Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Famous Lyricist and Poet Na Muthukumar has passed away at the age of 41 years due to Jaundice in Tamilnadu. He belonged to which Language Lyricist?
Answer – B.Tamil
Famous Tamil lyricist-poet-columnist Na Muthukumar, who has written songs for more than 1000 films, passed away due Jaundice. He was 41 years old. He was not keeping well for the past one month who was well known for his Tamil Writings.
- The founder of Akshardham temples and a saint of the Swaminaryan passed away due to prolonged illness at the Sarangpur temple. Who is he?
Answer – C.Pramukh Swami
The 95-year-old founder of Akshardham temples and a saint of the Swaminarayan sect Pramukh Swami passed away after prolonged illness at the Sarangpur temple near Ahmedabad on August 13.
- Which team won the champions in the PSG trophy by beating the Tamilnadu State team by 84-72 in 52nd All India Basket Ball Championship in Coimbatore?
Answer – D.ONGC
Oil major’s ONGC team was the crowned Champions in the PSG Trophy by beating the Tamil Nadu State team by 84-72, in title clash of the 52nd All India Basket Ball Championship held in Coimbatore.
- Kumarakamvembanad Boat Club maneuvered KarichalChundan won the champions of the 64th Nehru Trophy held at which Place in Kerala?
Answer – C.Alappuzha
In the Nehru trophy Kumarakam Vembanad Boat Club maneuvered Karichal Chundan were the crowned Champions of the 64th Nehru Trophy in the electrifying race held at Punnamadalake in Alappuzha Kerala.
- Which country Aerospace manufacturer has successfully launched SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rockets on a floating drone ship?
Answer – D.America
Space Exploration Technologies Corporation, better known as SpaceX, is an American aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company headquartered in Hawthorne, California, United States.
- Which Institution has developed a new bio-optical algorithm to provide accurate assessments of Cholorophyll (Chla) concentration for detection and mapping of algal blooms?
Answer – A.IIT, Madras
A new bio-optical algorithm has been developed to provide accurate assessments of chlorophylla(Chla) concentration for detection and mapping of algal blooms from satellite data in optically complex waters, where the presence of suspended sediments and dissolved substances can interfere with phytoplankton signal and thus confound conventional band ratio algorithms has been developed by a team of researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
- When the railway budget was separated from the General Government Finances which was to be merged with the General Budget now by Union Government?
Answer – B.1924
From the next fiscal, the 92-year-old practice of presenting a separate Rail Budget is set to come to an end as the Finance Ministry accepted to Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu’s proposal for merging it with the General Budget.
- Union Government has intimated the revised tax treaty with which country under the treaty India will impose capital gains tax on investments?
Answer – D.Mauritius
Government has notified the revised tax treaty with Mauritius under which India will impose capital gains tax on investments routed through the Mauritius from April 1 next year in a bid to curb tax evasion.
- Which City hosted the first National Conference of Investigation agencies held on 12-13 August 2016 organised by Bureau of Police Research and Development and National Investigation Agency?
Answer – A.New Delhi
The first National Conference of Investigation Agencies was held on 12-13 August, 2016, at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi. It is jointly organized by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) and the National Investigation Agency (NIA) of India.
- Which State assembly passed the Amusement and Betting tax (Amendment) Bill, 2016 to give a fillip to the local film industry?
Answer – B.Assam
Assam Assembly passed the Assam Amusements and Betting Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2016. This bill will reduce the service charge of cinema tickets with an aim to give a fillip to the local film industry but, government raised the entertainment tax on cinema tickets by up to ten percentile points.
- Which of the following purpose Sri Lanka and China has entered into a tripartite agreement?
A.Port City Project
B.Construction of Thermal Power station
D.All of these
Answer – A.Port City Project
Sri Lanka and China has entered into a tripartite agreement to go ahead with construction of a mega multi-billion dollar port city project that initially began construction in September 2014 in capital Colombo.
- Which country has launched the first public immunization programme in the Americas against Dengue fever?
Answer – D.Brazil
Brazil launched the first public immunization programme in the Americas against dengue fever, where 500,000 people to be injected with the world’s first authorized vaccine against the disease.
- Times of India Group’s Times Internet joined with which bank to launch Co-branded debit cards with daily shopping limit of Rs. 2.75 Lakh and an ATM withdrawal limit of Rs. 1 lakh?
D.South Indian Bank
Answer – C.HDFC
Times of India Group’s Times Internet in cooperation with Mortgage lender HDFC launched co-branded debit cards. It will have a daily shopping limit of Rs 2.75 lakh and an ATM withdrawal limit of Rs 1 lakh.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation limited has funded how much for start up on its Diamond Jubilee year?
A.Rs. 200 Crore
B.Rs. 100 Crore
C.Rs. 150 Crore
D.Rs. 1000 Crore
Answer – B.Rs. 100 Crore
Dehradun based Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC) has launched Rs 100-crore start-up fund on its Diamond Jubilee year. The company started operations back in 1956.
- Who has been selected as the Prestigious “Indian Council of Medicinal Research International Fellowship Award”?
Answer – A.Dr.Prashant Murumkar
Dr. Prashant Murumkar, Assistant Professor at Faculty of Pharmacy of The MS University of Baroda here has been selected for prestigious “Indian Council of Medicinal Research (ICMR) International Fellowship Award’.
- Ms. Anitha Nayar has been appointed as the Ambassador of which Country?
Answer – B.Chile
India’s present ambassador to Lebanon Ms. Anitha Nayar is to be appointed as the next Ambassador of South American country, Chile.