Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- Central Govt. has decided to revive which 45-year old river irrigation project in Jharkhand?
A.Auranga River Irrigation Project
B.North Koel River Irrigation Project
C.Bokaro River Irrigation Project
D.South Karo River Irrigation Project
Answer – B.North Koel River Irrigation Project
Union Govt. has decided to revive its 45-year-old North Koel river irrigation project with an objective to provide irrigation facilities to over one lakh hectare of farm land in Jharkhand, specifically in Daltonganj and Palamu region along with neighbouring districts of Bihar. The pending work on this project will be completed at an estimated cost of Rs 1,622 crore.
- Two-Day National TB Summit, for raising awareness and increasing momentum to fightagainst TB was held on 7th and 8th April 2017 in:
A.Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
Answer – A.Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
This is the first such summit on TB which brought together Central & State Ministers, Members of Parliament (MPs), celebrities, bureaucrats, donors, corporate partners, health experts and organisations working to eradicate TB. All these stakeholders pledged their support for ‘TB free India by 2025’.
- For the first time in the history of Haryana, the sex ratio at birth has touched the ____ mark
Answer – D.950 mark
On this accomplishment, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said “the figure has been achieved following strict efforts to improve the sex ratio through a sustained campaign as part of the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padao’ campaign”.
- Which among the following is NOT among the eight states which have been declared as drought-hit by Union Govt.?
Answer – D.Gujarat
The eight drought-hit States have been sanctioned an assistance of Rs.24,000 crore from the outlay for the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme and the number of mandays under the scheme has been increased by 50 to take up drought relief works.
- India has entered into an agreement with which European country to set up a Green Growth Equity Fund (GGEF)to finance energy needs?
Answer – A.United Kingdom
India’s Power and Renewable Energy Minister Piyush Goyal and UK’s Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Greg Clark agreed to cooperate on important areas in the energy sector. The two countries have also agreed to involve in accelerated deployment of renewable energy and its integration with the grid.
- Who among the following is set to become the United Nations’ youngest-ever‘Messenger of Peace’?
Answer – B. Malala Yousafzai
Nobel Peace Prize winner from Pakistan, Malala Yousafzai is set to become the United Nations’ youngest-ever ‘Messenger of Peace’. She has been selected for this honour by United Nations current Secretary General Antonio Guterres. The designation ceremony will be held on April 10, 2017 at the UN’s headquarters in New York, United States.
- Which South American country is set to become the first country to allow sale of marijuana for recreational purpose through pharmacy stores?
Answer – C.Uruguay
Uruguay has been trying for nearly four years to legalize the production, sale and consumption of marijuana. The country has stockpiled 400 kilograms (880 pounds) of marijuana so far. Uruguayan citizens and permanent residents who are 18 or older will be allowed to purchase marijuana from a pharmacy store.
- US and China have agreed to pursue a __________, aimed at reducing the US trade deficit with China.
Answer – C.‘100-day plan’
US President Donald Trump and President of the People’s Republic of China & Chairman of the Central Military Commission, Xi Jinping have agreed to pursue a ‘100-day plan’ aimed at reducing the US trade deficit with China. The presidents agreed to the plan to correct the trade imbalance. It includes the boosting of US exports to China.
- Which private sector bank has announced the launch of its Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on Chillr?
C.Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer – A. HDFC Bank
Private Sector Lender, HDFC Bank Ltd has announced the launch of its Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on Chillr. Henceforth the HDFC Bank UPI will be available on Chillr, in addition to the bank’s Mobile Banking app.
- Banks which are currently allowed to invest as much as _____of their net-owned funds in equity-linked mutual funds, venture capital funds and stocks will be permitted by RBI to invest in real estate investment trusts (REITs) and infrastructure investment trusts (InvITs) within the limit.
Answer – C. 20%
With an objective to benefit real estate sector, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has proposed to allow banks to invest in Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs). RBI will issue detailed guidelines for the same by end of May 2017.
- To control black money all over India, the government has fixed the top limit of Rs ______ on cash transactions. The penalty for violating this is a fine equivalent to the amount of transaction.
A.Rs. 1 lakh
B.Rs. 2 lakh
C.Rs. 3 lakh
D.Rs. 4 lakh
Answer – B. Rs. 2 lakh
In context of this provision, the Income Tax Department clarified that Rs 2 lakh cash transaction limit will not be applicable on withdrawals from bank, cooperative bank or a post office savings account.
