Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which government along with Telengana Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding for construction of three inter-state irrigation projects?
Telangana and Maharashtra agreed to build irrigation projects on the Godavari River, benefitting farmers from both the states.
- The Odisha chief minister Naveen Patnaik approved startup policy to promote entrepreneurship for which sector people in society?
The Odisha state cabinet headed by chief minister Naveen Patnaik approved the Odisha startup policy to promote entrepreneurship among youths. A Start-up Capital Infrastructure Fund (up to Rs 25 crore) would be provided by the state government to the Department of MSME through budgetary provision.
- In which train route, Indian Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu commissioned a new railway line?
A.Kaakinaada and Nellore
B.Nandyala and Yerraguntla
C.Rayalseema and Cuddapah
D.Rajamundry and Nellore
Answer –B.Nandyala and Yerraguntla
Indian Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu commissioned a new railway line between Nandyala and Yerraguntla in the presence of Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu.
- Which bill is being approved by the Union Cabinet on August 24, 2016 to prohibit including sale and purchase of human embryo and gametes?
A.Child Protection Bill, 2016
B.Pregnancy Assistance Bill, 2016
C.Water Regulation Bill, 2016
D.Surrogacy and Regulation Bill, 2016
Answer –D.Surrogacy and Regulation Bill, 2016
The Bill will regulate surrogacy in India by establishing National Surrogacy Board at the central level and State Surrogacy Boards and Appropriate Authorities in the State and Union Territories.
- In which place, South India’s first Children Court was inaugurated by Acting Chief Justice Ramesh Ranganathan?
Answer – B.Hyderabad
The ‘child friendly’ courtroom was jointly inaugurated at the Nampally Criminal Courts Complex in Hyderabad by Acting Chief Justice Ramesh Ranganathan of High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad and Director General of Telangana Police Anurag Sharma.
- What is the name of the channel has launched by the Indian President Pranab Mukherjee at Raj Bhawan in Kolkata?
Answer – C.Akashvani Maitree
This Channel launched from a State-of-the-art Super Power Transmitter of 1000kw with the frequency of 594 kHz/ 505 Meter installed at Chinsurah, West Bengal.
- Which Pune based motorcycle finance firm has joined hands with India Post to facilitate purchase of vehicles in Karnataka?
Answer – D.Bajaj Finance
The Bajaj Finance inked an MoU with India Post and also announced special arrangement that allows potential buyers to get information on various 2-wheeler loan schemes.
- Which Indian Star entered the Forbes top 10 Highest-Paid actress in the World?
Answer – B.Deepika Padukone
Forbes magazine ranked out the world’s highest paid actresses and Hunger games star Jennifer Lawrence has topped the list for the second time in a row. Indian star Deepika Padukone is also among the top 10 highest-paid actresses in the world.
- Which state’s Aarogyasri Healthcare Trust bagged Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)’s healthcare excellence award for 2016?
Answer – C.Telangana
The will be presented by Union Health Minister J.P. Nadda to Aarogyasri CEO Dr. M. Chandrasekhar at a function to be held in Delhi on Aug.31.
- Which director has been selected for the Asian Filmmaker of the Year Award at the Busan International Film Festival beginning October 6?
Answer – C.Abbas Kiarostami
Late Iranian director Abbas Kiarostami has been selected for the Asian Filmmaker of the Year Award at the Busan International Film Festival beginning October 6.
- Who has been conferred as the brand ambassador of the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign in the Haryana state by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar?
Answer – A.Sakshi Malik
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced Sakshi Malik, India’s bronze medalist at the Rio Olympics, as the brand ambassador of the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign in the state.
- Which Global professional services company is set to acquire Australia based security company Redcore?
Answer – B.Accenture
The Purchase will expand Accenture’s security offerings and presence in the AsiaPacific region. Further it will to expand existing IAM services and SecurityasaService (SaaS) capabilities along with other critical cyber defense services in the region.
- What is the name of online library for persons with visual disabilities was launched by Ravi Shankar Prasad?
Answer – C.Sugamya Pustakalaya
This is a step towards government’s Digital India Program, the online Library that makes accessible content available to print-disabled people which is available in various publications across diverse subjects and languages and multiple accessible formats.
- Which language search engine is launched by the China for the first time would serve as unified portal?
Answer – B.Tibetan
The Search Engine named Yongzin is the first search engine of Tibetan language on the world, Yongzin means master or teacher in the Tibetan language.
- What is the name of mobile app launched by Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal for farmers?
Answer – D.Kisan Suvidha
Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal launched a mobile app, Kisan Suvidha (farmer’s service), in the state. The app developed by the Union government’s agriculture department will provide basic information on weather updates, crop prices and expert advice.
- Food Safety and Standard Act organized a function commemorate 10 years of the enactment on August 23rd 2016 in which place?
Answer – D.New Delhi
India’s Food Regulator FSSAI organised a function commemorate 10 years of the enactment of Food Safety and Standard Act (FSSAI Act) on August 23rd 2016 in New Delhi.
- Union Government has approved of the signing of Memorandum of Understanding between India and ________________ to establish cooperation in Grassroots Innovation?
Answer – D.South Africa
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been approved of the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and South Africa to establish cooperation in Grassroots Innovation
- Former Governor of Bihar, West Bengal and Haryana has passed away on August 24, 2016 in New Delhi at the age of 96?
A.A R Kidwai
B.P K Rasheer
C.C K Naduram
D.A S Reena
Answer – A.A R Kidwai
Former Governor of Bihar, West Bengal and Haryana, A R Kidwai passed away on August 24, 2016 in New Delhi. He was 96.
- Who has headed over a ceremony held at Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi for awarding certificates to the applicants of breed registration?
A.Dr Trilochan Mohapatra
B.Dr Manoranjan Gupta
C.Dr Nachaloan Sudarasan
D.Dr Ranjan Gupta
Answer – A.Dr Trilochan Mohapatra
Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra, Secretary DARE & DG, ICAR chaired over a ceremony held at Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi for awarding certificates to the applicants of breed registration.
- Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary located in which state ?
Answer – A.Goa
Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary is an estuarine mangrove habitat which is declared as a bird sanctuary and located on western tip of the Island of Chorao along the Mandovi River, Goa, in India.