Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The International Youth Day is being celebrated on which date annually to distinguish the efforts of the world’s youth and to promote way to engage them?
D.August 14thAnswer – C.August 12th
The International Youth Day is celebrated on August 12 annually to distinguish the efforts of the world’s youth and also to promote ways to engage them in becoming more actively involved in making positive contributions to the globe.
- The Former Chief Secretary of Odisha has passed away in Bhubaneswar at the age of 77 years old. Who is he?
A.Sudhana Bhusan Mishra
B.Sudhanshu Bhusan Mishra
C.Sudha Bhusan Mishra
D.Sudhanjali Bhusan MishraAnswer – B.Sudhanshu Bhusan Mishra
Sudhanshu Bhusan Mishra who was a chief Secretary of Odisha has passed away at his residence in Bhubaneswar. He was 77 years old.
- The professional Golfer Jim Furyk aged 46 made a record after he shot a record at the Travelers Championship. He belongs to which country?
D.AmericaAnswer – D.America
American professional golfer Jim Furyk aged 46 made a record after he shot a record 12-under-par 58 at the Travelers Championship following a third round 72, Furyk retreated to the range, the lowest round ever on the PGA Tour.
- Which State Government has made initiatives to check genuineness and updating the complete inventory of horns, verification of rhino horns?
D.GujaratAnswer – A.Assam
In to check genuineness and updating the complete inventory of horns, verification of rhino horns which were kept in various treasuries in the custody of Assam government since 1980 has started in Golaghat, Assam.
- Which State Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding with India Trade and Exhibition Centre, Dubai for promotion of Skill Development, Investment and Tourism?
D.BiharAnswer – C.Rajasthan
In order to facilitate the development of the Tourism sector, Rajasthan Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with India Trade And Exhibition Centre (ITEC), Dubai for promotion of skill development, investment and tourism sectors.
- Which Festival is being celebrated in Telugu States begins at the Krishna River in Vijayawada for 12 day after 12 years?
D.KumbaAnswer – B.Pushkaralu
The 12-day long Krishna Pushkaralu festival that comes once in every 12 years, begins at the Krishna River in Vijayawada, The twin Telugu states made all the Precautionary measures to avoid any mishap.
- Which State to hold the first Touch and feel garden for the visually impaired people in the country?
D.Madhya PradeshAnswer – C.Kerala
A first-of-its-kind, Initiative for a touch and feel garden for the visually impaired people in the country was inaugurated in the premises of Calicut University.
- Which State has inaugurated the State’s first “Sewa Kendra” in order to provide efficient and transparent Governance to the people?
D.PunjabAnswer – D.Punjab
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal inaugurated the Punjab’s first ‘Sewa Kendra‘ in order to provide efficient and transparent governance to the people at their doorsteps, where people will be able to avail 243 services under one roof.
- Which City is recognized as the most expensive city in India as per Trip Advisor’s trip Index?
According to the sixth edition of Trip Advisor’s Trip Index Cities, Mumbai has been ranked the most expensive city in India but the second least expensive in the world to visit, after Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Which of the following reason Reserve Bank of India Drafted circular for Public comments on “Limited Liability” for customers?
A.Frauds in Internet Banking and Card transactions
B.Misbehaviour of Customers in Banking
C.Fraudulent in availing Loans
D.Wrong declaration of InformationAnswer – A.Frauds in Internet Banking and Card transactions
RBI has come up with a Draft Circular for public comments on “Limited Liability” for customers in case of frauds in Internet Banking and Card transactions.
- Which Bank has tied up with the E-Commerce Market Place Flipkart by expanding the Bank’s in-app shop to book air tickets, hotels and bus tickets?
A.Kotak Mahindra Bank
D.South Indian BankAnswer – A.Kotak Mahindra Bank
Mumbai based Private sector lender Kodak Mahindra Bank has tied up with the E- Commerce Market Place Flipkart by expanding the Bank’s in-app shop, mStore which was used to book air tickets, hotels and bus tickets.
- Which Company designed and sells ready to assemble furniture appliances and home accessories worldwide has laid the foundation in Hyderabad?
D.IMEAAnswer – B.IKEA
Netherlands based IKEA who designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture appliances and home accessories worldwide has laid the foundation in Hyderabad for its first store in India.
- Gautam Eknath Thakur has been appointed as Chairman of which leading private bank?
B.South Indian Bank
D.Dhanalakshmi BankAnswer – A.Saraswat Bank
Gautam Eknath Thakur has been elected Chairman of the leading co- operative banker, Saraswat Bank.
- Who has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Bombay High court with effect from August 24th?
D.Manjula ChellurAnswer – D.Manjula Chellur
Manjula Chellur, chief justice of the Calcutta High Court, has been appointed Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court with effect from August 24.
- Which bank has partnered with Korea Development Bank to sign an MoU to develop business synergies in the domains of Corporate finance, project finance and asset finance?
A.Asian Development Bank
India’s largest public sector bank, State bank of India (SBI) and Korea Development Bank (KDB) have signed an MOU to develop business synergies in the domains of corporate finance, project finance and asset finance.
- The Ministry for Water Resources has constituted committee to restructure the Central Water Commission (CWC) and the Central Ground Water Board (CGWB).Which is headed by ?
D.Madhav ChitaleAnswer – A.Mihir Shah
The Ministry for Water Resources has constituted a seven-member committee led by former Planning Commission member Mihir Shah to restructure the Central Water Commission (CWC) and the Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) to encourage optimal development of water resources in the country.