AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 28,2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- What kind of missle Defence Minister Arun Jaitley has been handed over jointly developed by India and Israel, to the Indian Navy at Bharat Dynamics? Ltd(BDL) at Kanchanbagh, Hyderabad?
1. Exo-atmospheric Anti-ballistic missile
2. Medium-range surface-to-air missile
3. Short Range surface to air missile
4. Endoatmospheric Anti-ballistic missile
5. Long-Range Surface-to-Air MissileAnswer – 5.Long-Range Surface-to-Air
Defence Minister Arun Jaitley handed over the Long-Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM) jointly developed by India and Israel, to the Indian Navy at Bharat Dynamics Ltd (BDL) at Kanchanbagh, Hyderabad. The first batch of LRSAM, being inducted into the Navy, was symbolically handed over to Vice Admiral Karambir Singh, the vice-chief of naval staff. The Rocket Motor Static Test Facility was dedicated to the nation by Arun Jaitley at BDL’s Ibrahimpatnam Complex located near Hyderabad. An amount of 48 Crores spent on this facility.
- How many MoUs have signed during Nepal PM Sher Bahadur Deuba on 5-day visit to India?
5. 7Answer – 1. 8
Nepal’s PM Sher Bahadur Deuba made his maiden visit to India as prime minister. Eventhough India and Nepal has some areas of concern in recent days his arrival confirmed Kathmandu’s abiding interest in strong ties with India.
i.India and Nepal signed eight memorandums of understanding (MoUs)
ii.Nepal PM Sher Bahadur Deuba Visits Infosys,T-Hub and Taj Falaknuma Palace in Hyderabad.
- Who inaugurated the 5.8-tonne category Light Combat Helicopter(LCH) and program (Hawk – i) to our nation at HAL(bengaluru)?
1. Raj Nath Singh
2. Kalraj Mishra
3. D.V. Sadananda Gowda
4. Smriti Zubin Irani
5. Arun JaitleyAnswer -5. Arun Jaitley
Arun Jaitley inaugurates manufacture of light combat helicopter at HAL
On August 26 2017 Defence minister Arun jaitley, inaugurates the 5.8-tonne category Light Combat Helicopter(LCH) and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited(HAL) design upgrade program (Hawk – i) to our nation at HAL(bengaluru).
- Which tourism department has launched Dasara Special Tour Packages on Golden Chariot Luxury Train?
5. MaharashtraAnswer – 3.Karnataka
Karnataka’s Department of Tourism has announced Dasara Special Tour Packages announced on 28th of Aug 2017.The department has planned to launch the ‘Dasara Special Tour Package’ in the Golden Chariot Luxury Train, to promote the state festival.The Golden Chariot is South India’s first and only luxury tourist train run by Karnataka State Tourist Department Corporation (KSTDC).
iii.Dasara Special Trips include a two night and one day package at a subsided rate of Rs 25,000 per person (for Indians) and Rs 40, 000 for foreigners.
- India has signed an agreement with which country on technical cooperation under the Energy Programme – Green Energy Corridors (IGEN-GEC)?
5. UKAnswer – 2.Germany
India and Germany has signed an agreement on technical cooperation under the Indo-German Energy Programme – Green Energy Corridors (IGEN-GEC) on 28th Aug 2017.The agreement was signed by India’s Ministry of New and Renewable Energy(MNRE) and Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH India on behalf of Germany.The main aim of this programme is to improve the sector framework and conditions for grid integration of renewable energy.
- Which president hosted the summit of Europe’s ‘big four’ on 28th of Aug 2017?
1. Frank-Walter Steinmeier of Germany
2. Sergio Mattarella of Italy
3. Mariano Rajoy Brey of Spain
4. Michel Temer of Brazil
5. Emmanuel Macron of FranceAnswer -5. Emmanuel Macron of France
The main focus of a summit of Europe’s ‘big four’ continental powers is getting Europe’s migrant crisis under control. It is hosted on 28th of Aug 2017 by French President Emmanuel Macron.French president has also invited three African nations to the talks held in Paris.The meeting hosts the leaders Germany, Italy and Spain as well as the leaders of Chad, Niger and Libya, aimed to assess the situation.
- For how many years Government imposes Anti-dumping duty on sodium nitrite imports from China?
1. Two years
2. Three years
3. Four years
4. Five years
5. Six yearsAnswer – 4.Five years
The Finance Ministry has imposed a five year anti-dumping duty on Sodium Nitrite imports from China announced on 26th of Aug 2017.It was imposed based on recommendations of Directorate General of Antidumping and Allied Duties (DGAD).The revenue department has imposed definitive anti-dumping duty of $ 72.95 per tonne on Sodium Nitrite imports from China.There are two more producers of Sodium Nitrite in the country – National Fertilisers Ltd and Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilisers Limited.
- Which cab service introduces new features –‘In-app chat’ and ‘multi destination’?
3. Easy Cabs
5. Taxi For SureAnswer – 2. Uber
Uber introduces two new features –‘In-app chat’ and ‘multi destination’
Uber has announced a two new features namely ‘In-app chat’ and ‘multi-destination’ option in India announced on 28th Aug 2017.The in-app chat feature aims to help riders and driver partners get in touch with one another to detect their exact location through chats inside the app.The chat feature will enable to coordinate faster pickup, since users don’t have to switch between apps to make calls.
- Dipak Misra sworn in as _______ Chief Justice of India.
5. 50thAnswer – 3.45th
Justice Dipak Misra has sworn 45th Chief Justice of India at a brief ceremony in the Darbar Hall of Rashtrapati Bhavan. He will succeed Chief Justice JS Khehar.
