AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 2 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MeitY) has appointed an expert committee that would study various issues relating to data protection in India and will suggest a draft data protection Bill. Who among the following is the head of this committee?
2.B N Srikrishna
Answer – 2.B N Srikrishna
The 10 member committee, headed by Supreme court Judge (retired) Justice B N Srikrishna, includes the members from government, academia and industry. It will study and identify key data protection issues and recommend methods to address them.
- On August 1, 2017, with which country, did India sign an agreement on transfer of sentenced persons?
Answer – 1.Somalia
The agreement was signed between External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Foreign Minister of the Federal Republic of Somalia Yusuf Garaad Omar. It will deepen the humanitarian cooperation between the two nations.
- Which entity has said that India is allowed to construct hydroelectric power facilities on tributaries of the Jhelum and Chenab rivers with certain restrictions under the 1960 Indus Waters Treaty (IWT)?
1.International Monetary Fund
2.Asian Development Bank
Answer – 4.World Bank
World Bank said the IWT designates Jhelum, Chenab and Indus as the “Western Rivers” to which Pakistan has unrestricted use, however India is permitted to construct hydroelectric power facilities on these rivers subject to constraints specified in annexure to the treaty.
- On 1st and 2nd August 2017, Union Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman attended BRICS Trade Ministers meeting in:
3.Cape Town, South Africa
4.Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Answer – 5.Shanghai, China
Measures to expand e-commerce cooperation among Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) were discussed at this meeting. Economic and technological cooperation was included in the agenda for the first time in the trade ministers’ meeting’s history to improve the bloc’s capabilities in service trade, e-commerce and other fields.
- On August 2, 2017, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) cut the policy repo rate by 25 basis points. Now the repo rate stands at:
Answer – 1.6.00%
On August 2, 2017, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced Third Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement for financial year 2017-18. This time, RBI has cut the policy repo rate by 25 basis points (bps) to 6 percent.
- SEBI has set up a committee on fair market conduct on 2nd of August 2017. It will suggest measures for improving surveillance of the markets and strengthen rules for algo trades, among other norms. Who among the following is the head of this committee?
4.T K Viswanathan
5.L J Pannicker
Answer – 4.T K Viswanathan
The committee will suggest short term and medium term measures for improved surveillance of the markets. It would suggest measures for improvement in PIT (Prohibition of Insider Trading) norms, PFTUP (Prohibition of Fraudulent and Unfair Trade Practices) regulations.
- On August 1, 2017, who among the following was honoured by East Bengal football club on its foundation day with its highest award, Bharat Gaurav?
3.P T Usha
Answer – 1.Dhanraj Pillay
Gurwinder Singh bagged the Footballer of the Year award while Boddupalli Amitwas was awarded as the Cricketer of the Year. Subhash Bhowmick, a member of the 1970 Asian Games bronze medal-winning national football team, and former national team coach Syed Naeemuddin were honoured with lifetime achievement awards
- SEBI has approved the appointment of ____________ as the chairman of the board of directors of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) with effect from July 31, 2017.
Answer – 2.Dhirendra Swarup
Swarup, who was a public interest director at the BSE, had replaced incumbent Sudhakar Rao. He was the chairman of the Cash and Debt Management Committee of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) from 2000 to 2003.
- Who among the following has been confirmed by US Senate to lead the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)?
Answer – 2.Christopher Wray
Christopher had replaced James Comey, who was fired by President Donald Trump. The Senate voted 92-5 with five Democrats voting against his nomination. Christopher Wray was also the former high-ranking official in President George W. Bush’s Justice Department who oversaw investigations into corporate fraud.
- Sanjaya Baru has been appointed as the Secretary General of:
1.Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
2.Associated Chambers of Commerce of India
3.National Association of Software and Services Companies
4.Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
5.Indian Medical Association
Answer – 4.Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
Sanjaya will assume the charge from 1st September 2017. He succeeds A Didar Singh, who served as Secretary General for 5 years. Didar Singh will continue to serve as a strategic advisor to Pankaj Patel, President of the FICCI.
- On August 2, 2017, Peter O’Neill has been reappointed as Prime Minister of:
1.Papua New Guinea
Answer – 1.Papua New Guinea
Peter O’Neill is the leader of the People’s National Congress. The election has been widely criticised because thousands of voters were excluded and there were blazing abuses of the electoral process.
- To build out a more elaborate personal assistant for the Messenger users, Facebook has acquired which artificial intelligence (AI) startup?
Answer – 2.Ozlo
To build out a more elaborate personal assistant for the Messenger users, Facebook has acquired an artificial intelligence (AI) startup Ozlo that specialises in understanding text-based conversations. However, there are no details so far about the financial terms of the deal.
- Scientists in the U.S. have found a method to use curcumin, the bioactive component of __________, to treat cancer in children.
Answer – 4.Trumeric
Researchers at Nemours Children’s Hospital and the University of Central Florida (UCF) have found that nanoparticles loaded with curcumin can target and destroy neuroblastoma tumour cells in children aged five or less.
- Which portal has been launched by Union Government to provide a platform to sell agricultural produce and strengthen the agriculture-oriented Indian economy?
Answer – 4.e-RaKAM
The Union Government has launched a portal, e-Rashtriya Kisan Agri Mandi (e-RaKAM) on August 1, 2017. It is a digital initiative that aims to bring together the PSUs, civil supplies, farmers and buyers on a single platform so that the selling and buying process of agricultural products become smooth
- Which Indian professional football franchise has confirmed the signing of Moroccan International Ahmed Jahouh on a one year loan deal from FUS Rabat of Morocco for the next season of Indian Super League?
1.Kerala Blasters FC
2.Delhi Dynamos FC
4.NorthEast United FC
5.Mumbai City FC
Answer – 3.FC Goa
Jahouh won the national championship with Moghreb Tetouan in the 2011-12 season. Jahouh is expected to settle in quickly having previously worked with FC Goa’s Head Coach Sergio Lobera at Moghreb, under whose guidance he flourished.
- Santosh Mohan Dev, who passed away on August 2, 2017, was a:
2.Former Union Minister
Answer – 2.Former Union Minister
Santosh served as the Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises under the UPA-1 government led by Manmohan Singh. He was the son of freedom fighter Satindra Mohan Dev. He was a seven-time parliamentarian and was believed to be one of the most trusted ministers of Rajiv Gandhi.
- ____________, the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright and Oscar-nominated actor passed away on 27th July 2017.
Answer – 1.Sam Shepard
Shepard was from Fort Sheridan, Illinois U.S. He authored more than 40 plays and he also won the Pulitzer Prize for drama in 1979 for his play ‘Buried Child’. He also received an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor for his portrayal of pilot Chuck Yeager in the 1983 astronaut drama “The Right Stuff.”
- Pushpa Mittra Bhargava, who passed away in August 1, 2017, was a:
Answer – 1.Molecular Biologist
Dr. P M Bhargava, an eminent scientist and founder-director for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) passed away on August 1, 2017. He was 89. He is a recipient of over 100 national and international honours and awards including the Padma Bhushan in 1986.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.