Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which firm has taken the title sponsorship rights for the two T20 International matches between India and West Indies played in Florida, USA?
D.Reliance JioAnswer – A.Paytm
The Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) awarded the title sponsorship rights to Paytm for the upcoming two T20 International matches between India and West Indies to be played in Florida, USA.
- Which state has become the ninth state to ratify the Goods and Service Tax Constitution Amendment Bill by the House?
D.NagalandAnswer – D.Nagaland
The Nagaland State Assembly ratified the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Constitution Amendment Bill by the House by a voice vote following a discussion on 26 August 2016.
- Which city to host the 2017 Bharatiy Pravasi Divas to be held from 7th to 9th February 2017 to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian community to the development of India?
D.BengaluruAnswer – D.Bengaluru
IT-BT capital of the country, Bengaluru, will host the 2017 Bharatiya Pravasi Divas. It is scheduled to take place on February 7, 8 and 9 of 2017.
- Name the online complaint box unveiled by Union Minister for Women and Child Development for reporting child sexual abuse in New Delhi?
D.PUCOS e-boxAnswer – B.POCSO e-box
Union Minister for Women and Child Development, Maneka Sanjay Gandhi has launched an online complaint box named POCSO e-Box for reporting child sexual abuse in New Delhi on 26 August 2016.
- Which State government has planned to transform 1,000 villages with the help of corporate sector and civil society over upcoming years?
D.GujaratAnswer – B.Maharashtra
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis unveiled the State government plans to transform 1,000 villages with the help of corporate sector, and the civil society over the next few years.
- The United States Postal Service has planned to release the Forever Stamp on October 5th to commemorate which Indian Festival to be hosted at Consulate General of India in New York?
D.PongalAnswer – C.Diwali
The United States Postal Service will commemorate the festival of Diwali with a Forever stamp on Oct 5 and on behalf of this a dedication ceremony to be hosted at Consulate General of India in New York.
- Reserve Bank of India requested all banks to grant loans to which sector people upto Rs. 3 Lakh at 7% interest rate per annum?
B.Daily wages Workers
D.Self Help GroupsAnswer – D.Self Help Groups
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked to grand loans to Women Self-Help Group (SHG) up to Rs 3 lakh at 7 per cent interest rate per annum. The Revised Scheme comes from RBI after it god approval from Rural Development Ministry.
- Name of the mobile application has been released by Karnataka Bank Limited built on the Unified Payments Interface platform of the NPCI?
Mangaluru based Karnataka Bank has come up with a mobile application named KBL-SMARTz built on the unified payments interface (UPI) platform of the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- Which Financial Institution has announced a funding of Rs. 980 Crore to dredge the Brahmaputra as an initiative to develop waterways to Bangladesh and South East Asain Countries?
B.State Bank of India
D.Reserve Bank of IndiaAnswer –C.World Bank
The World Bank has announced a funding of Rs 980 crore to dredge the Brahmaputra as an initiative to develop waterways to Bangladesh and to other South East Asian countries which are give fillip to trade and industry in the Area.
- Which Industry held the first position in the list of 100 “The World’s Most innovative Companies” released by Forbes based on their creative disruption, potential for innovation and investor interest?
A.TESLA MOTORS INC.
D.INCYTE CORPAnswer – A.TESLA MOTORS INC.
Forbes has released a list of 100 ‘The World’s Most Innovative Companies’. These 100 companies ranked on the list are based on their creative disruption, potential for innovation and investor interest.
- Who ranked the first position in Forbes magazine list of the world’s highest paid actors with an estimated 2016 payday of $64.5 million?
D.Tom CruiseAnswer – A.Dwayne Johanson
Wrestler cum actor Dwayne Johnson topped a Forbes magazine list of the world’s highest paid actors with an estimated 2016 payday of $64.5 million. Once again the Forbes annual list proved that actresses earned less than actors.
- Who has been named as the UEFA’s Best Player in Europe for the Second Time after winning the Champions League and Euro 2016?
D.Gareth BaleAnswer – B.Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo has been named Uefa’s Best Player in Europe for the second time after winning the Champions League and Euro 2016. It is noted that the Real Madrid forward beat team-mate Gareth Bale and Atletico Madrid striker Antoine Griezmann were in the voting.
- Indian Foreign Service holder P Kumaran has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to which Country?
D.QatarAnswer – D.Qatar
P Kumaran Indian Foreign Service – 1992 batch, presently Joint secretary in the Ministry, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the State of Qatar.
- India ranked which position on the World Risk index is published by the UNU Institute for Environment and Human Security?
D.79Answer – B.77
The World Risk Report 2016, published by the UNU Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) and Bundnis Entwicklung Hilft, analyses the role that infrastructure plays in shaping a country’s disaster risk. India has been ranked 77th on the World Risk Index, topped by Island state of Vanuatu.
- Who has been appointed as Panel head to probe the implementation of reforms as per the apex court verdict of the BCCI?
D.None of theseAnswer – D.None of these
The BCCI submitted the first Compliance Report to the Supreme Court-appointed Justice RM Lodha Panel in regards to the implementation of reforms as per the apex court verdict.