thani
Qatar’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Mohammed Bin Abdul Rahman Al-Thani arrived on a two-day visit, during which he will call on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and hold talks with his Indian counterpart Sushma Swaraj`Qatar is an important trading partner for India in the Gulf region with bilateral trade in 2014-15 standing at USD 15.67 billion. It is also one of India’s largest suppliers of crude oil.
- On August 29, 2017 International Atomic Energy Agency(IAEA) decided to open a low enriched Uranium bank in Which country?
Answer – 4. Kazakhstan
On August 29, 2017 International Atomic Energy Agency(IAEA) decided to open a low enriched Uranium bank in Kazakhstan. The objective is to ensure the supply of nuclear fuel in the event of disruption due to political or market problems.
The bank has been established at the Ulba metallurgical plant in northern Kazakhstan. The reserve, will store 90 tons of low-enriched uranium (LEU), the essential ingredient needed to make the fuel for light-water nuclear reactors, which generate electricity.Usually low enriched uranium is purchased on the open market or by bilateral agreement between countries, it is a system in which this new bank does not want to disrupt.
- Which country passes world’s toughest plastic bag law on pollution ?
Answer – 2.Kenya
Those who are producing, selling or even using the non-degradable bags now face four years in jail or a $40,000 (USD) /(£31,000) fine in Kenya.Kenya has passed the world’s toughest law against plastic bags on pollution. Kenya is a major exporter of plastic bags in Africa. The East African nation joins more than 40 other countries that have banned, partly banned or taxed single-use plastic bags, including China, France, Rwanda, and Italy.
- Name the Policy has been released from Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) which is under ministry of commerce and industry on 28th august ,2017.
1. Fixed Income Investment Policy
2. Infrastructure Investment Policy
3. Global Equity Investment Policy
4. Private Equity Investment Policy
5. Foreign Direct Investment Policy
Answer –5. Foreign Direct Investment Policy
On 28th august ,2017 the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) which is under ministry of commerce and industry has released the consolidated Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Policy subsuming all the changes in rules and procedures notified by the government over the past year.
For the first time, the document included the start-upswhich can raise up to 100% of funds from foreign Venture Capital Investors(FVCI). Foreign investments are considered crucial for India, which needs around USD 1 trillion for overhauling its infrastructure sector such as ports, airports and highways to boost growth.
- What is the world’s first contract has been launched by The Indian Commodity Exchange(ICEX) on 28th of Aug 2017?
1. Diamond futures contracts
2. Benitoite futures contracts
3. Taaffeite futures contracts
4. Platinum futures contracts
5. Alexandrite futures contracts
Answer – 1.Diamond futures contracts
The Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX) has launched the world’s first diamond futures contracts. It is going to be the first diamond exchange in the world announced on 28th of Aug 2017. It will provide exporters with a hedging tool.
The first diamond contract for delivery in November was traded at Rs 3,279/cent. One cent is the one-hundredth of a carat (ct).ICEX has launched 1 ct diamond futures contract for delivery in November and followed by contracts with monthly settlements..The 1-carat contract for expiry in November, December and January will have delivery centre at Surat in the western state of Gujarat.
iv.After making the initial contract successful 50 cents and 30 cents contracts will be introduced.
- Who is the chairman of National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) won two awards of the Assocham Services Excellence Award 2017?
1. S.Venkatesh bhatt
4. H Purushotham
Answer – 4. H Purushotham
NRDC, the technology transfer and commercialisation arm of the Ministry of Science & Technology has grabbed two awards on 29th Aug 2017.The award ceremony was held in Stockholm, Sweden.NRDC has won the Assocham Services Excellence Award 2017 and its Chairman and Managing Director, H Purushotham an international recognition.NRDC also won the Assocham Services Excellence Awards 2017 in the area of Technology Transfer Services.The International Association of Advanced Materials (IAAM) Sweden honoured Purushotham with the IAAM Medal 2017.
- Who named as Union of European Football Association (UEFA) Women Player of the Year 2016 – 17?
1. Lieke Martens
2. Mia Hamm
3. Michelle Akers
4. Birgit Prinz
5. Homare Sawa
Answer – 1.Lieke Martens
Lieke Martens has won the UEFA Women’s Player of the Year award after her player-of-the-tournament performance at UEFA Women’s EURO 2017.The 2017-18 UEFA Champions League held in Monaco.Lieke Martens is from the Netherlands. Lieke Martens was named UEFA Women’s Player of the Year after leading the Netherlands to the 2017 Women’s Euro title.The UEFA Women’s EURO 2017 winner, who recently signed for FC Barcelona from FC Rosengard, claimed a total of 95 points.
