Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- In which city, The two-day meeting of the BRICS Women’s Parliamentarian Forum was initiated?
Answer – B.Jaipur
The two-day meeting of the BRICS Women’s Parliamentarian Forum was begun in Jaipur on August 20, in which 42 delegates from member countries participated
- Who has been launched various Projects on the Bank of Ganga worth Rs. 560 crore under Namami Gange programme at Ganga Barrage in Kanpur?
Answer – C.Uma Bharti
Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Sushri Uma Bharti launched various Projects on the Bank of Ganga worth Rs. 560 crore under Namami Gange programme at Ganga Barrage in Kanpur.
- By which card, Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) is launched a service in which commuters will be able to pay bus fares?
A.Metro Smart Card
D.Metro Bus Pass
Answer – A.Metro Smart Card
With this service commuters will be required to swipe their metro smart card at the time of boarding buses through E-Ticketing Machines (ETM) to be installed inside the DTC buses.
- Which government’s Police launched DNA Index System (DIS) that allows generation of DNA profiles from live samples like saliva and blood stains to establish a proactive policing model in the country?
Answer – B.Andhra Pradesh
This is the first-of-its-kind initiative by the state. The model was launched on pilot basis to test the efficacy of the DIS, to generate DNA profiles of a batch of convicts and suspects involved in various crimes.
- Which Eminent Mexican writer has died in a car accident in the central state of Queretaro?
B.Mario Vargas Llosa
D.Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Answer – C.Ignacio Padilla
Padilla is a leading member of the crack movement that sought to help the country’s at hors find a voice beyond magical realism
- What is the name of the species discovered by the Scientists in the northern Bay of Bengal region along the West Bengal coast?
Answer – D.Gymnothorax indicus
Scientists from have discovered Gymnothorax indicus, a new species of eel (a snake-like fish) in the northern Bay of Bengal region along the West Bengal coast.
- Which statement is incorrect with respect to the Tyrannosaurus rex fossil with complete skull discoveries?
A.The skull containing package weighing about 500 pounds
B.Fossilized bones are protruding from a rocky hillside
C.This fossil includes a very complete skull, vertebrae, ribs, hips and jaw bones
D.The size of Tuft-Love Rex to be 85 percent of the largest T-Rex fossil
Answer – A.The skull containing package weighing about 500 pounds
In a major finding, scientists have discovered a Tyrannosaurus rex fossil, including a very complete skull, vertebrae, ribs, hips and jaw bones, which they estimate to be about 20 per cent of the dinosaur.
- What is the name of small molecule that can regenerate tissue which is discovered by Chinese scientists?
Answer – D.XMU-MP-1
Chinese scientists have discovered a small molecule, XMU-MP-1 that can regenerate tissue. It can promote repair and regeneration in the liver, intestines and skin.
- Who became the Canada’s first Woman House Leader who is well known for Waterloo MP?
Answer – D.Bardish Chagger
As a first woman to hold the post in the Canada’s history, Indo-Canadian Sikh MP Bardish Chagger has been named as the new leader of the government in Canada’s House of Commons.
- Who has been appointed as a new independent director by the Board of India Post Payment Banks (IPPB)?
Answer – D.RS Sodhi
Board of India Post Payment Banks (IPPB) has appointed RS Sodhi, MD, Amul as its new independent director.
- Which bollywood actress has appointed as a brand ambassador of Vistara?
Answer – D.Deepika Padukone
Vistara, whose 51 per cent stake in owned by Tata Sons and the rest 49 per cent by Singapore Airlines, did not disclose other details such as the contract period and fee that it would pay to the actress.
- Which Gurugram-based company’s e-commerce website has shutdown and resulted its 4000 odd staff in jobless?
Answer – B.AskMe
The reason behind closure of the Internet giant is as severe cash crunch. While the AskMe.com portal still active but accepting none of the orders placed.
- Which national award winning film has been selected for the renowned 40th Montreal World Film Festival?
Answer – A.Sankhachil
Director Goutam Ghosh’s National award-winning film “Sankhachil”, an Indo-Bangla joint production, has been selected for the renowned 40th Montreal World Film Festival.
- Which country’s largest high speed train maker has its first $63.4 million joint venture plant in India to repair ?
Answer – A.China
China’s largest high speed train maker has its first $63.4 million joint venture plant in India to repair and manufacture railway locomotive engines has started operations.
- Which statement is correct, related to the India world’s third biggest tech start hub?
A.It is not comes under ASSOCHAM study
B.IT hub Bengaluru is host to 46% of domestic tech start-ups
C.Bengaluru is not to host largest share of technology start-ups in the country
D.This report relates to the Thought Arbitrage Research Institute
Answer – D.This report relates to the Thought Arbitrage Research Institute
According to a report made by ASSOCHAM, India is home to the third largest number of technology-driven start-ups in the world, following the US and the UK occupying the top two positions.