AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 11,2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs August 11 2017
- The bill was passed on10th August 2017 in Lok Sabha for giving effect to the merger of five associate banks with the parent State Bank of India (SBI).Find out the name of a bill from below.
1.State Banks (Merger and Acquisition) Bill 2017
2.State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill 2017
3.State Banks (Subsidiary Merger) Bill 2017
4.State Banks (Subsidiary Closure) Bill 2017
5.State Banks (Single Entity) Bill 2017
Answer – 2.State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill 2017
On August 10, 2017, the Lok Sabha passed State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill 2017 to repeal the SBI (Subsidiary Banks) Act 1959, State Bank of Hyderabad Act 1956 and to further amend the State Bank of India Act, 1955, following the merger of five associates with the parent State Bank of India.
- As per Economic Survey 2016-17 Volume II, tabled in Parliament by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on August 11, 2017, meeting the upper end of the ______ per cent GDP growth forecast for 2017-18 will be a challenge.
1.6.75-7.5 per cent
2.6.25-7.5 per cent
3.6.00-7.5 per cent
4.6.75-7.75 per cent
5.6.75-7.25 per cent
Answer – 1.6.75-7.5 per cent
As per Economic Survey 2016-17 Volume II, tabled in Parliament by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on August 11, 2017, meeting the upper end of the 6.75-7.5 per cent GDP growth forecast for 2017-18 will be a challenge. Stressed farm revenues, farm loan waivers and a series of deflationary impulses have been outlined as reasons for anxiety in the economy.
- On August 9, 2017, in which state the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) under Ministry of Commerce & Industry has approved two projects for development of industrial clusters?
Answer – 4.Andhra Pradesh
Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) under Ministry of Commerce and Industry has approved two projects for development of industrial clusters at Hindupur and Bobbili in the respective districts of Ananatapur and Vizianagaram of Andhra Pradesh.
- Sriram Sagar project, which was in news recently, is located in which state?
Answer – 5.Telangana
In an effort to modernise the Sriram Sagar project and increase the area served by this lifeline project, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on August 10, 2017 initiated a Rs. 2000-crore project that seeks to modernise and revitalise its network.
- Government has fixed an ambitious target of installing ______ Giga watt (GW) wind power capacity in the country by 2022.
1.60 giga watt (GW)
2.65 giga watt (GW)
3.70 giga watt (GW)
4.75 giga watt (GW)
5.80 giga watt (GW)
Answer – 1.60 giga watt (GW)
Power Minister Piyush Goyal said, the current wind power installed capacity in the country is over 32.5 GW. Annual wind power capacity addition of around 5500 megawatt is required to meet wind power capacity target of 60 GW by 2022.
- Delhi Assembly has recently passed a bill to grant university status to which institute?
1.Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology
2.Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology
3.Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Technology
4.Bhagat Singh Institute of Technology
5.Azad Institute of Technology
Answer – 2. Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology
The Delhi Assembly on August 10, 2017, passed the Minimum Wages (Delhi) Amendment Bill 2017 and the Delhi Netaji Subhash University of Technology Bill 2017. The Minimum Wages (Delhi) Amendment Bill 2017 seeks to make the punishment to violators of minimum wages norm stricter. The Delhi Netaji Subhash University of Technology Bill 2017 aims to accord the existing Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (NSIT) the status of a university.
- Where was the 15th Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) Ministerial Meeting was held on August 11, 2017?
5.Colombo, Sri Lanka
Answer – 3.Kathmandu, Nepal
The meeting was attended by foreign ministers from Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Sri Lanka and the deputy foreign ministers from Myanmar and Thailand. Union Minister of External Affairs, Ms. Sushma Swaraj also attended this meeting.
- Which among the following Central Bank has said it would not change the way its new plastic banknotes are made, despite concerns among some vegetarians and religious groups about trace amounts of animal fat used in their production?
1.Bank of Russia
2.Eurpean Central Bank
3.Reserve Bank of Australia
4.Bank of England
5.Bank of Japan
Answer – 4.Bank of England
The Bank of England said, the only alternative for its polymer banknotes was to use more expensive chemicals derived from palm oil, and that its suppliers were unable to commit to using only palm oil produced in the most environmentally friendly way.
- This year, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will be transferring how much amount to Central Government as dividend?
1.Rs 30,659 crore
2.Rs 40,659 crore
3.Rs 50,659 crore
4.Rs 60,659 crore
5.Rs 70,659 crore
Answer – 1.Rs 30,659 crore
This year’s amount is less than half the amount of Rs 65876 crore it transferred to Government last year. The reduction in the transfer of surplus to the government could be due to a number of factors including higher cost of printing new currency notes and cost of managing excess liquidity generated from phasing out of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes.