- To Which Bank Mohammad Mustafa has appointed as the chairman and managing director on 28th of Aug 2017?
1. State Industrial Development Corporations
2. Small Industries Development Bank of India
3. Industrial Investment Bank of India
4. Industrial Development Bank of India
5. Regional level development Banks
Answer – 2.Small Industries Development Bank of India
Small Industries development Bank of India (SIDBI) has appointed Mohammad Mustafa as the chairman and managing director announced on 28th of Aug 2017.
Mustafa, a 1995 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, is at present Joint Secretary in Department of Financial Services.The Appointments Committee of the cabinet has approved his appointment to the post for three years.
- The Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS) inaugurated Ocean forecasting system for Madagascar and ____________.
Answer – 3. Mozambique
The Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS) of the Ministry of Earth Sciences has inaugurated the Ocean Forecasting System for Comoros, Madagascar, and Mozambique.The system was inaugurated at the third Ministerial Meeting of Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Asia and Africa (RIMES).The meeting was held at Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
- On August 29,2017, India ended its campaign in 14th World Wrestling Championships (WWC) 2017 held at Which Country?
Ans – 2.France
On August 29,2017, India ended its campaign in 14th World Wrestling Championships (WWC) 2017 held at Paris, France.This is the second successive World Championship that Indian wrestlers have returned empty-handed (previous one was at Budapest, Hungary). A strong 24-member Indian contingent did not just fail to make it to the podium but everyone lost in the initial rounds of their respective weight categories.
- Who won Belgian Grand Prix in F1 title race On August 27 2017?
1. Michael Schumacher
2. Daniel Ricciardo
3. Lewis Hamilton
4. Kimi Raikkonen
5. Valtteri Bottas
Ans – 3. Lewis Hamilton
On August 27 2017 Lewis Hamilton wins Belgian Grand Prix in his 200th Formula One race.
i.Vettel remained within a second. Daniel Ricciardo was third, fourth-placed Kimi Raikkonen and fifth-placed occupied by Valtteri Bottas.
ii.Hamilton clinched his fifth win of the season and 58th overall, having equaled Michael Schumacher’s pole record Lewis
- In order to honour whom August 29 is celebrated as National Sports Day.
1. Kishan Lal
2. Major Dhyan Chand
3. Balbir Singh
4. Jaipal Singh Munda
5. Charanjit Singh
Ans – 2.Major Dhyan Chand
On August 29 2017 Prime Minister Narendra Modi tribute to the legendary hockey player Major Dhyan Chand, and congratulated all sportspersons on the occasion of National Sports Day.He also launched National Sports Talent Search Portal. August 29 marks the birth anniversary of India’s hockey legend, Major Dhyan Chand. In order to honour him this day is celebrated as National Sports Day.He earned three gold medals for India during the 1928, 1932 and 1936 Olympics. He is Known as “The Wizard” for his superb ball control.
- Name of the day observed on 29th August other than national sports day.
1. International Day against Nuclear tests
2. International Day of Research
3. International Day of Medical tests
4. International Day against Terrorist attacks
5. International Day against discrimination
Ans – 1.International Day against Nuclear tests
The International Day against Nuclear Tests is observed on 29th August. It was established on 2ndDecember 2009 at the 64th session of the United Nations General Assembly by the resolution 64/35.It was on this day, 25 years ago, that the Semipalatinsk nuclear weapon test site in Kazakhstan, one of the largest nuclear weapon test sites in the world, was closed.The International Day against Nuclear Tests fosters ideas of a future free of nuclear weapons and testing.
iv.There will be a need to observe International Day against Nuclear Tests as we work towards promoting peace and security world-wide..
- Legendary footballer Ahmed Khan, a member of India’s gold winning football team at the first Asian Games in the year?
Ans – 5.1951
Ahmed Khan, a member of India’s gold winning football team at the first Asian Games in 1951, passed away. He was 91.Khan represented India in two Olympic Games — 1948 in London and 1952 in Helsinki Finland apart from two Asian Games in Delhi and 1954 in Manila.Khan, who played as a striker represented India in 11 matches and made his debut against France in the London Olympics.
iii.He was also a member of the victorious back to back Quadrangular Trophy winning Indian squad in 1953 and 1954.