Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which country along with India signed an agreement that improve workplace-based vocational training in India’s industrial clusters?
D.AfricaAnswer – A.Germany
This provides a competitive edge to German industry and businesses and need to adapt elements of the German VET system to the Indian context to ensure that skill training in India is closely aligned with the requirements of industry.
- Which prominent journalist and publisher has passed away of heart failure at Washington Adventist Hospital in Takoma Park, Maryland?
D.George NicholsonAnswer – B.George Curry
Prominent African-American journalist and publisher George Curry has passed away of heart failure at Washington Adventist Hospital in Takoma Park, Maryland.
- Which Indian tennis player took sole possession of the WTA doubles number one ranking after teaming up with Barbora Strycova to beat former partner Martina Hingis and Coco Vandeweghe?
D.Somdev DevvarmanAnswer – B.Sania Mirza
India’s Sania Mirza took sole possession of the WTA doubles number one ranking after teaming up with Barbora Strycova to beat former partner Martina Hingis and Coco Vandeweghe 7-5, 6-4 in Sunday’s Cincinnati final.
- In which state of India, The International Kabaddi Federation (IKF) announced that the 2016 World Cup would be held?
D.GujaratAnswer – D.Gujarat
The tournament is set to take place from 7 to 22 October. Gujarat will play host to 12 teams from around the world including India, USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Iran, Poland, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Korea, Japan and Kenya.
- Who won a double to clinch the title in the MRF Formula 1600 category?
D.Vikash AnandAnswer – D.Vikash Anand
Chennai hailed Vikash Anand won a double to clinch the title in the MRF Formula 1600 category and a ticket for the Mazda Road to Indy shootout as the fifth and final round of the MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National Racing Championship concluded in Chennai.
- In which species material, scientist have developed laser that were grown in bacteria for the first time?
D.Star fish spinesAnswer – B.Jellyfish proteins
These lasers have the potential to be far more efficient and compact than conventional ones and could open up research avenues in quantum physics and optical computing, researchers said.
- Who has been appointed as non-executive part-time chairman of Mumbai based YES Bank?
D.Ashok AgarwalAnswer – A.Ashok Chawla
Former head of the Competition Commission of India (CCI) Ashok Chawla has been named as the non-executive part-time chairman of Mumbai based YES Bank.
- Which Indian Olympic Association (IOA) President was awarded the Olympic Order for his outstanding services to the Olympic movement?
D.N. RamachandranAnswer – D.N. Ramachandran
Narayana Ramachandran is an Indian squash administrator who serves as current President of WSF (World Squash Federation). He was elected on 2008, succeeding Jahangir Khan.
- Which Indian actor has been chosen for the famous French honor of Chevalier Award?
D.MohanlalAnswer – C.Kamal Haasan
Actor Kamal Haasan has been chosen for the famous French honor of Chevalier Award. Kamal Haasan has been appointed Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et Lettres (Knight in the National Order Arts and Letters) by the Minister of Culture and Communication, France.
- Which statement is incorrect related to the bloom energy for fuel cell power generation in recent news?
A.SAIL Ltd signed MoU with California-based Bloom Energy
B.The Fuel cell power generation is a method comes with less pollution
C.The fuel-cell converts fuel into electricity through an electro-chemical process
D.Andaman and Nicobar peoples are hugely dependent on diesel for power generationAnswer – A.SAIL Ltd signed MoU with California-based Bloom Energy
India’s largest state-owned natural gas processing and distribution company GAIL Ltd signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with California-based Bloom Energy for developing natural gas-based fuel cell power generation.
- State run PSU Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited along with which company signed an MoU to provide telecom & IT solutions for big businesses?
D.SamsungAnswer – A.Microsoft
The MoU will pave the way to meet the demand challenges in IT and cloud services, and audio, video needs of the BSNL’s enterprise customers including government organizations.
- Which statement/s is/are true related to banning of cash transactions to curb black money?
1.The government is set to ban cash transactions over Rs. 3 lakhs
2.The Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) on black money
C.both 1 and 2
D.none of them aboveAnswer – C.both 1 and 2
In the next move to clamp down on black money in the economy, the government is set to ban cash transactions over Rs 3 lakh.
- Which port has signed an agreement with State Bank of India and Development Bank of Singapore for External Commercial Borrowing to the tune of USD 400 Million?
D.Jawaharlal Nehru PortAnswer – D.Jawaharlal Nehru Port
Mumbai based container port, Jawaharlal Nehru Port has signed an agreement with State Bank of India and Development Bank of Singapore for External Commercial Borrowing to the tune of USD 400 Million under External Commercial Borrowings.
- In which state of India, Child Sex Ratio drops to a whooping 800 of 1000 study conducted by Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India?
D.TiripuraAnswer – A.Uttarakhand
In India, the Child Sex Ratio is defined as the number of females per thousand males in the age group 0–6 years in a human population.
- The world’s largest bloc of Muslim countries Organisation of Islamic Cooperation have expressed concern over alleged human rights violations in ______________.
D.PakistanAnswer – C.Kashmir
The IOC’s secretary-general Iyad Madani, said at a news conference in Islamabad that the situation in Kashmir was worsening and prevailing on the international community to act.