Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- On April 9, 2017, M Venkaiah Naidu Union Minister of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation, launched 352 housing projects in 53 cities across 17 States. Total how many houses will be constructed under these projects?
D.4 lakhAnswer –B. 2 lakh
Construction cost per house under these projects is in the range of Rs. 15 lakh to Rs. 30 lakh. Total investment required for these projects is Rs. 38000 crore which will be made by members of Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India (CREDAI). This is a first instance wherein such huge investments have been committed in the space of affordable housing.
- On April 7, 2017, Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the three-day National Children’s Film Festival (NCFF) in:
A.Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
D.Dharamshala, Himachal PradeshAnswer – A. Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
This event was organised by the Children’s Film Society India (CFSI) in association with the Government of Andhra Pradesh. The opening film of the NCFF was “Shanu – The Optimist”, directed by K.N.T. Sastry and produced by CFSI in 2016.
- Which among the following schemes launched by Niti Aayog, aims to encourage digital payments by providing cash prizes to consumers through a lucky draw?
A.’Cash Jeeto Yojana’
B.’Digi-Payment Labh Yojana’
C.’Lucky Grahak Yojana’
D.’Digi-Malamaal Yojana’Answer – C. Lucky Grahak Yojana
On April 9, 2017, President Pranab Mukherjee will draw lots for Lucky Grahak Yojana (3 Mega Prizes for worth Rs. 1 crore, Rs. 50 lakh, Rs. 25 lakh for consumers) and Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana (3 Mega Prizes worth Rs 50 lakhs, Rs. 25 lakh, Rs. 12 lakh for merchants) at a function to be held at Rashtrapati Bahvan. These Mega Prize winners will be felicitated by PM Narendra Modi on 14th April 2017 in Nagpur on the occasion of Ambedkar Jayanti.
- How many projects have been approved by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) under Centre’s ‘Namami Gange’ programme to reduce pollution in River Ganga?
D.26 projectsAnswer – D. 26 projects
The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved 26 projects worth Rs 2,154.28 crore under the Centre’s ‘Namami Gange’ programme, focusing to reduce the river’s pollution. NMCG will set up sewage treatment plants (STPs) and develop sewage network in four Ganga basin states: Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Delhi.
- Which theatre group is organising India’s first ever micro-drama festival, ‘Thespis’which is scheduled to be held at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts in Delhi?
A.Vriksh theatre group
B.Gagan theatre group
C.Agni theatre group
D.Rangbumi theatre groupAnswer – A. Vriksh Theatre Group
The festival is named after Thespis of Icaria, who lived in 6th century BC and was the first actor to perform solo in Greek drama. During the festival, a series of 10-minute plays will be presented.
- West Burdwan has been declared as 23rd district of which Indian State?
D.Madhya PradeshAnswer – C. West Bengal
After Jhargram, West Burdwan has declared as 23rd district of West Bengal by West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee as a “Bengali New Year gift to the people.” The new district was carved out of Bardhaman district. It comprises Bardhaman Paschim, Asansol and Durgapur.
- Uttar Pradesh government has given its approval to build a music village named ‘Bismillah Khan Sangeet Gram’. Ustad Bismillah Khan was an exponent of which musical instrument?
D.SitarAnswer – C. Shehnai
The Uttar Pradesh government led by Yogi Adityanath has given its approval to building a music village named ‘Bismillah Khan Sangeet Gram’ to honour the legendary Shehnai player Ustad Bismillah Khan. This project will be developed at Varanasi. It was conceived by Padma Shri Soma Ghosh, the adopted daughter of the legendary shehnai player.
- Which private sector bank has entered into an agreement with Flyworld Money Exchange to facilitate remittances by Indian migrants in Australia?
D.South Indian BankAnswer – D. South Indian Bank
NRIs in Australia will now have access to quick and cost-effective remittances to India using the South Indian Bank Express facility. Using this facility, NRIs can now remit funds with ease to any commercial bank in India.
- Who among the following Indian-origin educationist in the United Kingdom (UK) has been named the ‘Asian Businesswoman of the Year’at the 5th annual Asian Business Awards Midlands?
D.Vibha RastogiAnswer – A. Asha Khemka
The annual Asian Business Awards Midlands honours the outstanding achievements of local Asian businesses. The award ceremony was held at Edgbaston cricket ground in Birmingham, UK. Asha Khemka is the current Principal and CEO of West Nottinghamshire College. This award has been conferred, to honor her efforts in the field of education and skills.
- Who among the following has become the first non-white circuit judge at London Old bailey Court?
D.Roopali SinghAnswer – B. Anuja Dhir
Indian-origin Anuja Ravindra Dhir is the youngest circuit judge currently working at Central Criminal Courts in London. She has become becomes 1st non-white judge at London Old bailey Court. Anuja was born in Dundee Scotland to Indian immigrant parents.
- Smita Sandhane has taken charge as Managing Director of which urban Co-operative Bank with effect from April 1, 2017?
A.Shamrao Vithal Co-operative Bank
B.Rajkot Nagarik Sahakari Bank
C.Saraswat Co-operative Bank
D.Cosmos Co-operative Urban BankAnswer – C. Saraswat Co-operative Bank
Smita is the first woman chief of India’s largest urban co-operative bank. She has been working at Saraswat Co-operative Bank since 1982. Sandhane has succeeded S.K. Banerjee who retired from the services of the bank.
- India has won 12 medals at Asian Youth Chess Championship which was held in:
D.Tashkent, UzbekistanAnswer – D. Tashkent, Uzbekistan
India topped the medals tally with 12 medals followed by Uzbekistan 10 medals. Gold medals for India were won by Aakanksha Hagawane (Under-18 Girls), Erigaisi Arjun (Under-14 Open), Jishitha D (Under-14 Girls) and Sahithi Varshini M (Under-10 Girls).
- Who among the following has won Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix?
D.Daniel RicciardoAnswer – A. Lewis Hamilton
Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton dominated the Chinese Grand Prix to take his first win of the year. Hamilton’s victory, in a race enlivened by a wet start and some terrific wheel-to-wheel battles, ties him with first-race winner Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel.
- The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has granted affiliation to the Boxing Federation of India (BFI). Who is the current President of BFI?
D.Vikram TomarAnswer – B. Ajay Singh
The IOA stated in a letter to BFI President Ajay Singh, ‘as per the directives of the International Olympic Committee vide their letter dated February 7, the IOA grants affiliation to the BFI subject to ratification by the Executive Council/General Body of the IOA’. Now the BFI becomes fully recognized entity for Indian boxing, having already been granted affiliation by International Amateur Boxing Association (AIBA) and the Sports Ministry.
- Who among the following has won Malaysia Open Superseries badminton title in men’s singles category?
B.Li Chong Wei
D.Chen LongAnswer – C. Lin Dan
The 2017 Malaysia Super Series Premier was the third super series tournament of the 2017 BWF Super Series. The tournament was held in Kuching, Malaysia from 4th -9th April 2017.
- Which space agency has discovered a Venus-like planet orbiting a dim star that is one-fifth the diameter of our Sun and is located 219 light years away from Earth?
A.Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
B.Eurpean Space Agency
C.Roscosmos State Corporation for Space Activities (Russia)
D.National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)Answer – D. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
This discovery was done by using using NASA’s Kepler space telescope. The newly found planet is only slightly larger than Earth, and it tightly embraces its low-temperature star called Kepler-1649, encircling it every nine days. The discovery will provide insight into the nature of planets around M dwarf stars, by far the most common type in the universe.