Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Veteran Actor and Singer featured in films with famous artists has passed away at the age of 91 due to major stroke in Las Vegas. Who is he?
D.Clara DeHevanAnswer – A.Gloria DeHaven
Renowned Actor and singer Gloria DeHaven who featured in films with Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly and Charlie Chaplin has died at the age of 91 following a major stroke suffering in Las Vegas.
- Indian Born American Emeritus Braj B Kachru has passed away in Urbana at the age of 84 years. What is his profession?
D.DoctorAnswer – C.Professor
Eminent Indian-American Professor Emeritus Braj B Kachru has passed away in Urbana. He was 84 year old. He was a Jubilee Professor Emeritus of Linguistics, faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences at the University of Illinois at Urbana.
- Who has won the Rogers Cup final in Toronto, Canada after defeated Kei Nishikori in straight sets?
D.Roger FedererAnswer – B.Novak Djokovic
Ahead of the Olympic Games, Novak Djokovic defeated Kei Nishikori in straight sets and got back to winning streaks in the Rogers Cup final in Toronto, Canada.
- Who has won the German Grand Prix with 19 points lead championship over his teammate?
D.Max VerstappenAnswer – C.Lewis Hamilton
Britain’s Lewis Hamilton who drove for Mercedes has sealed German Grand Prix that also gains 19 points lead championship over his teammate Nico Rosberg.
- Which team has won the season 4 finals of the Pro Kabaddi League defeating Jaipur Pink Panthers?
D.Patna PiratesAnswer – D.Patna Pirates
Patna Pirates won in the season 4 finals of the Pro Kabaddi League by defeating Jaipur Pink Panthers. Being a winner of season 3, Patna again proved its ability in the Kabaddi league by winning this season.
- Which animals are going to extinct by 2100, according to study published in the journal BioScience?
D.DolphinAnswer – B.Mammoth
According to the study published in the journal BioScience, many mammoth animals will go extinct by 2100, the study went on to say that big animals could disappear by the end of the century if conservation measures aren’t taken it warned.
- Which company has come up with the new online abuse detector for detecting and eventually curbing rampant online abuse?
D.AviraAnswer – A.Yahoo
American multinational technology company Yahoo has come up with the new online abuse detector for detecting and eventually curbing rampant online abuse.
- Which Government has lifted the Ban on the toddy (Palm wine) consumption and selling in the state?
D.West BengalAnswer – B.Bihar
Bihar government-led by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has lifted the Ban on the toddy (palm wine) consumption and selling in the state.
- Which bank has opened new home loan scheme for defense and other government employees to attract the 7th Pay commission salary hike?
A.United Bank of India
B.Union Bank of India
C.State Bank of India
D.Corporation BankAnswer – C.State Bank of India
SBI unveiled a new cheaper home loan scheme for defense and other government employees. This new decision reflects to attract the donee of the 7th pay commission’s salary hike.
- Which Financial institutions has announced a comprehensive Housing finance scheme called prapti with an attractive 4% interest rate?
A.Tata Capita Housing
D.HDFC ErgoAnswer – A.Tata Capita Housing
Tata Capita Housing Limited announced a Comprehensive Housing finance scheme called Prapti with an attractive 4% interest rate for people earning less than Rs 6 lakh a year.
- Which bank partnered with a fintech start-up Fisdom for personal wealth management services?
A.Bank of India
C.Union Bank of India
D.Bank of BarodaAnswer – D.Bank of Baroda
Vadodara headquartered Public Sector lender Bank of Baroda has entered into partnership with a fintech start-up Fisdom for personal wealth management services.
- Which Company has joined with India’s largest lender State Bank of India to corporate citizenship collaboration?
B.Tata Consultancy Services
D.InfosysAnswer – C.Oracle
American Business Software maker Oracle India has joined with India’s largest lender State bank of India to corporate citizenship collaboration and unveiled the ‘D-Change’ programme to support education and learning, women’s empowerment and rural skills development.
- Which state has been selected for the prestigious All India Coordinated Rice Improvement Award for the year 2015?
D.HaryanaAnswer – C.West Bengal
For the first time, West Bengal has been selected for the prestigious All India Coordinated Rice Improvement Award 2015.
- Which state Chief Minister has offered to resign from the post of Chief Minister due to completion of 75 years?
D.GujaratAnswer – D.Gujarat
Ahead of the forth coming elections in Guajarat in 2017, Chief Minister Anandiben Patel expressed her offer to resign from her hot seat and this decision eyes at marking her age 75, which is to be completed soon.
- Who has taken over the charge of Air Officer Commanding-in-chief of the southern Air Command?
D.S NeelamaAnswer – B.S Neelakantan
S Neelakantan, Air Marshal took charge as Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Southern Air Command and the traditional Guard of Honour was presented to him by the Air Warriors.