Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Former President Joao Havelange has passed away in Brazil at the age of 100 years old. He was former President of which Association/Committee?
A.International Olympic Committee
D.Commonwealth GamesAnswer – B.FIFA
Former FIFA President João Havelange has passed away at Samartino Hospital, Rio de Janeiro. He was 100 years old. He was 7th head of international football’s governing body FIFA from 1974 to 1998.
- Prominent Punjabi Writer and Jnanpith Awardee passed away in Bathinda on August 2016. Who is he?
D.Guptil SinghAnswer – A.Gurdial Singh
Prominent Punjabi writer and Jnanpith awardee Gurdial Singh passed away in Bathinda on August 16, when he was under treatment in a private hospital in Bathinda for the last about 10 days.
- Which Country ranks first position in ICC MRF Tyres Test Team Rankings released recently during August 2016?
D.IndiaAnswer – D.India
After Indian team has victorious campaign against West Indies which is underway, Virat Kohli led side have become the number-one ranked side on the ICC MRF Tyres Test Team Rankings, while Pakistan have moved into the second position.
- The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has discovered an ancient camping site dating 8500 BC at which place indicating humans were camping in the area?
D.ManaliAnswer – B.Ladakh
The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has discovered an ancient camping site dating 8500 BC in Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir, indicating humans were camping in the area 10,500 years ago.
- Based on the new appointment of Governor. Match the correct Answer.
i.Manipur – a. Heptulla
ii.Punjab – b. V.P. Singh
iii. Assam – c. Jagdish Mukhi
iv.Andaman and Nicobar Island – d. Banwarilal Purohit
A.i-a, ii-b, iii-d, iv –c
B.i-b, ii-a, iii-c, iv-d
C.i-a, ii-b, iii-d, iv-c
D.i-b, ii-c, iii-d, iv-aAnswer – A.i-a, ii-b, iii-d, iv –c
President Pranab Mukherjee appointed four new governors on 17th August and the list includes former Union Minister Najma Heptulla for Manipur.
The appointment includes new governors for the, State of Manipur – Najma Heptulla, State of Punjab – V.P. Singh Badnore, State of Assam – Banwarilal Purohit and Lieutenant- Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands –JagdishMukhi.
- Which maestro has been honoured with Tamil Ratna Award by the America Tamil Sangam?
B.M S Subbulakshmi
C.A. R Rahman
D.Srinivasa VaradhanAnswer – C.A.R. Rahman
Oscar-winning music maestro A.R. Rahman has been honoured by the America Tamil Sangam with its Tamil Ratna Award.
- Who has been conferred with the annual Sangeet Martand Ustad Chand Khan Lifetime Achievement Award 2016 announced by Sursagar Society of Dilli Gharana?
A.Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma
B.Pandit Pankaj Kumar Gupta
C.Pandit Shiv Sankar Sharma
D.Pandit Pankaj Sankar GuptaAnswer – A.Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma
Sursagar Society of Dilli Gharana has announced that Santoor maestro Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma will be conferred upon with the annual Sangeet Martand Ustad Chand Khan Lifetime Achievement Award 2016.
- Which Company declared a long term master franchise agreement with Amsterdam based fashion branch Scotch and Soda?
D.Fun and StoreAnswer – C.Reliance
Reliance Brands, a part of Reliance Industries Group declared a long-term master franchise agreement with Amsterdam-based fashion brand Scotch & Soda.
- Which Bank ties up with Metals and Minerals Trading Corporation of India for distribution of Indian Gold Coins, the first ever National Gold offering by the Government?
A.Catholic Syrian Bank
C.ICICI Bank Ltd
D.HDFC Bank LtdAnswer – B.Federal Bank
Federal Bank ties up with MMTC for distribution of Indian Gold Coins (IGC), the first-Ever National Gold offering by the Government, which was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Which Government approved a Metro Rail Project for famous city on August 17?
D.GujaratAnswer – C.Uttar Pradesh
Akhilesh Yadav led cabinet meeting of Uttar Pradesh government approved a Metro Rail project for Allahabad on August 17.
- Which Government passed the Goods and Service Tax bill and became the third state to ratify the bill after Assam and Bihar on August 17?
D.ChattisgarhAnswer – C.Jharkhand
The Jharkhand Assembly passed the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Bill and became the third state to ratify the bill after Assam and Bihar on august 17.
- Indian partnered with which country to produce a documentary on the 1971 War of Independence to mark the 100th birth anniversary of its Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in 2020?
D.PakistanAnswer – B.Bangladesh
India and Bangladesh jointly set to produce a documentary on the 1971 War of Independence of Bangladesh to mark the 100th birth anniversary of its Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in 2020.
- The Central Government has allowed online authentication using Aadhar for which pupose to make faster and simpler for subscribers?
B.New Internet Connection
C.New Mobile Connection
D.New PassportAnswer – C.New Mobile Connection
The central government has allowed online authentication using Aadhar for new mobile connections. The guidelines for Aadhaar Electronic-Know Your Customer e-KYC, were issued to make the online process of application and authentication faster and simpler for subscribers.
- The World’s Longest 430 i.e metre long and six metre wide and highest Glass bridge unveiled in which country?
B.United Arab Emirates
D.ChinaAnswer – D.China
The 430-metre long and six metre wide Glass Bridge set to be the world’s longest and highest glass bridge will open to visitors in Hunan province of China. Besides it set 10 world records spanning its design and construction.
- India has provided an aid of USD one million to which country to deal with severe drought caused by El Nino Phenomenon?
D.NigeriaAnswer – C.Zimbabwe
In response to an appeal by the African nation for help to deal with severe drought caused by El Nino phenomenon, India has provided an aid of USD one million to Zimbabwe.