AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 14,2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- . India’s first railways disaster management village is expected to come up by December 2018 near:
Answer – 2.Bengaluru
India’s first railways disaster management village is expected to come up near Bengaluru by December 2018, where situations like trains falling into rivers and coaches catching fire will be replicated and mock rescue operations will be carried out in real time.
- With which country, India will hold a major tri-service military exercise ‘INDRA’ in October 2017 involving armies, navies and the air forces?
Answer – 1.Russia
The exercise ‘Indra’, which will be held in Russia from 19th to 29th October 2017, will primarily focus on achieving coordination between forces of the two countries in a tri- services integrated theatre command scenario.
- The Indian Navy would join the Chinese Navy in the maiden International Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise (IMMSAREX) to be chaired by ______at the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) in November 2017.
Answer – 3.Bangladesh
International Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise (IMMSAREX) will be held in Bay of Bengal. In addition, Bangladesh is also scheduling an “extraordinary conclave of Chiefs,” a meeting of chiefs of Navy before it hands over the Chair to Iran next year.
- Which entity has launched India’s first online course on Infusion Therapy for nurses?
1.World Infusion Society
2.Global Infusion Society
3.Global Infusion Society for Nurses
4.World Infusion Society for Nurses
5.Infusion Nurses Society
Answer – 5.Infusion Nurses Society
Infusion Nurses Society (INS) — a global authority in infusion therapy — has launched India’s first online course on Infusion Therapy for nurses, under which it aims to train over 3,000 nurses in the vital medical procedure.
- Which snake boat has won the 65th Nehru Trophy Boat Race at the Punnamada lake in Alappuzha, Kerala on August 12, 2017?
Answer – 1.Gabriel chundan
Gabriel chundan won the 65th Nehru Trophy Boat Race at the Punnamada lake in Alappuzha on August 12, 2017. The chundans that entered the finals were Mahadevikad Thekkathil, Payippadan, Karichal, and Gabriel. Mahadevikad came second and Payippadan stood third.
- Fete de Puducherry’ Festival is celebrated annually in Puducherry from:
1. August 14th to August 17th
2. August 15th to August 17th
3. August 14th to August 18th
4. August 15th to August 18th
5. August 13th to August 17th
Answer – 2.August 15th to August 17th
A three-day annual cultural festival named ‘Fete de Puducherry’ organized by the Government of India has begun in Puducherry. The festival is held in association with the South Zone Cultural Centre (Tamil Nadu) every year to bring to focus the multi-faceted cultural features of various states. From August 15th to August 17th the days are regarded as the Fete De Pondicherry and this create a heavy inflow of tourists in the Union Territory.
- Which African country will release a limited edition Lord Krishna silver coin on Janmashtami in commemoration of the 5,244th birth anniversary of the Hindu God?
3.The Republic of Chad
Answer – 3.The Republic of Chad
Numismatist Alok K Goyal, the designer of the coin informed that this full-dimensional 3D coins weighs 100 grams and is made of pure silver. He added that there will be 251 pieces made available for sale in the Indian market out of a total of 501.
- On August 13, 2017, which African nation was declared polio free by World Health Organisation (WHO)?
Answer – 4.Somalia
On August 13, 2017, the UN World Health Organisation (WHO) said it had not recorded any case of polio disease in Somalia in the last three years, declaring the country polio free. The WHO said the country recorded the last case of polio in 2014.
- India’s Factory output fell to a four-year low and contracted by _____% in June 2017
Answer 1. 0.1%
India’s Factory output fell to a four-year low and contracted by 0.1% in June 2017 with poor performance of manufacturing and mining sectors. Since June 2013, this is the lowest growth when the Index of Industrial Production (IIP) contracted by 1%. In June 2016, it had grown 8%.
- As per the news published in ‘The Astrophysical Journal’, researchers have found that the TRAPPIST-1 star is between:
1.4.4 and 10.8 billion years old
2.5.4 and 9.8 billion years old
3.6.4 and 9.3 billion years old
4.6.9 and 8.8 billion years old
5.7.4 and 8.3 billion years old
Answer – 2.5.4 and 9.8 billion years old
As per news study published in The Astrophysical Journal, researchers have found that the TRAPPIST-1 star is between 5.4 and 9.8 billion years. This is up to twice as old as our own solar system, which formed some 4.5 billion years ago.TRAPPIST-1 is a system of seven Earth-size planets orbiting an ultra-cool dwarf star about 40 light-years away.
- According to the global leader in broadband testing, Ookla, which country has the fastest mobile Internet in the world?
