Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Who ranked first position in the Badminton Rankings released recently by Badminton World Federation?
C.P V Sindhu
D.Saina NehwalAnswer –A.Carolina Marin
Carolina Marin remains the World No. 1 player, while Rio semi-finalist Li Xuerui moved to second spot. Nozomi Okuhara of Japan moved to third spot despite the loss against PV Sindhu in the semifinals. Yihan Wang dropped to 4th place from 2nd.
- Who has been appointed as the Chairman of a five member National Rifle Association of India review Committee to probe the players dejected in the Rio Olympic?
D.Manisha MalhotraAnswer –A.Abhinav Bindra
India’s Olympic gold-medallist Abhinav Bindra has been named as the Chairman of a five-member National Rifle Association of India review committee to probe the shooters’ dejected show in the Rio Games
- Indian Men’s Hockey team ranked which position in the world rankings released by International Hockey Federation?
D.7thAnswer – C.6th
Indian men’s hockey team slipped one place to occupy sixth in the FIH rankings after their lusterless show in Rio Olympics while their Women Hockey team surprisingly gained one position to be at 12th in the latest charts.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved how many projects for expansion of railway network and connectivity across the country?
D.11Answer – B.9
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved nine projects worth about Rs 24,000 crore on 24th August 2016 in nine states for expansion of railway network and connectivity across the country.
- Which state has became the eighth state to ratify the Goods and Service Tax Constitution Amendment bill?
D.DelhiAnswer – D.Delhi
The Madhya Pradesh and Delhi Assembly ratified the Goods and Service Tax (GST) Constitution Amendment Bill, With this MP and Delhi became the seventh and eighth State to ratify the historic tax amendment bill.
- Which State postal circle launched a special speed post service for the high court to accelerate delivery of summons and notices?
D.ManipurAnswer – C.Jharkhand
The Jharkhand postal circle launched a special speed post service for the high court, in a move that is expected to accelerate delivery of summons and notices and thereby save precious time of the overburdened judiciary.
- Which State Training Centre has signed an agreement with ISRO for technology transfer and a contract for supply of spacecraft component?
Central Tool Room and Training Centre (CTTC), Bhubaneswar, has signed an agreement with ISRO for technology transfer and a contract for supply of spacecraft component.
- A two day conference of South Asian Association for Regional cooperation Finance Minister has been held in which country?
D.PakistanAnswer – D.Pakistan
A two-day conference of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Finance Ministers has been kicked off in Islamabad
- Which Country has signed peace deal with Leftist FARC rebels to end a war killing tens of thousands and displacing millions?
D.MongoliaAnswer – C.Colombia
Colombia’s government has secured a groundbreaking peace deal with leftist Farc rebels – promising to end a war that wracked the country for more than half a century, killing tens of thousands and displacing millions.
- Earth Like planet has been discovered near Sun using Ultraviolet and Visual Echelle Spectrograph (UVES) and the High Accuracy Radial velocity Planet Searcher (HARPS) installed in which country?
D.GuyanaAnswer – B.Chile
Astronomers have discovered an Earth-like planet that orbiting the star closest to our sun using instruments such as the Ultraviolet and Visual Echelle Spectrograph (UVES) and the High Accuracy Radial velocity Planet Searcher (HARPS).
- Which Country based company announced the first autonomous vehicles available for public hire wef 25th August 2016?
D.SingaporeAnswer – D.Singapore
Singapore based NuTonomy announced the first autonomous vehicles available for public hire in Singapore starting on 25 August 2016.
- Who has been appointed as High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Uganda?
D.Ravi SeshanAnswer – B.Ravi Shankar
Ravi Shankar – lndian Foreign Service 1995 Batch, presently Deputy Chief of Mission in Embassy of India, Rome, has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of lndia to the Republic of Uganda.
- Amit Sanan has been appointed as which bank as Group president and Country head of Mid-Corporate Banking?
D.Yes BankAnswer – D.Yes Bank
India fifth largest private sector bank, Yes Bank has appointed Amit Sanan as Group President and Country Head of Mid-Corporate Banking.
- Who has been conferred with the IEI-IEEE Award for Engineering Excellence-2015 Award for his significant national contribution towards Missiles and Aerospace technologies?
C.G Satheesh Reddy
D.ViswanathanAnswer – C.G Satheesh Reddy
The Scientific Advisor to the Defence Minister G Satheesh Reddy has been conferred with the IEI-IEEE Award for Engineering Excellence-2015 Award for his significant national contribution towards Missiles and Aerospace technologies.
- What is the expected growth of the Indian Economy has been said by American Multinational Banking firm Goldman Sachs in 2016-17?
D.8.2Answer – A.7.9
American multinational banking firm Goldman Sachs says Indian economy is likely to grow 7.9 per cent in this year 2016-17,growth in the current fiscal driven by better monsoon, government pay hike, key reforms and FDI inflows.
- How many banks have been utilized to use Unified Payments Interface for sending and collecting money via a smart phone organised by National Payments Corporation of India?
Mumbai based retail payments organisation National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has announced that customers of 21 banks can use Unified Payments Interface (UPI) for sending and collecting money via a smart phone using a Virtual Payment Address (VPA) soon.
- Which of the following reason for Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with The Energy and Resources Institute (Teri)?
A.Promoting Wind Energy
B.Promoting Clean Energy
C.Promoting renewable Energy
D.Promoting Non-renewable EnergyAnswer – C.Promoting renewable Energy
Kolkata based Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) for promoting renewable energy.