Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- In which city, Gujarat government is planning to set up India’s first textile university with an investment of about Rs 800 crore?
Answer – C.Surat
The ultimate aim of the university is to provide all kind of support including technology, research and development (R&D), skilled manpower.
- Which book fair has kick started with 22nd edition to promote literacy and higher education among children and the youth?
A.Goa Book Fair
B.Agra Book Fair
C.Mumbai Book Fair
D.Delhi Book Fair
Answer – D.Delhi Book Fair
The Book Show intended to highlight initiatives undertaken by the central government for its ‘Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan’ flagship programme to inculcate better reading habits among the younger generation.
- Which festival kicked off in the capital city of the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan Thimbu on 26 August 2016?
A.Mountain Ranges Literary Festival 2016
B.Mount Everest Literary Festival 2016
C.Himalayan Echoes Literary Festival 2016
D.Mountain Echoes Literary Festival 2016
Answer – D.Mountain Echoes Literary Festival 2016
The festival was inaugurated by Queen Mother Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck, (Royal Patron) which aims to provide a platform for the greatest literary minds to engage in a cultural dialogue. In this edition it will focus on climate change, women’s voices and travel writing.
- In which place, The first Asian Science and Technology (S&T) Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR 2016-DRR) was initiated?
B.New York, US
Answer – A.Bangkok, Thailand
The first Asian Science and Technology (S&T) Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR 2016-DRR) was organized by United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction – Regional Office for Asia and Pacific (UNISDR AP)held at Bangkok in Thailand.
- In which place, The 19th SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) summit would be held on 9 and 10 November?
Answer – A.IslamabadExplanation :
The 19th SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) summit will be held in Islamabad on 9 and 10 November.
- Prime Minister has constituted a task force to make various suggestions to the road map for the next Olympics to be held in which country?
Answer – D.Japan
After India’s dismal show in the concluded Rio Olympics 2016 Prime Minister Narendra Modi said about constituting a task force, which will make various suggestions to the roadmap for the next three quadrennial Games 2020 (Tokyo), 2024 and 2028.
- Maharashtra State Chief Minister has unveiled a detailed plan for the Mumbai-Nagpur Super Communication Expressway of how many Kilometers to connect 24 districts?
Answer – C.706 Km
Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis has unveiled a detailed plan for the Mumbai-Nagpur Super Communication Expressway, a 706-km link that seeks to connect 24 districts and improve access from rural communities in the east to commercial hubs in the west.
- Which Country has created the World’s largest marine protected area by expanding an existing ocean reserve off Hawaii to cover 582,578 square miles?
Answer – B.United States
US Government has created the world’s largest marine protected area by expanding an existing ocean reserve off Hawaii to cover 582,578 square miles that will provide critical protections for more than 7,000 marine species.
- Which of following natural cause to be detected on land and the sea floor using seismic equipment known as an S wave Microseism found by Japan Researchers?
D.All the Above
Answer – B.Earthquakes
Japan researchers found a tremor known as an S wave microseism, using seismic equipment on land and on the seafloor that usually detects the Earth’s crust crumbling during earthquakes.
- Who has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer for Domestic Broadcast Business leader Mumbai Zee Entertainment Enterprises?
Answer – B.Punit Misra
Indian media and Entertainment Company based in Mumbai Zee Entertainment Enterprises has appointed Punit Misra as Chief Executive Officer for domestic broadcast business.
- Film actress Sharmila Tagore, theatre activist Arundhati Nag and film studies academician Ira Bhaskar have been appointed new members of which council to deal with complaints against TV content?
Answer – B.BCCC
Film actress Sharmila Tagore, theatre activist Arundhati Nag and film studies academician Ira Bhaskar have been appointed new members of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC), the self-regulatory body which hears complaints against TV content.
- Who has been chosen for the Sports Journalists Association of Mumbai’s (SJAM) Golden Jubilee Annual Awards 2016?
Answer – D.Lalita Babar
Steeplechase specialist Lalita Babar, who finished a creditable 10th in the Rio Olympics, has been chosen for the Sports Journalists Association of Mumbai’s (SJAM) Golden Jubilee Annual Awards 2016.
- Department of Industrial policy and Promotion has planned to launch a nation-wide awareness campaign on which rights?
A.Employees Compensation Rights
B.Maternity Benefit Act
C.Intellectual Property Rights
D.Right to Equality
Answer – C.Intellectual Property Rights
Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, DIPP, will launch a nation-wide awareness campaign on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
- Finance Minister suggested creation of a task force of experts and officials to deliberate on the challenges in international arbitration in the __________countries.
D.All the Above
Answer – C.BRICS
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley suggested creation of a task force of experts and officials to deliberate on the challenges in international arbitration in the BRICS countries and put in place institutional mechanisms to establish arbitral centers in these nations.
- Name the galaxy found by the Astronomers as big as the Milky Way that consists almost entirely of dark matter?
Answer – D.Dragonfly 44
Astronomers have found a galaxy as big as the Milky Way that consists almost entirely of dark matter accounts 99.99 percent of the stuff in this galaxy that can’t be seen. The galaxy named Dragonfly 44, is located in the nearby Coma constellation was first detected in 2015, through the use of the Dragonfly Telephoto Array in New Mexico.