Answer – 3.Norway
The Netherlands and Hungary are ranked number two and three on the list of the world’s fastest mobile networks. In only 13 months, Norway has jumped from 11th to first place on the list of world best providers of fast Internet connection.
- Scientists have developed the world’s first plant-based vaccine against _______ that may be more effective, safer and cheaper than other vaccines.
Answer – 4.Zika Virus
The vaccine developed by researchers from Arizona State University (ASU) in the U.S. works against a part of a Zika viral protein, called DIII, that plays a key role for the virus to infect people.
- Santosh Sharma has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of which public sector enterprise?
1.Hindustan Copper Limited
2.Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
4.Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
5.Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
Answer – 1.Hindustan Copper Ltd.
Santosh Sharma is at present Director (Operations) in Hindustan Copper Ltd. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved his appointment to the post for a period of five years.
- The largest volcanic region on Earth, with nearly 100 volcanoes, has been discovered in the western side of which continent?
Answer – 2.Antarctica
These active volcanic peaks are concentrated in a region known as the west Antarctic rift system- which stretches 3,500 km from Antarctica’s Ross ice shelf to the Antarctic peninsula. According to geologists, this huge region is likely to dwarf east Africa’s volcanic ridge- currently rated as the densest concentration of volcanoes in the world.
- On analysing data collected by which satellite, scientists have found that the monster El Nino of 2014-16 caused over 3 billion tonnes of carbon to get released into the atmosphere?
1.NASA’s Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 (OCO-2) satellite
2.NASA’s Space Carbon Observatory-2 (SCO-2) satellite
3.NASA’s Global Carbon Observatory-2 (GCO-2) satellite
4.NASA’s Virtual Carbon Observatory-2 (VCO-2) satellite
5.NASA’s Terrestrial Carbon Observatory-2 (TCO-2) satellite
Answer – 1.NASA’s Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 (OCO-2) satellite
On analysing data collected by National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA’s) Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 (OCO-2) satellite, which measures level of carbon dioxide in atmosphere, scientists have found that the monster El Nino of 2014-16 caused over 3 billion tonnes of carbon to get released into the atmosphere, pushing carbon dioxide concentration to record levels.
- On August 14, 2017, India claimed their first ever 3-0 series win overseas, beating _____ in the third and the final Test.
Answer – 2.Sri Lanka
On August 14, 2017, India claimed their first ever 3-0 series win overseas, beating Sri Lanka in the third and the final Test at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Sri Lanka by an innings and 171 runs.
- Who among the following Indian cricketer has joined an exclusive club of batsmen to score the most consecutive half-centuries in Test cricket history?
3.K L Rahul
Answer – 3.K L Rahul
On the first day of the third and final test match against Sri Lanka at Pallekele, Indian opener KL Rahul scored 85 runs on account of which he joined an exclusive club of batsmen to score the most consecutive half-centuries in Test cricket history.
- Who among the following has become the first Indian batsman to score 26 runs in an over in test match?
3.K L Rahul
Answer – 4.Hardik Pandya
In the third and final test match against Sri Lanka at Pallekele, Indian all-rounder Hardik Pandya scored 108 off just 96 balls. On account of this brilliant knock, Hardik Pandya broke/equalled several records.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new fast bowling coach of Sri Lankan Cricket team?
Answer – 1.Rumesh Ratnayake
53-year-old Ratnayake will replace Champaka Ramanayake in the Sri Lankan national team which faced a whitewash against India at home in a three-match Test series. Ratnayake will head the National Fast Bowling programme, spearheading its talent identification, skills development and training processes in cohesion with the National High Performance plan.
- Who among the following has overtaken Harbhajan Singh in most five-fors list for India?
Answer – 4.R Ashwin
On the third morning of the second Test against Sri Lanka in Colombo, Indian spinner Ravichandran Ashwin picked his 26th five-wicket haul. With this feat, Ashwin surpassed Harbhajan Singh, whom he had replaced in the team, and now only Anil Kumble has more five-wicket hauls among the Indian bowlers.
- On August 14, 2017, Pakistan hoisted the largest flag in its history in which city to mark the country’s 70th Independence Day?
Answer – 3.Lahore
Pakistan Army chief general Qamar Javed Bajwa hoisted the flag at the border at 12 in the midnight, kicking off the festivities of Independence Day across the country. The flag is reported to be the highest one in South Asia and the 8th highest in the world. Made in Pakistan, it is 400-feet high and 120 feet by 80 feet in size.
- ‘Social Security Day’ is observed on which date every year?
Answer – 5.14th August
Social Security Day is observed on August 14 every year. It is a perfect day to create awareness about the importance of social security system. The great way to celebrate the Social Security Day is to think about the afflicted members of society and do something for those people.