Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which Country researchers have developed a new electrical immunosensor for swift and reliable diagnosis of heart attacks at the point of care?
A team of researchers from Ulsn National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST) in South Korea has developed a new electrical immunosensor for swift and reliable diagnosis of heart Attack.
- Which Company has acquired Beam, an interactive live streaming platform for gamers based on Seattle?
Answer – D.Microsoft
Microsoft’s Xbox team acquired Beam, an interactive live streaming platform for gamers on August 12.
- Which Legendary has been honoured at the United Nations on India’s 70th Independence Day by Composer A.R Rahman?
D.None of the Above
Answer – B.M.S. Subbulakshmi
Legendary carnatic vocalist M. S. Subbulakshmi honoured at the United Nations on India’s 70th Independence Day by a performance by Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman .UN also releasing Postal Stamp of MS Subbulakshmi to mark her 100thBirth Anniversary.
- Who has received the APJ Abdul Kalam Award for the year 2016 by Tamilnadu Chief Minister for meritorious services in the Higher Education Department?
Answer – A.P Shanmugam
Tamilnadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa presented APJ Abdul Kalam award to the Principal Scientist P Shanmugam, Central Leather Research Institute –Chennai, for meritorious services in the Higher Education Department in the state during the 70th Independence Day celebrations after delivering her Special address at Fort St George in Chennai.
- Which of the following language scholars have not been awarded with Maharishi Badrayan Vyas Samman held at Rashtrapati Bhavan?
Answer – D.Tamil
President of India awards certificates of honor to eminent scholars of Sanskrit, Pali/Prakrit, Arabic and Persian and the Maharishi Badrayan Vyas Samman to young scholars
- Which Company has entered their name in Guiness World records after a making a world largest cake of weight 1,078 kg was unveiled at the Park Hotel in Bengaluru?
A.Bakes and Cakes
Answer – D.Baking Buddies
Bangalore based Bangalore Baking Buddies has entered their name in Guinness World Records 2016 after making a world largest dirt that weighed a whopping 1,078 kg was unveiled at The Park hotel in Bangalore.
- India has celebrated the ____________ Independence day annually observed on 15th August to commemorate the Nation’s Independence from the British Empire?
Answer – B.70th
The Department of Youth Affairs will organize a candle-light “Tiranga March” in 100 prominent District Headquarters to celebrate the 70th Indian Independence Day. The members of youth clubs affiliated with NYKS as well as other youth will participate in the Programmes.
- Which state has become the first state to ratify Constitution Amendment Bill related to the Goods and Services Tax?
Answer – C.Assam
Assam has become the first state to ratify Constitution Amendment Bill related to the Goods and Services Tax (GST), following its passage by both houses of Parliament.
- Bihar Chief Minister announced the launch of which scheme from October 2 to provide interest free loan to students for pursuing higher education?
A.Student Debit Card
B.Student Project Card
C.Student Credit Card
D.Student Seva Card
Answer – C.Student Credit Card
On the 70th Independence Day, Nitish Kumar announced the launch of Student Credit Card scheme from October 2 and this scheme promises Rs. four lakh interest free loan to students for pursuing higher education.
- Union Government has constituted which committee to develop the Pan-India road map for trade facilitation?
A.National Committee on Trade Facilitation
B.National Committee on Free Trade
C.National Committee on Trade Centre
D.National Committee on Trade Services
Answer – A.National Committee on Trade Facilitation
Centre has constituted a National Committee on Trade Facilitation (NCTF) to develop the pan-India road map for trade facilitation.
- National Pension System(NPS) regulator PFRDA has substantially lowered the minimum annual contribution to how much to keep the account active in the National Pension System?
Answer – C.Rs. 1000
National Pension System(NPS) PFRDA has substantially lowered the minimum annual contribution to Rs 1,000 to keep the account active in order to encourage more people to join the National Pension System.
- India’s first Bio-CNG plant will use agricultural residue to generate CNG to be commissioned in which city?
Answer – D.Pune
Pune based Primove Engineering Private Limited Commissioned India’s first Bio-CNG plant which will use agricultural residue to generate CNG which in-turn can be an alternate fuel to the Automobiles that run CNG.
- State-run General Insurance Corporation of India in association with non-life insurance companies unveiled the Insurance policy for which sector first of its kind in India?
Answer – C.Nuclear Supplier
State-run General Insurance Corporation of India in association with non-life insurance companies unveiled the Nuclear Supplier’s Insurance Policy (NSIP). It is first of its kind in India.
- Which Country holds the first position in the top export products for the major economies in terms of product diversification by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry?
Answer – A.Hong Kong
The study observes the concentration of the top 10 export products for the major economies, including Hong Kong (89 per cent), the Republic of Korea (86 per cent), Japan (77 per cent), the UK (71 per cent), Germany (70 per cent), the US (68 per cent), China (68 per cent), the Netherlands (63 per cent) and France (60 per cent).
- Which State Tourism presents an exclusive bike rally called ‘Freedom Ride’ held on 15 August 2016?
Answer – C.Goa
Goa Tourism presents an exclusive bike rally called ‘Freedom Ride’, which held on 15 August 2016. The Rally will be very enjoyable and give bikers an experience of Goa while exploring its treasures packed with churches, rivers, beaches, temples, villages and much more.