Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The Union Government has set up how much capital for displaced people of Pakistan occupied Kashmir living in India?
A.Rs. 1000 Crore
B.Rs. 2000 Crore
C.Rs. 3000 Crore
D.Rs. 4000 Crore
Answer – B.Rs. 2000 Crore
The government is all set to announce an Rs 2,000 crore package for displaced people of Pakistan occupied Kashmir living in India amid Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s approaches to people of PoK and Gilgit-Baltistan region of Pakistan.
- Country’s first Electropreneur Park is inaugurated at which university by the Minister for Electronics and Information Technology?
A.Jawaharlal Nehru University
D.Banaras Hindu University
Answer – C.Delhi University
India’s first Electropreneur Park is inaugurated by the Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Ravi Shankar Prasad at Delhi University. Government funded Electropreneur Park, an incubation centre with focus on IP creation and product development to increase domestic manufacturing of electronics items.
- The Sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development was held from 27 to 28 August 2016 in which country?
Answer – B.Kenya
The Sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD-VI) was held from 27 to 28 August 2016 in Nairobi, Kenya. This conference held regularly with the objective “to promote high-level policy dialogue between African leaders and development partners.
- Murugappa Group owned Carborundum Universal announced the inauguration of its Research and Development Centre at its Industrial Ceramics division at which city in Tamilnadu?
Answer – D.Hosur
Murugappa Group owned Carborundum Universal (CUMI) announced the inauguration of its Research and Development centre at its industrial ceramics division in Hosur Tamilnadu. However the Firm was tightlipped about the investment details.
- Which division has won the overall team championship at the 82nd All India Railway Athletic Championship held at Tiruchirapalli ?
Answer – A.Western Railway
In the 82nd All India Railway athletic Championship Mumbai based Western Railway won the overall team championship held at Tiruchirapalli Tamil Nadu. Meanwhile Central railway came in the second place and Southern Railway third in the overall team category. Tiruchirapalli Railway Divisional manager A K Agarwal gave away the trophies and prizes in the function.
- Tennis Star Sania Mirza partenered with which player clinched Women’s doubles title after taking victory at the Connecticuit Open in the U.S?
D.Chuang Chia Jung
Answer – B.Monica Niculescu
Ace Tennis star Sania Mirza with Monica Niculescu of Romania clinched a Women’s doubles title after taking victory at the Connecticut Open in the U.S. The Indo- Romanian pair capped off their newly revived doubles partnership with their first title together with a straight set victory over the duo of Kateryna Bondarenko of Ukraine and Chuang Chia-Jung of Taiwan in the title clash by 7-5, 6-4.
- In which State 55th All India Wheat & Barley Research Workers Meet concluded with eight varieties of wheat and one of barley have been identified?
Answer – D.Haryana
On the 55th All India Wheat & Barley Research Workers meet which concluded in Hissar Haryana. Agriculture scientists revealed that eight varieties of wheat and one of barley have been identified across the country.
- Which state has become the first state to start mobile application for medical services with the launch of “108 Mobile App” by State Health and Family Welfare Minister Kaul Singh Thakur?
Answer – D.Himachal Pradesh
State Health and Family Welfare Minister Kaul Singh Thakur mobile application for availing ambulance services with the launch of “108 Mobile App”. By doing so, Himachal became the first state to start mobile application for medical services.
- Which Company has announced a new dedicated web form for reporting hate speech on its hosted consumer services and a separate online form for petitions to reconsider and reinstate content?
Answer – A.Microsoft
Tech giant Microsoft has announced a new dedicated web form for reporting hate speech on its hosted consumer services and a separate online form for petitions to reconsider and reinstate content.
- Indian Space Research Organisation successfully tested __________ from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
D.None of these
Answer – C.Scramjet Engine
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully tested its own scramjet engines from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh. A scramjet supersonic combusting ramjet is a variant of a ramjet air breathing jet engine in which combustion takes place in supersonic airflow. As in ramjets, a scramjet relies on high vehicle speed to forcefully compress the incoming air before combustion.
- Who has been appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of India’s Largest Infrastructure Engineering Company Larsen & Toubro’s Groups?
A.M N Sudaram
B.S K Pandit
C.S N Subrahmanyan
D.T K Mandeep
Answer – C.S N Subrahmanyan
Larsen & Toubro’s group named S N Subrahmanyan as the Managing director and chief executive officer of India’s largest infrastructure engineering company from October first. He is serving as deputy managing director and president of the company who will take over from executive chairman AM Naik as he retires on September 30, 2017.
- Who has been appointed as the President of Indian Bullion and Jewellers Association?
Answer – A.Mukesh Mehta
Apex association for all bullion and jewellery associations in the country, India Bullion and Jewellers Association (IBJA) has been appointed noted jeweller Mukesh Mehta as a president of the body.
- Which group announced appointment of Amit Chandra as the managing director of Bain Capital with effect from August 26th 2016?
D.None of these
Answer –D.None of these
The Tata Group announced the appointment of Amit Chandra, managing director of Bain Capital, on the Tata Sons board as a non-executive director with effect from August 26. Amit Chandra joined Bain Capital as Managing Director in early 2008 and is part of the firm’s leadership team in Asia.
- Which bank has opened a branch at Lulu International Shopping Mall, Edapally in Kerala by the state Chief Minister?
A.Bank of America
D.None of these
Answer – C.Doha Bank
Qatar based Doha Bank has opened a branch, the Kerala’s Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the branch at Lulu International Shopping Mall in Edapally. The Bank also held an investors conference on Kerala-Qatar Investment Opportunities, which saw a participation of major investors and SMEs from the state and GCC and Doha Bank officials
- Which statement is correct related to Market Watchdog Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has lined up wide-ranging relaxations to its norms for REITs and InvITs?
A.Would allow up to 20 per cent investment by such trusts in under-construction projects
B.to rationalise the requirements under the Related Party Transactions, under which approval of 50 per cent unit holders apart from related parties
C.65 per cent unit holders, apart from related parties, for passing special resolutions
D.None of these
Answer – A.Would allow up to 20 per cent investment by such trusts in under-construction projects
The InvITs (Infrastructure Investment Trusts), REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts) Regulations were under review for the framework for Institutional Trading Platform (ITP) for startups by the SEBI. It would allow up to 20 per cent investment by such trusts in under-construction projects, up from a maximum of 10 per cent allowed now.
- Velankanni festival celebrated in which state ?
Answer – B.Tamil Nadu
The 11-day annual feast of Shrine Basilica of Our Lady of Health, popularly called Annai Velankanni Matha, began in Velankanni on Monday evening with a huge procession and hoisting of the holy flag by Most Rev. M. Devadass Ambrose, Bishop of Thanjavur.