Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- World Photography day is being celebrated annually on which date in order to celebrate the long term journey of Photography?
Answer – B.August 19th
World Photography day is celebrated every year on August 19 in order to celebrate the 177-year-old journey of photography since 2010
- What is the theme of this year World Humanitarian Day is being celebrated on August 19 to recognize humanitarian Personnel?
Answer – D.One Humanity
World Humanitarian Day is witnessed on August 19 each year to recognize humanitarian personnel and those who have lost their lives working for humanitarian causes and honors the workers who made promotion of the humanitarian cause.
- The book named One Indian Girl is being written by which author has announced the title in twitter with a link to a video teaser?
Answer – A.Chetan Bhagat
The banker-turned-writer Chetan Bhagat, announced the title of his upcoming fiction One Indian Girl through his twitter handle which was accompanied with a link to a video teaser.
- Renowned Odia Filmmaker, actor and director has passed away at the age of 88 in Bhubaneswar. Who is he?
Answer – D.Gobind Tej
Renowned Odia filmmaker, actor and director Gobind Tej died in a private hospital in Bhubaneswar at the age of 88.
- Who has been banned for four year by Court of Arbitration for Sports following an Appeal by World Anti Doping Agency?
Answer – A.Narsingh Yadav
Rio bound India wrestler Narsingh Yadav has been banned a four-year by Court of Arbitration for Sports following an appeal by WADA. Yadav was due to compete in the men’s freestyle -74kg at the Rio Olympic Games.
- Name the Exoplanet which is similar like Venus located 39 light years from Earth may have atmosphere with Oxygen?
Answer – B.GJ 1132b
A Venus-like exoplanet GJ 1132b, located 39 light-years from Earth may have atmosphere with oxygen but not life, even though it is being baked to a temperature of around 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Which country has signed a short term route agreement with India to allow transport of petroleum goods from Assam to Tripura through the country?
Answer – D.Bangladesh
India – Bangladesh signed a short-term route agreement to allow transport of petroleum goods from Assam to Tripura through Bangladesh due to the heavy monsoon damaged roads and made the transportation between the two states difficult.
- Which Government has launched the country’s first comprehensive Crime Criminal Tracking Network System on the eve of the 70th Independence Day?
Answer – D.Maharashtra
Maharashtra government has launched the country’s first comprehensive Crime Criminal Tracking Network System CCTNS) on the eve off of the 70th Independence Day in Mumbai.
- In order to safeguard the Heritage of Indian Film, The National Film Archive of India has acquired which Film from the Cinema the que Francaise, France?
C.Theiva Thiru Magal
Answer – B.Bilwamangal
The National Film Archive of India – NFAI has acquired surviving footage of the Indian silent film Bilwamangal (1919) from the Cinema the que Francaise, France. This acquisition is considered an important for NFAI at a juncture when they are in the process of implementing prestigious National Film Heritage Mission to safeguard Country’s cinematic heritage.
- Which Indian Private bank ranked the first position among global banks on key return rations namely return on equity and return on assets?
Answer – A.HDFC Bank
Leading Indian private banks namely HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and ICICI Bank along with their Chinese peers China Construction Bank Corp (CCB), Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) and Agricultural Bank of China (ABC) occupy the top six slots among global banks on key return ratios, namely return on equity (RoE) and return on assets (RoA).
- Which India’s leading private bank has launched a payment service using smartphone keyboard named iMobile Smartkeys to make mobile payments easier?
D.Catholic Syrian Bank
Answer – C.ICICI Bank
India’s largest Private Sector lender ICICI Bank has launched a payment service using a smartphone keyboard named iMobile SmartKeys to make mobile payments easier.
- Which of the following Indian company is listed in the Fortune Change The World 2016 for the good and having a positive social impact through their activities?
A.Glaxo Smith Kline
Answer – D.Cipla
India’s pharmaceutical giant Cipla Ltd and consumer goods conglomerate Godrej have been recognized by Fortune magazine in a list of global firms changing the world for the good and having a positive social impact through their activities.
- Who has been inducted into the Texas Women’s Hall of Fame for making significant contribution for the benefit of the Texas State?
A.Dr Manu Khater
B.Dr Renu Khator
C.Dr Manu Khator
D.Dr Renu Khater
Answer – B.Dr Renu Khator
India based American woman academic Dr Renu Khator is to be inducted into the Texas Women’s Hall of Fame for making significant contribution for the benefit of the Texas state
- Who has taken over the additional charge of High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Kiribati?
A.Vishvas Vidu Sapkal
B.Vishu Nadu Sapkal
C.Vishwas Nadu Sapkal
D.Vishu Vidu Sapkal
Answer – A.Vishvas Vidu Sapkal
Vishvas Vidu Sapkal, Officer of Indian Foreign Service – 1998 batch, presently High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Fiji, has been concurrently accredited as the High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Kiribati,
with residence in Suva (Fiji).He is expected to take up his assignment shortly.
- The Cyberabad East and West Commissionerates has launched a mobile phone application called _____________ as a part of responsive policing.
D.None of the above
Answer – C.Hawk Eye
Hawk Eye app has features like Woman safety while on travel, SOS button, Instant notifications on traffic updates, traffic congestions, diversions, alternate routes, besides general and crime alerts will sent be sent to all registered users for accessing help in case of emergency.