Chief Justice Misra will hold office for the next 13 months, till 2nd October 2018..His oath was administered by President Ram Nath Kovind on 28th of Aug 2017.He led the Supreme Court bench that confirmed death to four convicts in the Nirbhaya gang-rape case in May 2016.
- Which firm completes acquisition of Urban Fulfillment Services, LLC on 25th Aug 2017?
4. Tech Mahindra
5. CTSAnswer – 2.HCL
HCL Technologies has completed the acquisition of Urban Fulfilment Services, LLC on 25th Aug 2017.The acquisition has been completed with effect from August 24, 2017.It will be acquiring 100% stake in UFS, and that the total cash consideration for this transaction is up to USD 30 million.UFS was founded in 2002 and has over 350 employees and operates out of three centres in the US.The acquisition of UFS will bring its capability in mortgage BPO services, loan fulfilment and debt servicing space.
- Which of the following US cyber security firm has tied up with Bharati Airtel to provide cyber security solutions in India?
2. ImageWare Systems
3. Oxford Solutions
5. ProStar solutionsAnswer – 4. Symantec
India’s mobile operator Bharati Airtel tied up with US cyber security firm Symantec to provide cyber security solutions in India.Recent wannacry and petraware ransom attacks poses a threat to India’s cyber security. It has been identified that the Petya ransomware targeted India’s largest container port, the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust. Ransomware WannaCry had crippled systems worldwide and affected around around 99 countries, including India.
- Which chemical compound can be produced from cotton-stalks by Scientists in CSIR’s National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology?
5. geraniolAnswer – 2.ethanol
Scientists from CSIR’s National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (CSIR-NIIST), Thiruvananthapuram have been able to turn waste into wealth and have produced ethanol from discarded cotton-stalks by using a combination of chemical and biological techniques.The stalks were first treated with an acid, alkali and different enzymes to breakdown the complex organic polymers of the stalk.India has produced about 9.4 million hectares under cotton cultivation and every hectare generates 2 million tonnes of cotton stalk wastes. The results were published in Bioresource Technology.
- Who launches Sports Talent Search Portal at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi?
1. Venkaiah Naidu
2. Narendra modi
3. Ramnath Kovind
4. Achal Kumar Jyoti
5. Dipak MisraAnswer – 1.Venkaiah Naidu
The Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu has launched the National Sports Talent Search Portal at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi. It is a government initiative to bring sporting talent from every nook and corner of the country announced on 28th Aug 2017.Under the initiative, a child or his parents, teachers or coaches can upload his bio data or video on the portal.The portal will be available in English and other regional languages so that it is easier for any boy or girl who is talented in a particular sport to upload his or her achievements from any part of the country.
- What disorders can be detected by biosensor which developed by researchers from Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), Bombay and Indore?
5. KidneyAnswer – 5.Kidney
Researchers from Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), Bombay and Indore, have jointly developed a biosensor to detect kidney disorders in less than eight minutes.The biosensor can accurately measure both the pH and urea concentration with a single drop of urine.It will help make a point-of-care test to determine whether the kidneys are functioning normally. It is developed by three researchers-Rashmi Chaudhari, Abhijeet Joshi, and Rohit Srivastava.
- Where was 23rd BWF world championship held From Aug .21 2017 – Aug. 27 2017?
1. Tokyo, Japan
2. Paris , France
3. Khaula lampur, Malaysia
4. Beijing, China
5. Glasgow, ScotlandAnswer – 5. Glasgow, Scotland
The 23rd BWF world championship was held in Glasgow, Scotland from 21 – 27 August 2017 at the Emirates Arena, Glasgow.The BWF World Championships is a badminton tournament sanctioned by Badminton World Federation (BWF). The tournament offers the most ranking points, together with Summer Olympic Games. The winners will be crowned as the “World Champions” and awarded gold medals. However, it does not offer any prize money.
- Who won the gold medal in Men’s singles of 23rd BWF World Campionship-2017 ?
1. Chen Long of China
2. Son Wan-Ho of South Korea
3. Viktor Axelsen of Denmark
4. Srikanth Kidambi of India
5. Chou Tien-chen of TaiwanAnswer – 3. Viktor Axelsen of Denmark
Men’s Singles –viktor axelsen of Denmark . Viktor Axelsen claimed Denmark’s first men’s singles gold in 20 years at the badminton World Championships after he beat China’s Lin Dan .LIN DAN is a two-time Olympic champion and five-time World champion.
- Who won the gold medal in Women’s singles of 23rd BWF World Campionship-2017 ?
1. Carolina Marin of Spain
2. Tai Tzu-Ying of Taiwan
3. Nozomi Okuhara of Japan
4. P. V. Sindhu of India
5. Sun Yu of ChinaAnswer – 3. Nozomi Okuhara of Japan
Women’s Singles –Nozomi Okuhara of Japan. The final match was between Nozomi and P.V Sindhu . It was toughest one with score of 19-21, 22-20, 20-22 in final.Nozomi won bronze medal in 2016 Olympic.Gold- Nozomi [Japan] ii.Silver- P.V Sindhu [ India] iii.Bronze- Saina Nehwal [India] P.V.Sindhu became a second Indian to win silver medal in BWF world championship.
- India won SAFF under 15 Championship against Which Country?
5. NepalAnswer – 5.Nepal
The Indian U-15 football team defeated Nepal to win the SAFF U-15 Championships in Kathmandu on 27th of Aug 2017.India beat Nepal by 2-1 in the final and the match took place at ANFA Complex, Lalitpur in Nepal.The goals from Lalrokima and Vikram guided India to a deserving 2-1 victory.The motive behind the U-15 is to allow teams to be better prepared for the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Under-16 qualifiers to be held in 2017.