- The Reserve Bank of India has enabled faster settlement of the process of NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer) by increasing the settlement cycle to ____from ____ currently
A.29 from 18 currently
B.27 from 16 currently
C.25 from 14 currently
D.23 from 12 currently
Answer – D. 23 from 12 currently
This move will facilitate half hourly settlements instead of the hourly settlement system practiced now. When a transaction is done at a bank branch, the branch forwards the clearance request to the RBI to be accommodated in the next settlement cycle. Thus increase of the number of cycles will allow faster settlement of funds and more funds to settle in a day.
- Which private sector bank has announced the opening of its IFSC banking unit at the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City)?
B.Karur Vysya Bank
Answer – A.RBL Bank
RBI has permitted domestic public and private sector banks to open an IFSC banking units (IBU) at GIFT City to undertake foreign exchange transactions with resident and non-resident entities other than individuals. The IBU will give RBL Bank access to international financial markets and the bank will offer a range of products and services to its clients.
- Who among the following has been appointed as new CEO of Larsen and Toubro Ltd. (L&T)?
Answer – A. S.N. Subrahmanyan
Larsen and Toubro Ltd (L&T) has appointed current president & deputy MD S.N. Subrahmanyan as the new CEO replacing A.M. Naik who will now take charge as non-executive chairman.
- Who has been appointed as the chairman of the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT)?
A.Retired Supreme Court judge Mahesh Joshi
B.Retired Supreme Court judge Ajay Mathur
C.Retired Supreme Court judge Shiva Kirti Singh
D.Retired Supreme Court judge Deepak Rathod
Answer – C. Retired Supreme Court judge Shiva Kirti
The position had been vacant since June 2016, post the retirement of the previous chairman, Justice Aftab Alam. Shiva Kirti Singh had served as the chief justice of Allahabad High Court.
- Mukta Dutta Tomar has been appointed as new Ambassador of India to which country?
Answer – D.Germany
Mukta Dutta Tomar (IFS: 1984), presently Additional Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Federal Republic of Germany. She is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- Researchers have discovered a protein that could help make vaccinations more effective and also provide protection from other diseases such as cancer. This protein is called:
Answer – B. PorB
PorB helps increase the amount of antibody production and can stimulate cells to kill offending agent. PorB is a purified form of a protein found on the exterior of bacteria (neisseria meningidis).
- Which web portal and mobile application has been inaugurated by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, to enable the willing donors to contribute towards the family of soldiers who sacrificed his/her life in line on duty?
A.’Shaheedo ko Salaam’
B.’Bharat ke Veer’
Answer – B.’Bharat ke Veer’
The donated amount will be credited to the account of ‘Next of Kin’ of Central Armed Police Force/Central Para Military Force martyred soldiers. This domain allows anyone who is willing to support the soldiers’ family financially.
- Which among the following has become the first IPL Franchise to launch a mobile cricket game with an objective to establish its presence in online sphere?
B.Royal Challengers Bangalore
D.Kolkata Knight Riders
Answer – B.Royal Challengers Bangalore
Royal Challengers Bangalore and gaming entity Nazara Games have come together to launch a new mobile cricket game RCB Star Cricket. This game is a social cricketing experience with biggest cricketing stars including Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle and AB de Villiers.
- K Shyam Kumar is associated with which sport?
Answer – B.Boxing
Indian boxer K Shyam Kumar (49kg) has won a gold medal for the second time in Thailand International Tournament. Kumar faced the Olympic champion Hasanboy Dusmatov from Uzbekistan in the men’s Light Flyweight (49kg) final.
- Which Pakistani cricketer has announced his retirement from international cricket matches after the test series against West Indies in May 2017?
Answer – C. Younis Khan
Younis Khan is the second Pakistani cricketer to announce retirement after Misbah-ul-Haq in the same month. Under his capitancy, Pakistan cricket team won the World Twenty20 title in 2009.
- Which politician is the author of the book ‘Flaming Tresses of Draupadi’?
Answer – B.Veerappa Moily
President Pranab Mukherjee released a book titled ‘Flaming Tresses of Draupadi’ authored by Veerappa Moily in New Delhi on April 7, 2017.The book gives new perception into the Draupadi’s life and traces the life journey of Draupadi from her birth to her marriage with the Pandavas.