- Markets regulator SEBI has entered into a pact with its counterpart of which country for mutual cooperation and technical assistance?
Answer – 2.Iran
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and Securities & Exchange Organization (SEO) of Iran have entered into a bilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for mutual cooperation and technical assistance. The pact will promote technical assistance and facilitate cross-border co-operation in the area of securities regulations.
- Which among the following has received markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)’s approval to launch country’s first gold options contract?
1.National Stock Exchange
2.Bombay Stock Exchange
3.Multi Commodity Exchange
4.National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange
5.United Stock Exchange of India
Answer – 3.Multi Commodity Exchange
The Multi Commodity Exchange Ltd (MCX) has received markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)’s approval to launch country’s first gold options contract. MCX will soon finalise exact contract specifications and launch date.
- Which among the following company will monitor the growth of the MSMEs in Odisha after imparting training to them in next one year?
Answer – 4.Facebook
Facebook has partnered with Odisha’s MSME department and Project Mission Shakti to train 25,000 entrepreneurs by the end of 2018. The state government has plans to organise hands-on workshops for MSME entrepreneurs and women SHGs on ‘Digital Marketing Skills’.
- Which oil company bought 1.9 million barrels of U.S. crude in its second import tender making it the first Indian refiner to purchase Eagle Ford shale oil?
Answer – 1.IOC
IOC bought 950,000 barrels of light sweet Eagle Ford shale oil and 950,000 barrels of heavy sour Mars crude for end-October delivery from trading firm. Indian refiners have turned their sights to crude from the Americas as they are keen to diversify their crude import sources owing to global oil supply cuts.
- Oxford University Press (OUP) has launched online dictionaries in _____ and _____ as part of its special focus on Indian languages
1.Tamil and Bengali
2.Tamil and Gujarati
3.Bengali and Gujarati
4.Punjabi and Gujarati
5.Tamil and Punjabi
Answer – 2. Tamil and Gujarati
The Oxford Global Languages (OGL) initiative began in September 2015. It’s main aim is to build dictionaries and lexicographical resources for around 100 of the world’s languages and to make them available online. The programme’s objective is to transform the experience of millions of people worldwide.
- Which of the following entity has launched a dedicated platform for trade and exchange of digital currencies such as bitcoin, litecoin, ether, Lisk, monero, dash and game credits ?
Answer – 3.BitBay
BitBay, one of the top ten cryptocurrency trading platforms in the world, has launched a dedicated platform for trade and exchange of digital currencies such as bitcoin, litecoin, ether, Lisk, monero, dash and gamecredits. The company will also work towards creating awareness about digital currencies and also removing misconceptions related to these currencies in a market like India.
- Who has been accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of San Marino, with residence in Rome?
Answer – 4.Reenat Sandhu
Reenat Sandhu, (lFS: 1989), presently Ambassador of lndia to ltaly has been concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of lndia to the Republic of San Marino, with residence in Rome. She is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- Which professional football club of Spain, has won the 2017 UEFA Super Cup football tournament?
Answer – 1.Real Madrid
Real Madrid, a professional football club of Spain, has won the 2017 UEFA Super Cup football tournament by defeating Manchester United in the final by 2-1. It is their 4th UEFA Super Cup title. UEFA awards €2.2 million to the runners-up and €3.2 million to the winners of the Super Cup.
- Name the first Indian who qualified for the final round of the javelin throw World Championships?
2.Davinder Singh Kang
Answer – 2.Davinder Singh Kang
The IAAF World Athletics Championships is going on in London. Kang, who was competing in the qualification round of Group B, qualified for the finals. Kang’s best effort of 84.22m placed him in the 7th position among the other qualifiers for the final round.
- Indian Football team dropped to _____ spot in latest FIFA rankings released on August 10, 2017.
Answer – 3. 97th
As compared to the previous FIFA rankings, India dropped one step to be placed at 97th spot in the latest edition of the FIFA rankings released on August 10, 2017. Brazil has gained the top spot from Germany.
- Vijay Nambisan, who passed away on August 10, 2017, was a:
4.Poet and Writer
5.Former Union Minister
Answer – 4.Poet and Writer
Poet and writer Vijay Nambisan passed away on August 10, 2017. He was 54 years old. He co-authored Gemini, a poetry book, with Jeet Thayil and Dom Moraes. His poem ‘Madras Central’ made him won the All India Poetry Competition organised by the Poetry Society of India in association with the British Council.